• Published 7th Feb 2018
  • 466 Views, 21 Comments

The Rift Between Worlds - kurusagi16



After messing around with the crystal mirror, Evening Star and Discordia accidentally tear a rift between two worlds. Theirs, and the world you all know.

  • ...
2
 21
 466

All's Well That Ends Well

Twilight and Discord simply stared at this new arrival, before regaining their composure.

"My name is Flutterbye." The Pegasus introduced himself. He glanced over at Discord and smiled. "I can tell you must be Discord. The resemblance is uncanny!"

Discord said nothing, instead tilting his head to the side and studying Flutterbye, wondering what to make of him.

Twilight trotted toward Flutterbye, offering her hoof out too him. "It's nice to meet you, Flutterbye. My name is Princess Twilight Sparkle, and I--"

"Princess?!" Flutterbye exclaimed. He looked Twilight up and down, only now noticing the wings on her back, which had been obscured by the large table she'd been sitting at. Flutterbye fell to his knees in a low bow. "Forgive me, your highness. I had no idea!"

"Uh, you really don't have to do that." Twilight said, trying to lift the stallion back up.

"But you're a princess!" Flutterbye insisted. "That means you're on the same level as Prince Solaris and Prince Artemis, right? And they get treated with great reverence and respect."

"Well, that is true, other ponies do act that way toward me...well, sometimes at least." She couldn't help but flick her eyes toward Discord as she said that last bit. "But when it comes to my friends, it just feels weird. So please, just call me Twilight."

"O-okay, Twilight." Flutterbye said, still gazing at her in amazement. He wondered if his friend Nightfall would become an Alicorn as well, and gain the title of prince.

"So, Flutterbye, what brings you here?" Twilight asked him.

Remembering the reason he came here, he said, "Oh yes! I wanted to speak with Discord, if at all possible."

"Really?" Inquired Discord, now hovering above Flutterbye's head. "And what is it that you'd like to speak about?"

Flutterbye the explained, "You have powers that bend time and space, right? Just like Discordia. So, I was wondering if you could help me get home."

"I see." Discord said. "I'm afraid we can't help you at the moment."

"Huh? Why not?" Flutterbye asked.

"You're not the only one who's crossed into our world." Twilight said.

Realization dawned on Flutterbye, as he recalled Grampy Smith, and that mare who was trying to take him to be with the rest of the lost ponies. "Oh." He said Softly. "Sorry...I'd forgotten that for a moment."

"We're trying to do what we can." Twilight said. "But it'll take a little while before we can figure something out."

"No, it's alright, I understand." Flutterbye said. "Besides, it'd probably be unfair if only I went home and everypony else is stranded."

To his surprise, he felt himself being patted on the head. Flutterbye looked up to see that it was Discord who was patting him.

"I wouldn't worry too much about." He said. "With my magic, you and the rest of those ponies will be returned in no time."

Flutterbye smiled kindly. "Thank you."

Discord withdrew his paw and turned away, not wanting to appear too soft in front of everypony. But Flutterbye could see right through him. 'They really are alike.'

"I'm sorry we couldn't be of any more help to you." Said Twilight apologetically. "But if you want, you can wait over at the town hall where--"

Before Twilight could even finish her sentence, a door unfolded itself in the throne room, and from it, came a female Draconequus. "So, this is what the other side is like." She remarked, closing the door behind her and making it vanish with a flick of her tail. "I must say, I didn't expect it to be so...crystaly."

Flutterbye blinked, slightly surprised. "Discordia?"

Discordia's head immediately snapped toward Flutterbye at the sound of his voice. Quick as a flash upon seeing him, she wrapped her arms around the stallion.

"Flutterbye! What a delightful surprise to see you!" She said. She then floated by his side, resting an elbow on his shoulder. "I mean, I had expected to see you after this whole mess was taken careful, but I didn't think you'd be here. Though, I suppose it makes sense, since your other self did the same thing."

"Do you mean Fluttershy?" Asked Discord.

Discordia turned toward Discord, looking him up and down. "What have we here?" She mused, circling him. "Not bad, not bad. I mean, not as beauteous as me, but, still."

Discord smirked. "Well, you're not so bad looking yourself." He said smoothly.

Discordia tittered and batted a talon at him. "Oh you charmer."

"So, you're Discordia I take it?" Questioned Twilight.

A devilish smile curved upon Discordia lips as she looked down at her. "Yes, and you must be the other Nightfall." She then tapped her chin as she regarded Twilight. "Hmm, given from what I've seen of Fluttershy, I'd hoped you'd be at least a little less dull as your counterpart. Sigh! Pity."

Twilight could feel her cheeks grow warm. "Hey!" She cried in offense.

"Now, Discordia. You don't need to be rude." Flutterbye said calmly, trying to soothe the situation. "Twilight's just as nice as Nightfall, maybe even more so, since she's an Alicorn."

Discordia chuckled. "Oh you can be so sweet Flutterbye, but if anything, being an Alicorn makes her equally both dull and interesting. I'll bet she's just as dreary as those princes in Canterlot."

Discord did his best to bite back a laugh, while Twilight did her best not to lose her temper at Discordia. Taking a deep breath, she asked her, "So, Discordia, why are you here?"

"That's right, I'd nearly forgotten." She said. "I'm here to lend a hand, dear princess."

"You're here to help?" Twilight questioned further.

"But of course! I've already taken care of those rifts for you, now all that needs to be done is to send everypony home."

"Really? That's wonderful!" Said Flutterbye.

Discordia smiled at him, but Twilight didn't seem completely convinced. "And how exactly do you intend to do that?"

Discordia sighed and shook her head at Twilight. "Oh dear, and here I thought you'd be smarter than Nightfall too." She ignored Twilight's growing annoyance towards her and continued. "You see, your friend Fluttershy called on me, asking if there was a way to help out, and suggested that I come to you all so that I could help and coordinate with the others back home."

Leaning all the way towards Discord's ear, Discordia whispered, "Fluttershy says hello by the way, and looks forward to getting back home."

That helped to brighten Discord's mood, knowing that Fluttershy was alright and waiting to come back.

"Now that we have my other self with us in the mix." Discord said. "This might work out after all."

"How so?" Asked Twilight.

Before Discord could answer, Flutterbye guessed, "With two spirits of chaos, then it'd be easier to teleport the groups of ponies to their respective worlds than it would be for just one."

Discord conjured a hat and tipped it towards Flutterbye. "Nicely said, my dear fellow."

"Indeed." Agreed Discordia. "Are you properly satisfied now, princess?"

After a moment thinking it over, Twilight nodded. "It does sound like a good idea."

"In fact, it's the only good idea we've had." Said Discord.

"Excellent! I'll let the others know that we're all in agreement." Discordia said. "Be back in a bit."

"Hey, wait a minute!" Twilight called out. But Discordia was already gone.

"Well Flutterbye, it looks like you'll be going home sooner than we thought." Said Discord.

Twilight heaved a tired sigh. "We should probably let everypony at town hall know to be ready to be sent home." She said, trotting out of the throne room.

"Is she alright?" Flutterbye asked in concern.

"Oh she's fine." Discord assured. "She's just had a tiring day."


With the direction of Twilight, Nightfall, Discord and Discordia, the two groups of ponies had all assembled at town hall, ready to be sent back home. A magical aura surrounded both crowds, and quick as a flash, the ponies shifted between dimensions, reappearing in their respective worlds. With everypony back where they belonged, there was much rejoicing between the ponies and their loved ones.

"Lyra!"

"Bonbon!"

The two mares ran toward each other into a tight embrace. "It wasn't the same without you!" Lyra said.

"Same!"

"There you are ya whippersnappers!" Said Granny Smith as she saw her grandchildren heading toward her. "Where have you three been?"

"We'll tell you later, Granny." Applejack, deciding it'd be better to explain the situation later, when things had quieted down a bit.

Fluttershy's friends swarmed around her, tackling her in a group hug.

"Oh darling, we were so worried about you!" Said Rarity.

"It's good to have ya back, Flutters." Said Rainbow.

Fluttershy beamed widely. "I missed you all too." She said.

In a flash of light, Discord appeared and cut into the the group hug, pulling Fluttershy close to his chest. "Fluttershy, how good it is to see you're alright."

"Thanks Discord." Fluttershy giggled.

"I'm just glad that this whole mess is over." Twilight said in relief.

Just then, Discordia appeared stealthily behind Twilight and said, "Boo!"

"Gah!" Twilight reared up and stumbled in surprise.

Discordia chuckled. "Works every time."

"Discordia, is something wrong?" Asked Fluttershy.

"Wrong?" Discordia batted her eye lashes innocently at them. "Does something have be wrong if I want to pay a visit to our friendly dimensional neighbors? In any case, I simply came to say goodbye."

"It was nice to meet you, Discordia." Fluttershy said sweetly. "And thank you very much for your help."

Discordia smiled at her words. "Anytime dearie. I hope we can meet again sometime." She then slither up to Discord's side and added, "Or...perhaps I could borrow her for a tea party or two?" She batted her lashes at him.

Discord smirked and arched an eyebrow at her. "That's something you'll have to talk to Fluttershy about."

"Oh very well." Discordia then looked down at Twilight, giving her a playful pat on the head. "And of course, I'll miss you too, Twilight."

"Have a safe trip home." Twilight said apathetically.

Discordia rose up, and said, "Tata, everypony!" With a flourish of her arm, she disappeared.


A little over a month had passed since the rift incident, and life in Ponyville had returned to normal. Well, as normal as it gets for Ponyville. Fluttershy's thoughts would occasionally turn to the ponies she met in the other world, wondering how they're doing. It wasn't until she and the girls were eating out at an outdoor restaurant that they found out, as Discord appeared before them with a letter from Discordia.

"A letter from Discordia?" Asked Applejack.

"Ooh! Let me see, let me see!" Cried Pinkie, reaching out to try and grab the letter.

Discord held the letter high out of everypony's reach. "Now, now, since I received the letter, I should be the one to read it." He unfolded the paper, cleared his throat, and spoke in a voice that sounded exactly like Discordia's.

Dear all,

everything has been going nicely here in our little dimension. Prince Solaris recently gave Nightfall a little test and has been promoted from ambassador to prince. He's even got his own pair of wings and his own parade. Needless to say, Nightfall is rather pleased with himself. Though personally, I think the attention has gone to his head. Perhaps I should give him a few tests of my own, to help keep his ego from getting too big. On another note, Flutterbye has been wondering about you all as well. I've assured him that you're all right as rain, but if you'd like, you could right to him and tell him yourselves. Thank you for our interesting encounter, and take care.

Yours in chaos, Discordia.

P.S. I've enclosed a little something that I thought you'd like to have as a keepsake.

As soon as those words left Discord's mouth, another slip of paper popped out from the envelop. Everypony gathered around it to see a group photo of all their counterparts (taken recently as it showed Nightfall in his new Alicorn form), including Barb, Evening Star, and Discordia, with Discordia leaning behind Flutterbye and making a pair of bunny ears with her talons. Everypony smiled, wondering how soon until they meet with their others selves in the future.

The End


Hey, wait a minute!

Pinkie Pie suddenly appeared in the inky blackness of the credits.

You can't end the story like this!

But...the story's over. There's nothing more to tell.

It can't be over, I only got a few lines.

Heh, that better than the treatment I got.

Also appearing in the blackness was Pinkie's male counterpart, Bubble Berry.

I didn't appear at all, not even a mention or a cameo!

You were included in the group photo at the end, so that counts.

Nopony's gonna know that! And what about Elusive, huh? You didn't give him any focus either!

Sigh! Look, I wasn't able to fit everypony in the story, okay? Can't you guys give it a rest and let the story just end?

Never! Never!

Not until you give us some more scenes!

I didn't want to have to do this, Discordia!

Discordia appeared in a flash, lifting the two ponies into the air. Okay, my little ponies, time to say goodbye and goodnight to the audience.

But--! But--!

Snap!

Discordia turned toward the audience and winked. That's all folks!

Author's Note:

Hope you all liked my story! Kurusagi out!

Comments ( 4 )

I can't wait till Starlight and Evening become Alicorns.

What ? You know it's going to happen. 😈

:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::twilightsmile: nice work on the story.

The Twin

Well that was fun :pinkiehappy:

8734481
Glad that you liked it.

Login or register to comment