• Published 28th Jan 2018
  • 541 Views, 14 Comments

Childsplay - Creativa-Artly01



Despite being a grown mare, Noel has the mental capacity of a foal and she's bullied for it even though it's not her fault. She has a mental condition called brainus fillius and she can't help it.

  • ...
 14
 541

Chapter 5-After the Scare

Three days later, Noel returns home from the hospital but is still bedridden for the next few days. "You really scared me, ya know," says Rosalee as she brings over an apple juice box to Noel.

"Yeah, sorry about that," responds Noel. "It's getting worse. I can't exactly help that."

"I know you can't, Noe," responds Rosalee. Noel then continues to chug down the juice box. She then hands the empty box back to Rosalee. "Do you want anything else?"

"Cookies from Sugar Cube Corner," responds Noel.

"Fine," sighs Rosalee. "I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere." Noel nods and Rosalee heads out the door and down the street to Sugar Cube Corner where she picks up a bag of seven pink sprinkle cookies and a few blueberry scones for good measure. She then pays Pinkie Pie the ten bits for all the goodies and leaves the store and returns back to Noel, whom she happily hands the bag of treats.

"Thanks," says Noel as she takes the bag and begins to eat the cookies.

"No problem," responds Rosalee with a smile. "Your big brother is back in town by the way. I ran into him while I was in Sugar Cube Corner."

"Oh, how's he doing?" asks Noel, not having heard about Gav for a while now.

"He's doing fine," responds Rosalee with a smile.

"I'm glad," responds Noel. "Did you tell him about me?"

"Of course I did," responds Rosalee. "He wants to come visit you soon."

"Good," responds Noel.

"Does...does...he know that I'm sick?" says Noel after a few minutes.

"Yes," responds Rosalee.

A few minutes later, they get a knock on the door and they open it to find Gav. He then goes over and embraces his little sister in a hug. "I missed you so much," he says to her with a smile. "I just wish that I could've seen you sooner."

"Yeah, well, don't beat yourself up over it," responds Noel. "Rosalee takes good care of me."

"I know," responds Gav, "it's just I should've been here for you if I had known it had gotten this bad. I don't want to lose you, little Jelly Bean. I'm not leaving your side ever again."

"Okay," says Noel weakly. "Okay." She then falls asleep still holding her brother's arm. She doesn't want to let go of him ever and that just makes him smile. As she sleeps, Gav just sits there with her. He's not leaving her side ever again. He's going to stay with her from now on and nothing's going to change his mind about that.