• Published 28th Jan 2018
  • 541 Views, 14 Comments

Childsplay - Creativa-Artly01



Despite being a grown mare, Noel has the mental capacity of a foal and she's bullied for it even though it's not her fault. She has a mental condition called brainus fillius and she can't help it.

  • ...
 14
 541

Chapter 11-Three Years Later

Three years after Noel's death, Gav and Rosalee marry and start a family of their own. They have a daughter, whom they name Noel, in Noel's honor, and a son, whom they name Noah, also in her honor. "Shame they'll never know their auntie," sighs Gav as a frown crosses his face.

"Yeah, it is, but she'd be happy that you moved on," responds Rosalee with a smile crossing her face before quickly disappearing again.

"Yeah, I guess so," responds Gav, "but I still can't help but think I could've done more to save her. I should've been there for her since the start, and I wasn't and I regret it."

"I know, dear," responds Rosalee as she rubs him on the back trying to comfort him, "but there's nothing you can do about it now."

Gav then gets up and walks into their bedroom and grabs out the scrapbook filled with all the pictures of him and Noel and begins to flip through them, and as he does so, he can't help but cry. They did share some amazing times together. At least, he has these memories of her to share with his own children. All the same, it will never be the same as having her around and that's something he'll just have to learn. A few minutes later, he puts up the photo album and goes out for a walk so he can get some space. Right now, he just wants to be alone. He doesn't want Rosalee to see him like this, a broken stallion. He doesn't want his children to see him like this either. He's broken and there's no fixing him. Rosalee can't help but see that as she watches him walk out of view from the kitchen window. He'll never be the same, and sadly, there's nothing she can do to fix that.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment