• Published 10th Mar 2019
  • 732 Views, 15 Comments

Prognosticus Ultima: A Romance of Many Worlds - Cipher800



An alternate path to Super Paper Mario takes form when Count Bleck targets several different worlds. Things will never be the same after that.

  • ...
7
 15
 732

Welcome to Flipside

“Pst!” a voice sprayed, jolting Twilight into consciousness. “Pst! Hey kid!” it said, a little louder than it was before. It was obviously male, and had an accent in it. “We do not have much time left, you must wake up.”

“Spike, if you are pranking me, then…” Twilight looked around her surroundings. “Wait, where am I?” she asked as she got up and groaned, rubbing her head before going into a sitting position. “This isn’t my castle!” She was right, as she was in a forest, surrounded by trees. Nothing was near her, besides a strange bird with teeth. “What is this place?”

“Good. You woke up. I was instructed to find you, Twilight Sparkle.” Twilight Sparkle began looking around to find the source of the voice. “Um, you want to look for the trees, you can’t see me from on the ground.”

“JUST REVEAL YOURSELF ALREADY!” Twilight shouted in the Royal Canterlot Voice, causing the trees to shake in response. “Who are you… who are you?”

“I thought you would know where I am, but, okay, no need to be cranky about it.” the voice said as the bird fluttered towards Twilight, right at eye level. “Oh, hi there.”

“EEP!” Twilight jumped back, looking at the bird. “Isn’t this supposed to be Fluttershy’s ability to talk to animals, or is this just a… wait, it is a dream!” Twilight suddenly bore a crazy grin on her face. “In fact, I might still be asleep after that incident with Cozy Glow a few hours back and-” The bird just pecked her eye.

“Okay, this is real, it’s not a dream, can we go now?” the bird asked.

“Alright… I guess.” Twilight muttered, rubbing her eye as she attempted to get up, only to fall onto her rump again before doing a second, successful attempt. “But who are you?”

“My name is Alex. It means ‘ridiculously handsome bird’. Follow me!” Alex said as he took flight and went to her right. Twilight just sighed and decided to follow along the strange bird into the forest, having a feeling that she had no other choice in the manner.

It felt like eternity going through the woods, but it was only fifteen minutes, and in no time at all, they had reached a temple-like structure on top of a hill. “Alright, so, I guess that this is where we’re heading…” Twilight said as Alex nodded in response.

She carefully went across the path and went into the temple, but not before giving a knock on the door. Twilight carefully backed up and sat as Alex perched on her shoulder. The door soon opened to reveal a seven-eyed being wearing a dress.

“Greetings, Princess Twilight Sparkle, I’ve been expecting you.” the alien said in a clearly female voice. “I am Jheselbraum the Unwavering, the-”

“What, you’re THE Oracle?” Twilight said as she suddenly got to her feet and bowed like the animals in The Lion King did, spreading her wings as she did.

“Yes, I am.” Jheselbraum replied. “Now, come inside.” Twilight obliged to her objective and walked into the door, Alex still perched onto her shoulder. “I have instructed Alex to find you because something dire is coming upon the multiverse.”

“Wait, it can’t be Bill Cipher, can’t it?” Twilight asked, her pupils shrinking. Jheselbraum bore an unamused look on her face. “He’s gonna cause-”

“Twilight, Bill has been dead for nine months by now.” Jheselbraum walked to the window and gazed out into space. “No, the Dark Prognosticus is stronger than Bill, Aku, and Discord at their combined heights multiplied by an infinite root thrice. Every world across all eleven dimensions is at stake, and every being, including the Axolotl, including the Q Continuum.”

“It’s just eleven universes? That’s not too bad.” Twilight said, a smile slowly spreading to her face, but what Jheselbraum said brang everything to light.

“Dimension and universe are not the same thing, little one. The multiverse is much bigger than an infinite set of universes. A dimension is an axis of movement, like length, width, and heighth, and time is also a dimension.” Twilight tilted her head in confusion. “There are infinite sets of infinity in the multiverse, and infinite sets of those on top of that, and there are eleven dimensions in total.” Jheselbraum spoke in a sad, yet calm tone. “My people thought that the Dark Prognosticus was sealed, but it appears it is back. The prophecy was never to come true, but fortunately, there is a counter.”

Twilight, at first, looked a bit sad, but she began to smile at the thought of a counter.

“Four heroes: a moustached plumber in red, a blonde princess with a pink dress, a turtle king of green, yellow, and red, and a plumber dressed up in green. These four heroes can reverse the prophecy, but in order to do so, they must gather eight relics in order to defeat the monstrosity.”

“But how does this have to do with me?” Twilight asked. “How do I play a role in this, and what about the bird? Is he supposed to be yours?” she said, pointing a hoof at the Alexornis.

“Because you are going to help round them together, and, I have the first of these relics in my hands in case it did happen.” Jheselbraum pulled out a large, red heart made of light that pulsated energy. “This is one of the eight Pure Hearts. My mother kept it here, and her mother did as well. Now, our time with this relic has come to an end. You are to give this heart to an old colleague of mine at Flipside, or the hero, if he is there.”

Jheselbraum looked towards the bird. “As for Alex, he will be accompanying you throughout this journey. He does not belong to me. Oh, and someone else is here as well.” At her words, a small human child with yellow skin and brown hair walked in, wearing a blue shirt with purple stripes and some jeans. Despite having seemingly closed eyes, Twilight could tell that this child was looking at her.

“This child’s name is Frisk Dreemurr. Take her to her proper family, or at least a close friend until she can be with her family again.”

“H-Hi…” Frisk said, waving a hand to say hello.

“For now, she will be accompanying you on your journey until she could find her adoptive parents. I may be sounding crazy by putting a child out in the world, but this one is a very special girl, Twilight.” Jheselbraum explained.

“Well then, how do we go to Flipside?” Twilight asked.

“You will be there, but first, take these.” Jheselbraum handed Twilight some saddlebags and handed Frisk a backpack, both strapped them onto their backs, with Twilight adjusting them so her wings can go over them. “These bags will allow you to hold supplies during the duration of your trip, but now, it is time. Close your eyes, and count backwards from five.”

“Wait, bug break.” Alex said, spotting a nearby bug and catching it with his beak, scarfing it down in one bite. “Gotcha! Okay, now we can go.” he said as he closed his eyes. Twilight followed second, and then Frisk being the third and final.

“Five… four… three… .two… one!”

Their eyes opened to find themselves in a town. “Where are we now?” Twilight asked as they looked around. “So, this is Flipside, isn’t it?” Twilight said, noting the town in the middle of a kaleidoscope of dark colors, and another dark purple vortex, although tiny, was still visible.

“Greetings, young ones.” a voice said, causing all three to turn around to see an elderly figure in a blue robe. “I am Merlon, the colleague of Jheselbraum. Welcome to Flipside.”

Author's Note:

I have something coming up, so, yeah, took me long enough.

But, I'm still accepting ideas for worlds.

Comments ( 4 )

Why isn't anyone coming?

Wow, this fandom isn't dead, that's so cool because this is a really great game! :pinkiesmile:

Super Paper Mario is my favorite Wii game. In fact, I’m playing it right now

This story is really cute! If your still taking suggestions then maybe She-ra

Login or register to comment