• Published 1st Jul 2018
  • 298 Views, 11 Comments

The Haunted Dressing Room - JesterOfDestiny



When a famous musician disappears, the blame is directed towards Trixie and a dead singer's ghost. But Lyra wants the true story.

  • ...
 11
 298

Chapter 7

Lyra slowly calmed down, once we got back to our room. Her frozen staring turned into hyperactive spazzing. After delivering a few rib-crunchers, she finally exhausted herself enough to help me pack. But I have a feeling she’ll be raving about this whole thing for at least a year.

“You know,” she flopped down onto the bed, “is this like the second mystery we solved?”

“What are you getting at?”

“We should totally become a mystery solving duo!”

I looked at her disapprovingly.

“Come on, ‘Demystifyers’ is a way too cool name to pass up.”

I tried to keep a serious face, but I had to chuckle. “You really love doing these, huh?”

“Yeah!”

“I’d honestly prefer if we didn’t seek out these mysteries.”

“It’s more like the mysteries seek us out.”

“Alright, help me pack.” I tried to get us back on track.

She got up and crammed her stuff back into her case. After a failed attempt at squeezing it together, she took everything back out.

“You know,” she gave up packing momentarily, “there’s still one question that needs to be answered.”

“What is it?”

“Who did light the fireworks?”

I closed my neatly packed case and looked at her. “I told you, it was a defective fire orb.”

“Come on, Bon Bon,” her face turned serious, “I can tell you don’t believe that explanation either.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Ever since you told me about the secret agent stuff, I’ve been noticing things about you. Like when there’s something you don’t wanna talk about.”

Well, I guess I’m not going to get out of that without an explanation. I looked around, to make sure it’s only the two of us. I sat down next to her closely. “Alright you got me...” I sighed.

“Out with it. What’s going on?”

“Without telling you too much...” I looked around again. “Let’s just say, there is someone that I was really hoping I’d never meet again.”

“Ooh, like an arch-nemesis?”

“Yeah, I guess we could say that...”

“You know,” she looked around as well, “there is something I should have told you as well.”

“What is it?”

She sighed. “I met Starlight at the diner...” She paused. “...And she said something that I think you should know about.”

I had a pretty good idea what she was getting at. I listened.

She took a deep breath. “She tried to convince me to leave you. She told me that I should hang out with her and Trixie, because according to her, you’re holding me back.”

I didn’t say anything; I was worried what she was going to say next.

“You know what I told her?” She turned to me.

“What?”

“I told her...” She then looked forward, as if Starlight was in front of her again. “Absolutely not!” Her face flared up. “What are you thinking? She’s my best friend and best friends make you better, not hold you back! You graduated as Twilight’s student and now you’re counsellor at the School of Friendship. You should know that!”

As if a million tons were lifted off my heart, it made me so happy to hear her get so angry about this.

“She then apologized and it turns out she was just trying to save herself by distracting me,” she continued, “but it still ticked me off, that she’d talk about you like that. I just didn’t mention it, because I wasn’t sure how you’d feel about it. But now that you shared your own hidden feelings, I felt it was needed... A-are you crying?”

She was right. I was indeed crying. “I’m so glad you told me that. You know,” I tried to wipe the tears off, “with the things I’ve been through before I met you, I often worry about losing you... It’s good to know, that I don’t have to worry about you abandoning me.”

“Abandoning you?! Oh Bon Bon!” She hugged me. “I would never abandon you! You’re the best thing that ever happened to me! I’d never leave you for anything!”

Her hug was firm, but soft. This wasn’t one of her rib-crunchers; this hug showed that she did mean everything she just said. I returned the hug. At that moment I remembered everything we’ve been through, from the moment we met, up to this day. And I couldn’t help but let out the tears I have been holding back.

“Thank you, Lyra...” I whimpered.

Comments ( 3 )

I definitely didn't pretend I knew what I was talking about in my previous comments. :moustache:

11293178

Thanks! They're a really fun duo.

Login or register to comment