• Published 31st May 2019
  • 9,450 Views, 3,593 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 3 - TDR



A hidden empire, even worse dating advice, bad apples, witch wolves, and the return of chaos all in Season 3 of Twilight Gets a Puppy

  • ...
23
 3,593
 9,450

PreviousChapters Next
Gibbous ponies play, Part 5

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 3
By TDR

Gibbous ponies play,
Part 5

[Crystal Empire.]


Everything went perfectly.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

No, seriously.

Twilight, Chrysalis and Big Mac went to the train station to meet Miss Harshwhinny. Twilight and Chrysalis spent the time getting on each others nerves, there was a moment where Twilight was going to blast her for giving to much information on her relationship with Cadence and Shining Armor, though Big Mac kept the peace.

The two separated to look for the mare with the floral print suitcase.

Mac made a sign with Harshwhinny's name on it and stood near the platform.

The games inspector came to him.

Chrysalis and Twilight found six other mares with floral print suitcases.

After that it was all business. Twilight could answer anything Harshwhinny asked about the Crystal Empire, and Chrysalis could show her anything she wanted to see having learned the lay out of the Empire almost perfectly given her changelings had scouted every inch of the place for any more traps, and places for a hive.

Rainbow Dash managed to get the weather under control and most of the missing clouds back into the dome. Thunderlane only managed to set off a thundercloud one more time in the process.

Against all odds Rarity and Fluttershy managed to make Cadence's hair look perfect for the meeting. Granted Rarity had to magically hold several of the gems in place the whole time from behind a curtain, but it still worked.

Pinkie Pie.... well. It was a party, though Pinkie Pie's idea of fancy was using the good plates for the cupcakes. Thankfully, it being over the top, but not super fancy seemed to work for Miss Harshwhinny.

When all was said and done Miss Harshwhinny pointed out that while the place was not suitable just yet, by the times the games would be held it could be. The idea that Ponies, Crystal Ponies, Changelings, Diamond Dogs, and a few Griffons were working together to restore the Empire said more for what the games stood for than any number of fancy stadiums.

In the end, with Rarity holding her hair still, Empress Cadence made the announcement from the palace balcony that the Crystal Empire would host the next Equestrian games.

[Buckinghowlite palace, early evening.]

Twilight let out a long sigh and settled back into a plush chair. Big Mac was some where avoiding Shining Armor who was currently hunting for him, and all the other girls were busy. It finally gave Twilight a chance to relax after today's nonsense.

“Hello.”

That only lasted so long.

“Yes?” Twilight sighed turning her head to look over the mare standing nearby.

Twilight regarded her a moment thinking she had seen her some where before. The pegasus mares coat was a coral coloration similar to the Heart Guard's armor. Her long mane was black but streaked with green and seemed to have been braided heavily, the same as her tail. She looked rather similar to Cadence in her body shape though she was much smaller. The cutie-mark was a drama mask pattern with a wreath of green flame around it.

It took Twilight a second before she recognized her.

“What do you want Saturnia?” Twilight asked with a small frown. She really didn't have anything against the mare, she just didn't think she was that bright for wanting Rahs.

“Errr right sorry to bother you but...”

“You want to ask me if it's alright if you try to date Rahs?” Twilight sighed.

“Err yes.”Saturnia blinked.

“Well I have no plans to stop any one from trying, he's a grown dog he can decide this sort of thing for himself.” Twilight sighed. “That said... If you try anything funny, or are looking to take advantage of him... it will not be words we will be having. Understand?”

Saturnia flinched. “ Perfectly, father.., I mean Cadence, said I could as well... evidently she and Princess Luna are watching over this.”

“Of course they are.” Twilight sighed before her ears perked up and she squinted her eyes at the changeling.” Wait, what were you saying? Did you just call Cadence father?”

“Errr..... maybe?”

“Explain.” Twilight stated flatly.

“Well when a mommy alicorn and a mommy changeling decide to get their freak on, and the mommy alicorn decides to get a little more freaky and cast a spell to grow some parts that normally are only on stallions ….” Saturnia began before Twilight cut her off.

“I really did not need to know that.” Twilight shuddered.

“How do you think I feel? I was twelve when I first asked who my sire was.” Saturnia sighed.

“Your mother is decidedly something else.” Twilight grumbled.

“You have no idea. You've only known her for a couple of months, I've been dealing with her for forty three years....”

“You're forty three? Twilight blinks.

“Child of a goddess. Age is barely a number, and most of that has been in hiding from Princess Celestia any way.” Saturnia explained.

“Fair enough.” Twilight shrugged. “ So why are you trying to date your uncle any way?”

“My what?”

“Rahs. With Shining married to you father..... I have no clue how I'm going to process that, Rahs is your uncle.” Twilight offered.

Saturnia's eyes widened at that and her ears drooped. Twilight blinked recognizing the signs of a melt down, she could practically hear the internal screaming. She found it rather odd to see this sort of thing from this side, and found it even stranger that she seemed to have caused it.

“By the stars our grubs would be hideously deformed freaks!”

“They would be any way... have you seen my brother?” Twilight snarks.

“Of course.... I met Twilight Velvet last week when she came to visit and she brought the photo album, he was adorable when he was little...”Saturnia cooed

“Oh shards.... Does mom carry that thing around with her now?” Twilight face hoofed.

“But he's my uncle.......?” Saturnia whined.

“Oh relax it's not by blood even if you some how wound up being Shining's foal.... shards I don't want to think about that either. Look if you want to go after that idiot and Cadence gave it the green light that means there must be some demented sort of love there, so feel free. “ Twilight ranted. “That said I would very much prefer if we did not have another brawl like what happened last time out of Ponyville.”

“That was mostly Trixie's fault.” Saturnia pointed out.

“Don't care.”

“Errr right... okay..”

“And stop screwing with the mail!” Twilight ordered causing Saturnia to flinch.

“Why would....”

“Spike already found out Bees is a changeling and we've been missing mail since he started work at the post office. Even Rahs could put two and two together eventually. Also Ditzy the mail mare has noticed and given she's dating the Captain of the Ponyville Guard do you really want an investigation?”

Saturnia swallowed.”Right. I'm.... gonna go now....”

“I suppose I will see you around since you live in Ponyville. Oh also, Pinkie Pie.”Twilight smiled.

“Pinkie Pie?” Saturnia questioned.

“Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees?” Pinkie Pie asked suddenly standing next to Saturnia. The changeling mare yelped and lept to the side falling over the coffee table there.

“Saturnia, this is Pinkie Pie. Pinkie Pie, this is the mare who's been avoiding you for the last year who lives in Ponyville.

Pinkie Pie let out a loud startled gasp.

“Oh my gosh , I've got to do your welcome to Ponyville party and then your congratulations on hiding from me for a year and a happy birthday party cause I missed at least one, oh but what if I missed two, I better throw another party to be sure...” Pinkie Pie grabbed Saturnia as she was trying to slink out the door hugging her in a death grip.

“You are an evil mare.” Saturnia dead panned staring at the grinning Twilight.

“I can't play the scary older sister to Spike, as I like Applebloom and Big Mac won't let me, Nor can I do that to Shining as Cadence is one of my first friends. “ Twilight grinned wider.” Any one after Rahs however is fair game.”

“We need to start planning these parties STAT. No ones been able to beat me in hide and seek for this long. OOHH we can have a hide and seek champion party.” Pinkie Pie squeed dragging the flailing pegasus mare off.

Twilight relaxed again with a small smirk. She had nothing against any of the girls after Rahs, but if she could keep the town property values from tanking any more she'd probably get a medal from the mayor.

“Sounds like you're having fun.” a deep voice offered as the heavy thud of hooves as Big Mac slipped into the room.

“Eeyup.” Twilight grinned wider as Mac Chuckled.

“I see you lost my brother.” Twilight giggled.

“One ah mai cousins is a Heart Guard here. Got her tah send him on a wild goose chase.” Big Mac smiled.

“Next time just ask and I should be able to teleport you out of his reach. “ Twilight smiled. “Thanks for putting up with me today. I figure I was close to blowing it a few times when Chrysalis got under my skin.”

“Eeyup...”

“You're not supposed to agree with me like that.” Twilight laughed as Big Mac leaned over the back of the couch nuzzling her neck. “Least we finally have a moment alone.....”

Twilight go an odd expression on her face.

“Of course I had to ruin it some how.” Twilight sighed as a swirl of green flame formed over her horn dropping a scrap of paper that had a drawing of Rainbow Dash done in crayon on one side of it.

“ Crap.” Twilight grumbled looking at the tattered image before picking it up and reading the other side. Her eyes went wide and she launched herself off the couch.

“CADENCE, WE'RE COMMANDEERING THE TRAIN!!!” Twilight roared rushing out of the room. Big Mac picked up the paper reading it before he galloped out of the room after Twilight.

The paper drifted back down to the floor showing a hastily claw written note on the back from Spike.

'Timber wolves attacked again. Princesses called. Rahs in pursuit. They got Applejack.'

PreviousChapters Next