• Published 4th Jul 2019
  • 4,187 Views, 407 Comments

Dragonball MLP: Buu's Calamity! - ultrapoknee



An evil wizard named Babidi unleashes a terrifying monster bent on universal destruction!

  • ...
12
 407
 4,187

PreviousChapters Next
episode 16: The Junior Division, round 1!

[Intro.]

High over the horizon, a long, serpentine-like dragon, Shenron, soars through skies. Upon his head were the likes of Gohan, Goten, and Trunks enjoying the ride. Moments later, a portal opens. Flying past the dragon, Vegeta, and Piccolo enters the portal first as the trio looks on in awe. Shenron lets out a roar as he follows the two through it. The scenery quickly changes from Earth to Equis.

Celestia was enjoying a cup of tea on her balcony with her sister Luna as Shenron exits the portal in the background. Fluttershy was busy tending to the animals in her sanctuary as Angel bunny frantically points to the dragon above. The yellow pegasus looks up and gasps at the sight. Over in Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack hauling in her product before a large gust of wind from Shenron's passing blows her hat off. The farm mare puts down her produce and gives chase. In Ponyville, Pinkie gasps as she hovers in the air while Shenron passes. A moment later, the party mare disappears, leaving behind an outline of smoke. At the carousel boutique, Rarity struggling on a new line featuring the combat Gi's Spike and Scootaloo wore before Shenron passes by her window. A look of inspiration hit the fashion mare as she quickly stretches something out before running outside. Rainbow Dash was resting on a cloud when she spotted Shenron in the skies. Looking at their destination, Rainbow shot off her perch with her signature sonic rain-boom. The trios of Saiyans leap off the great dragon while landing in front of the castle. There, Twilight is standing at the entrance, waving them over. The rest of the elements of harmony, Piccolo and Vegeta were there to greet them.

Elsewhere, Dragonlord Ember was walking through a hellish landscape. The silhouette of a massive dragon was reaching toward her. She closes her eyes only to open them again as Spike looks at her with concern. In a coliseum filled with cheering spectators, Scootaloo walks in with the E.A.T. belt around her waist. Her opponent was a man in a brown and white Gi that sported an afro. She shots her opponent a confident grin as the two charges one another. A second later, Scootaloo sends her rival out of bounds as two announcers - one blond human and Earth pony of similar features - declare her the winner. High above the castle of Friendship, the Great Saiyaman floats above the structure as the sun rises. He smirks as he flies off into the rising sun.

The sunsets as the moon rising over a statue of Goku. Spike and Scootaloo stood there wearing somber expressions at the loss of their beloved mentor. However, the transparent image of Goku puts a reassuring hand on Scootaloo's and Spike's shoulders. They turn around in shock at his appearance. He smiles at his pupils before he fades away, with the two of them chasing after him. They don't get far as several figures cloaked in shadows appear before them. Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Trunks, and Goten land beside them as they all take combat stances. There was a staredown between the two factions before they collide in an explosion of light. Finally, the ponies and dragons stand next to the Z fighters in front of the School of Friendship. Goku lands between his wife while draping his arm over Gohan's shoulder. They both share wide grins that for their friends and family.


[E.A.T. Colosseum - Third Person POV.]

Smolder walks back to Spike and Ember with an expression of intensity. She glances back at the adult and junior participates as they flinched. Spike's smile grew wider as talks of abandoning the tournament spread among the fighters.

"No way!"

"That kid just obliterated that punching machine,"

"I-I think I hear mom calling,"

Some of the competitors began to file out of the Colosseum. "Look at them all. They're leaving the place in droves," Krillin stated.

"Can you blame them?" Piccolo said.

"No, but this reaction has been a problem. The princesses ask me to tone down the flexing when it came to my fights. It gets boring holding back. But, I won't let any creature be the champ if their not up to snuff," Sootaloo said.

"Then why should we suffer the weaklings?" Spike stated. "What's the point in pretending they have a chance? That's nothing more than giving them false hope. It seems cruel to lead them on like that. I didn't know you had it in you, Scoots,"

"That's not what it is, and you know it! Would you ask a colt to fight any of the princesses and expect him to win? Or would that colt know it's impossible and not even bother!"

Spike shrugs his shoulders as he looks over to Goten. "It depends on the colt. I'm sure mini Goku over there could last a few rounds against any of the princesses,"

"Urgh! That's not the same. Goku, back me up here,"

"Well, Spike is right," Goku said. Scootaloo was about to protest but stops herself after seeing Goku's expression. "But, only to a certain extent. Knowing your limits isn't a bad thing. But, it's up to you if you want to surpass them. You remember that lesson, right? Surpassing yourself?"

Spike pursed his lips. "I do. And these wimps can't handle the pressure,"

Goku shakes his head. "There's a difference showing someone the error of their ways and what you did. That was a show of force. A display to show dominance over them,"

A chuckle from the left turned everyone's attention to Vegeta. "It's funny you should say that, Kakarot. I seem to recall you showing off against the likes of Nappa and the Ginyu force. The way you handled Recomme, Burter and Jeice could hardly be called sportsman-like conduct,"

"I gave everyone I ever face a chance to walk away. I didn't delight in making anyone feel inferior,"

"Can you honestly tell me you can talk down a warrior that hasn't even fought someone of a higher caliber? No, of course not. If any of these competitors call themselves warriors, then they must be willing to prove their mettle. Who has the skill, drive, and ruthlessness to prevail! That is all that matters on the field of combat! Anything less than these requirements is nothing short of weakness! Once again, Kakarot, your lack of pride blinds you to the truth!"

"Pride or arrogance?" Scootaloo said. Vegeta shot her a glare, but Scootaloo held firm.

"Didn't you say the princesses requested for you to tone down the 'flexing'? And that you stated how boring that was?" Vegeta counters.

Scootaloo cheeks turned red as she retorted. "They ask me to stop beating my opponents in one shot! I don't go around making other creatures feel weak!"

"See. That's what I'm talking about right there," Spike said. "How is it fair to us that we have to cater to everyone else? If you're worried about boring fights, then let's cut through the amateur hour. Who cares if their feeling is hurt! They should've trained harder!"

"That not fair, Spike, not everyone can have the same training as you," Gohan said.

"So who determines what is fair? Should we go to every single creature from here to earth and make sure they're as strong as Super Saiyan? Or a Namekian. Or maybe the alicorns? Can a human measure up to a fire breathing dragon? No! The fact is you can only work with what you got. There are winners and losers - this is a tournament that decides the best - and I'm here to prove it's me!"

"Ok, ok. Let's calm down for a second here. We all know tournaments can be stressful and competitive. But, we're all still friends here," Krillin said.

"Krillin's right. It's all in good fun, after all," Goku holds his hand out to Spike. "If you have gotten stronger since last time, then I'm looking forward to the rematch!"

"Count on it!" Spike sent Goku a toothy grin as he grips his hand. Goku's smile fell as his eyes widen slightly.

'...This ki...' Goku stares straight into Spike's eyes as a flash of crimson gazes over his emerald pupils. "Spike, your energy is--"

"--Enormous? Yeah, I know,"


"ALRIGHT FIGHT FANS! I.T.'S TIME TO GET THE BALL ROLLING!"

"WE ASK THE ALL THE ADULT COMPETITORS CLEAR OUT FOR THE JUNIORS TO TAKE THEIR SLOTS IN THE BRACKETS,"

Spike breaks away from the hold and approaches Smolder, not noticing the grim expression Goku was wearing. Smolder looks up at Spike as he spoke. "I hope you won't disappoint. After wrecking that machine, I wouldn't be surprised if the weaker ones back out during your matches,"

"That doesn't mean it will be that easy, Spike," Ember said, looking down at Smolder. "Fighting those two will be a challenge for you," She gestures to Goten and Trunks who we're talking to their father's. "It's best if you finish them quickly before they decide to dye their hair yellow,"

Smolder looks conflicted as she spots her friends. "Shouldn't I be worried about my friends too?"

Spike rolls his eyes at the question. "Hardly. You can feel they're power, can't you?" Smolder gives him a hesitant nod. "Good, then crush them all the same," Smolder nods again with more reluctance than before both dragons walked away.

"What's wrong, dad?" Goten asks.

Goku remained silent as he looks from Spike to his youngest son. A bright smile soon replaced his frown as he spoke. "Remember Goten, you and Trunks can't go Super Saiyan,"

"This is so lame! Why can't we compete in the adult division?" Trunks complained.

"Sorry, kiddos, that's just the way it is for now. Be sure to do your best," Gohan said.

"When it comes to Trunks, everyone else's best won't be enough," Vegeta stated.

"Ha, we'll see," Goku said in a challenging tone.

"Master PIccolo!!!" Everyone turns to see a teenage alicorn run up and hug Piccolo's waist.

Piccolo gave Flurry heart a good-natured chuckle. "Hey there, kid. I see you mastered clothing modification,"

"Yep, but convincing my father to let me fight was harder than poofing up my Gi," Flurry Heart gave a small twirl to show off her uniform. It was a replica of Piccolo's Gi minus the shoes.

"Uh, master?" Krillin asked.

"Hey, you took on another student. Why didn't you tell us?" Gohan asks.

"I wanted it to be a surprise. You ready?" Piccolo asked his student.

"I'll make you proud!" Flurry exclaim.

The adult cleared out of the ring as the juniors lined up. Cozy Glow eyed the boy in front of her with great interest. She looks behind her to see Goten was further to the back of the line. And there were four contestants in front of them. Thus, the little had some time to work her magic. "Psst. Hey, are you friends with Goten?"

"Hmm? Yeah, what's it to you?" Trunks asked. He looks back to see a filly with wide sparkling eyes and sweet smile. He flinches slightly before facing forward again.

"I wanted to say hello. I'm Cozy Glow. Goten and I have been training together, but he didn't mention you,"

"The name's Trunks. And I guess Goten was to busy to bring me up,"

"I don't know about that. Goten is super strong already. He didn't need to do much of anything. He told me he's going to beat every creature here!" Trunks let out a grunt of acknowledgment. Cozy frowns at that. "He was serious,"

"So?"

Cozy's eye began to twitch. "I mean, the way he was talking was like he was going to hurt some creature - real badly - including you!"

"Good for him,"

"Aren't you scared? What if Goten got stronger than you?" Cozy may have sounded more frantic than she meant too.

"Nah. I'm a year older than Goten, and we had sparring matches before, which I always won. So, your little plan to get me beat Goten to a pulp doesn't matter,"

Cozy recoils as if Trunks struck her. "What plan? I only wanted to warn you. But, I guess I didn't think you'd be stronger. I hope you will go easy on us weaker fighters,"

"Trying to butter me up so that I'd hold back won't work either," Looking back at Cozy, Trunks wore a smug smirk. "My mother told me about your types. 'The ones with the prettiest face will tell you the sweetest lies.' Or something like that," Trunks turns back around and waves her off as he drew his ballot. "Maybe you should try convincing Goten. He might be dumb enough to believe you,"

Cozy gritted her teeth as her whole face turns red. She stomps past Trunks and drew her ballot in a huff. As she went back, she turns her muzzle toward the air from Trunks as she waits for Goten. Trunks merely shake his head at the frustrated filly. "Hey, Cozy. Is everything ok? You look like mad," Goten asks in concern.

"I am. That Trunks over there is a jerk! He kept saying how every creature here is weaker than him! How he's going to beat everyone to a pulp and sending them home crying!"

"Uh, that doesn't sound like Trunks--"

"He also said that beating you up will be almost as fun as winning,"

"What? That's crazy! I mean, Trunks beat me before, but I'm way stronger now!"

"Are you sure you're stronger?"

"Yeah, just you wait, I'm going to beat the stuffing out of him,"

Cozy turns away with a malicious smile adorning her features. "Good,"

"ALIGHT FIGHT FANS! IT IS TIME FOR OUR FIRST MATCH OF THE JUNIOR DIVISION!!!!"

"EIGHT-YEAR-OLD TRUNKS VS FIFTEEN-YEAR-OLD IDASA OF EARTH! COME ON DOWN!!!"

The two boys stand six feet apart from each other as they standoff. Idasa leers down at Trunks confidently as he spoke. "Oh, man, that's some bad luck there, short stack. You got paired up with me on the first fight. Fate must want you to lose,"

"Uh-huh," Trunks responds with disinterest.

"Whoo! Go get the Trunks!" Bulma cheer from up in the bleachers.

"Oh, dear. That little boy is fighting my Idasa. I knew my son would have an easy time but not this easy," Bulma glares at the portly woman in the red dress. "This fight won't even be a proper warm-up,"

"You're right. Trunks won't even break a sweat," Bulma stated, earning a glare from the woman.

"I wouldn't go shooting your maw before supper time. Trunks down there is plenty strong," Applejack said.

"And that outfit your boy's wearing is garish at best. He looks like a common brute," Rarity stated.

"But, I'm sure he will do fine," Fluttershy said.

"COME ON, TRUNKS, BEAT THE FROSTING OUT OF HIM!!!" Pinkie hollers. She had a big foam finger and a shirt with Trunks' face on it.

"Last chance to start begging for mercy!" Idasa said, cracking his knuckles.

"Sure, go ahead, I'm waiting," Trunks replied with the same bored tone.

"AND BEGIN!!!"

Idasa breaks off into a sprint with his left leg raised high. He closes the distances and kicks out his limb toward Trunks' head. Trunks ducks underneath the kick before it ever connected. Idasa never had a chance to look confused as Trunks sweeps his leg from under him. With a thrust of his left leg, Trunks sends Idasa ten feet into the air before he came crashing down hard on the ground. Trunks grab onto his slash as he walks away from his defeated opponent. He lets out a yawn while the announcers confirm his victory.

"IT LOOKS LIKE THIS YOUNG BOY WILL BE SEEING PRINCESS LUNA A LITTLE EARLY TONIGHT!"

"THE WINNER IS TRUNKS!!!"

"Ouch. That one looked like it stung," Bulma said coyly. The red-headed woman watched on in disbelief as medical officials carried her son away.

Back with the Z warriors, Krillin crosses his arms in disappointment. "I figured as much. Things in the junior will be boring until Goten and Trunks square off,"

"I don't think so, Krillin. Goten and Trunks aren't the only contenders out there," Gohan said.

"TIME FOR THE NEXT FIGHT! SEVEN-YEAR-OLD SON GOTEN VS SIXTEEN YEAR OLD EKOSA!

"MY, MY THERE IS SOMETHING EXTREMELY FAMILIAR ABOUT YOUNG GOTEN HERE. BUT, I CANNOT FATHOM AS TO WHY!"

"So, it looks like you're a celebrity here, huh?" Ekosa said, listening to the cheers for Goten.

"Really?" Goten said as he looks around. Feeling bashful at the cheers, Goten bows his head at the crowd. "I guess,"

"You guess? Ha. Ain't that just like the Hollywood types to look down at everybody. Well, I got news for you. You're going down. You're going wish you stayed home, half-pint,"

"TAKE THE MUNCHKIN DOWN EKOSA!"

"Eh, I'd give him minutes," Rainbow Dash said in a bored tone.

Bulma crosses her arms as she spoke. "He should be so lucky,"

"Oh, I'm sure he'll do his best against Goten," Fluttershy said.

"FIGHTER'S READY? BEGIN!!!"

Ekosa began hopping from side to side with his fists primed for striking. He began shadow boxing the air as Goten watches in curiosity. "Oh, yeah, you see these moves? You ain't got no chance of winning against me!" After a few more punches, Ekosa quickly tires out and starts panting.

"Are you ok?" Goten asks.

That lit a fire under Goten's foe. "Am I ok? That's rich. You're a regular comedian!" Ekosa throws a punched aimed at Goten's face, but the young Saiyan stops it with his index finger. Slightly shocked at this, Ekosa launches a roundhouse kick that Goten blocks with his forearm. "Eh?"

"Come on, stop messing around,"

"FISTS ARE FLYING, BUT THEY'RE HITTING NOTHING BUT AIR! YOUNG GOTEN IS CERTAINLY PROVING HIS METTLE!!!"

Ekosa pulls back as he resumes his hopping. "Ok, so you ain't half bad, but let's see you stop this!!!" Ekosa attacks with a marriage of punches and kicks. However, Goten blocks all of them with the greatest of ease.

"Is that it? That's all you can do? I'm getting bored," Goten threw one straight punch to Ekosa chin, causing him to stagger back. He stayed on his feet for a before falling on his back unconscious. Goten gives his opponent a polite bow of respect.

"OH MY, THIS BOY IS OUT COLD!" The ring announcer said, "GOTEN ADVANCES TO THE NEXT ROUND!!!"

"Wow, I blinked and it was over," Rainbow said.

"I imagine all the matches will go like this," Rarity observed.

"Oh my, at least he put in a lot of effort," Fluttershy said.

The red-head woman grinds her teeth in frustration. She lets out a shrill cry as she charges the nearest person. Which, unfortunately, was Fluttershy. However, the woman never reached the timid pegasus. Chi-Chi stood up and thrust her fist into the disgruntled woman's face, knocking her out. Chi-Chi wipes her hands as everyone gave her a baffled look. "What? Who do you think taught him?"

Up in the royal both, the other ruler's sat in bewilderment. "My word. If I didn't know that was the ambassador's son, I would've believed Son Goku shrunk himself," Queen Puff stated.

"A most striking resemblance one can say. The hair is a dead give away," Chief Zomboiyay said. Queen Rain Shine nods in agreement.

"What are your predictions for the upcoming battles?" Luna asks.

"The grey-haired kid got this in the bag," Gilda stated.

"No support for Gallus, Gilda?" King Feather Claw said.

"Gallus got some git, but he hasn't been fighting like these kids,"

"There are so many potential winners, but Goten seems like the favorite amongst the girls," Twilight said.

"I will make no such claims, Luna. Goten is not the only exceptional foal down there. Many of the participates had the best training from the likes of Gohan and Scootaloo," Celestia stated.

"Not to mention young Flurry Heart's entry," Luna pursued her lips. "It is a tough call to be certain,"

"I hope she is ready for this," Cadence said in concern. Shining Armor grumbles softly at that. "Enough of that, Shining Armor, Flurry Heart isn't a child anymore,"

"I'm interested in our students to progress," Twilight said. "I'll be intrigued to see I they reached the same level as Scootaloo did,"

"No matter the result down there, we should try our best to remain impartial!" Shining Armor stated.


"FOR OUR NEXT FIGHT, THIRTEEN-YEAR-OLD PRINCESS FLURRY HEART OF THE CRYSTAL EMPIRE VS FIFTEEN-YEAR-OLD YONA OF YAKYAKISTAN! WHICH OF THESE TITANS OF THE TUNDRA WILL PREVAIL!!!"

The yaks of the audience immediately began pounding their hooves to the ground, causing the whole Colosseum to shake. Up in the royal booth, Prince Rutherford was rivaling the Royal Canterlot Voice in volume. "GO YONA! SMASH TINY PONY FILLY!!!"

"DO YOUR BEST SWEETIE!!!" Cadence said.

"BEGIN!!!"

Yona charges at Flurry Heart as the filly alicorn awaits her. She ducks underneath a hook from the yak with no issue. However, Flurry's eyes bulged out when she felt the shock wave push her back. She was unable to get her footing in time and fell to the ground. Yona lifts her hooves and starts stomping at the prone filly. Flurry Heart rolled at the way, Yona picked up the pace. Yona's footfalls were heavy, echoing throughout the arena, leaving an imprint on the earth at each step. Flurrypushes herself off the ground and into the air. But, her short reprieve ended when Yona chased after her. The yaks' massive hands came down on the alicorn with an overhead strike. Flurry blocks in time, but the force slams her back to the arena floor. Yona brought her fists down, but Flurry sprang up and caught her wrist. The ground beneath the two caves in from the impact. Flurry grits her teeth from the strain. Yona was a full taller and welding more physical strength than her.

"OUR TWO COMBATANTS ARE LOCK IN A CONTEST OF STRENGTH, BUT PRINCESS FLURRY HEART IS LOSING GROUND!!!"

"ONE HAS TO ASK IF THE CUSHY LIFE OF A PRINCESS IS A DETERMENT AT THIS POINT. CAN FLURRY HEART MAKE A REBOUND?"

"Little pony should quit. Yona can move snow banks bigger than princess pony!"

"Oh, yeah?" Flurry challenged. Flurry takes one step between Yona's leg and throws her hands upwards. Thus, breaking their grapple. She quickly grips Yona by the tufts of her thick fur and shoulder tosses the yak away. Yona landed a few feet away from her with a heavy thud. She shakes off the cobwebs as Flurry stands tall. "Part of my training was moving T-rex like that!"

"YEAH, THAT MY GIRL!!! KEEP YOUR PACE AND USE HER SIZE AGAINST HER!!!" Shining Armor cheered.

Twilight shot her brother a sly look. "What happened to be impartial?"

Shining coughs into his hand. "Yes, the match is going well for both of them,"

Prince Rutherford lets a belly laugh while slapping Shining in his back. "Pony prince is free to cheer for his daughter. Yak and pony down there need to know we support them. Yaks supporting yaks make all yaks stronger. So, pony should do the same!" The royals smiled down at the Yak princes' simple, yet insightful words. "GO YONA!! sHOW THE STRENGTH OF THE YAK!!!"

Yona stands back up while snorting at her mane. She closes her eyes as her hair begins to float. Her body soon follows as she rises from the ground. Yona tries to stable herself, but her arms and legs start to flail. Everyone looks on with confusion and concern. "WHAT AN UNPRECEDENTED TURN OF EVENTS FOLKS. YOUNG YONA HAS TAKEN TO THE AIR!"

"NOT SO FAST MY FELLOW COMMENTATOR. IT LOOKS LIKE YONA IS OFFBALANCE AND IS NOW SPINNING IN PLACE!"

"Whoa. Whoa. Whoa!!!" Yona yelled as her speed kept increasing until she became a blur. Dust and grim flew away from the sphere while Flurry Heart shields herself. A moment later, Yona shot out like a cannonball at the teenage alicorn. Flurry gasps in horror as she jumps to safety. Yona sails past her, heading straight for the barrier. However, before she went out of bounds, Yona bounced off the air with a burst of Ki. Flurry had no chance to defend this time as Yona clips her left wing. The Yak bounces off the air again and hits Flurry's right shoulder. Yona rebounds yet again while striking Flurry's back, causing her to spin uncontrollably.

"THINGS ARE LOOK BAD FOR THE CRYSTAL PRINCESS. YONA HAS MORPHED HERSELF INTO A PINGPONG BALL OF DOOM, USING FLURRY HEART AS THE PADDLE AS SHE DARTS BACK AND FORTH!!!"

"IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE SHE WILL LAST MUCH LONGER HERE FIGHT FANS!"

Flurry Heart grunted in pain after another pass from Yona. Her body was sore, but she knew she could keep going. Her wings took the brunt of Yona's attack as she shields herself. They throbbed in pain, but it gives Flurry some breathing room. Yona rebounds off the air again, only this time, Flurry had acclimated. Flurry waits for the perfect moment before she bats away her opponent. Flaring her magic, Flurry teleports in from of Yona's trajectory and hits her again. Soon the teenage alicorn had the teenage yak at her mercy. She hits Yona high into the air before teleporting above her. Flurry floated upside down before striking Yona back to the arena with a scissors kick. The impact rocked the Colosseum as a massive dust cloud billows from the crash site. Flurry Heart gently floats down as the dust settles. The clearing smog of dust reveals Yona sprawled out on her back. Dirt and debris settled into her thick coat, but she was mostly unharmed. However, her pupils spun around in swirls as she mumbles incoherently.

"Y-Yona smash little pony princess-- Oof!" She groaned before passing out.

"AMAZING FIGHT FANS. THE CRYSTAL PRINCESS MANAGED TO TURN THE TABLES AGAINST YONA. NOW YONA'S HAD A BIT OF A DIZZY SPELL. TIME TO START THE COUNT1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!!! THE WINNER IS PRINCESS FLURRY HEART OF THE CRYSTAL EMPIRE!!!"

"Hmm, I guess Yona still needs my practice flying," Gohan stated.

"Yeah, that technique she used was awesome! I didn't think her wings could take all that punishment," Scootaloo said.

"With her wings being so big, I thought it best to strengthen them as much as possible. I think she could split a mountain with them now," Piccolo said with a smirk.

Up in the royal booth, Prince Rutherford sits in a huff as he grumbles in displeasure. In contrast, Shining Armor was hooting and hollering at his daughter's victory. It wasn't until a cough from Cadence got him to settle down. "Yona did well," Shining said sheepishly.

Prince Rutherford grumbled but nodded all the same. "Yes, tiny pony daughter fought like a true yak. It is a good day for pony and yak!" Shining Armor offered his hand, but Yak prince pulled him into a bear hug.

"Ok, we can stop hugging now,"


"It looks like Smolder is next," Ember noted.

"Then this fight will be over quick. We should go to the concession stands for some gem cakes," Spike said.

"We should see her progress,"

"Why bother? We know the result of this fight," Spike gestures to the minotaur bull and Smolder facing each other. "More importantly, she knows not to lose to the chumps. If I have to sit through hatchlings roughhousing with the big drakes, then I'm getting some popcorn,"

Ember watches as Spike walks off. She shakes her head and looks back at Smolder. The little drakina was staring back at her and Spike with a look of confusion. Ember held her look of indifference, but couldn't ignore the subtle ache each in her heart when she followed after Spike. A feeling of hurt took hold in Smolder before she pressed it down. She turned back to her opponent with a hard glare as the announcers finished their speech about her. It was talking about how she was the student of the former runner-up in the first tournament. That irked her to hear about Spike. All she heard about Spike was that he was a stand-up drake, and hero of the Crystal Empire. The creatures here didn't know the Spike she knows now. The announcers gave the signal and the minotaur charges at her. Smolder glared even harder as the bull's horns came closer. She catches the horns mere inches from her face. The minotaur struggles hard against her grip, but Smolder held firm.

"Hey! Let go!" The bull grunted. Smolder responded by squeezing harder, causing the bone to crack. "H-Hey quit it! I-I give up--

Smolder shafts the minotaur above her head as the crowd becomes awestruck. The minotaur was three times her size, and yet, he appeared weightless above the smaller Drakina's head. Smolder looks dead into the minotaur's eyes as his panic grew. She was sure the announcer's said his name at some point, but she didn't care. All she could hear was her great master's word. "Crush them!" The panic in the minotaurs' eyes briefly morphs into bafflement at Smolder's words. "That's what my master said to do to any creature I fight today. Everyone thinks he's so great, but to me..." Smolder slams her opponent on the ground in front of her without letting go. She rears back her left leg and berries her knee into the minotaurs snout. The force causes the bull's horns to snap in two as blood leaked from his nostrils. The audience became stunned into silence as smolder observe her handiwork. There was no doubt that the bull was out cold. "...He's a great big jerk!"

PreviousChapters Next