• Published 4th Mar 2018
  • 717 Views, 7 Comments

Why Did This Happen? - Cipher800



Twilight Sparkle awakes as an alicorn and finds herself in a giant castle run by metal-based humanoids along with several other people. She still has Spike, but is he now some sort of lizard? What can go wrong?

  • ...
2
 7
 717

The Courtyard

It has been a few hours since Twilight awoke as an alicorn, as Sunset Shimmer called it. At first, she was shocked, but then, she managed to calm down with the help of Spike, who was now a wingless dragon that can talk. The orange unicorn was skilled in 'magic', maybe not magic but at least a form of telekinesis, nah, that's not right. The armored being told her it was magic, and she was still in denial. At least she got the hang of quadrupedal locomotion in time. Her brain had adjusted to the new appendages on her back, but she did not have time to use them yet. Right now, she was in one of the castle's courtyards, sitting on a bench under a tree with Spike by her side.

"Come on, Twi. This world is new to me, too. Can't you at least enjoy it?" Spike asked, playing with the tag on his collar.

"Maybe, Spike. I'm not feeling it today." Twilight said as she leaned next to her former pet dog.

"Well, why don't you go for a walk?" Spike said.

"I'd be happy too." Twilight said as Spike walked beside her.

They walked through the stone path of the courtyard, which doubled as a park, maybe, maybe not. Twilight hung her head low, trying to figure out why the heck everything's there in place. The incident told her that it wasn't a dream nor would it have been a simulation. It felt too real. So the next best-

"Twilight. You do you feel down?" Spike said as he jumped upon her back.

"I'm still trying to piece everything together. The creature told me that magic had changed us into colorful horses, and I'm starting to think that he, or it, I'm not sure if that thing has a gender, is right." Twilight said.

"Twilight. You can at least be happy that you didn't turn into say, a quesadilla or anything." the dragon replied. Twilight knew that Spike had a point. She lay down under a tree and began thinking until she found someone else plop beside her. Twilight looked and smiled a bit when she saw her friend, Moondancer, who had transformed into a yellow unicorn with a red and purple mane.

"So I take it you transformed as well?" Twilight asked her old friend.

"You bet it. Kinda had a panic-attack, you?"

"Yeah, me too. I sorta woke up to see that my dog was now a talking lizard and, now we're here."

Just then, Spike came in and decided to enter the conversation.

"Oh, hey Moondancer!" the little dragon replied.

"Hey, Spike. Guess Twilight was right about you. You and her were studying the rumored anomalies, I presume. I thought it was an urban legend at first with the sirens and all, then in a flash of color, I passed out with my entire body in pain."

A small red Frisbee went into the tree and fell to the ground. Shortly after that, a young pegasus filly with orange fur and a purple mane grabbed the Frisbee and ran off, being chased by a yellow earth pony with a red mane and a white unicorn with a purple and pink mane. All of them seemed more adjusted to the transformation than they were. But then again, they were young.

"What is in your agenda, lately?" Moondancer said as she closed her eyes.

"Oh, nothing, really. I was just hanging around with Twilight." Spike said. Moondancer was almost asleep, yet still awake.

"Sounds good." the almost sleeping unicorn said.


Later on, Twilight was spending some time in her room with Spike. She flashed back to the moment when she woke up as an alicorn to find herself and several others transformed into talking ponies. She looked outside to see a cyan rainbow-maned pegasus and a griffon fly together. Well, she didn't know that people changed into other races too.

Comments ( 3 )

8780112
a ombination of a doctor who mariton and the people in armor

i cant help but thin the chapter is half complete

I like this story, I hope you decide to continue it :ajsmug:

Login or register to comment