• Published 28th Jan 2018
  • 541 Views, 14 Comments

Childsplay - Creativa-Artly01



Despite being a grown mare, Noel has the mental capacity of a foal and she's bullied for it even though it's not her fault. She has a mental condition called brainus fillius and she can't help it.

  • ...
 14
 541

Chapter 2-Remember to Hold Your Head Up High

That afternoon after leaving the ice cream shop, Noel walks out with a prance in her step but her head still down. After a while, she remembers that she needs to hold her head up high, so she does just that. As she does so, all the bullies around her just stop and stare. They're dumbfounded. "Why, why is she walking with her held up so high, she should be ashamed of the fact that she acts and looks like a filly? What? What is going on?" says a stallion named Courten, the same stallion that picked on her yesterday, confused.

"I dunno," responds his friend. Courten lets out a huff. "She does look pretty happy and proud of herself."

"Ugh!" huffs Courten as he turns his head and walks away, his friend following close on his trail.

A few minutes later, the two bullies arrive at the cafe, where Courten continues to vent. "Why, why is she so proud of herself? She's a disabled little piece of crap. She shouldn't be proud of that. Why be proud of a disability? That doesn't make any sense? She shouldn't be walking with her head held high like that. She should be walking with it held towards the ground. She shouldn't be acting like this. Why? Why is she acting like this?"

"Maybe because she's not scared of you anymore," responds Courten's friend.

A few minutes later, Noel arrives back at her home after picking up some scones from Sugar Cube Corner. She's so glad no one in the store made fun of her like they used to. "This being proud of my disability is really working, Babs and the girls were right," sighs Noel with a smile. "I wish I had done it from the start, to be honest." She then goes and puts the scones on the counter and takes a seat on the couch and begins to read her favorite book: Daring Do and the Sapphire Statue. "At least nopony sees reading Daring Do as childish," sighs Noel. "At least I can still be proud of that." She then pulls her Daring Do plushie close to her along with a blanket and gets comfy and continues to read. As she reads, she imagines the story in her head and a smile appears on her face. Today is the best day she's had in awhile and she couldn't be happier.