• Published 4th Jul 2019
  • 4,232 Views, 414 Comments

Dragonball MLP: Buu's Calamity! - ultrapoknee



An evil wizard named Babidi unleashes a terrifying monster bent on universal destruction!

  • ...
12
 414
 4,232

PreviousChapters Next
episode 48: Mild Indigestion!

(Another New Intro)


Scootaloo finds herself floating aimlessly in a void of darkness. She cracks her eye open to see her friends Applebloom and Sweetie Belle alongside her. She peeks further to see Spike, her fellow student, in front. Then, the juniors came into view, all of them in a state of unconsciousness as they floated further down. Deep in the void, a giant pair of black and red eyes watch the group before admitting a sinister laugh. We zoom away from Cozy Glow's maniacal laughter as Equestria defenders lay defeated. Buu stands to her right, licking the icing of a cake off his face. Amidst the flames, a figure surveys the scene from afar. We pan upward to see Gera taking notes before adjusting her glasses, producing a flash.

The flash reflects off of fat Buu's broad grin as he battles a Super Saiyan three Goku. As Buu commits to a wide punch, Goku flickers away. Enraged, Buu shoots smoke from his holes, enveloping his body. Super Buu cuts through the smoke as he faces the fusions in the time chamber. Scootaloo and the others unleash a volley of Ki attacks that keeps Super Buu at bay. Gohan appears behind Buu with a fully charged Kamehame ha and fires, blowing Super Buu to pieces. However, the chunks of pink flesh attach themselves to our heroes—Buu reforms with an orange Gi as his power surges.

The Majin, with Gohan absorbed, catches the punch while blocking a kick from Vegeta. Before dodging a kick by Goku. Chrysalis fires a beam of magic, but Buu throws Vegeta into it before kneeing Goku in the stomach and slamming him toward the ground. Buu smiles down at Chrysalis before firing a large blast. Chrysalis's eyes widen in shock as Ocellus teleports in front of the attack, instantly incinerating her. Chrysalis falls to her knees in sorrow. However, Ocellus' particles turn into energy that seeps into Chrysalis' being. At the same time, Goku recovers and tosses another, earning two Vegeta. The Saiyan prince reluctantly accepts and places it on his right ear. Super Buu watches as two pillars of light shoot into the sky as he growls. And two new figures, shrouded by the light, step forward to face him.


[Earth - Ruined Wasteland - Third Person POV.]


Buu's smiled manically. It was possibly the best feeling he had had since waking up from his cocoon. Here was the strongest opponent the Majin's faced to date, weakened and injured while He remained firm. "I bet you never expected this, did you?"

"..." Vegito said nothing.

"All that talking, all that arrogance, reduced to silence. I told you; this is the result for those that try and test me!" Again, Vegito says nothing. "Well, come on, loudmouth! Did that last attack take away your ability to speak!?"

"Don't worry about it, Mister Buu," Cozy Glow said, flying down to sit on Buu's shoulder. "He knows that he can't win. They threw everything to could at you, and you beat it all. I think it's time we stomp out the rest of their resistance,"

"I couldn't agree more! I'm tired of your stupid faces! Time for you to disappear!!!" Buu hunches over as Cozy moves away. Buu crosses his arms against his body as a pink outline covers his body. The skies retake a pink hue as the ground begins to shake.

"Tch. I guess I'll have to give everything. Hey! Listen!" Vegito suddenly shouted. Everyone turned their attention to the merged Saiyan. "Crank up your powers to the maximum. No matter what happens, do not drop that shield!"

"What are you going to do?" Twilight asks in a strained voice.

"Isn't that obvious?" Vegito holds out his arms and widens his legs, mocking Buu, while his confident smile returns. "I'm going to win!"


Buu snarled at the display and released his built-up energy into a colossal energy dome. The attack barrels at the merge Saiyan with incredible speed, destroying everything in its wake. Vegito, in response, throws his head back and flares his aura again. His power spiked to incalculable levels as his hair grew past his back. Buu instantly recognized the transformation, having seen it from Gotenks and Goku, but something unexpected happened. A dome shrouded with electricity Vegito quickly expanded outward to meet Buu's. At first, the Majin smiles, believing he can overcome Vegito's power. But that smile fades when Vegito's attack destroys Buu's with no contest and envelops the Majin. Pian flooded Buu's senses. Even with his transcendent Kiao-Ken booster, Buu barely survived. Once again, Buu was nothing more than a formless blob. However, he was still conscious enough to notice that his regeneration was taking longer than usual. He also noted how an invisible force was tugging at his frame.

"Wow, you're coming apart at the seams. For all your talk of power, I bet you forgot about this transformation,"

Buu growls as he finally reforms. But, he now sported a more nervous expression as Vegito began to walk towards him. Out of instinct, Buu takes a step back. Unfortunately, the pull he felt earlier remained present and wouldn't allow him to retreat. Over with the rest of our heroes, Vegito's power was also affecting them. Rarity and Fluttershy were barely clinging to consciousness. Rainbow and Applejack felt their bodies profusely sweat as they hugged the group. Pinkie's body wouldn't stop twitching while everyone else struggled to keep footing as they began to float in the air.

"What's going on!?" Ember asks.

"Some serious doozies are happening here!" Pinkie's voice echoed from her constant shaking.

"It's him! He's pulling us toward him!" Hope stated, holding on tightly to Flurry and Obsidian.

"Well, can somepony get him to stop!? Don't let go, you oaf!!!" Blueblood said as he clung to Hercule, who was barely holding on to Dende's hand.

"It's his power. Somehow, Vegito's energy is creating a gravitational pull!" Twilight summarised.

"Great, so if Buu doesn't kill us, this fool will crush us to death!" Chrysalis snides through gritted teeth.

"Mister Buu, help!!!" Cozy said in a panic as she flew toward Vegito.

Buu's aura flared in his hand as he brought Cozy back toward him. Despite this, Buu's body started to gravitate to Vegito more. "Stop! STOP!!!" Buu cried out.

"Oh? What's the matter? Are things not so fun anymore?" Vegito taunted, increasing his stride and his power more.

"Famn you! Do you think you're so great? That's it; no more transformations!"

"You must be kidding. What? are you worried about your little friend? Didn't you attack mine not moments before?" The pull got stronger as Vegito spoke. Buu nearly fell forward as he dug his feet into the Earth.

"No, fight me fair and square! Go back to that other form. There won't be any more involving the others. Just you and me! I won't use the Kiao-Ken anymore if you agree to power down!"

Vegito eyes Buu for a time before heading his request. It was a desperate gambit, but that sparked Vegito's interest, especially since Vegito could handle Buu's antics. "Alright, Buu, let's see if you come up wanting..." Vegito again powers down to a Super Saiyan while Buu continues to egg him on.

"Well, let's get down to it. Come on, Super Vegito. Show me that you're the strongest!" As Vegito stood face to face with Buu, the Majin's expression changed from false confidence to satisfaction.

He tilts his head upwards before a pink substance shoots from the ground behind Vegito. The merged Saiyan was too late to evade appropriately. "Damn it!" He said, managing to summon his aura just as the blob engulfed him.

"Ah-ha-hahaha! Now come to me!!!" At Buu's behest, the blob flew into him as Buu seemingly absorbed Vegito. Buu stood still with a look of total delight when it was all said and done. "Yes. Yes! Haha! I did it! I did it! I did it! No more loudmouth to get in my way!!!"

"That was amazing! You finally got him, Mister Buu! We won!!!" Cozy Glow exclaimed, hugging Buu around the neck. Buu returns the gesture before tearing away his shirt. "Oh, I can't see your new clothes. Blue is a good look for you,"

"Yes, it will be a fine improvement!" Buu rips off the orange Gi his chest in anticipation of the coming change.

"N-No way!" Rainbow said in a whisper.

"S-somepony, please tell me I'm dreaming. T-That didn't just happen, right!?" Ember shakily asks.

"Goku and Vegeta lost..." Fluttershy squeaked.

"No, it's not possible. Vegito was stronger. He is stronger than anyone we ever came across. The amount of power he had proves he could've beaten Buu at any point!" Twilight tries to rationalize.

"Then, why didn't he, darling?" Rarity asks in a panic.

"Isn't it obvious? That fool combined with the most arrogant man I've ever met! It was clear that Vegito was toying with this monster!" Chrysalis stated as she sweated profusely.

"I have noticed that the fused being takes on the more dominant personality of their parts. Vegeta's pride mustn't skew Goku's judgment!" Dende theorized.

"What do we do, Twilight?" Applejack desperately asks.

"I-I don't know...!" Twilight exclaimed, her mane beginning to unravel.

"I'll tell you what we can do; we get flanks back on Equis. Let the creature have this planet! We can't fall here! We're royalty! National heroes! Think about equestrian, Princess Twilight!" Blueblood asserted.

"Hey! We are not giving up Earth. It's home to all my fans! And what about Buu? He's still in there somewhere!" Hercule said.

"Well, you could always surrender," Cozy Glow suddenly said, gaining everyone's attention. "It was fun watching everyone stumble around trying to throw anything you can at Mister Buu. But it's over now! Accept that my friendship with Buu is the ultimate magic, and I m sure Mister Buu will spare you,"

"I would consider it after you return what you stole from me!" Buu said, folding his arms.

"What are you talking about now? We didn't steal anything from you!" Rainbow hollers. "If anything, you stole our friends!!!"

Buu waved that remark off as he elaborated. "I'm about my sweets; the dark chocolate candy bars I made back on the Lookout. I can smell them on you, and I fought hard so that a nice treat will go a long way toward forgiveness,"

"WE'RE NOT GIVING YOU OUR EARTH, FRIENDS!!! SO, YOU CAN TKE YOUR SWEET TOOTH AND STUFF IT!!!" Pinkie ferociously shouted.

"Hey! That's my daughter your talking about, Buu! How can you sit there and say that? That's it! Let me out of this bubble! I'll defeat Majin Buu. Then, you're going to fix my daughter and everyone else on Earth!!!"

Our heroes looked at Hercule as if he had grown a second head. Buu was less than assumed as well. He holds up his hand and flicks his finger back. In an instant, Twilight's shield went down. Everyone became alarmed at the sight. But before they could do anything, Hercule and Blueblood flew from our heroes. The two stumble to the ground right in front of Buu's feet. Both the human and pony slowly looked up to see Buu waving innocently at them, causing the pair to shoot up and hug each other in fright.

"That's better. You know it was hard for me to hear you behind that dome. Good thing I know my way around certain magic," Buu said. "Now that I can hear clearly, did you say you wanted to fight?"

"Perish the thought, Buu. R-Remember our lessons on the elite. We don't sully our hands with pointless drivel. We get someone else to do it. I believe the Earth's champion is a suitable match," Blueblood gestures nervously to Hercule. However, instead of cowering, Hercule rushed Buu instead.

"Don't mind if I do. YEAH!!!" Hercule lands multiple punches to Buu's stomach. "Dynomite Kicks!" He follows up with a series of whirlwind kicks in against Buu's torso and legs. The Majin looks at Cozy in confusion as the filly shrugs. "Booming chops!!!" Hercule connects with a series of chops to Buu's neck that wasn't effective at all. Buu raises his hand and flicks his finger, causing Hercule to tumble backward. Hercule quickly recovers and rushes Buu again. This time, the pink terror swung out his arm and slapped Hercule across the face. Hercule hits the ground face-first before he returns to his feet, albeit much slower. He wipes the blood from his lib and walks up to Buu. Growing irritated by his action, Buu meets Hercule halfway and picks him up by the Gi.

"As funny as this is, what are you hoping to accomplish?" Buu asks. "I could destroy you with a simple flick of a finger,"

"Y-Yeah? Well, what's stopping you?" Hercule smiled.

"Hrk!" Buu's eyes widen as he grunts.

"Well? Come on! What's wrong?! You can't, can you? Like earlier with your fancy light show, you left us alone with your light show because the Buu I know is still in there!"

"O-Of course. I knew you were far more civil. It's the bad influence of that little filly that is making you forget yourself," Blue Blood said.

"A bad influence? Unlike you two and Gera, I stayed with Mister Buu. I accepted all his changes because that's what a real friend does. Mister Buu, you should--"

"Enough!" Buu shouted as he tossed Hercule into Blueblood. The pair fell next to our heroes as Buu charged a blast. A vein appeared on his head as Buu fed more power into his attack. The orb grew over the size of Buu's torso, but Buu struggled to thrust it forward. Flashes of their time together replayed in Buu's head as he grunted in frustration.

"Do it, Mister Buu!" Cozy urged.

"Oh my, I didn't think you'd be capable of this indecision," A new and familiar voice said. One that made Cozy's wings bristle with anger. Buu's Ki recedes as he stares in shock at the person before him. "Hello, again, Cozy. Majin Buu,"

"You!? What are you doing back here!?" Cozy points her finger at Gera.

"Oh. I just came to take your friends off your hands. Toodles," Gera waves as she and our heroes vanish from sight.

For a moment, Cozy lost her composure and screamed to the heavens. Buu, on the other hand, was looking my relieved than frustrated. "Calm down, Cozy,"

"Calm down? Calm down!?!? How can I calm down!? They got away, Mister Buu! All because of that, that witch! I knew she was bad news. She's just another traitor to our friendship!!!"

"Hmm, don't worry too much about, Cozy. They may have run away now, but there's nowhere to escape. The portal to Equis isn't working. So, I can go after them at my leisure,"

Cozy took a calming breath as she spoke. "So, what do we do about them?"

"You worry too much. We have an entire planet full of deserts to focus on now. And dessert is always sweeter after victory,"

"Hmm, I guess Headmare Twilight is not a threat anymore. And you deserve a break, so let's do it," Cozy took her place back on Buu's shoulder as the two flew toward the nearest city.


[Unknown Laboratory.]


Our heroes reappeared in a strange vicinity. Getting their bearings, everyone noted the odd machinery with bulbs at the top. A tube filled with luminescence green fluid was on the far side of the room. While on the other were large unmarked capsule containers. A terminal of buttons and flashing screens caught Pinkie's attention as she extended a finger to press one. "Please reframe from teaching anything. Those instruments are in a delicate state right now as part of an ongoing project,"

"You!" Ember spat as she took several threatening steps toward Gera, who turned her back to our heroes. "You stole our eggs! I can still smell their scent on you!"

"Hmm? Oh, yes, that avenue of study proved fruitless. Draconic genes could not mesh well with the others. Don't worry; the eggs were left unchanged,"

Ember felt her anger flare at Gera's dismissive attitude. She charged forward, only for a panel to open and a gun to pop out. It fired a bolt of electricity connected with the Dragonlord, disabling her body as she fell to the ground. "Honestly, you think I brought you here for a fight? This laboratory is a place of science, not barbarism. So, try and be on your best behavior,"

"You're one to talk! You've been helping all the bad guys ruin everything!" Rainbow accused.

"I align with those that can further my research. And, if we are being technical, I never raised a hand against anyone here,"

"Then, why did you bring us here? Are you looking to come to our side now that you realize Buu's a monster?" Twilight asks.

"I wouldn't say monster, but more fascinating. Buu's physiology is superb. Mere hours before, he was little more than a child. But, now, he speaks perfectly, thanks to his absorption. It makes you wonder what kind of personality shifts if he absorbs a serial killer. A being capable of separating their emotional spectrum into another embodiment, adding to their genetic make-up, and nigh-invulnerable regeneration? You could write entire lectures on Buu," Gera swoons before sighing. "Sadly, despite his changes, Majin Buu still seems impuissant to manipulation. Perhaps it is due to his earlier state imprinting on that annoying filly. It won't last, given Buu's apparent impulsiveness and consistent patterns of extreme mood shifts. Staying near such a volatile creature was proving detrimental for health and study,"

"While Buu might seem like a thrilling icebreaker topic, it doesn't change that we have no means of stopping now!" Rarity reminded.

"Hmm, I would've thought you all would've noticed by now,"

"Notice what?" Fluttershy asks.

Gera goes over to the terminal and presses a button. It activates a screen that displays Buu and Cozy in a city with Buu devouring sweets. "Hey! You've been spying this whole time! And I thought Pinkie was a messy eater," Rainbow said.

"I know. Buu could come to join the next iron stomach competition. Wait, no, he might threaten my reign! Nobody tells him!" Pinkie exclaimed.

Gera arches a brow before continuing. "I will elaborate since none of you was paying attention. From what l gathered from observing Buu's absorption technique, the process is instantaneous the moment the victim makes contact with his body. Buu undergoes a metamorphosis and gains their abilities. Yet, it's been a few minutes with no signs of Vegito's traits manifesting,"

"Are you trying to say that Vegito is still alive!?" Twilight asks.

"That's impossible! None of us can sense his energy!" Chrysalis said.

"My instruments can detect far more than the average sapient lifeforms. And, there's been some unusual activity within Majin Buu himself. My educated guess is that Vegito allowed the absorption to happen,"

"He must be trying to save our friends! That's why he didn't destroy Buu outright!" Twilight concluded.

"Does that mean Mom and Mister Piccolo will be okay?" Flurry Heart asks.

"I believe so, Flurry,"

"That still doesn't mean we should trust you!" Ember hissed, having recovered from the shock.

"Disappointing, but not unexpected. But unless you would rather face Buu right now, I suggest we try and tolerate each other," Gera dismissed.

Our heroes became more relaxed at the news but kept a wary eye on Gera. Chrysalis, however, kept her eyes on Buu as she sat down. She had written off Ocellus the moment she was absorbed. That, and she did not trust Gera. The human has proven herself an expert liar. Being an empath, Chrysalis knew how to spot liars. But Gera knows how to mix truth in her words to make herself sound appealing. It irked the queen how similar she could be to the changelings of old. But, if even half of what Gera said was true, the risk she was about to take was worth it. Changelings always remain connected to the hive mind. This fact is absolute unless a ling dies or if a changeling purposely disconnects itself from it. The latter of which Chrysalis did when her brood betrayed her for the ponies and their cosmic changes. But, if Ocellus was alive, she could find her in the hivemind. Chrysalis took a deep breath before closing her eyes. When she opened them again, her pupils glowed green while she entered a trance-like state.


[Meanwhile - Inside Buu.]

Vegito stepped on the juicy ground; he found himself in a cavern of flesh. "Well, this experience will make for a desert dinner table tale. I'm glad my barrier held out, but I am nowhere near the others. At least I can confirm they're from their Ki signatures. I better start moving..." Vegito drops his barrier as he starts his trek before he pauses. His entire body began to tingle. The merged Saiyan felt an odd sensation shooting up his spine. Soon, it felt as if something was pulling at his arms until a flash of light filled his vision.

Moments later, Goku and Vegeta forcing stumbled from where Vegito once stood. The two Saiyans gawked at each other as Goku spoke. "Huh? What happened? The fusion ended? I thought it was permanent!"

"Well, fate has smiled upon us, even in this bizarre circumstance..." Vegeta took the Potara earring from his ear and crushed it in his hand.

"Ah! What'd you go and do that for, Vegeta? We could've used them later!" Goku gasped.

"As if I'd ever resort to joining bodies with you again. That was a fate I firmly deny. I'd rather die!"

"But, Vegeta, you're already dead!"

The Saiyan prince stiffens at this point before he growls. "Shut up! Let's hurry and find the boys! Then, we can deal with Buu!"

"Man, this is wild! To think we're actually inside of Buu!"

The two Saiyan warriors began walking. With their current size, Buu's innards seem to stretch on forever. The area was a jungle of flesh, veins, and arteries. They were sliding down a mound of flesh when Goku spies a green river. Various sweets, such as cakes, chocolates, and cookies, were floating within it. "Does this guy eat anything other than sweets? No wonder he was a fat blob before,"

"Yeah, it's amazing Buu never crashes from a sugar rush. He must have crazy metabolism," Just then, a rumble went off. "Vegeta, do you feel that? Something's coming this way!"

"I don't think Buu found us, but we can't leave anything to chance," Another rumble went off that was accompanied by a growl. The two Saiyans looked toward a dark pathway before a giant serpentine creature slithers from the darkness. "Ah! He has worms!!!"

"Wow! He's a big one!"

The enormous worm spied its potential meal and lunges at Goku and Vegeta. However, the attack was easily avoidable as the duo landed a kick to the side. The worm went down. However, another growl caught their attention. A second worm came out as well. But, instead of attacking, it let out a cry using an adolescent voice for its fallen companion. "Waah! You jerks! Look what you did to my brother!"

"I-It can talk!?" Goku exclaimed.

Vegeta doubles over as he holds his mouth, finding this revelation disgusting. "Urgh! Kakarot, I think I am going to be sick!" Vegeta gagged.

"Daddy! Uncle D. These guys hurt my brother!"

More tremors went off as Goku and Vegeta lost their footing. "Geez, if these worms are this big, I hate to see their dad!"

"No! No way! I refuse to engage with any more disgusting, slimy--"

The appearance of the fathering worm cut Vegeta's rant short. The father towered over his two sons as he glared down at the two Saiyans. "Yep, that is the papa. Ah-haha..." Goku chuckles nervously.



"Enough of this! Let's blast them!" Vegeta snarled.

"Hey, we don't want to do that. We might alert Buu!"

Vegeta ignores Goku's warning and fires anyway. However, the worm surprises the two as it eats the Ki blasts with no effort. "What the heck!?"

"See, daddy. These two are mean!"

"Teach them a lesson, dad!"

The father continues to glare down at the Saiyans before smacking his sons against the head. "You two smart alecks! Do you know what you were dealing with at all? These two could've destroyed you! What did I say about leaving the pack!?"

"B-but, dad,"

No, buts! Discord, what do you have to say about this?"

"What? Discord?" Goku said.

Sure enough, the spirit of chaos comes over the father's head, surveying the scene. His eyes widen when he sees two familiar faces. "Oh, my! It's about time a recuse team came to get me!" Discord addresses the worms. "Oh, don't worry about these two. They're good acquaintances of my dear friend Fluttershy. She must've sent them. Bless her heart,"

"Hold on! How are you alive?! We saw Buu eat you!!!" Goku said.

"Oh, that's a funny story. I was able to turn myself back to normal. But not before our pink glutton swallowed me. Me!? Can you believe it? The nerve! I would've to escape, but my magic is kaput," Discord snaps his fingers as an example, only for a spark to come out. "There's some strange field of order within this wacky jumbled entity that's disabling my magic. I've been wandering around in this digestive tract ever since. It's been the worst vacation spot. But, the locals make up for it,"

"That's great?"

"Of course, you would feel at home with the worms," Vegeta spat in disgust.

"Yeah, now how are we getting out of here?" Discord asks.

"We're not! At least, not until we Trunks and the others. But we're stuck in this damn place at the moment! And I doubt we want to go out the back door," Vegeta shudders.

"Oh, you need to go to the brain!" One of the adolescent worms said.

"Yeah, there's an opening in the ceiling that leads to the higher functions," The father worm said. "Be careful, though. There's a wall of flesh that opens and closes,"

"Uh, thanks," Goku said. Goku felt a weight on his back as he turns to see Discord piggybacking him.

"What? I told you my powers are on the fritz. I can't exactly fly. And you're my rescue team, remember?"

Before Goku could protest, another tremor shook the area. "Oh, no! It's potty!!!" The father worm exclaims as his sons panic.

"Potty time?" Goku asks in confusion.

"Kakarot! Jump!!!" Vegeta shouted while leaping into the air.

Goku follows suit as a tidal wave of yellow liquid sweeps away the worms down a canal. "It was nice meeting you. I'll be sure to visit the family barbeque," Discord said, waving the worms off.

"Let's leave this revolting place already!" Vegeta said.

The trio quickly left the stomach cavern and found themselves in a new area. This time, the flesh wrapped around like branches on a tree while everything was in a purple-ish hue. Our heroes landed as Discord took in the scenery. "Yeesh, I must say that Buu isn't much of an interior decorator. Regardless, I am so glad we have an adventure of our own. I read the first story, and I've been kicking myself for months for missing out!"

"Will you quit acting like an idiot? We're in the middle of enemy territory, and you're treating it like a comedy act!" Vegeta shouted.

"I forgot how much of a sour puss this is all the time," Discord whispered loudly.

"You get used to him. Hmm?" Goku noticed someone out of the corner of his eye. "Hey, is that Celestia? Yeah, yeah, it is! Hiya, Princess!"

Sure enough, the sun princess was standing off in the distance. Discord saw her and made his way to the solar Princess. "Cellie! It's good to see you. I guess you joined the party here as well? Here's a piece of advance, don't try the food. It's a little digestive,"

"..." Celestia said nothing. Instead, she lifts her hand and gathers her magic.

A burst of solar magic shot forth and nearly decapitated the draconequus had Discord not ducked in time. "Yeep! Geez, Sun butt, you usually try to act civil around me!" Instead of responding, Celestia summons her trident and thrust at Discord, who begins dodging and weaving. "I think I am missing the point your trying to make here!!!"

"Whoa, Celestia, what are you doing?" Goku exclaimed.

"Honestly, I can't blame her-- Huh?" Vegeta said as he noticed Trunks and Goten emerge from the shadows. "Trunks? So, you boys are alright? Good, let's work on finding a way out of here,"

However, the two boys remained rooted in place as they held their arms mirroring each other. "Fuu-Sion. HA!" Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks appeared in a bright flash before a shocked Vegeta. They took an aggressive stance and began attacking their father with a barrage of punches and kicks.

"Hey! What do you two think you're doing?"

"What the-- Gotenks! Stop!" Goku tried running over but stopped when two attacks detonated from him. He looks up to see Princess Luna and Gohan lowering down to him. A deep frown is etched on their faces as Luna summons her scythe. "Whoa! What's wrong with all of you!?"

"Yeah, usually Cellie here would go on her big 'You're a threat to all things harmony!" speech. But she's giving the cold shoulder," Discord said, leaping away from another blast of magic. Discord conjured a bat and clashed with Celestia's trident using the little chaos magic he could. The two broke apart as Celestia went for another attack, but Discord knocked it back at her, causing her to explode on impact. Everyone stopped their battles to look on in shock. "...Oops..."

"Oh no!" Goku shouted. He was busy blocking Gohan's punch while holding onto Luna's weapons.

"You idiot!" Vegeta scolded, kicking back Gotenks.

"That was self-defense! You two are my witnesses! You saw! She came at me like a made mare! She--" Before Discord could finish, Celestia reforms from pink smoke. "Perfectly fine? Whew, that's a relief. I guess they're some memory sentries or something,"

"So, what? These guys aren't real?" Goku said, dodging a slash from Luna while swatting away a blast from Gohan. He looks down at his Gi to see a hole where Luna struck. "They certainly feel real!"

"Maybe Buu does know we're here. If that is the case, then we shouldn't hold back anymore-- HA!!!" Vegeta instantly transforms into a Super Saiyan. Goku sighed and followed suit. In response, more apparitions of their friends showed up. All the juniors in their fused forms. Piccolo, Sombra, Spike, and Blooming Essence. Each clone began charging the original's signature as our heroes stood back to back.

"Oh! Who knew Saiyans come with a glow-in-the-dark feature," Discord said with a pair of sunglasses.

"Is everything a joke to you!?" Vegeta barked.

"You're right! It's time to get serious. In case we don't make it out of this, I must confess that I've always loved--"

"You finish that sentence, and I'll end you myself!!!"

Suddenly, Gohan morphed into a cake with Gohan's hair on top."Ah! He's cake!" He blinks as Luna turns into chocolate chip cookies.

"Toast, Kakrot, he's toast!" Vegeta corrected before each fusion turned into a box of chocolates. "Huh?"

"Oh! I love banana swirl smoothies!" Discord said as his opponents morphed into his favorite drink. Soon, only pastries surrounded our heroes. "And people say I have a short attention span,"

"Well, at least we're free to move on now," Goku said.

"The sooner we leave, the better!" Vegeta grumbles in annoyance.


[Chrysalis POV.]


Typically, entering the hivemind is a smooth process. Think of it like standing in a creek and letting the water calmly run past you. Any changeling would instantly feel the welcoming voices of the others. Now? It felt as if I was hitting several brick walls. The presence of the other changelings felt distant, overshadowed by one commanding voice. It screamed, howled, and laughed. It was almost unbearable until I heard a subtle whisper. Focusing on that, I felt more resistance but broke through the last wall. Imagine my surprise when my corporal form manifested. I found myself surrounded by walls of flesh and brain stems.



As I started to walk, the voice got louder and more apparent. I knew it was the nymph, so I quickened my pace. However, nothing could prepare me for what I found. There was a being of some unidentified race inside a pod. It wasn't like any of mine or even a cacoon. Both capture methods would have the prey covered in moss or floating in preservation fluids. The head and face were left open here while spongy flesh surrounded everything. I found this method disgusting, even more so since whoever this poor sap was, they're long dead now. The corpse was nothing but a dried-up husk missing its eyes and mummified. Strangely, the hair was left untouched. It was a deep red and spiky, like one of those Saiyans. Except, I knew it wasn't them. This creature was closer to that imp that led us into that damn ship from that ugly wizard. Moving past this pod, I found several more. I did know these faces since it was the brats and the princesses. All of them jumbled together in a fine mess of pods. The placement had no imagination. It was all lined up in different rows. Honestly, he didn't even separate the royals from the commoners.



I spotted Ocellus between Cadence and Celestia. Before I went to her, I wanted to test something. "Well, well, well. Isn't this familiar, Princess? You're all strung up again - captured - like the weakling you are. I am beginning to think you like to have your freedom stripped away," I turned to Cadence next. "But, seeing you like this is a delight, Cadence. You stepped up from a crystal cavern to a flesh sack. Although, being the Princess of love and all, I bet you're used to meat surrounding you like this. Hahaha!"

"..."

"..."

"Okay, this is boring. What's the point of throwing barbs if you're not awake to suffer them?" I blew on my knuckle as I raised my hand. "Let's change that~,"

*SMACK*

My hand guided Celestia's pretty little face. The feel of her cheeks molding against my hand was a treat. But, it did nothing to rouse her from this state. "Hmm? Perhaps a little harder,"

*SMACK*

This time, I put some strength behind my backhand. There was a satisfying red mark from the aftermath, but the solar wrench remained asleep. "Alright, maybe your niece will be a bit more receptive," I walked over to Cadence, the mare who ruined my perfect day. The same self-proclaimed alicorn of love, using the very thing we true changelings feed off of to live to defeat me. "I must confess, Cadence..." I caressed her face as magic built in my hand. "While I utterly despise you, you have good taste in stallions. And, since you deprived me of the best resource from a loving vessel I've had in centuries, I might enjoy this act far more than I should,"

*SMACK*
*SMACK*
*SMACK*
*SMACK*

I stepped back as I shook the magic off my hand. Like Celestia, Cadence did not wake from my love taps. "Wow. I will admit, Cadence. You're sturdier than I gave her credit. All that for a drop of blood from your lips. Is the Princess of love used to this sort of treatment? Does your Shinning Armor like to get a little rough? Maybe, I should utilize my Ki instead?"

I was about to do that when I looked back at the nymph. For some reason, even while asleep, I could see the disappointment in the nymph's features. I sighed and put my hand down. I suppose I should quit playing and save everyone. My gaze drifted to the lunar Princess, and I couldn't help myself. "You know, little Luna, I have no qualms with you. I missed you at the wedding. And I love your work as Nightmare Moon. It is truly inspiring to know that not all you ponies are weak little saps, even if you failed spectacularly. Twice. But fair is fair! I can't very well play favorites,"

*SMACK-SMACK*

Unlike the other two, Princess Luna's face was far from soft. I felt the sting in my hand more than she probably did. Who knew? But, after enough playing, I moved back to the nymphs' pod. She was peaceful despite the circumstances. And, while I hate what her metamorphosis represents, it is not an unpleasant change. I placed my horn on hers to strengthen the hivemind connection. Hopefully, it will break whatever trance she is under right now. Her horn glowed with mine, and my gambit worked. Ocellus began to stir as she blinked while looking around. Her eyes landed on me, and joy and relief poured out of her.

"Queen Chrysalis? Where are we?"

"Inside that pink monster. I used the hivemind to connect with you,"

"But, you're visible on the outside,"

"Yes, this creature is far more complex than I thought. It doesn't matter. We need to get you out of here. Can you move?"

Ocellus struggled a bit, but whatever this substance was, it did not move. Ocellus stops while looking in defeat. "...I'm sorry. I failed to stop Buu. And, you had to come and rescue us..."

"Hush, little nymph, you performed admirably. I dare say that even my elite drones of old could not match you in strength and loyalty,"

"Loyalty?"

"You still see me as your queen. Therefore, I must look after my subject," Another wave of emotion poured from the nymph. It was an emotion I was familiar with, but I always took it without consent. I groaned as I looked at the child, who smiled back at me. "Urgh! Let's free you from these bonds. And, quit your smiling..." A quick shot of magic at the attachments made the pod topple. After that, I cut the sack and freed Ocellus, who embraced me in a hug. The emotion was rich in flavor. Too rich, as I pushed her away. Hurt flashed across her features as I quickly turned away. "...There will be time for that later. Help me free the other meat sacks,"

"Before that, do you still have the gift I gave you? Did you open it?"

Recalling that bottle, I nodded. "Yes, it's still on my person. I haven't had time to open it with everything that's been happening,"

I felt the nymph grab my arm as desperation pours from her. "Please! You have to open it! It's not just from me, but all the lings back home. I meant it when I said that we never stopped caring for you! It's all our love. And it will give you the strength to stop Buu!"

I stumbled back from the determination radiating off of the nymph. I dared not doubt as it felt as though every drone suddenly appeared. "I..."

"Look! There are some more sentries!"

A familiar presence spoke out while I groaned. Looking at the source, I was mildly surprised when I saw the two Saiyan separate again. And, of course, that damned fool Discord was among them. I had hoped Buu had digested him. So much for miracles. "It's about time you idiots showed up. Now you free the others!"

"Hey, she's right! Here is everyone! Wait, you can talk?" Goku said.

"Of course I can, you dullard. Has being inside this monster melted what little brain cells you had left?"

"Now, now, Chrysi. Play nice. We've been having a merry old time getting here. Buu has some wonderful surprises for us,"

"Tch. Why am I not surprised..."

"What happened to Sunbutt here?" Discord said, motioning to the slap marks.

"The absorption must've been rough on the soft pony hides," I deflected.

"Yes, on Cadence and Celestia specifically. I bet it has nothing to do with your previous defeats. If I am not mistaken,"

"Which your tone, chimera! Else I finish what Buu started and reduce you to a pile of---"

"Hey, Vegeta! Could you give me a hand?" Goku said, cutting me off.

"Argh! How disgusting!" Vegeta said.

"Yeah, we dodged a bullet when we put up that barrier. By the way, Chrysalis, how were things outside? And how are you here with us."

"It's about as good as it can get with impending death looming over us. That woman from before brought us to her lab, and we allied. As for my being here, I used the hivemind," I said.

"Um, hivemind what?"

"Think of it as having a way to make a booty call with every member of your kind, but inside your head. I don't know how you can stand to have others picking away at your thoughts and intimate moments,' Discord teased.

I groaned at the vapid idiocy. "Quit the idle chatter and finish pulling these pods. We need to start making our escape!" Vegeta stated.

"Hey, look!" Ocellus said as the last pod came down. She gestured to one pod left. "It's Buu how he was when we first fought,"

"YOu mean that fat blob?" Vegeta asks.

"That's weird. I thought the two just fused back together. What happens if we pull this pod free?" Goku asked.

"I have a better question..." All at once, I felt the color drain from us as we turned to the source of the new voice. Majin Buu sprouted from the fleshy ground in that lanky form before all the absorptions. "Why haven't you two been absorbed? And...!" His face contorted as a deep, debilitating rage coursed through him. "HOW DARE YOU ALL MESS WITH MY PODS!?!?"

PreviousChapters Next