• Published 4th Jul 2019
  • 4,231 Views, 414 Comments

Dragonball MLP: Buu's Calamity! - ultrapoknee



An evil wizard named Babidi unleashes a terrifying monster bent on universal destruction!

  • ...
12
 414
 4,231

PreviousChapters Next
episode 31: What Comes After!

[Intro.]

High over the horizon, a long, serpentine-like dragon, Shenron, soars through the skies. Upon his head were the likes of Gohan, Goten, and Trunks enjoying the ride. Moments later, a portal opens. Flying past the dragon, Vegeta, and Piccolo enter the portal first as the trio looks on in awe. Shenron lets out a roar as he follows the two through it. The scenery quickly changes from Earth to Equis.

Celestia enjoyed a teacup on her balcony with her sister Luna as Shenron exits the background portal. Fluttershy was busy tending to the animals in her sanctuary as Angel bunny frantically points to the dragon above. The yellow pegasus looks up and gasps at the sight. Over in Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack hauling in her product before a large gust of wind from Shenron's passing blows her hat off. The farm mare puts down her produce and gives chase. In Ponyville, Pinkie gasps as she hovers in the air while Shenron passes. A moment later, the party mare disappears, leaving behind an outline of smoke. Rarity struggles on a new line at the carousel boutique, featuring the combat Gi's Spike and Scootaloo wore before Shenron passes by her window. A look of inspiration hit the fashion mare as she quickly stretches something out before running outside. Rainbow Dash was resting on a cloud when she spotted Shenron in the skies. Looking at their destination, Rainbow shot off her perch with her signature sonic rain-boom. The trios of Saiyans leap off the great dragon while landing in front of the castle. There, Twilight is standing at the entrance, waving them over. The rest of the elements of harmony, Piccolo and Vegeta, were there to greet them.

Elsewhere, Dragonlord Ember was walking through a hellish landscape. The silhouette of a massive dragon was reaching toward her. She closes her eyes, only to open them again as Spike looks at her with concern. In a coliseum filled with cheering spectators, Scootaloo walks in with the EAT belt around her waist. Her opponent was a man in a brown and white Gi that sported an afro. She shoots her opponent a confident grin as the two charge one another. A second later, Scootaloo sends her rival out of bounds as two announcers - one blond human and Earth pony of similar features - declare her the winner. High above the castle of friendship, the Great Saiyaman floats above the structure as the sun rises. He smirks as he flies off into the rising sun.

The sunsets as the moon rising over a statue of Goku. Spike and Scootaloo stood there wearing somber expressions at the loss of their beloved mentor. However, the transparent image of Goku puts a reassuring hand on Scootaloo's and Spike's shoulders. They turn around in shock at his appearance. He smiles at his pupils before he fades away, with the two of them chasing after him. They don't get far as several figures cloaked in shadows appear before them. Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Trunks, and Goten land beside them as they all take combat stances. There was a staredown between the two factions before they collide in an explosion of light. Finally, the ponies and dragons stand next to the Z fighters in front of the School of Friendship. Goku lands between his wife while draping his arm over Gohan's shoulder. They both share wide grins for their friends and family.


[Volcanic Planes - Luna's POV.]


It was a strange sensation watching Vegeta's attack unfold. Over the horizon, it closely resembled my sister's sun setting for our routine cycle. Yet, this orb represents so much more than the setting of the day. I have only heard stories of ponies performing such a feat-- expelling all of one's life force. It is not a recommended maneuver that one employs needlessly. For the price, you must often pay too steep. Even from this distance, I could feel the heat radiating across my muzzle. The heavens and earth seem to quiver at the power tearing at the landscape. I knew Saiyans were powerful. But, I have severely underestimated by how much. Truly, we were lucky Sir Goku was your target, and Buu is the focus of your wrath as well. I fear I have misjudged you, Prince Vegeta. You bear Babidi's foul enslavement by choice, yet you openly defy him. You are brash, arrogant, self-serving, and foolhardy. But, only the noblest of souls can willfully give their life to protect those precious to them. It is a shame events have led up to this point. What could we have done differently to prevent this? I do not know.

"No! I can't let him do this!" Sir Picolo exclaimed, moving to head back toward the battle.

I swiftly stood in his path. "Nay, Sir Piccolo. You must not interfere. You said yourself that this is the first time Prince Vegeta is fighting for the good of others. Redemption is a path only available to those who seek it. Let him finish his battle on his terms. No one is forcing this upon him," I could see the conflict in Sir Piccolo's eyes as he relents. Turning back to the attack, we all saw as the dome began to shrink steadily until it faded with a blip.

"Is it over?" One of the young ones asks.

"Take Goku and the boys back to the portal. I'll head back and check," Sir Piccolo stated.

"I will go as well to confirm the wizard's demise," I said. Nodding to each other, Scootaloo teleported every to Canterlot while I did the same with Piccolo. The sight was unlike any I have ever seen. The terrain, once jagged and filled with lava pits, was now smoothed out under scorched earth. The blast radius was enormous. It could easily match the entirety of Ponyville and parts of the Everfree. Such destruction potential is to be commended and feared. There was no doubt that nothing could have survived the explosion. Unfortunately, that included Vegeta, for amidst this devastation stood his remains. I am no stranger to seeing petrification, but how did this occur without the use of magic? Could the creature have done this as a final act of defiance? As if to answer my inquiries, Piccolo spoke.

"The attack must've expelled all the energy from his body, and this is the result..."

"A steep price indeed. I understand so little of your character, but the intent is clear. Though you may say different, you saved many with your actions today," I bowed my head in respect of the warrior. Carefully, I encased him in magic. "I teleporting Prince Vegeta to the safety of the Canterlot vault. My sister and I know of the petrification spells, and Discord is free. I am sure we can free him,"

"...Perhaps..."

Sir Piccolo's tone did not fill me with confidence. However, a voice called out before we could do anything. "H-help...!"

"There's a faint Ki signature coming from over there," Piccolo pointed to the west. A grim feeling of foreboding swelled in my stomach as we went to investigate. Could Majin Buu have survived and all Prince Vegeta's efforts be in vain? When we found the Ki signature in question, my features morphed into a scowl.

Babidi laid on the ground flailing his remaining limb with a barrier around himself. Impressive, given the explosion. "Tsk. It looks like you survived,"

"Pest such as him often do!" I could not mask the contempt at seeing this monster alive, for it meant my sister was still enslaved.

"S-shut up! Both of you! I am your future ruler! Babidi! The greatest wizard of the entire cosmos!!!" Babidi shriek. It baffles me how pathetic these warmongers are once they are stripped of their plans and minions.

"You're a foolish little tyrant acting above their station! A plague that spreads misery and turmoil wherever you go!" I spat.

"Don't you dare talk down to me!!!"

"Hmph. You don't like being hurt, do you? But, you delight in hurting others. You're right. You don't need a lecture. You need to be exterminated!" Sir Piccolo snarls. However, before he could move, I felt a presence behind us. I was right to form a shield as an attack struck my magic. The smoke clears to reveal Gera and the filly from twilight's school. Both of which were still in Babidi thrall.

"Shame on you two. I thought it was mean to kick a helpless creature when they were down!" The filly known as Cozy Glow said.

"You know not what you speak, little foal," I said with an even tone. "Rest assured. You shall be free in mere moments,"

"It amuses me on how easily you are fooled and ready to forgive. You must know that if this filly is tainted from the start, there is no saving her. She was always corrupt to her core, just as your sister is now!" Gera said.

"Silence thy tongue!" I slipped back into the old equestrian. "We shall flay you at the stocks for such insolence against us!!!"

"I'm sure you would, but I think I've bought us enough time,"

Sir Piccolo and I went on guard when we noticed something on the ground. It was a blob of some pink substance. It took only a moment to realize it was the creature's remains. However, horror soo filled my soul as the blobs began to take shape. Soon, several miniature version of the Buu creature was all around us. One of them rallied the others, and I feared we were about to get a swarm. Instead, the monster surpassed all logic again as the clones flew into each as their flesh began absorbing into itself. I would believe this monster was a spawn of Discord, but even the chaos spirit isn't infallible. As the mass of pink flesh grew the more the mini-Buu's fed it, I took hold of my companion and teleported us to Canterlot. Such a long-distance would drain even Twilight, but there was no recourse. Besides, even as I fell to my knees, weariness was the last thing I felt: nothing but pure adrenaline pulse through every vein of my body. Eventually, though, my fatigue won out, and I collapsed to the ground. My last sight was of Cadence approaching with the rest of the leaders.

"AUNTIE!!!"


[Planet Earth - Twilight's POV.]


"Yay! We have some screen time, girls!" Pinkie shouted. The girls and I were aboard one of the Capsule Corps ships as Bulma pilots it. Krillin and 18 were here with Yamcha and Master Roshi. Fluttershy was playing patty cake with Maron while Rarity styled her mane. Pinkie had her face glued to the airship window while waving at Rainbow Dash, who chose to fly beside the plane. Discord was outside as well, doing an activity he called sky surfing. Poor Applejack was securely fastened to her seat while cruddling her knees. She always had trouble with hot air balloons, so adjusting to these metal airships hasn't been going well. I, however, can't help but marvel at these devices as I hovered over Bulma's shoulder while carefully studying how she steers.

"Screen time?" Bulma asks.

"That's Pinkie being Pinkie. Don't question any of it. I would sure like to know why we're taking this flying death trap!" Applejack stated.

"Come on, Applejack; this ship came from Bulma's personal collection of capsules. I am sure she wouldn't use any faulty machinery," I said.

"I don't see why we couldn't use a hot air balloon,"

"Sure, if you want to account for Earth's various wind currents and air patterns, not to mention the dangerous location each Dragonball usually resides. Then, feel free to use that old method of air travel," Bulma teased. Applejack huffs at this.

"If you don't mind me asking, darling, what's our reading?" Rarity asks.

"According to radar, the first Dragonball is in the forest of South city. The indigenous life is known for being unruly,"

"Oh, we shouldn't assume anything. Those animals are probably nervous. I'll be more than happy to calm them down," Fluttershy offers.

I giggled at that. "I'm sure you'll be able to talk down any disgruntled animals we might come across," We soon landed outside the forest as we left the ship. The lash greenery reminded me a lot of the forest in Equis. "By the way, Bulma, why aren't you using Guru?"

"My father is busy making some adjustments. He was a prototype when you last saw him. Besides, the old radar hasn't failed us yet," Bulma explained. She checks the radar as a single yellow blip appears on the screen.

"It looks like we're in for a bit of a trek, everyone,"

"Darling, you mention anything about hiking," Rarity said tediously. "I haven't the proper attire for it,"

"Not to worry," Discord said, appearing before in a burst of confetti. With a snap of his talon, we're all in proper clothing for traversing a dense foliage area.

"Not exactly in season, but it will do,"

Beginning our trek, we saw many creatures that were completely dissimilar to the wildlife on Equis. Yet, they have their own uniqueness to them that out almost wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It wasn't long until we came across a cave. "Anypony else getting that feeling that this happened before," Applejack stated.

"Hmm, nope, I haven't had a twitchy eye, jerky elbow combo for a few days now," Pinkie said.

"She means 'Deja Vu,' darling," Rarity corrected.

"Gesundheit!"

Rarity gave her a flat look. "She means this is just like the time we faced that dragon," I reminded.

"A dragon?" 18 asks.

"Yeah, I was cleaning soot out of my feathers for a whole week after that," Rainbow said, her wings bristling at the thought.

"Urgh! He was an absolute brute, covering our town in his smog with his dreadful snoring," Rarity said with her usual dramatics.

"He was only trying to rest, and we disturbed it. He didn't mean to act hostile towards us," Fluttershy said.

"As long as somepony doesn't go nabbing what ain't ours or bucking 'em on the snout, we'll be fine," Applejack said, sending a stink eye Rarity and Rainbow.

"Well, it should be easy going then. The dragons we have aren't native to these parts," Krillin reassures.

Venturing into the cave, it didn't take long to find our objective. The problem was that the Dragonball was lodged in the cranium of one of those dinosaur creatures.



"Oh, man. How it got up in there!?" Yamcha exclaimed.

Krillin quickly puts his hand over Yamchas mouth. "You want to wake the thing up or something!?"

"Oh my, the poor thing. How did this happen?" Fluttershy said, although it almost sounded like a demand.

"I'd say that it might've fallen on it from the last time we used the Dragonballs. Although I doubt it was a welcome little surprise given it was most likely stone at the time," Master Roshi summarised.

"So, how do we get it free?" I whispered.

"Yeah, it's not like we can just pull it off," Yamcha said.

"Thanks for volunteering, buddy," Krillin said.

"What!? I didn't--"

"Way to be a team player, Yamcha!" Rainbow dash cheered. It was obvious what was going on by now.

"But-"

"Do be careful not to wake it, darling, now retrieve the ball," rarity sounded like one of the Canterlot nobles ordering a busboy around.

"I--"

"Honestly, you're the best choice as you are the most expendable of us," Discord suddenly stated. "Twilight here is a princess of Equestria, and Fluttershy is a dear friend of mine. Oh, and the others wielded the elements of magic. Miss Bulma is the CEO of a highly profitable company. And the bald one here is married. By the way, how did you managed you land her?"

"Discord! That's highly inappropriate!" Fluttershy chastised him.

"Thank you, Fluttershy. I--"

Yamcha started, but Fluttershy's next words were a tad inadvertently insensitive. "You shouldn't pry into a couple's business like that. I'm sure 18 and Krillin love each other very much,"

"Hey!!! I am useful!!!" Yamcha exclaimed again. This time, the dinosaur shifted a bit in its sleep.

"Will you quit standing there and making all this fuss. Go get the Dragonball already!" Bulma stated. Her voice was sharp even under a whisper.

I was feeling bad at Yamcha's dejected look as Bulma pushed him closer to the creature. "It's okay, Yamcha. I'll get it. Besides, we're the ones that need the Dragonballs in the first place," I said.

"No, I'll do it. A whole lot of people depend on it. Besides, performing a favor for a princess might lead to some reward," Yamcha said. There was an odd look on his face as he rubs his chin with his finger. Without further prompting, Yamcha climbs up the T-rexes snout and grips the one-star ball. I'd say the Dragonball was stuck upon this dinosaurs head real good from the impact's indention. Yamcha kept tugging at the ball, using his legs to push against the T-rexes skin, while grunting out loud. The ball seemed firmly embedded until it started to shift. Unfortunately, it wasn't the Dragonball that was moving. "Hey, I think I got it,"

"Um, Yamcha?" Fluttershy started as the t-rexes eyes open.

"I almost got it!"

"Partner," Applejack said in a warning tone as many of us back away.

"Come on!!!" By now, the dinosaur finished scanning the cave. Its reptilian eyes reminded me a lot about the dragons we've met over the years as they landed squarely on Yamcha. The beast's mouth started to salivate the prospect of a fresh meal. The only good news was that Yamcha finally freed the ball from the T-rexes cranium as he tumbled down and fell on his flanks. "Ha! I got it! and I didn't even disturb this guy's--"

*Growl*

Yamcha's triumphant face fell with the color of his skin as he slowly turns around. "--Beauty nap. Hey, there, you don't mind if we borrow this, do you? I mean, I bet this thing wasn't comfortable, lodged on your forehead. So, really, I did you a favor, huh?"

*ROAR*

"YAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!" Yamcha suddenly came charging out of the cave with the t-rex close behind him.

We all watched as the dinosaur chase Yamcha all around the clearing, with him screaming the entire time. The Dragonball rolled on the ground in front of us as Bulma picked it up. "Alright, that's one Dragonball found,"

"Should we do something to help?" I asked.

"Hmm? With what?" I pointed to Yamcha, still being chased by the ravenous beast. "Oh, this is nothing. Yamcha's been on many of our quest to find these things. He's practically a professional at this point,"

*ROAR*

"Fluttershy? What's it saying?"

"Oh, um, it says that it's been a while since it's had human flesh for breakfast,"

"Darlings, where's Pinkie!?" Rarity asks in alarm. All of us started frantically searching for her until 18 spoke out.

"Don't worry, she's out there," We looked to where she was pointing to see Pinkie riding on the dinosaurs back while encouraging it.

"Yes. Yes! Run him down and feast on his bones!!!" Pinkie raved like a manic.

"Whose side are you on!?!?!" Yamcha screamed out.

"Aw, you just can't find entertainment like this on Equestria," Discord said with a bowl of popcorn.

I sigh at his antics, but my thoughts returned to Equestria. "I hope everything is okay,"


[Canterlot - Infirmary - Cadence POV.]


I hated seeing auntie like this. She was so radically different from the mare that took me under wings since foal hood. Her eyes scare me the most. When she stood before us in the hall while trying to incite panic, all I got from them was a promise of pain and suffering if we refuse to bow to her. The same look the likes of Sombra, Tirek, and Chrysalis all wore. It hurt even more commanding the guards to restrain her in solitary confinement. But, that dreadful insignia was still there upon her head, and none of the unicorn mages even know what it signifies. Let alone trying to remove it. Piccolo let me know that M came from Babidi's magic, and until he dies, it won't go away. I've never been more tempted to wish harm on any creature than I do toward that awful wizard. But, even if I wanted to, how could I? He has an indestructible monster at his beck and call. And we already lost two of our greatest defenders and the elements of harmony themselves. Twilight hasn't given up, and she's hoping to use the Dragon balls to fix everything that happened today. I pray she and her friends are successful.

"Let me know if there are any changes to her condition. Remember, only me and those I appointed are allowed in Princess Celestia's room," I told the guards as they saluted. Walking back to the central wing of the infirmary, it was a depressing sight waiting for me. Those that survived Vegeta's attack were injured severely. Sadly, I could hear the whispers of native Equians, and none of them held a positive outlook on the recent events.

"How did all this happen?"

"That monster killed everypony!"

"I knew that portal was a bad idea,"

"That guy came with the ambassador. what if he's involved?!"

"There's the princess. She'll know what to do!"

And just like that, the panic and accusations flew my way. There were many here voicing their concerns and fears to me. The calls for having the portal closed down and all the humans prosecuted were evident. But, these were long-standing issues that finally reached a boiling point thanks to today's tragedy. Regardless, it was hard to center my thoughts with all the constant overlapping voices. And I may have been a bit too forceful in my response. "ENOUGH!!!" My amplified voice did its job, and I can hear my thoughts. "I realize we're all shaken up after the event of today. But pinning the blame on our friends from Earth is not the answer. We know who is responsible. And they will face justice!" My words seem to have a calming effect, but the fear and doubt were still there.

"What about my foal? My family! They were, they were--" The mare in front of them started to break down. I walked up to her and hugged her.

"You may not believe this - in fact - I know you won't. But, I promise you that Princess Twilight is working on the way to resolve everything. You will see your family again," I left the mare as she was getting consoled by others, but the subjects were more at ease now.

"Well handled, although I wouldn't go getting their hopes up. The Dragonballs are supposed to be a secret," I heard Piccolo tell me. I turned to see him standing behind me with his arms cross. I put a silence spell around the two of us so we could speak privately.

"Aren't these situations why you use the Dragonballs back on Earth?"

Piccolo nods in response. "Under normal circumstances, yes," It's a bit disturbing that Goku and his friends consider death at this scale normal. "However, we know what happens when an inhabitant of this planet learns of the Dragonballs,"

"Chrysalis and Tirek," I frowned as I remember how those two abused those magical orbs. "But, we must do something. We've never been in such a situation before. There was so much screaming - so much pain - and that horrible burning smell afterward. Some of the bodies recovered were nothing but charred remains. Have you seen the intensive care ward? It's filled with creatures with puncture wounds, bits of shrapnel embedded into some patients. Several griffins and pegasi are missing their wings while others lost all their limbs! And those are the ones that are lucky enough to be conscious. We have creatures that are burnt beyond recognition and put on life support!" I started to hug myself as I felt tears start to well up. "I could feel their agony, you know. Not like the changelings. I can feel the love of all the couples in Canterlot right now,"

"That's a unique ability to have at your disposal. You must be an excellent matchmaker,"

I smile a little at the joke, but only a little. "Love is a powerful emotion. It can bring untold amounts of joy or cripple pain. Right now, all I can feel is the broken hearts of everyone that's lost their loved ones. Negative emotions have just as much impact as positive ones. And if we don't quell this surge of negativity, I might attract more unwanted attention,"

"Windigos?" I looked over at Piccolo in shock as he chuckles. "I come here from time to time to enjoy the isolation. You be amazed what my ears can pick up," My mind zoomed to some very inappropriate train of thought, but Piccolo stops me from asking a silly question. "Don't worry; I usually tone out all the intimate stuff,"

I breathed a sigh of relief before taking in the infirmary again. Hopefully, this site won't be here for much longer. It was at this moment; Shinning came through to the infirmary doors. I dropped the spell as I came over to him. I wanted to hug him real bad, but I had to remain professional. "What's the status on our VIPs?"

"Princess Luna is stable, and she should make a full recovery after a magic transfusion session. Goku and the Supreme kai are still unconscious. Chrysalis is still on the grounds. I imagine she can't leave due to whatever arrangement she has going on right now. Spike and Scootaloo are okay despite the shape their clothes are in, but they're distant, and I can't get them to talk," Shinning told us.

"We've suffered some heavy losses..." Piccolo said despondently.

"Also, the other leaders are waiting to talk to you, Caddie. They want to know what's happening as much as everyone else,"

"Let's go speak with them. Hopefully, we can try and quell their concerns enough to keep them from leaving," I said.

Suddenly, a guard burst through the doors as he ran up to us. "Your highnesses, Princess Luna's transfusion was a success. She and the ambassador have awakened!"


[Back on Earth - Twilight's POV.]


"Are you sure you're friend can handle this!?" Bulma asks me.

"Rainbow dash handles freak storms like this all the time, but is tsunami's a natural occurrence on Earth?" It was crazy. The Dragonball was seated in the water while generating a typhoon! Bulma was barely keeping the ship aloft while I shielded us. Even then, the winds were almost unbearable. Rainbow and Discord were outside trying to tame it, but it's the worst storm I've ever seen, and we've been to the Everfree.

"Nothing like this in the eastern coasts. Something is causing it!"

"I think it must have something to do with the residual magic the balls absorbed while on Equestria!"

"I never got the chance to see what happen to the Dragonballs after that. Do you think the power out acts upon the will of the recipient, or do the balls discharge the magic at random intervals?"

"I believe it may be the latter, but a strong enough will could access the magi for themselves. Otherwise, that t-rex would devour Yamcha from that encounter,"

"Thanks for the concern!" I heard Yamcha in the back. There were only so many seats on board. So, everyone was bracing themselves as best as they could against the walls.

"Can y'all talk fancy when we're not in the middle of ten Everfree storms!" Applejack grunted out. The ship was under a lot of turbulence as everything shook.

"Yes, darlings, there's a time and place," Rarity added. "All this shaking is ruining my mane!!!"

"Whee!!! It's riding the rollercoasters in Las Pegasus!" Pinkie squeals in joy. Fluttershy was holding on to Maron tightly while the little girl shared Pinkie's delights.

I pressed down on the communicator to speak. "Rainbow! Are you making any progress?"

"It's, uh, under control, egghead. I should have these winds down in 10 seconds flat-- GAH!!!" The ship was hit with a stronger bout of turbulence before she could finish. "Better make that 10 minutes..."

I let out an exasperated sigh."What about Discord? Can't he snap this storm away?"

"Please, Twilight, what do you take me for, Mr. Fix-it? This planet's mana wavelengths are beyond abysmal. There's barely anything to draw from here. I could force it, but that's not something that will have positive effects," Discord said.

"So, are you saying it's hopeless!?"

"Um, Twilight?" I heard Fluttershy say, but I was too focused on Discord.

"No, I got it. I am standing right behind you," I spun around so fast that I nearly gave myself whiplash. Discord was here on the ship while holding the Dragonball with a pair of oven mitts.

"B-but, what was all that about not being able to use your magic?"

"That applies to manipulating something on this planet. Luckily, these little orbs absorbed enough Equestrian magic to provide me with some wiggle room. Although, I don't think whatever in these things like me very much. There's a lot of benevolent and harmonious magic spilling from it-- eurgh!"

I felt my hair start to unravel as I dragged my hand across my face. I pressed the button on the intercom to contact Rainbow again. "Rainbow, we got the Dragonball. Come inside,"

"Hey! I almost got these winds under control," rainbow replied, much to my confusion.

"The storm is still going on?"

"The Dragonball might've sped up a natural occurrence. It will most likely die out on its own. But we need to leave the area," Bulma informs me.

"Just come back in, Rainbow. Pegasi magic can't fix this storm,"

"Roger," Rainbow said as I opened the doors. I immediately regretted this decision. "WHOA!!!" Rainbow came bursting into the ship as a fresh wave of turbulence struck the ship. The sudden gust of wind slammed onto all of us while everyone screamed.

"Hold on!!!!" Bulma grunted, trying to steer the ship to safety. I never feel winds this strong in my life. Looking out the window, I saw that we were losing altitude. The ship skipped across the ocean like a stone until we land roughly on a beachside.

I rubbed my head as I looked around the ship. "Is everyone alright?"

"Right as rain partner," Applejack grunted out, spitting out some blue feathers. She had caught rainbow as she came inside but wound up against the wall.

"Yeah, what she said," Rainbow comments, although it was muffled from Applejack's hat over her muzzle.

"We are never doing this again. My mane can't endure this!" Rarity whined, checking over her mane with a pocket mirror.

"Oh, are you okay, little one?" Fluttershy asks Maron from within her wing cacoon. The foal babbled happily back at her.

Bulma was clutching her head as I rushed over to her. "Bulma, are you okay?"

"Yeah, you know what they say; any crash you can walk away from only makes you stronger,"

Looking to Discord, I saw he was completely unharmed. "Discord? How did you not get hurt?"

"Thanks to this wonderful invention of gorilla glue," Discord said as he points to his hooves. he apparently glued them to the floor.

"I wish I could share those sentiments..." Krillin grunted. He was sprawled out on top of Yamcha on the right corner of the ship. Looking over to 18 made me blush as Master Roshi found a soft spot to cushion his fall.

"I take it back. This was way better than the rollercoasters in Las Pegasus. Right master Roshi?" Pinkie asks, looking down at the old hermit who was inches away from her chest.

"Hey, the plane is settled. You can get up now!" 18 said in an irritated tone.

"Ohahaha. Thank you so much. My head almost hit the wall. I think you may have saved my life. I was thrown viciously - just like this - but I hit something soft instead!" Master Roshi then dove his head in between Pinkie's teats while shaking it side to side. that is until 18 grabs him by his head and turns him to her. "Urgh! Let go! Please, I was only showing her something!"

"How to be a lecherous old man?"

Somehow undeterred from having his head spun at a 90-degree angle, Master Roshi gropes 18's left teat while she looked more irritated. "No, I was showing her how these wonderful floatation devices saved my life," 18 let out a growl as spun master Roshi's head further until his shades broke. Master Roshi broke out into a spin as his body flew into the ship's closed doors and stretched outward from the impact. Thank Celestia, I learned to take things as they come from the Pinkie incident. Otherwise, I was going to start Twilightening. Great, I'm using my verb. Shaking my head, I went to check our progress. All six Dragonballs glowed while giving off a soft hum.

"Aside from all this madness, we only have one Dragonball left to find,"

"Alright, I'll check for any damage, and we can't finish our quest. We'll have everything on Equis fixed before dinner time," Bulma stated.


[Canterlot - Infarmory - Luna's POV.]


The first thing to assault my vision was the white of the ceiling, followed shortly by the calling of my name. "PRINCESS LUNA!!!" I was beset upon by Scootaloo's herdmates. trying to regain my sense, I took in my surroundings. Sir Piccolo stood by the entrance while young Scootaloo and Spike tended to their mentor. Sir Goku's clothing was worse for wear, but his injuries are healed. The former queen was present, along with the sneer she sent my direction.

"Are Y'all ok?"

"You were out like a light for hours!"

"What happened out there?"

"Did you catch the ones causing all this trouble?"

"What about Princess Celestia?"

"To answer your questions in order; The useless one is obviously fine, it was 3 hours, the ones causing trouble are still at large. I'm surprised that was not clear. And the other useless one failed as well,"

"Your comments are unneeded, bug!" I spat.

"Well, my comments are the same as your performance; unneeded!"

"Enough!" I was surprised to see Spike raise his tone to me. "What's the point of shifting blame? We all failed. You. The princesses. And us..."

The girls looked upon our downtrodden group with concern. Yet, the truth was undeniable. "Okay, let's take a step back and re-strategize," Sir Piccolo suggests.

"And what strategy can be employed against that monster!?" Chrysalis asks.

"I'm still working that out,"

"You mean you don't have a plan?" Young Diamond said.

I almost went to rebuked such claims, but the situation was dire. However, I had an epiphany soon after. "Worry not, young Diamond. Hope is not lost. Indeed, we cannot match the beast; the combined might of sir Goku and Prince Vegeta can!"

"I made the same offer to Vegeta before and took a dirt nap for my troubles," Sir Goku stated.

"How did you lose any, Goku? I mean, I know Vegeta is strong, but I didn't think you could lose to any creature," Young Sweetie belle said.

Sir Goku appeared bashful as he rubs his head. "Well, uh, you see-- I kind of turn my back to him after he agreed to help and--"

"And he struck while your guard was down," Sir Piccolo finished as the rest of us looked at sir Goku in shock. "You have a nasty habit of trusting your enemies by their word,"

"That's about it, hehe,"

"Gullible oaf," Chrysalis scoffs.

"Regardless," I got up from the bed and address everyone. "If Sir Goku and Sir Vegeta fight as one, then the beast is sure to fall! Vegeta has faced the beast alone. He'll know such an endeavor is fruitless,"

I saw the exchange of looks that Piccolo and Goku shared. "Princess, I can't feel Vegeta's Ki," Scootaloo said softly. I knew what was being implied from her tone. But, perhaps the case is different here.

"I have recovered Vegeta's petrified state. And while my sister is incapacitated, my magic, as well as our niece, should be able to free him. Although, an extra horn would be beneficial. Where is Young Starlight Glimmer?"

"She was consoling Twilight's students with dragon lord Ember," Sweetie Belle asks.

I nodded in thanks as I walked to the doors. "We shall fetch her along with my niece," As fortune would have it, we did not have to go far to find my niece as she came through the door. She explained the current stated of affairs, and I knew we had to address the situation soon. The other rulers would likely want to know what is happening as well. But they can wait a little longer. I can only hope they are receptive to the knows of Vegeta's return. But, if my return from banishment is any indicator, then it is not likely. After a short trek, we stood before the vault. Starlight Glimmer was present as I had hoped. Scootaloo's herd mates agreed to watch over the students until starlight's return. Opening the vault, we passed by the myriad artifacts to find Prince Vegeta suspended in a protective field of magic. Thankfully, there was no visible damage to his frame.

"So, how do we do this? I'm not too familiar with petrification," Starlight stated.

"My sister and I are quite familiar with the spell work. It was the same pell we used on Discord. However, with my sister in her current state, I will be the one to perform the spell to free Vegeta,"

"Okay, so what do you need us for?" Cadence asks.

"You two will feed your magic into mine as I cast the spell. Then, Majin Buu will rue the day he has reawakened in this era," I began channeling my magic as my niece and Young Starlight laid their hands on me. I felt their magic flow into my horn as I raised my hands. My magic shrouds Vegeta's as s[ell perform its tasks. A bright flare engulfs the room before dying down. Sadly, any hope I had for our success went with it as Vegeta's form hadn't changed.

"Did it work? Is there some delayed effect?" Young Starlight asks. As if to provide an answer, a crack appeared across Vegeta's face. Soon, more crack appeared along the torso and legs. Before I could even gather a speck of magic, Vegeta's body shattered into pieces. We watched in stunned silence as the broken pieces crumble into dust. "No. T-that wasn't supposed to happen!!! we didn't--"

"...I suppose it wishful thinking pinning our hopes on magic when the issue was Ki related," Piccolo said.

I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder as Sir Goku walks by me. "Don't blame yourselves. Vegeta's was long gone before he even got here. It's a shame. If only he hadn't have gone off on his own. We could've prevented this and stop Buu together. But that wouldn't be your style, huh Vegeta?"

"Then it is true..." Young Scootaloo said in a dead tone, her eyes swelled up with tears as she looked at us. "Gohan is really gone too?"

Sir Goku embraces the young mare into a hug. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for him. I promise to make this right," Sir Goku comforted.

"In case you've forgotten, there's still the threat of the pudgy pink abomination!" Chrysalis reminded.

"And my sister is still under that curs spell!" I spat.

"You do have a plan, right, Goku?" Spike asks tentatively.

"That's right. Oh, by the way, were is Twilight and the girls. I will need to help on this idea too," Sir Goku asks.

"They went to the Earth to retrieve the Dragonballs. They almost finish from what I felt from the energy the balls are producing. Their time here on Equis has made it easier to keep track of them," Sir Piccolo said.

"That's not good. They don't know the situation here. And we are definitely going to need Shenron later. I better head over there. Say, Piccolo, could you fix my clothes?"

"Sure," Sir Piccolo said as he fires a beam from his fingertips, and Sir Goku's garbs were completely restored.

"Alright, once I bring the girls back, we'll start our next move," With that said, Sir Goku vanishes from sight.

I turned back to where Prince Vegeta once stood and summoned an urn. I gathered the debris and laced the urn on a podium. "A warrior's remains should not lay across the ground but hold in high regard. Thank you, Vegeta,"

PreviousChapters Next