• Published 21st Nov 2018
  • 803 Views, 41 Comments

A "Fun" Little Game - DubstepIsAmazing



Nopony will die. They'll just get hurt. Really, really badly.

  • ...
2
 41
 803

Anarchy

"I don't think that's a challenge you want to accept," Pinkamena said, trotting closer.

Still on guard, Spike expected the worst. "And why is that?"

She chuckled. "Look at us. Two beings who have more power than we originally thought possible. Pinkie's power can't be explained; no one, not even us know where it came from. But you...it just took a little push for you to embrace the power of a dragon."

"What's your point?" he asked.

"Don't you wanna take your strength on a test run?"

"What do you think I'm about to do?"

She rolled her eyes.

"I mean outside of this world that Discord made. You've seen what your friends truly think about dragons. Don't you wanna get them back?"

Spike was reluctant to answer.

"You've gone through too much without any sort of respect whatsoever. Sure, you get some thank yous, but never consistently. You're physically abused, ignored, and disregarded most of the time. You said it yourself; the Mane Six don't care about you. Not even Twilight, your so-called 'sister' cares about you. They've been lying to you for a long time!"

Looking down, Spike began to consider what she said. She hadn't been lying yet; it seemed that everypony that he believed he was close to was actually either against him or didn't care for him at all.

"How do you know that they didn't lie about where you came from as well?" she asked.

"I...I...don't know..." Spike muttered.

"That's my point! Here you have ponies that couldn't care less about you and see you as a nuisance, and this is your chance to finally get some sweet revenge!"

What Twilight told him two days prior to that point began to ring in his ear: would he be willing to destroy his relationships that he's spent years making just so he can fit into something that didn't even make his species look good? Alternatively, would he be willing to go an even longer time as a punching bag for everypony in town?

"Well? What do you think?"

"I think I'll deal with that bridge when I encounter it."

Pinkamena chuckled. "For all you know, this is your only chance. Remember, if I win, you die."

"That's a risk I'll have to take."

"Are you sure?" she asked, a grin slowly appearing on her face.

"Yep."

She looked down. "Shame. A real shame," she said, "Now...let me turn that frown of yours upside-down."

LSB

"What have we done," Twilight breathed, "Do you know what this could mean when we get back?"

"Unfortunately, yes," Celestia said, "I'm already working on getting Pinkie Pie into a mental health asylum. She seems to have severe MPD."

Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom approached.

"What's goin' on? What'll happen to Spike?" Apple Bloom asked.

"We don't know, sugarcube," Applejack answered, "We're at a crossroads here."

"The way I see it, we have two possible outcomes here, both bad," Discord noted, "If Pinkamena wins, Spike dies, but she'll be free to terrorize the denizens of Ponyville at whim. Alternatively, if Spike wins, Pinkie will get help so desperately needed, but we may have to end up stopping Spike from hurting others. For that to happen, we'll have to hurt him."

Twilight could barely contain her sorrows as Celestia placed a feather around her.

"This is exactly what I didn't want to happen," she said, "I never imagined a day where Spike could become a legitimate threat to all of our safety."

"This is bad. Really bad," Rainbow said, "What can we do?"

"For now," Luna said, "We can just hope that he neutralizes Pinkamena and we'll go from there."

"We automatically return to Ponyville once the last contender is eliminated," Discord reminded everyone, "We arrive exactly one second after we originally left. Virtually nothing changes in that world."

The CMCs gathered in front of the screen where everyone was watching, dreading the moment where they will have to choose between two friends.

Meanwhile...

Spike wasted no time. He charged at Pinkamena, claws unsheathed, to try to finish this in one go. What he didn't remember, however, was that Pinkie alone was faster than anypony on land. Easily dodging his attack, she stomped the ground twice.

"Balloons, anyone?" she asked.

Right on cue, the ground shook as balloons of every color slowly began to rise. Spike stopped and looked at the multitude of them, not sure what they were for. Looking at his foe, he noticed that her tail was twitching rapidly.

"Crap!"

Something was about to fall. In this case, many things were. As if on cue, every balloon popped, and what was inside each one made him go pale. Inside each balloon was about twenty icicles that fell the second each balloon popped. And Spike was under twenty balloons. But what was odd was that once the balloons popped and the icicles fell...they began to hone in on him.

Oh boy. He thought.

Quickly flying around the circle, Spike tried to get some of the icicles off of him by flying in the path of various trees, rocks, and other natural features of the forest. Pinkamena giggled.

"You know," she called, "This can all stop if you just team up with me. We can rule Equestria together!"

Dodging another one of Spike's scratch attacks, she received her answer.

"No? Suit yourself!"

Stomping on the ground once more, several large party cannons began to protrude from the ground. Successfully dodging the last of the icicles, Spike aimed an inferno towards Pinkamena, who vanished once the flames got close.

"Oh no," Spike muttered as he began to fly at high speed. He had no idea where she was, all he knew was that she defied laws of nature and physics on a regular basis. At that point, the cannons were in the air and slowly flipped towards the ground. Spike began to breathe fire towards the ground to give her incentive to stay away from it.

"If I set it on fire, I can limit her options in terms of where she can go," he muttered, before breathing flames on each tree that surrounded the clearing. His goal was to get her to stay in the clearing where he can see her.

"Alright, alright, looking good, looking gOO--"

Pinkamena had attacked from above, tackling him towards the enflamed ground. Turning towards her, he was met with a mere flick that sent him crashing down to the grounds. Once he hit the ground, a crater formed instantly. The smoke from the fire began to form into a large black cloud.

Struggling to get up, he saw Pinkamena fabricate in front of him.

"This won't end well for you, Spike," she said, before hitting him with a backhoof. "All you gotta do is submit."

Now infuriated, when Pinkamena prepared another backhand, he was able to catch it and landed a scratch on the cheek, knocking her back a bit. Feeling her cheek, she was surprised to see blood trickling down her hoof. From Spike's view, there were three claw marks right underneath her eye. Gritting her teeth, she frowned.

"Enough games," she screamed, "That was your last chance."

Charging towards him, the pink pony let out a blood-curdling shriek as she threw multiple punches towards the dragon, with each one having enough force behind it to knock down a building. Fortunately for Spike, each one missed. He tried going airborne, but she simply bit his tail and sent him back down. Yelping in pain, he desperately looked for a way out.

"Now," she said with his tail between her teeth, "I'm going to make sure you never get up."

Positioning her hoof above his back, Spike frantically searched for a solution.

I got it! he thought, sharpening the edges on his back.

When Pinkamena pushed her hoof down, instead of hearing the crack of his spine, she heard her own screams as his normally rounded edges on his back were replaced with jagged edges. Tumbling over, she grabbed her hoof.

"Owowowowowowow," she moaned, as a fresh wound replaced the bottom of her left hoof.

Spike instantly rushed her; grabbing her throat, he delivered another scratch, this time, to her second cheek. Afterwards he slammed her to the ground and unleashed an unrelenting flamethrower from his mouth.

I'm gonna help you, Pinkie! Don't worry!

"OOF!"

Through the flames, Pinkie landed another punch, directly to his nose, which sent him to the other side of the crater. As blood dripped past his lips and onto his chest, he looked at Pinkie struggle to her hooves with murder in her eyes. Her face was now a charred black; her hair had green remnants of fire in some places, but otherwise, it looked the same.

"You think this is funny? YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME? I'LL END YOU!" she screamed, before the party cannons all aimed towards Spike. As he looked up, she charged and pinned him to the ground.

"When this is over," she seethed, "I'll kill you...but first...I'll kill your friends...and make you watch them die."

He began to saw a light blue emanate from the cannon.

"I presume...ugh!...those are ice beams?"

"Ice beams? HA! I wish!" she said, "Those beams up there will disintegrate you upon impact! You lose, we all go home, and I begin my slaugter. Everyone wins!"

She stopped.

"Wait, no. I WIN."

"Sounds good to me," Spike cried as he threw a clawful of boiling dirt into Pinkamena's eyes.

"AAAAGH!!!" she screamed, freeing Spike once again.

Spike grabbed her by the tail and dragged her to the flames that engulfed the outside of the crater before throwing her in.

"NO! FIRE! FIRE NOW!!" she screamed before Spike pushed her head into the flame.

Fade away, fade away, fade away!!

The cries of Pinkamena were drowned by the sound of the party cannons firing, aiming towards him. He could see Pinkamena begin to turn light blue, signifying her beginning to teleport to the LSB.

"NO!!!!!"

Spike felt the immense coldness of the party cannons' blasts beginning to approach. Pinkamena was almost gone! The head was left. Spike looked into her ice-blue eyes.

"How's this for a smile?" he asked, giving her the biggest grin he could muster. The blasts were mere feet from him.

Pinkamena frowned.

"I can’t wait to see you suffer,” she said as the last of her evaporated into the sky.

The coolness that the blasters had disappeared with the beams. The party cannons vanished as the divot began to refill. The clouds began to produce a heavy rain, extinguishing the flames.

Spike sighed. He had won Discord's game.

LSB

Pinkie entered with tears running down her face.

"I'm sorry," she screamed, "I didn't wanna do it, I swear!"

"We know," Celestia said, "When we get home, we're giving you the help you need."

Pinkie embraced Twilight with howls of pain as Discord snapped his fingers, taking them all back to Fluttershy's house.

Fluttershy's House

The first thing Twilight did when they arrived was tackle Spike and embrace him with the biggest hug she had ever given him.

"SPIKE," she screamed as water flowed down her face, "I'M SORRY. I'M SO SO SO SORRY THAT I TREATED YOU LIKE THIS..."

"..."

"I'm sorry too," Rainbow said, "Rest assured, I wouldn't want to be treated like that."

"Agreed," Luna said, looking away.

"I owe you an apology as well," Celestia said, "You're no annoyance, Spike. You're an amazing friend, and one that we wouldn't want to get rid of."

Everyone nodded in agreement. Spike looked at Twilight. For the first time, she felt fear when looking into his emerald eyes.

"Funny how all of this comes out when I seem to pose a threat," he said in a quivering voice, "Why would any of you even think this in the first place?"

No one spoke.

"The silence is deafening," he said, "It seems like a small portion of you actually know what friendship is! I know the Crusaders do! I know Applejack does! Pinkie Pie does! Even Discord!"

"Spike, look, we all feel bad," Fluttershy said, placing a hoof on his shoulder, "But we want to make it right!"

"Do you? Do you really?" he asked with a hint of skepticism.

She nodded. He looked at everyone and began to think of what could happen if they were serious about reconciling with him. Everyone had hopes that not all was lost. There was still a chance for a happy ending. Then he looked at Pinkie Pie. Even though she was back to normal, he could still hear Pinkamena.

Kill them...kill them all...

"Spike...do you remember what I said two days ago? Do you want to be feared by everyone...just because you're not what you should be?"

Spike shook his head.

"No."

She breathed a sigh of relief.

"Because it has nothing to do with that. This has to do with the fact that everyone, including my sister, doesn't even care about me," he said as his claws unsheathed.

YES! DO IT! DO IT, NOW!

"Spi--Spike?" Twilight asked, fearing what would happen next.

Luna, aware of what was to come, hit him with a sleeping spell, instantly neutralizing him. But it was too late.

Everypony gasped as Twilight stumbled back. She felt blood from a gash on her face running down her cheek.

"No..." Twilight whispered as Celestia grabbed her and flew her away. Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo followed them at high speed as Applejack and Rarity comforted the other two Crusaders at what they witnessed.

Fluttershy was in shock. Discord was at a loss for words.

"I...I never meant for this to happen," he insisted, "I just wanted to show you all what--"

"I know," she said, "But it did...what happened wasn't in your control."

"I'm sorry, Fluttershy..."

She looked at him. "I know you are."

"I'm not."

Discord's eyes turned into slits and Fluttershy spun around to see Pinkamena take control of Pinkie's body.

"I fully intend to finish what I started. Starting with you, Fluttershy," she said.

"Let me handle--"

"No," Fluttershy said, "A true, true friend helps a friend in need. Pinkie's in trouble, so I'll help."

Luna approached her.

"Are you sure? You saw what happened to Spike."

Fluttershy nodded. "I'll bring her to the asylum right away. Discord, you go with Applejack and Rarity. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"But--"

"GO! It'll be alright," Fluttershy reassured with a soft smile. Discord reluctantly followed Luna, Applejack, Rarity, and their sisters away from the area as Fluttershy stared down Pinkamena.

"He'll never see you again."

"Yes he will," she answered with a cold voice, "I'll personally make sure of it."

"Allow me to dismantle your confidence."

Author's Note:

The first chapter of the next story will be up at some point in the future. I don't know when, but I've been churning out one or two chapters of this a day, and I'm kind of exhausted.

Thanks for reading, though.

Comments ( 6 )

Couldn’t really think of any other dramatic last words. I’ll try something else.

Edit: There. Fixed it.

Discord's eyes turned into slits and Fluttershy spun around to see Pinkamena take control of Pinkie's body.

"I fully intend to finish what I started. Starting with you, Fluttershy," she said.

"Let me handle--"

"No," Fluttershy said, "A true, true friend helps a friend in need. Pinkie's in trouble, so I'll help."

Luna approached her.

"Are you sure? You saw what happened to Spike."

Fluttershy nodded. "I'll bring her to the asylum right away. Discord, you go with Applejack and Rarity. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"But--"

"GO! It'll be alright," Fluttershy reassured with a soft smile. Discord reluctantly followed Luna, Applejack, Rarity, and their sisters away from the area as Fluttershy stared down Pinkamena.

"He'll never see you again."

"Yes he will," she answered with a cold voice, "I'll personally make sure of it."

"Allow me to dismantle your confidence."

So.....this is what you meant.

9312485
It might be a while before this story is over

Well all hell's breaking loose.

I never ment for this to happen

Yeah because I'm sure that inviting a bunch of friends who just got off of a emotionally volatile situation, three innocent children, a dragon has recently experienced trauma and is coming off a depression and due to heavily exaggerated treatment he receives from his friends, the princesses and yourself to a game where you kill each other in a free-for-all fight to the death wont leave any lasting emotional scars or hurt feelings between each other. :derpytongue2: :pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment