• Published 10th Jan 2018
  • 9,891 Views, 311 Comments

The Game Players - GamePlayer64



Inspired by a webcomic/Manga called The Gamer. Don't own it nor MLP FIM but OCs' names belong to me. This story will involve real life stuff outside of the MLP universe since I can’t fabricate them into what they might be in the MLP Universe.

  • ...
37
 311
 9,891

PreviousChapters Next
Princess Twilight meet The Game Players

(Author's Note: This is an all Twilight Sparkle chapter. I’m changing how it was in the movie to the part where she is collecting votes to become Fall Formal Princess)

(This is for those who are Main 6 fans.) Twilight Sparkle was walking down the hall with her friends, looking over a list of clubs that was in Canterlot High “I think we have enough votes to win!” She said with a grin as her friends cheered.

“That’s right and no one was left behind.” Said Rainbow Dash smugly. Twilight rolled her eyes as she looked down the list and noticed a club name that was poorly erased.

“Wait! There’s one club that we missed! Let me see.” She squinted her eyes “The Gamer Club?” She said which cause a lot of disgusted ‘ohs', she turned around to see her friends looked unease. “Is there something wrong?”

“Look Twi.” Said Applejack “I don’t know how to say this but…”

“THE MEMBERS OF THE GAMER CLUB HATES THE FALL FORMAL!!!” Yelled Pinkie as the others covered their ears which looked annoyed at her “Sorry.”

Twilight Sparkle looked confused “Huh?” Rarity sighed as she walked ahead

“Follow me.” She said as Twilight followed her along with the others “The Gamer Club is a club that’s all about… ugh. Video Games.”

Twilight raised her brow “Video Games?” She try to think where she heard that word “You mean like those Arcade Machines that Spike waste his money on?”

Spike came out of the backpack “HEY! They were very entertaining and challenging like the owner said they were!”

“Yes Spikey-Wikey. But the members of the Gamer Club take their gaming very seriously. Some of the members can make us a bit uncomfortable and frighten us with either threats or dark theme poetry. Making their own original or creative stories, creating their own designs, characters and artwork, making their own *shutter* clothing of game characters with makes me loath their own creations!”

“Thanks for finally loving our work! I take back a quarter of insults and labeling you as a stereotype prissy bitch!” They were startled and turned around to see a short girl carrying a gym bag.

“TOUGH EXOSKELETON!!! They yelled except for Twilight as Tough was pissed off.

“THAT’S TOUGH EXO BITCHES!!!” She yelled at them gave a smile “Fluttershy and the weirdo. I thought you never would set foot around this hall on a non-schedule plan.” They backed away as Twilight was confused

“This little girl is one of the members in the Gamer Club?” Tough Exo’s face turn into a demonic scowl as her friends grabbed her especially Fluttershy.

“Twilight… Tough Exo is… actually older than us. She’s 18 years old.” Twilight’s eyes widen and her pupils shrank.

Oh Sweet Celestia.” she said quietly and she smile nervously “Uh… sorry about that. I never meet anyone older than me or…”

“Say ‘Shorter’ and I will break your legs.” Twilight gulped “Now why are you with group of girls that hate each other so much that you’ll rip each others guts out with a bloody kitchen knife?” Twilight looked horrified

(“I see why they fear them.”) “I was hoping you and you friends will like to-”

“If it’s related to the Fall Formal then go screw yourselves. The Game Players stated before this purple girl came in, that we will not participate in the Fall Formal since that arrogant Lord Jackass will force us to go.” She said as she began to walked away as Twilight was worried that their votes might make lower her chances of winning.

“WAIT!” Tough Exo looked at Twilight “I want their opinions before I leave you alone.” Tough Exo looked at her in the eyes

“Really?”

“Yes really.” Tough Exo smirked as she literally climbed on Twilight Sparkle up to her face. “You must have the Cojones of a Titan to talk to me to get a vote. Not even the Bitch Queen can get a vote from me unless she or the minions wants a broken limb.” She stared at her as Twilight gulped “Fine… I’ll take you to my friends but the vote isn’t yours. We have to place a vote to be fair and don’t betray each other behind our backs.” She jumped off of her as she signal them to follow her. “Don’t blame me if you didn’t win and bitch about us.”

The girls followed Tough Exo to a hall with dust and cobwebs which made Rarity shutter in disgust. “This is the only area of the school that’s been untouched by the custodial since I think they forgot this area except Principal C and our Adviser teacher. The Adviser is super lazy, she always sleeps in the morning when we’re at the club and never takes us seriously!” She yelled in anger but smile happily “But we love her anyway.” The girls except Twilight were annoyed that they got a teacher that’s cool with them but Twilight wasn’t.

“HOW CAN YOU HAVE A TEACHER LIKE HER?! A TEACHER IS SUPPOSE TO TAKE THEIR WORK AS AN EDUCATOR SERIOUS!!!” Tough Exo pulled her down to her height.

“You be super lazy if you have to add all of the students in this building grades and total them into the final grade.” They nodded since there is so many students. “Well here’s the club.” They saw a door with pictures of Video Game Systems and one with a man’s face on a donkey’s rump on a no sign also with a wooded sign that said ‘The Guild of The Gamers’ on the door. Tough Exo knocked in the first notes in Super Mario Bros.

“Who is it?” Said a voice.

“It’s me Game Life.”

“Me who?”

“ARE WE DOING THIS SHIT?!” She yelled which made Twilight flinch.

(“How can Principal Celestia allow her students to speak in vile language?”) The door opened to show Game Life wearing a Green hat with a ‘L’ on it.

“Sorry but I did see you brought the ones who hated each other.” He said which made Rainbow Dash mad.

“HEY! That’s old news! Sunset Shimmer was the one who did broke us up!”

“Drat! Now we owe High I.Q. 50 bucks.” Which made Tough Exo pissed off. “He figure it out so easily with logic but you 5 refuse to listen to him when he’s was with Dark Speed.” Which made them looked embarrassed

“Well… he is know to give chills to everyone.” Said Applejack.

“That’s true and what do you want?” Twilight spoke out

“I was hoping-”

“If it’s about-”

“We already heard that from Tough Exo.” Said Pinkie “And she needs a party.” Tough Exo narrowed her eyes at her.

“I really think that everyone matters and you and your friends matter too!” She said with a smile which made him unhappy.

“Well I’m sorry that you wasted your time but we chose not to get involve in people’s personal problems. I mean we get enough complaints about Dark Speed’s deep personal view in peace and harmony and the most annoying teacher in CHS. But I think that’s the downside of a school in peace.”

Tough Exo put on a M.Bison hat “Come in. Noobs.” They enter a dark room only to see a large monstrosity of a bear with a shattered face in a hole in a large Plasma Screen unleashed a demonic roar.

“I am a shadow… The true self…

I shall give you the “truth” you claim to hold so dear…

The inescapable fact of your death here!”

Twilight screamed in horror so loud they paused the games they were playing and looked at her with annoyed looks as the teacher was still sleeping.

“What… the… hell?” Said Death Alchemist who was wearing Zant’s mask as Twilight’s friends calmed her down.

“It’s okay sugar. That’s not real.” Said Applejack as Pinkie gave her a paper bag to breathe in and out.

“If you want something cute then watch the opening of Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg!” Said Pinkie as they saw Sweet Tunes who was wearing a Chicken Hat and Large Harvest was wearing a Dragonborn helmet with a little girl with Ultramarine skin, Thistle pigtails plus braids and seashell pupils who was holding a Horsie plush toy in her arms and a Slime hat watching on a small flat screen. They looked at Pinkie Pie

“Pinkie… how do you know that?” Asked Rarity.

“I played with Sweet Tunes for fun.” She said with a smile as Sweet Tunes looked at them.

“Hey Pink, Didn’t thought you become a Gamer? You decided to both?” She asked. Pinkie looked embarrassed and shock her head.

“No but we’re here because Twilight wanted some votes to beat Sunset Shimmer and Tough Exo already said what you’re all gonna say.”

Dark Speed was wearing The Galactic Knight’s Mask was he got up and walk to Twilight Sparkle “Dark Speed will not participate in your need for winning. Dark Speed sees it as a excuse to re-obtain an item that you value over your life.” He said as he walked backwards back to his seat which made Twilight look confused.

“We’re not stupid like everyone in this building. We gather enough information that you are from a parallel universe along with Sunset Shimmer the Bitch Queen.” Said High I.Q. who was wearing a Bomberman Helmet which shocked Twilight.

“What?! But… how?!” She asked

“I saw you were walking on all four with a dog on your back.” Said Game Life.

“I saw you picked up a pen with your mouth.” Said Fancy Looks who was wearing a Lucca’s Helmet.

“You were smacking a computer like an idiot.” Said D.A.

“You knew others’ names before they meet you.” Said Sharp Shooter who was wearing a Inkling Hat.

“You tried to kick a vending machine like a donkey.” Said Large Harvest.

“You ate like an pet without using a fork.” Said Sweet Tunes.

“You slept in a Library which no freak would do.” Said Tough Exo

“Dark Speed witness and hear the canine that can speak.” Said Dark Speed which made Twilight fidget

“That is not true and possible.” She said as Dark Speed snapped his fingers at High I.Q. who pulled out his phone and play it

Spike came out of the backpack screaming in pain and covering his ears “WHAT IS THAT HORRIBLE SOUND?!”

The girls were shocked as well as the little girl pointed at Spike “Puppy… talk?” Sweet Tunes lifted her in her arms

“Yes Sea Life. Puppy can talk.” High I.Q. paused it as Spike fell down and relaxed

“Thank goodness. It stopped.” He said as they looked embarrassed but Fluttershy was furious

“HOW COULD YOU DO SOMETHING SO CRUEL TO SPIKE?!” As Dark Speed turned his head at them

“Would you tell the whole school about a canine that could speak in the tongue of human? That would gather those with the intention of experimenting the canine abilities to speak. Or would you hid the truth to protect him for his safety?” He said which made sense to them and baffled Twilight that somepony who is negative and views harmony as a depression is very intelligent.

“I… never seen somepony that way?”

“And you calling us ponies. We’re not ponies! We’re humans, fool.” Said High I.Q. as continued to watched Persona 4 played by Dark Speed as Fancy stood up.

“Forgive him for speaking honest but he originally believe in logic and facts but when he met with us; we opened his heart a bit and he like us.” Which made the girls looked at him at a different light.

“I am brilliant enough to pass college in one year but had no feelings for my own emotions. When Game Life aggravated me enough to challenge him in his video games, I originally thought it was a simple challenge but it turned to a illogical decision. But through a illogical event; I have found the happiness that never existed. As a Gamer with friends who understand the feeling missing in their lives.” Said High I.Q. as Tough Exo nodded

“And we made our group and create our own ideals, drawing and designs. Even Rarity admitted she love our stuff.” Rarity was stuttered

“I said loathe!”

“What’s loathe? It sounds like love to me.” High I.Q. turned around

“The word ‘loathe’ means…” He paused a bit “It’s a alternative way of saying ‘I @#$%in hate you.’” The girls were shocked and disgusted that he said that but Tough Exo smiled.

“Oh… Now I get it. Man maybe I should get a dictionary and learn all swears? Smart people finally found a way to get jerks like me to like them.” Her friends gave OK signs.

“Now about the votes you asked for. No.”

“No.”

“No.”

“No.”

“No.”

“No.”

“No.”

“And same as before, no. Now you heard what we said, we are not going to participate in the Fall Formal. We hate the Formal, it’s just other students in formal dancing to music since Lord Jackass will prevent us from entering our club room.” Said Game Life as a siren came down.

“Oh data error.” Said High I.Q.

“IT’S JACKASS!” yelled Tough Exo.

“*sigh* As always. He is coming to annoy us for the 4,443rd time in the row.” Said High I.Q. as he opened an orb with the Eye of X.A.N.A. to reveal a button as he pressed it as the wall where the Plasma Screen was there flipped over to be a piece of the wall and the flat screen as their games systems were pulled down and replaced with plush toys of Yoshi as they got up and place their desks together and pulled out drawings, homemade stuff dolls of game characters of their choice as the teacher woke up and stretched.

“Not again.” she said.

“Again.” Said Fancy as they sat down as Sea Life sat on her lap. They sat and did what they have on their desks as the door slammed opened to see a man in a suit with Burnt Orange skin, Firebrick hair and Lime Green eyes.

“Mr. Strict Authority. Again with the unexpected check ins. Why consonantly harassed this kids. They’re good kids with some bad reputations but good kids.” Said their teach as Strict slammed a ruler on their desks which frighten Sea Love.

“You know why I’m here, Miss Lax. I am investigating that your students are harvesting those mind destroying game systems in this room.” He said as Miss Lax was annoyed.

“Do I have to alert Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna of your continued harassment on my students… again?” He sneered at her as he walk out the door.

“Remember this Miss Lax. These… teenagers are lost causes to this school. It’s a waste of your time.” He said as he slammed the door as Miss Lax went back to sleep.

“Remind me why he isn’t fired?” asked Sharp Shooter.

“The stupid idiot knows that this section of the High School is a blind spot of High School and he knows that my brother am an expert on filming, digital.” Said D.A. which aggravated Twilight Sparkle.

“How can a teacher like him be allowed to teach here?!” Asked Twilight.

“A record in education and graduation from the greatest college in 5 years. So little care in personality, only the education mattered. Dark Speed showed sympathy for those who will be brainwash by Lord Jackass’ teachings.” as they nodded.

“I can’t allow this! I’ll speak with Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna about this!”

“Don’t bother. Due to some of mischief in our records, we can’t be trusted by Celestia and Luna. Even myself cannot be trusted.” Said High I.Q. which made them curious.

“What did you do?” Asked Rainbow Dash

“I was selling essays for students who were too lazy to write them 20 bucks. You should know Rainbow Dash. You bought 3 from me to pass 3 of your classes.” Rainbow Dash turned red and smile nervously as her friends looked at her with disapprove looks. “And those crusaders too but for half price.” Rarity and Applejack were horrified and hold their humiliation. “I do not regret my actions.”

Twilight however was annoyed as Dark Speed removed his mask “Do not bother to say those action of ours are wrong. Like life; no one is purely good and no one is purely evil. We must have balance or we will destroy ourselves on the outside and inside which will end our little and worthless lives.”

The girls backed away from him as Sea Life looked at Game Life “What did he say?”

“You can be both good and bad but staying on one side will make you a living lie.” Said D.A.

“Well I may can’t change their minds but I can make a difference. Please help me beat Sunset Shimmer.” They looked at each other, got in a group huddle, talk to each other, look at them and talk again.

“Very well. We shall vote for you.” Said Game Life which made the girls cheer in victory “But only if Twilight Sparkle can listen to one of Dark Speed’s poetry.” The girls except Twilight gasped in horror.

“You’re evil.” Said Rarity.

“That’s beyond cruel!” Said Applejack.

“Not even a party can heal from that poem.” Said Pinkie

“Girls! I don’t know what you fear but I can handle anything.” Said Twilight as the rest of the group left the room as Miss Lax place soundproof headphones “Don’t fall into hell inside of your mind.”

“Enjoy the poetry.” Said Tough Exo as she snatched Spike and shut the door as Dark Speed opened his book.

“Bring it on!” She said pridefully

5 minutes later

Dark Speed came out as he was pulling Twilight by her hand who was horrified, terrified and white as the white chocolate “She has won Dark Speed vote.”

The group was shocked as well as her friends. “Twilight… are you okay?”

“So… dark. So… empty. Friendship is meaningless… without betrayal. It’s dark half.” She said in a dull voice which made her friends worried

“So after you get her sanity back. You got our votes.” Said Game Life as he pulled a bag of Smelling-salt. “Use this to get her back.” Pinkie snatched it and waved near her nose but it didn’t work.

“IT’S NOT WORKING!!!” She screamed as Dark Speed pushed her aside.

“Dark Speed shall handle this.” He said as he bitch slapped Twilight Sparkle which made regain her sanity.

“Huh… What happen? And why does my face hurt.”

“You are welcome.” Said Dark Speed as he walked back in the room as she saw that monstrous bear again.

“WHAT IS THAT THING?!” She yelled

“It’s Shadow Teddie.” Said Sharp Shooter which Twilight raise her brow as Spike walked up.

“What is that thing that Dark Speed was doing?”

“Playing a video game.” Said Large Harvest which made him raise head “You don’t have videogames in your world?”

“That is my living nightmare.” Said Game Life.

“Yes we do!” Yelled Spike “Arcades!” They looked at him and smirked

“Wow… who knew your world is so… old school in technology.” Said Tough Exo which made Twilight offended.

“Hey!”

“Technology evolves in this world. A rocket that can get you to the moon, a train fast as a blink of an eye and air vehicles that makes a balloon for kids.” Said D.A. which made Twilight curious but she focus on the bear.

“I would like to know much about this world’s inventions but please explain to me that bear monster?”

They all groaned as Game Life cleared his throat “Shadow Teddie is a boss in Persona 4. He is a shadow of a creature named Teddie who is actually his mirrored self of his repressed negative qualities of his counterpart. For example; take…” Game Life paused for a bit and pointed at himself “Myself, my friends know me, my likes, my favorites and my hobbies. They know me for that but not my true self. I repress what makes me unhappy, what makes me annoyed, what I hate and what I truly desire within me but I withhold and hide it from them because it was my major flaw that destroys me emotionally. It’s molded within your psyche another you who speaks that you and only you hate and annoys you, even insults the ones you love and respect.” Which made Twilight’s eye widen “It hurts you emotionally but deep down you know its true but you can’t accept it since its true. Tell me Twilight Sparkle, did someone ever force you to do something you hate and had nothing to with what you love?” Twilight pupils shrank a bit “Or made you into something you hate?” She remember her wings. “I’ll take that as a yes. Even if its true, you denied it and screamed at your shadow ‘You’re not me.’ Your shadow will transform into a monster and the only way for it to be its true self… is to kill the one who denied it; you.”

Twilight backed away from Game Life “That… can’t…”

“It’s true.” Said Fancy Life “No one is perfect or truly good or truly evil. Sometimes others make you into something you’re not or a monster. After all; monsters are made, never born.”

Twilight looked down “So… the shadow…

“Will kill you to be free but unless you accept it.” Said High I.Q. as he pointed the TV as it turned into a odd Teddy Bear standing on its hind legs with its paws behind his back and transform into a some odd metal creature holding a odd pole. “It will become your Persona and protect you.”

Sweet Tunes place her hand on Twilight’s shoulder “Accepting what’s in you is the most difficult thing in existence and there are no shortcuts or alternate ways to make you admit it. Try to imagine that… I have to admit, I hate that I have to spend my time listening to my folks play music.” Which shock Twilight “I know that their my parents and I love them but I wish they don’t have to play music to spend time with me. I’m fine with them sports like bowling or skeet shooting.”

Sharp Shooter whined “Awww… I want to do skeet shooting!”

“Yeah we know. The game also shows that we all have secret flaws we hate about ourselves or others and lying to yourself will only make it worst.” Said Game Life which made Twilight looked at them and Dark Speed.

“Even those who see Harmony as a flaw and friendship isn’t always the same.” She bow to them. “I’m sorry for thinking that all of you hate friendship. You’re all different that I forgot it was the same as my friends were. Thank you for your votes and teach me that sometimes Harmony and friendship cannot be perfect forever.”

“No problem and…” Game Life was smiling as well as the others who smirked which worried Twilight.

“What are you up to?” She asked as Sweet Tunes put on homemade Purple Pikmin (Full Bloom) hat on her head.

“Here’s a gift from ‘The Game Players’ enjoy it since we have many of those in case the school decide to have a Video Game theme fair.”

“THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!” Yelled Rarity as The Game Players snarled at her

“She is afraid of wearing something unfashionable or embarrassing.” Said Sharp Shooter which Twilight can agree on

“Uh… Thank you for the gift.” She said as she walked away as Sweet Tunes put Khono’s hat on Spike as he left with the girls.

“Hope you win…” Said Game Life as the girls left the hall “Princess of Friendship.”

“BLECH!” Yelled Dark Speed. "That title disgusts Dark Speed. Friendship isn't only for good. There is evil in friendship when you gather the right people with the same ideal and won't betray you unless your hatred matches theirs."

"We know. But the I doubt the other world has the Abyss." Said High I.Q.

"Who knows but I hope Princess of Friends be careful." They looked at Game Life "Sometimes... friendship can create its own villains."

"Like in TMNT 2003, Master Yoshi's friend joined the Utrom Shredder?" Asked Large Harvest. Game nodded.

"HEY!" They looked to see a small boy with Seaweed skin, Crimson hair as a mohawk, and dark chocolate eyes with a long red scarf "What did I missed?"

"Talking dog, Prank Life." He looked unamused

"Seen a talking dog in cartoons and games."

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoy the chapter and here's the list of names of where what they were wearing came from if you never heard of the games.

Luigi's Hat - Mario Series
M. Bison's Hat - Street Fighter
Zant's Helmet - Legend of Zelda
Chicken Hat - Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Dragonborn Helmet - The Elder Scrolls
Slime Hat - Dragon Quest
Laharl's Scarf - Disgaea
Galactic Knight's Mask - Kirby
Bomberman Helmet - Bomberman (Obviously)
Lucca's Helmet - Chrono Trigger
Inkling Hat - Splatoon
Purple Pikmin Hat - Pikmin (Still Obviously)
Klonoa's Hat - Klonoa (Never mind)

PreviousChapters Next