• Published 4th Jul 2019
  • 4,227 Views, 414 Comments

Dragonball MLP: Buu's Calamity! - ultrapoknee



An evil wizard named Babidi unleashes a terrifying monster bent on universal destruction!

  • ...
12
 414
 4,227

PreviousChapters Next
episode 25: Prelude to Majin!

[Intro.]

High over the horizon, a long, serpentine-like dragon, Shenron, soars through the skies. Upon his head were the likes of Gohan, Goten, and Trunks enjoying the ride. Moments later, a portal opens. Flying past the dragon, Vegeta and Piccolo enter the portal first as the trio looks on in awe. Shenron lets out a roar as he follows the two through it. The scenery quickly changes from Earth to Equis.

Celestia enjoyed a cup of tea on her balcony with her sister Luna as Shenron exits the portal in the background. Fluttershy was busy tending to the animals in her sanctuary as Angel bunny frantically points to the dragon above. The yellow pegasus looks up and gasps at the sight. Over in Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack hauling in her product before a large gust of wind from Shenron's passing blows her hat off. The farm mare puts down her produce and gives chase. In Ponyville, Pinkie gasps as she hovers in the air while Shenron passes. A moment later, the party mare disappears, leaving behind an outline of smoke. Rarity is struggling on a new line at the carousel boutique, featuring the combat Gi's Spike and Scootaloo wore before Shenron passes by her window. A look of inspiration hit the fashion mare as she quickly stretches something out before running outside. Rainbow Dash was resting on a cloud when she spotted Shenron in the skies. Looking at their destination, Rainbow shot off her perch with her signature sonic rain-boom. The trios of Saiyans leap off the great dragon while landing in front of the castle. There, Twilight is standing at the entrance, waving them over. The rest of the elements of harmony, Piccolo and Vegeta, were there to greet them.

Elsewhere, Dragonlord Ember was walking through a hellish landscape. The silhouette of a massive dragon was reaching toward her. She closes her eyes, only to open them again as Spike looks at her with concern. In a coliseum filled with cheering spectators, Scootaloo walks in with the EAT belt around her waist. Her opponent was a man in a brown and white Gi that sported an afro. She shoots her opponent a confident grin as the two charge one another. A second later, Scootaloo sends her rival out of bounds as two announcers - one blond human and Earth pony of similar features - declare her the winner. High above the castle of friendship, the Great Saiyaman floats above the structure as the sun rises. He smirks as he flies off into the rising sun.

The sunsets as the moon rising over a statue of Goku. Spike and Scootaloo stood there wearing somber expressions at the loss of their beloved mentor. However, the transparent image of Goku puts a reassuring hand on Scootaloo's and Spike's shoulders. They turn around in shock at his appearance. He smiles at his pupils before he fades away, with the two of them chasing after him. They don't get far as several figures cloaked in shadows appear before them. Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Trunks, and Goten land beside them as they all take combat stances. There was a staredown between the two factions before they collide in an explosion of light. Finally, the ponies and dragons stand next to the Z fighters in front of the School of Friendship. Goku lands between his wife while draping his arm over Gohan's shoulder. They both share wide grins for their friends and family.


[Babidi's Ship - Level 3 - Third Person POV.]


Spike falls into the room with a heavy thud as he marches toward the center of the room. He cracks his knuckles while smirking at the door. "Alright, give me something good!"

Gohan walks up to his left while Ember takes his right. "I hope whoever next is worth the wait,"

"Yeah, it will be great to see how strong you got while I was gone," Goku said, sitting on the floor.

" I wonder if you can handle it?" Spike asks.

"What do you mean?"

Spike shakes his head as he shrugs. "I mean, you were stronger as a kid is all I am saying,"

"Hey! Gohan hasn't lost a step!" Scootaloo stated.

"Really?" Vegeta asks with a smirk. "Looking at the boy now, it obvious to tell he's been neglecting his training. Too busy with books and kissing up the equine females,"

"Hey!" Scootaloo shouted, blushing up a storm.

"Or perhaps you've been sneaking in training sessions at P.E?"

Gohan rubs the back of his head nervously. "Uh, yeah, something like that..."

"From the performance he displayed, I was expecting him to defeat much sooner than he did. Perhaps his struggle because of the concern of his loved ones being present," Gera stated.

As Scootaloo berated Gera again, Supreme Kai looks at his group in astonishment. 'It's almost unfathomable. How could we miss such individuals? They are treating the most fear monsters in the universe like they are jokes. Scootaloo is far stronger than an equine should be, yet she handled two fighters enhanced by Babidi's magic with ease. And while the dragon is boastful, I have the inclination that Spike can back them up. Then there are these Saiyans; why are they so calm about everything? Are there still greater depths to their power than what Gohan displayed at the tournament? As a matter of fact, I could barely contain him when he transformed. But I dismissed it. Perhaps I should count my fortune that Babidi hadn't calm any of these warriors,'

The sound of a door hissing drew everyone's attention. A small fog entered the room as the new warrior steps inside. Everyone's expression hardens at who stood before them. With a sinister smirk, Dabura spoke. "The fact that you have defeated Yakon and made it to the third stage is commendable despite it being unexpected,"

"It can't be!!!" Supreme exclaimed.

"Good to see you again, Lord Dabura," Gera said with a small bow.

"I have to say that this little plan of yours has yet to bear any fruit. So far, it has cost us precious resources,"

"I wouldn't say that. Were Spoiled and Rotten useful? And since Yakon and Pui-Pui failed, are they not worthless as well? I believe they are an acceptable loss in the grand scheme of things. Besides, you are here now,"

"Oh yes, it would seem that Babid must be getting desperate if he sent his very best solder out now," Crystal said in an amused tone.

Dabura scoffs but ignored Crystal's comment. "Return with the master now. He will decide if keeping you is still beneficial to our cause. I will salvage this mess,"

Gera gave another bow as she walks to the door. She turned back around and smiled at our heroes. "It has been my pleasure being you hostess for the evening,"

"Hey, hold on, where's Cozy Glow!?" Scootaloo demanded, but Gera ignores her as the door closes.

"The child is with Master Babidi right now, but she is far from where your concerns should be at the moment," Dabura answers.

"The only I'm concerned about is ripping you to pieces," Spike growled.

"Aw, such ferocity, I'd expect nothing less from a savage beast. So, wants the honor of dying first?"

"Ember, get back!"

"Wha-- I'm not waiting on the sidelines!" Ember protested. However, Spike sent her a sideways glance that made her flinch. She didn't know why his irises had changed from green to scarlet. But, it was primal and somewhat familiar. Regardless, Ember backed off.

"It's for the best, Ember. This guy is no pushover. Well, come on, change the location. We don't want to fight in a sardine can," Gohan said.

"Arrogance against the demon king is ill-advised, but I will humor you. Master, let's give them home-field advantage. Take us to Earth," The landscape quickly shifts to a rocky terrain where a large spire of stone pillars decorated the area. Dabura holds out his arms as he gestures to the land. "What do you think? A familiar setting for your graves,"

Spike flexed his claws as he leveled them toward Dabura. "I'll be sure to crave something on your tombstone..." With a snarl, Spike threw his arms outward while creating a shockwave of emerald blades. Dabura leaps out of the way as Spike's attack shreds the landscape and the pillars around them. Dabura decides to mimic the dark and sends two shockwaves of his own. Gohan jumps towards the demon king while Spike rolls to safety. The drake recovers to see Gohan and Dabura in a furious exchange of blows. Opening his maw, Spike spews fire at them both. Gohan kicks Dabura away as he dodges the flames.

"Ah. Hey, tone down to pyrotechnics! I'm still out here!" Gohan shouted.

"Then you better move faster!!" Spike said, tilting his head up in a gesture.

Dabura returns, hitting Gohan with an overhand strike and sending the half Saiyan flying into the landscape. Spike saw an opening and flickers to Dabura's position. Dabura looks at the drake in surprise as he evades an outstretched claw. The two stare each other down as Spike smirks and shows off his left claw. Each one had a droplet of blood hanging off the edge. Dabura seems surprised before noticing three fresh cuts on his left cheek. Dabura lets out a smile chuckle before seemingly unhinging his jaw. And, much like how Spike did earlier, spews out a torrent of flames. Spike immediately responded with flames of his own. However, to the drake's surprise, Dabura easily overpowered him. Spike ceases his flame and evades to the right, with Dabura's fire grazing his arm. Spike hisses in pain as he saw a large striped burn mark on his shoulder.

"Hm-hm, hellfire; the hottest flames in the demon realm. Even dragons are not immune to their scorching touch," Dabura chuckles.

"...I noticed...!" Spike grunted in pain.

"Do not concern yourself with that little injury. Soon, you'll die like your friend,"

Now, it was Spike's turn to laugh. "About that, you need to work on your execution," Dabura looked confused until the ground began to shake before an explosion of golden Ki sent debris flying everywhere. Gohan emerges from his crater, his Super Saiyan form shining brightly, as he glares down at Dabura. The demon king sucks his teeth; however, Spike grabs his arm. "But wait, it gets better; Dragon Soul Mode!"

"Dragon Soul what?"

Spike's aura erupts out of him as he tightens his grip. Dabura shields his face from the intensity of the drake's power. Grinning wildly, Spike clenches his free hand into a fist and imbue it with Ki. He thrust his arm forward and bashes the demon king in the face. Dabura is sent flying into the air as Goan appears in the demon king's pathway. He grips his hands together and slams Dabura down with a hammer strike. Dabura was quickly submerged underwater. Gohan hovers over the demon's position as he fires a rapid series of Ki blast into the water. Spike flies up to Gohan with a small orb in his hand before he tosses it down at the water. The waves settled for a moment before exploding moments later. As the Saiyan and dragon cease their assault, the other Z warriors continue to watch.

"Amazing. That's the king of the demon realm. Yet, Spike and Gohan are holding their own," Supreme Kai said in amazement.

"Are we looking at the same battle here?" Crystal asks. "The fact that they had to transform this earlier shows how desperate the situation is right now,"

"I hate to say it, but they haven't done any damage," Shade stated.

As Shade finished, Dabura came rocketing out of the water. He stops right in front of Spike and Gohan with no visible damage save for Spike's initial attack. "All of that for a few droplets of blood. I dare say you two are turning out to be a disappointment,"

"We'll start fighting when you start taking this seriously yourself!" Gohan stated.

"Yeah, quit wasting all our time and power up already!" Spike added.

Dabura shales his head as he chuckles. "Would humans use their full strength to crush a pair of flies? I doubt it. But, given I am seldom a chance to battle, I will indulge your requests..." Dabura thrusts out both arms as electricity dances around him. "HAAAAAA!!!!!" The area around him began to quake as ripples flowed violently in the water below. Dabura lets his arm down, and an eerie calmness swept the vicinity. "So, are you both ready to die?"


[Everfree Forest - A few moments earlier - Tree of Harmony Cavern.]


"Hey, this is the place," Silverstream said.

"Um, are you sure?" Goten asks.

"They said they were going to the tree and that the tree was under attack," Gallus stated.

"Ok, so, where is this tree?" Trunks asked.

"Tree is gone," Yona said solemnly, holding a fragment of the tree.

A harp gasp got everyone's attention as the group turns to Ocellus. "It's head mare Twilight!!!"

The rest of the young students swarmed around the statues. "What happened to them?" Smolder asks.

"Are there any Cockatrice around?" Gallus asks with his head on a swivel.

"Can you change them back?" Smolder asked the changeling.

"I'll try..." Ocellus said, morphing into the poultry-lizard. Her eyes flashed red for a long time, but the effects of the elements remained unchanged. Dejected. Ocellus turns back to normal. "I-I can't break the spell..."

"Maybe, these are regular statues," Goten said, approaching the statue of Piccolo. "I mean, look, they didn't finish Piccolo's statue. The arm is missing," Goten gave the statue a few pats too many as it tips over and breaks against the floor. "Ah!!!"

"Smooth move, Goten! Whoever made that is going to be mad!" Trunks scolded.

The other student all paled at the implications of a shattered statue could mean. However, they all felt a sudden surge of Ki energy. "Hey, that's my brother!"

"And that's Spike too," Smolder said, albeit with less enthusiasm.

"And my dad, but something feels different," Trunks noted.

"Why are they so far out? It'll take forever to get there, and the fighting might be done by then," Trunks said.

"Well, if we want to save Cozy and find out what happens, we have to hurry," Gallus said. The young students and Saiyans nodded as they took off toward the battle.


[Back on Earth]


"HAAA!!!" Dabura a red Ki blast with electricity dancing around it. Gohan brings up his guard, but the impact pushes him into the water. Spike charges in after him whilst Dabura prepared to do the same to him as well. However, Spike uses an afterimage to evade. Spike appears to his left and swipes his claws against Dabura's waist, seemingly cutting the demon king in half. It was merely a ruse as the two halves disappeared like Spike's afterimage. Spike grunts in annoyance connect with a sucker punch from the right. Spike spins with the momentum of Dabura's blow and slaps his tail against Dabura's cheeks. Before he could recover, Spike spews more flames upon Dabura. After a full minute of dosing the demon king in the fire, Spike ceases his attack. Unfortunately, he gave Dabura an opening as another Ki blast shot from the flames and slammed into Spike. Dabura disperses the flames to reveal himself unharmed. "I told once, lizard, you flames mean nothing to the Demon King!"

Instead of responding, Spike throws his forward in a mighty roar fueled with Ki energy. The shockwave shatters many of the stone pillars as Dabura shields himself. In the midst of Spike's attack, Gohan watches the ripples from under the water. 'Spike's keeping him busy. That frees me up for a surprise of my own...' Summoning two Ki orbs, Gohan fires them at Dabura while emerging from another position. The demon saw the incoming attacks and batted them away. However, he failed to stop Gohan from plunging his fist into Dabura's stomach. Spike came back into the fray and landed a right hook before he and Gohan rained down a series of punches and kicks. Despite being mildly disorientated, Dabura held his own. The three of them began flickering from several locations as the furious exchange continued, with Dabura steadily gaining the upper hand.

"Come on, Gohan. Vary it up a little more. You're falling into a predictable pattern!" Goku mutters.

"Look at him out there. Your boy's a disgrace!" Vegeta berated.

"Hey, Gohan is handling himself just fine!" Scootaloo defended.

"Oh, yes, because we can count on Gohan's mare friend to give unbiased insight toward the obvious. Just keep being a good little mare and defend her stallion shortcomings," Crystal chimed in, earning a scornful glare from Scootaloo. "Honesty, Gohan wield more power when he went berserk as a foal,"

"He does seem to be struggling more than the dragon is at the moment," Shade begrudgingly admitted.

Ember visibly winced as she spoke. "That might be true, but Spike is overly aggressive,"

"Their opponent is the demon king. Yakon and Pui-Pui were insects compared to him. He will not go down easily," Supreme Kai stated.

"I will admit that this Dabura guy is a lot better than we thought," Goku noted.

"Perhaps, but he's not invincible. Pathetic, It's as if the boy never fought a day in his life!" Vegeta added, growing more and more irritated.

Dabura thrust his arm forward and sent out a pulse that pushes both Gohan and Spike off of him. They quickly recovered and charged Dabura again. Dabura stops Spike with his hand and blocks Gohan's kick with a knee before the three vanished. Reappearing elsewhere, Dabura socks Gohan in the cheek while Spike lands a knee to his stomach. They vanished again only to appear with Dabura punching Spike against his snout as he blocks Gohan's fist with a free hand. They flickered again to create some separation as Spike and Gohan hover in the air while Dabura stands on the ground. Turning his back to them, Dabura waves them both on to the attack. Spike took the bait first, charging in with a growl, as Gohan follows. Dabura immediately turns around and spits two wads at them. The first landed on Spike's chest armor while the second wad fell on Gohan's glove.

"No! You mustn't let it touch your bare bodies!" Supreme Kai exclaimed.

Spike quickly breaks off his armor while Gohan slides off his glove. Both articles of clothing succumb to the petrification and break it apart. "Really? You tried that same trick again," Spike said.

"It worked well on the group in the cave, didn't?" Dabura reminded with a smirk. Spike snarls ad flickers to Dabura's position. The demon king was unprepared as Spike sends him flying with a right hook. Giving chase, Dabura grunted as he holds out his hands before summoning two blades. "Goodbye!" He brought his swords up in a cross pattern as Spike braces himself. There was a flash of white light as Dabura appears behind the drake. Spike looks on in confusion before his armbraces break off, revealing two grizzly slashes on his forearms.

"AAH!!!" Spike screams out.

"SPIKE!!!" Scootaloo and Ember shouted in concern.

"Oh, no!!!" Gohan stated before charging to Spike's aid.

"You didn't think I wouldn't pay you back for that scratch to made on me earlier, did you?" Dabura taunted.

"Tch!!!" Spike grunted out, clutching his arms.

"Don't worry; that pain is only the beginning!!!" Dabura whips around as Gohan came closer and slashes at the Saiyans head. He chuckles at the blow, but Gohan slowly raises his head with a stern glare.

"I got to say, you're a lousy barber," Gohan chuckles.

"Really? because I think you require a trim,"

"Then allow me to take more off the top!!!" Spike shouted, entering the battle again despite his injuries.

The three re-engaged again, but Dabura was holding a distinct advantage with his swords. Spike relied on his claws to deflect the blades' sting, while Gohan focused more on dodging. Every swing of his blade results in the landscape gaining a new scar. Stone pillars were sliced like butter while the ground found new trenches dug into it. Dabura was relentless as all Spike and Gohan could do was evade. Finally, the demon king appears above both of them with both blades primed to end the battle. In response, both Gohan and Spike flared their auras. Gohan manages to catch the blade between his hands. However, Spike surprises everyone and bites down on the other blade with his maw. The trio struggles to gain the advantage, even Dabura'a aura flowed from him in waves, but something had to give. Gohan shifts his weight and snaps the blade in half while Spike bites down harder and shatters the other sword into pieces. Dabura growls in frustration at the loss of both his weapons and stares down his opponents.

down with the rest of the Z fighters, Vegeta's aggregation finally boils over. "How long am I expected to watch this?! Alright! That's enough. Kakarot, call them back. I am taking over this fight!"

"What? Hold on, Vegeta. It's still their turn," Goku tried to reason, but Vegeta held firm.

"I don't care. I didn't cross the barrier between two worlds to watch this farce. You are my only concern. Did you think I cared at all about some tournament prizes or evil dwarfs!?" As Vegeta's rant continues, Dabura takes notice. "That's right; you are why I am here. This nonsense has dragged on long enough. Those two have had their chance!!!"

'Master Babidi. Return us to the ship. I discovered a golden opportunity,"

'Oh? A golden opportunity, you say?' Babidi replied curiously.

'Yes, with this information, Majin Buu's revival will go much faster,'

'Very well, you piqued my interest. A-BADA-PUH!!!'

Suddenly, they shift back to the ships' interior. The Z warriors went on alert as Dabura lands and steps through the door. "Where do you think you're going!?" Spike demanded.

Dabura laughs as he turns around. "Oh, don't worry. You are all far from done. There is simply no need for me to fight, not with a far better contender at our disposal," With one final laugh, Dabura walks through the door as it closes.

"Wait! Hold on!!!" Gohan exclaims.

"I don't believe this..." Supreme Kai utters in shock. "Dabura, King of the demon world, stepped away from a challenge!"

"But why?" Scootaloo asks.

"He said they have more contenders at their disposal," Shade recalled.

"Or perhaps the great demon king couldn't handle the pressure and ran off," Crystal stated.

"Spike, are you alright?" Ember asks, coming to his aid with a Senzu bean. "Here, you should eat this,"

"Tsk! Stupid bean," Spike snatches the bean from Ember's hand and eats it as his wound heals. The bean did nothing for his mood as he marches up and punches the door. "Get back out here, you coward!!!"

"Cool it, Spike, breaking the door won't help," Goku said.

"Then, what will?! Do we stand here with our fingers in our plots while those two throw everything under the sun at us? How does that help Twilight?!" Spike hollered.

"Hey, we'll help the girls and Piccolo. But, we can't do that if we let emotions get the better of us," spike huffs, but he takes his mentor's advice. "Now, I want to know why they pulled out of the fight?"

"It simply doesn't make sense. Dabura is Babidi's best fighter. There is no one else after him!" Supreme Kai asserted. "There's no conceivable way that a new fighter of that caliber would just drop into their laps at this stage!"

"Yeah, it doesn't feel right," Gohan added.

"Nothing feels right about this!" Vegeta said as he approaches Gohan. "I hope you're proud of yourself!"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, every time you throw down the gauntlet, you represent the Saiyan race. And you disgraced us with that pitiful performance!" Vegeta annotated his point by shoving Gohan backward. "Standing with the self-righteous look on your face, wondering what's going when the fight should already be finished! A warrior like Dabura should be dead. It is brute strength that determined a battle's outcome, not bleeding hearts that shy away from landing the decisive blow. Survival of the fittest! The dragon understands that much. You don't see him making a mockery of his species!" Spike couldn't hide the smirk adorning his features at that remark.

"That's enough, Vegeta. Gohan didn't--"

Vegeta's glare made Scootaloo stop in her tracks. "Your friend's lives were on balance, but you crumbled! They got turned to stone because they were weak. Is that the kind of fate you want for yourselves?" A shocking look spread across Gohan's features at that reminder. "Garden statues! They'll be lucky if someone turns them into a birdbath!"

"Calm down! No one could've predicted this outcome," Shade said.

"As if I listen to a pretender that was such an embarrassment that he had to steal Saiyan blood to even stand with us today! And still somehow manages to be dead weight!" Vegeta turns to Crystal, who stiffens slightly. "What about you, parasite? Do you have any excuse you wish to make?" Crystal wisely remained silent but turned her head in a scoff. "Every one of you is too soft. And I am tired of playing these games!!!" Vegeta holds out his hand and gathers his Ki, aiming down toward the ship's floor panel.

"What are you doing?" Ember asks in a panic!

"No more weak-hearted excuses! I'm taking over this operation - and for starters - I'm blowing this ship to kingdom come!!!"

"No, you hurt our cause more!" Scootaloo exclaims.

"She's right; you can't! The shock could free Majin Buu, making all of this effort for nothing!" Supreme Kai said urgently.

"Shut up!" Vegeta commanded.

"Maybe, we should scrap the ship. Why should we keep playing by Babidi's rules?" Spike asks.

Supreme Kai turns to the drake. "Because none of you understand the threat Buu presents. This world, Earth, the entire universe; all of it will be reduced to a barren wasteland at Buu's hands!!!"

Snarling, Vegeta points his attack at the Supreme Kai. "Enough! Now you listen to me; what happens to the universe is none of my concern. The strongest will find a way to survive, and the weaklings shall perish!!!"

Supreme Kai takes several steps back in horror. "...What kind of person are you...?"

Goku instantly flickers in front of Vegeta and grabs his hand. "Hye, cut it out; this has gone far enough!"

"How dare you!? You better let me go, Kakarot!"

"Come on, let's put what happened behind us and move forward from here!"

Vegeta pulls his and away and crosses his arms, turning away in a huff. "Fine, whatever you say, Kakarot!"

Supreme takes a breath of relief. "Now, we must figure out what Babidi is scheming! He needs your energy to revive Buu. I cannot fathom what fighter would be capable..." Supreme Kai lost his train of thought as his feature slowly morphed into horror. His gaze was resting solely on Vegeta. "...No, he is the one!!!"

At that moment, the room pulsed again, and two familiar faces appeared n the room. "Princess Celestia, Princess Luna?" Scootaloo asks in bewilderment.

PreviousChapters Next