• Published 28th Jan 2018
  • 541 Views, 14 Comments

Childsplay - Creativa-Artly01



Despite being a grown mare, Noel has the mental capacity of a foal and she's bullied for it even though it's not her fault. She has a mental condition called brainus fillius and she can't help it.

  • ...
 14
 541

Chapter 9-Back to the Clubhouse

A few days later, Noel is dropped off at the CMC clubhouse by her big brother Gav and best friend Rosalee. She then goes inside and is greeted with a hug by Apple Bloom, Babs, and Scootaloo. "Where's Sweetie Belle?" asks Noel.

"She's on a trip with the Ponyville Foals Choir," responds Apple Bloom. "They're singing in Canterlot for the princesses."

"Wow, that's impressive," responds Noel. "Now, can we talk?"

"About your confidence issues I take it," responds Apple Bloom. Noel just nods.

"Well, don't let the bullies get to you," says Scootaloo. "Believe me, I know. Also, keep your head up. It will show them you're confident in yourself and proud of who you are."

"Thanks," responds Noel. "But is that really enough?"

"Yes, it's a start at least," responds Scootaloo.

"I guess so," responds Noel. "Thanks."

"No problem," respond Scootaloo and Apple Bloom in unison. "Now, how about some milkshakes at Sugar Cube Corner." Noel nods and she and the CMC head off to Sugar Cube Corner and get some milkshakes. While there, they continue to talk until Gav comes and picks Noel up.

"So," says Gav as they're walking home, "did they give you some helpful advice?"

"Yes," responds Noel. "I need to keep my head held up high and not let the teasing from the bullies get to me."

"That's sound advice indeed," responds Gav with a smile.

"Yeah, I just need to learn how to follow it without letting my emotions get in the way," responds Noel with a sigh and a frown.

"Well, you can do it," responds Gav with a smile, "I believe in you." He then embraces her in a hug before throwing her on his back and racing towards their home.

A few minutes later, the two arrive at the house and sit down to dinner with Rosalee. As they eat, Noel tells them about her day with the CMC and how Sweetie Belle is performing for the princesses as well. All the while, Gav, and Rosalee listen contently. They're happy for Noel. They're glad she's having fun times and making memories with the CMC. They just hope she doesn't leave them anytime soon. That is the one thing that will scare them for the rest of their lives.

An hour later, dinner wraps up and the three go and sit in front of the TV and watch a movie together. As they watch, Noel snuggles up on her big brother's shoulder and falls asleep halfway through. All the while, Gav just sits there and runs his hoof through her mane. She's had a busy day and needs her sleep. A few minutes later, he takes her and tucks her in for the night. He then goes back to watching the movie with Rosalee. All the while, the two hold hooves. They don't want Noel to know that they are dating. They just want her to think that they're close friends, not mare and colt friend. That would break Noel's reality and that's the last thing they want to do considering how bad Noel's brainus fillius is getting.