• Published 21st Nov 2018
  • 804 Views, 41 Comments

A "Fun" Little Game - DubstepIsAmazing



Nopony will die. They'll just get hurt. Really, really badly.

  • ...
2
 41
 804

Predictions

LSB
For the first time all day, not much was going on in the arena. Apple Bloom was still in her original position, sniffling. Scootaloo walked slowly, not caring who she encountered. Spike had just began his battle with Luna. Rarity was talking with Sweetie Belle. Pinkie Pie was sobbing loudly at what she had done.

Twilight and Celestia were still displeased at what Sweetie Belle had admitted. Rainbow Dash, Discord, Applejack, and Fluttershy were at the bar drinking multiple glasses of apple cider. Not much was going on in the arena, but there wasn't exactly order in the Loser's Booth either. Rainbow Dash was on her fifth pint of apple cider and was getting more drunk by the minute.

"wHy..." she howled, "wHy'D i HaVe tO aCt ThAt wAy tOwArDs ScOoTaLoO?"

Falling to the floor, she began to roll around in clear emotional pain. Applejack, who had drunk about ten pints of cider, was perfectly sober. Helping Rainbow Dash up, she gave her a sad smile.

"Ah think that's enough cider for you, Rainbow," she said, "Maybe you should go sit down."

Cross-eyed, Rainbow looked at her with water pouring down her face.

"B--But Sc--*burp*--Scootaloo...she's been thuh--through too much alrEAdy! She th--thinks I hate hEr!"

"I'm sure she doesn't think that, sugarcube."

Rainbow frowned. "Easy for youuuuuu to say, Applecrrrrrrack...your sisterrrrr loves you no maaaaatter what," she said, putting her hoof on Applejack's hat on the last word.

"Alright, that's enough," Fluttershy ordered, grabbing Rainbow's other hoof, "You should sit down and watch the rest of the game."

"No," Rainbow cried, thrashing everywhere, "I can't bear to see her again! Not after what I said! Not after how I treated her! PLEASE!"

"You'll have the chance to apologize following the game's conclusion," Discord said.

"I can't wait that long!!" Rainbow screamed before Twilight surrounded her in a bubble that was soundproof from the outside.

"There," Twilight said, annoyed, "Now she can scream all she wants."

Applejack felt terrible. She'd never seen Rainbow this upset. Although she couldn't hear, she could tell that the pegasus was screaming for Scootaloo. As she burst into a flood of tears, Applejack looked away. Apple Bloom was finally on the move. Discord snapped his fingers, returning Sweetie Belle.

"..."

Head hung low, she walked over to the bed and laid down, refusing to face anyone. She felt Twilight's and Celestia's gaze burning into her head. Guilt overcame her easily; for all she knew, her experimenting with spells got someone hurt, or even worse! She just didn't want to go around knowing nothing about magic. It was one of those scenarios where you do the wrong thing for the right reason. When she confessed to Rarity, as expected, her sister took their side. She reiterated the multiple scenarios where Twilight ordered the fillies to not go into that room for any reason unless either she or the princesses are already in there or gave them explicit permission to be in there. Although Rarity was much more calm about it, the disappointment was evident in her voice. In addition, it stung worse than when Twilight and Celestia scolded her about it. Before she came back, Rarity told her sister that she would have to talk with Twilight and Celestia about an appropriate punishment.

Once again, no matter how many promises she kept, it seemed that her words and constant apologies meant nothing.

"Sweetie Belle, are you going to watch the fights with us?" Discord asked.

"No," she answered, burying her head deeper into a pillow.

"Suit yourself. I believe that brings me to a question that no one has given me an answer to."

All eyes (except Sweetie Belle's) were now on Discord.

"Who do you think is going to win?"

"Luna," Celestia growled, "She's more experienced in magic than any of the current contenders. I'd be surprised if she loses."

"Okay, that's one vote for Luna."

"I vote Pinkie Pie," Fluttershy answered, "Luna may have magic, but Pinkie has unpredictability and illogic."

"I have faith in Apple Bloom," Applejack said confidently, "She's resourceful."

"Against a grown Alicorn princess?" Celestia asked with a smile.

"Yep," Applejack said.

"Well, I second Pinkie Pie," Twilight agreed, "She has way too much going for her in terms of randomness."

"So that's two for Pinkie Pie, one for Apple Bloom, one for Luna. Sweetie Belle, what say you?"

"Who are my options?"

"Those that everyone just mentioned, Spike, Scootaloo, and Rarity."

She looked at everyone before turning away. She had an option between a dragon, a close friend, and her sister.

"Spike," she whispered, blushing.

"What?"

"SCOOTALOO!" She said, "I vote Scootaloo."

Rainbow nodded at her and pointed at Sweetie Belle to signify her agreement with her.

"So, two for Scootaloo. That leaves me. I personally think that Rarity could win this one. You saw what she did to Twilight. She has a good eye."

Twilight rolled her eyes.

"Wow. No one chose Spike," she said, looking down.

"From the looks of things, Spike may actually have a chance! Look..." Celestia said in awe. On the television screen, Spike and Luna looked like they were evenly matched. Trading blows constantly, it looked like it wouldn't take much more for one of them to faint.

Meanwhile...

"WOAH!"

Spike nimbly flew around an onslaught of beams coming from Luna. Each one, upon impact, completely decimated its target. Unsheathing his claws, he tried to get up close, but Luna dodged.

"JUST FALL ALREADY," she screamed, "You little PEST!"

That stopped Spike dead in his tracks. He still dodged the last beam, but there was something that hurt him even more than any attack. He looked at his dragonsitter, in astonishment at what she just called him. With teeth still gnashed, she pointed her horn towards him.

"A...pest?" he asked in a quivering voice. Luna stopped as she realized what she just called him. Like Rainbow, she took consideration of the history that name had with dragons. It was especially personal regarding Spike, who had been called the name when he tried his hardest, yet still fell short.

"Spike...I...I didn't mean--"

"No. You did," he whispered, brokenhearted, "Everypony does. Everypony calls me that name. Rarity, Rainbow, Fluttershy...even Twilight!"

"I wasn't aware that--"

"You were the last person I would expect to call me that," Spike said balling his fists and baring his fangs. Horn aglow once again, Luna stepped back.

"Spike, I'm sorry, it was in the heat of the moment!" she explained.

"What about all of the time we spent together?" he seethed, "All the stories you told me, all the secrets I've told you, all the fun we've had! Were you just faking it?"

"No! How could I? Why WOULD I?"

Spike exhaled smoke.

"Because I'm too much of a pest to deserve your care. It seems like ALL dragons were too much of pests to deserve even the care of ponies!"

"Spike...please...don't make me do this," she pleaded.

"Well, this pest is about to eliminate you," he promised before setting the forest ablaze with green fire. Luna aimed a Nightmare Blast to finish him off, but it seemed that Spike's speed increased in his fury. He quickly vanished into the flames; for the first time in this entire tournament, Luna was scared. Scared not just of losing the fight, but losing a friend.

"Spike! Show yours--"

Luna was interrupted by Spike reappearing in front of her and squeezing her throat with his claws digging into her neck. His strength had drastically increased as well. His tongue was forked and scales sharpened, with eyes turned into slits.

"Here I am..." he hissed.

"AAAGHH!!" Luna aimed a Winter Wreck attack in an effort to neutralize him once and for all, only for Spike to slash her horn, causing the sky to fill with screams of pain.

"Say hi to Celestia for me," he said before using his newfound strength to twist Luna's neck. The fire disintegrated as Luna fell to the ground. A single tear fell down her face as she faded away.

With a smile, he looked up at the sky and yelled, "HOW'S THIS FOR A PEST?" before searching for his next opponent.

LSB

As Luna arrived, she was met with silence and disbelief at what everyone just witnessed. Everyone was shocked at what Spike had become. It was the one thing Twilight had feared the most regarding Spike.

"Surely, none of you think he's a pest, right?" Applejack asked, to which she raised her hoof and Discord raised his hand.

"I don't," he answered.

"Me neither," Sweetie responded with a hint of red on her cheeks.

Applejack narrowed her eyes. "There's an awfully large shortage of hooves in the air..."

No one responded, to which Sweetie Belle stepped in.

"ARE YOU ALL SERIOUS?" she screamed, "WITH EVERYTHING HE'S DONE TO HELP US, YOU ALL THINK HE'S JUST A NUISANCE TO US ALL?"

"Sweetie Belle, it's not like that," Fluttershy said, "It's just a matter of being in the wrong place in the wrong time."

"That makes no sense! You guys always say friendship is magic, but when it comes to Spike, you're taking advantage of his friendship! He gives to you guys, sometimes risking his own life, only for you guys to stomp on him! Rainbow! He used the last moments of his life to tell you that Scootaloo couldn't fly! You caught him, dropped him, and went on to save Scootaloo despite him being ill! Twilight! He runs countless errands for you, defends you, and you barely tell him thank you! Princess Luna, Princess Celestia, he trusts you with his secrets! If Rarity were here, I'd say that he's willing to lay down his life for her! He'd do it in a heartbeat!" she pointed out.

Sweetie's outburst had come with an overflow of guilt washing over them.

"And what about you, Sweetie Belle?" Celestia asked.

"I say thank you every time he does something for me. He goes through too much on a day-to-day basis to not get one. When he gets a thank you, he has a huge smile on his face. Pinkie knows it too, which is why she also acknowledges what he does for her. It's clear that he's glad someone cares."

"I'm detecting large amounts of bias..." Discord said with a magnifying glass and a knowing grin, causing Sweetie to turn away.

"I think we all owe him an apology," Twilight said, somberly.

"Ya think? If he loses, you'll have the chance to give it to him," Applejack noted. "All of you will."

Celestia gave Luna a disapproving glance.

"Oh, shut up," she said, "Don't tell me you haven't said it too."

"We're both in the wrong. You just happened to pull the trigger."

That silenced her. Sweetie Belle came over and took a seat on the ground in front of the television.

"Now, all that's left are Rarity, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, Spike, and Pinkie Pie."

Right on cue, someone entered into the LSB. Spinning around, they were surprised to see Rarity standing there, shaking in fear.

"RARITY!" Sweetie cried, rushing to give her sister a hug. "WHAT HAPPENED?"

"How--what?? Who'd you fight? Who'd you lose to?"

"Th--that THING!!"

She pointed to Pinkie Pie, whose hair was down and was wearing a smile.

"Pinkie Pie? How?" Twilight asked.

"That's NOT Pinkie Pie!" she cried, "She was too fastfor me to notice! She was merciless! And she smiled the entire time!"

"Huh. I guess that leaves Spike, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Pinkie Pie."

"If that's not Pinkie Pie, who is that?" Celestia wondered.

"You really don't know your citizens, Celestia," Discord responded.

"That's Pinkamena Diane Pie. And she's currently heading towards...uh oh."

"APPLE BLOOM!" Applejack shrieked.

In the east...

Scootaloo was running as fast as she could. She heard and saw fire nearby. When she investigated, she witnessed Spike defeating Luna with ease. He looked more...ravenous than usual. Running in the opposite direction, she made some good ground before...

"HELP!!"

She stopped.

" That sounds like Apple Bloom," she responded before going in the direction of the sound.

The screams got louder and louder with Scootaloo going through bushes and leaves. Until finally...

"APPLE BLOOM!"

"Scootaloo!"

She was tangled up in a couple of vines hanging from a tree. Squirming frantically, she watched as Scootaloo tried to cut her loose.

"Scootaloo! You need to run! She's coming!"

"Who is?"

"Pink--"

Scootaloo gasped as she stared at a pink hoof going through her friend's chest and grabbing her heart before pulling it back. Apple Bloom's head hung down with eyes widened as she began to fade away. Scootaloo's heart jumped to her throat as she realized that there was a bigger threat nearby. Much bigger. Turning around to run, she almost fell down when she ran right into Pinkie Pie.

"AAHHH! OH MY GOODNESS! Don't scare me like that Pinkie Pie!"

Looking up at her, she saw nothing but craziness in her eyes.

"Pinkie? Are you okay?"

"What happened to your friend?" she asked. Scootaloo hugged her tightly and began to weep.

"Someone...someone..."

"It's alright...everything is going to be alright...you just..."

She laid Scootaloo down.

"...need..."

"Ummm...w--what are you doing?"

She held a hoof to her head.

"...to smile..."

Scootaloo gasped at the realization and tried to fly backwards, but it was too late. Stomping down on her, Scootaloo's skull was crushed instantly. Her face was frozen with a look of horror and her eyes lifeless. With the red tip of her hoof, she formed Scootaloo's mouth into a smile as she faded.

"PINKAMENA, STOP!! PLEASE!! YOU'RE HURTING HARMLESS FILLIES!!" Pinkie yelled, transforming back.

Okay.

She froze. "Wait, really? You'll just stop? Just like that?"

Yep. We have one more opponent and we win the entire thing. I'll let you handle this one.

"I really need to tell someone about you," she cried, bursting into tears, "You hurt more than you help!"

And I'll kill anyone who tries to get rid of me. Still wanna get me help?

"..."

I thought so. Good luck!

LSB

The second Apple Bloom and Scootaloo appeared, their respective sisters gave them a huge hug and cried with them at what they just witnessed. Surely enough, this would be burned into their memory for the rest of their lives.

"She needs mental help. A lot of it," Luna said, "Pacing back and forth."

"That won't do. You saw what Pinkamena said," Fluttershy said, "Anyone who tries to get rid of her dies!"

"We may have hope," Twilight said, going through her notes, "Spike can win."

"Can he?" Rainbow asked, hugging Scootaloo tightly. Discord shrugged.

"It's up in the air at this point."

"We're about to find out, though," Rarity said, pointing at the screen. Spike and Pinkie Pie had met in the clearing they started with. Pinkie was scared while Spike looked merciless.

"This is it," Celestia said.

In the Center...

"Spike! I don't want to do this! C'mon, let's just go home!"

Licking his lips, Spike sharpened his claws.

"Sure you don't," he answered. "But I do."

"Why?! You have nothing to gain from it!"

"Yes...yes I do!"

"Like what?"

Spike looked at her. "You'll see."

Pinkie gulped. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"I'm not just doing this for me...I'm doing this for you..."

"What?"

"You need help, Pinkie Pie. So, I don't want to fight you. I want to fight Pinkamena."

Pinkie paled.

Is he serious? Alright, let's go! Bring it on!

"She'll kill you, Spike..." she whispered, shaking in fear.

"Then at least I'll die helping a friend," he responded.

Sighing, Pinkie Pie transformed into her cold-blooded alter ego. A sinister smile spread across her lips.

"When I win," she said, "You're dying in the real world too..."

"Oh?"

"...this time, you'll stay dead."

Spike bared his fangs.

"Challenge accepted."

Author's Note:

Okay, so I know people prefer SB x Button Mash instead of SB x Spike, but come on.
Also, even after the final battle, we're not done, so stay tuned!