• Published 12th Oct 2019
  • 440 Views, 126 Comments

Let's write a story. - TheMajorTechie



We won't know where we'll start, nor where we'll end, so long as we write. A heavily comment-driven story.

  • ...
4
 126
 440

Let's write a story,

Author's Note:

Buffer chapter! We'll set some things up for the next chapter here. :twilightsmile:

Comments used for this chapter and the next chapter:

  • Shadow_8472 – (Out of order) Time travel
  • B4ssxCello & Shadow_8472 – Begin to take control over form, adapt to the situation
  • NicLove – Celestia acts like she doesn’t know the Voidtrotter, but privately admits to it when alone with them.
  • B4ssxCello – The next given name of the Voidtrotter: Mistwalker
  • Howzdozit - The Voidtrotter enters one of Starlight’s AUs
  • B4ssxCello, Shadow_8472 & Howzdozit – Counterpart to the Voidtrotter is created by Discord, eventually reconcile and recombine
  • Zapper frost – Voidtrotter’s current form holds until they choke on a rock

A story about the Voidtrotter. They were a strange creature, taking the form of whatever the readers may choose; a griffon, perhaps, or a timberwolf. As for now, they remained in the latter form, unconscious in the infinite depths of the Void.

The name they were once known by-- Cookie, no longer applied here. Gone was the name others once referred to the Voidtrotter by, for the world in which it was given no longer existed.

A whisper, a murmur of words from beyond the Void. Was it the soothing voice of Celestia? The Voidtrotter couldn't tell. This was not a single voice, however. This was the voice of many; the voice of a crowd, the voice of an audience, the voice of the reader.

"Mistwalker," the voice echoed, "The next realm you enter will know you by Mistwalker..."

Mistwalker it was, then. The Voidtrotter was no character to object being deemed worthy of a name. Though they had existed for only a brief period of time thus far, a name helped to connect them, to make them feel more grounded, like the ponies and the timberwolves of the past realm.

They blinked, their eyes still two glowing green orbs within the wooden frame of a timberwolf. How were they able to hold such a form in the Void? Was it that they still had shards of the gemstone embedded within them? Maybe they were beginning to grow stronger in their abilities, therefore being able to hold their form for longer.

Nevertheless, it was of little matter what form they existed in. They simply existed, and that was what mattered. They could experience the world, and that was what mattered.

They lived, and that was what mattered.

But what of their next adventure? What strange reality may our character be thrust into next? We have witnessed an odd realm of Earth Ponies and timberwolves thus far, but little else beyond.

"Starlight Glimmer," Celestia's voice mused to itself somewhat distantly. "A prodigious unicorn of near-unparalleled might, matching even my own former student in magical potential."

A wooden ear perked at Celestia's musings. Was it an indication of where the Voidtrotter may be sent next? They were not sure, but the prospect of encountering such a powerful being excited them.

"Where must I go next?" the Voidtrotter asked, their voice fading into the still darkness.

"You shall be sent to a dying universe created by Starlight Glimmer prior to her reform," Celestia's voice boomed, "You will learn of hardship and war, but may attempt to help in any way you wish. This universe is rapidly deteriorating as it stands, and so your journey may potentially be cut short."

A dim light flickered into view before the Voidtrotter, steadily growing in size and brightness until it enveloped their entire field of view in a blinding white.