• Published 10th Jan 2018
  • 9,891 Views, 311 Comments

The Game Players - GamePlayer64



Inspired by a webcomic/Manga called The Gamer. Don't own it nor MLP FIM but OCs' names belong to me. This story will involve real life stuff outside of the MLP universe since I can’t fabricate them into what they might be in the MLP Universe.

  • ...
37
 311
 9,891

PreviousChapters Next
Game Over

Author's Note:

For my grandma. Rest In Peace and I hope your soul watch over my mom.

Game Life was making Prank and Sea lunch at his house as Mama Sweet Meds was working at the pharmacy. “Alright little kids! Who wants some plantains and meat strips?” Said Game as Prank and Sea cheered happily as they love eating their big brother’s cooking.

“Can we have that sweet mango juice?” Asked Sea as Game poured them in some cups and silly straws.

“Thank you!” They said as Game placed their lunch in front of them as they ate. Game smiled as he cleaned up.

“Now after you’re done eating, you better do your homework.”

“AAAAAWWWW!” They both groaned as Game replied

“And I’ll let you watch cartoons.” He replied as they cheered as they went to their room. “Oh boy. The things you promise for little kids. Wonder if mom & dad did this to get me to eat my vegetables?” He pondered.

He heard the doorbell as he turned to hear it. “Huh, Who is that? My friends? The Pony Girls? My Players?” Game Life said as he walked towards the door to open it to see an old lady with coffee skin, chalk hair & empanada-color eyes. Game’s express went sour “WHAT THE HELL?! ¡¿Por qué estás aquí, BRUJA?! (Why are you here, WITCH?!)” He yelled as the old lady stared at him.

“Hola mi nieto. Sé que no estuvimos en buenos términos cuando nos vimos por última vez, pero deseo pasar un día contigo. (Hello my grandson. I know we haven’t on the good terms when we last meet but I wish to spend a day with you.)”

“WHAT?! NEVER!” Game yelled as he slammed the door in front of her.

“Muy bien, te espero aquí. (Very well, I’ll wait here)” She said as she stood there.

In the house

“She’s your grandmother?!” Yelled Fancy as there was a massive screen over Game’s head as Fancy, Dark Speed & Sharp were online as the others were busy.

“Yes and I don’t want to see her.” He said as Sharp was polishing a rifle.

“I don’t get this family problem but I think you have history.” Said Sharp

“I do.” Said Game Life “She’s my mom’s grandmother. She and I don’t get along.”

“Explain.” Dark Speed asked.

“When I was a kid, she didn’t like how I was raised. She wanted me to be raised as religious as she and my mother are. My dad refused since it should be a matter of choice.”

“Wise father.” Said Dark Speed “We cannot be forced to be religious as other family members were.”

“She didn’t like my hobby of video games. She claimed they were made the devil and I should go to a strict school at grade 1 to be well educated as a proper man.” Said Game as Sharp looked tense.

“Yikes. I’m glad I was born in an era where we don’t see religion as mandatory.” She said.

“Yes… lucky you.” Said Game “After my folks died, she wanted me to live with her and throw away my games.”

“Dark Speed can see the hate.”

“Along with going to church every Sunday and learning all those prayers. It’s like school on weekends. I haven’t seen her in over a decade.” Said Game.

“Give her what she wants.” Said Dark Speed “One day might not make a difference.” Game looked at them and sighed

“Fine but I need someone to watch the twins. Sorry Sharp but the pain-in-the-ass neighbors patrol reported on you the last time I left you at my home.”

“God damn it.” She said as Dark cleared his throat.

“We shall watch them.” Said Dark Speed as Fancy nodded.

“At least those peeping bastards can’t annoy me with you 2.” She said as they headed for Game’s home.

“Ugh…” Game opened his door to see his grandmother “Muy bien abuela. Pasaré el día contigo. (Very well grandmother. I shall spend the day with you.)” He said as she smiled. “Gracias mi nieto. (Thank you, my grandson.)”

Later that day

Game Life was spending the day with his grandmother as they walked all over the city as they went to the park as the sun started to set. “Gracias por el recorrido por la ciudad, mi nieto. (Thank you for the tour of the city, my grandson.)”

“De nada, abuela. (You’re welcome, grandmother.)”

“Tengo que decirte algo, lo siento. (I have to tell you something, I’m sorry.)” Game raised his brow “Lo siento por alejarte y hacerte enojar. (I’m sorry for pushing you away and made you angry.) Game looked at her. “Por favor perdoname. (Please forgive me.)”

“I… uh… Te perdono, mi abuela. (I forgive you, my grandmother.)” Said Game Life as she was smiling weakly.

“Estoy... feliz de escuchar... que... adiós mi Game Life. (I’m… happy to hear… that… goodbye my Game Life.)” She said as Game was confused.

“Goodbye? What do you mean…” Game stopped as he looked at his grandmother who had her head down. “Abuela?” He said.

2 Days Later, At the Canterlot Funeral

Game was in a black tux as he was under a tree away from a group of people as the other Game Players walked up to him in black. “I’m sorry Game Life.” Said Fancy as Dark Speed walked to him.

“Forgive Dark. Dark didn’t use his Tarot Cards to see this event.” He said as Game looked at her.

“She… wanted me to forgive her. She wanted to bury the pain she made me feel, so she can feel at peace.” Said Game as he was tearing up.

“I… I don’t know how to show kindness for people at funerals because of my criminal history.” Said Exo as she held a cross “But… maybe this might make you feel better?” She said as Game looked at her “I… don’t know what religion you have.”

“You made the right guess.” Said Game as he looked at the group. “They hate me but the feeling is mutual.” He said as Large looked curious.

“What do you mean?”

“They keep harassing me about how I got my grandma to change her Will so I get her Inheritance. Whatever that is?” He said as they were disgusted.

“Selfish bastards.” Said IQ as they left but Exo went to the parking lot.

“Where are you going?” Asked Death.

“Key scratch their cars.” She said.

“Don’t get caught but avoid my van & Mama Sweet Meds’ car.” Said Game.

“Deal.” She said as she pulled out her keys

PreviousChapters Next