• Published 10th Jan 2018
  • 9,891 Views, 311 Comments

The Game Players - GamePlayer64



Inspired by a webcomic/Manga called The Gamer. Don't own it nor MLP FIM but OCs' names belong to me. This story will involve real life stuff outside of the MLP universe since I can’t fabricate them into what they might be in the MLP Universe.

  • ...
37
 311
 9,891

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7

Game was listening music as he was grooving to the music from his IPad from his inventory that he place in so it doesn't get damage along with his backpack, manage to give him free Wi-Fi. He had a plan and he was heading with glee, his goal was completed, he had the games for the Switch and have enough cash to buy for the club, the controllers, charging dock and himself one for private days. He went behind an alley, pulled the suitcase from his inventory, took out $2000, dropped the cash in his inventory as his money amount increase to $3690.11 as he tossed the suitcase back in the inventory. He ran to the Game Store and grabbed what he wanted to buy, the Joy Cons, The Charging docks, 3 sets of Joy Cons, 3 Pro controllers and 2 Switch Systems, all new. The cashier was shocked by what I was buying and the whole set cost me $1144.70 that freaked out some people who watched Game Life hooting and cheering. As he was running home; Sunset Shimmer with Snips & Snails saw him. Sunset planned to tripped him as he hugged Snips and Snails and pushed Sunset in a trashcan. “Don’t care what you’ll do! I don’t care! So long, Bitch Queen!” They watch Game Life running home as Sunset was trying to get free “I got me a Switch!” Game yelled as Snips and Snails cheered for him as Sunset Shimmer was annoyed “GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!” a screen appeared in front of him.

A new skill is created with a specific action & passion.

[VGM (Videogame Music) (Action) LV MAX] Any song in you think in your head will be your background in battle. It can’t be hear by ordinary people, only by you or your party.

Game Life made it back home at 5:48PM. He opened his door to see the house was empty “Mama Sweet Meds must be still working. She always comes home at 7:30PM for dinner. I better make dinner… while experimenting the new edible meat I got!” I opened the inventory and paused for a bit “Wait… can the meat in my inventory go spoil? Hmmm… I’ll check them by each day.” Game pulled out slabs of meat. “I better try to cook it before I eat it.” Game turned on the stove and place corn oil in the pan, spread it around the pan by tilting the pan as the oil spread around, he waited for the the pan is heated enough for the meat to cook. He cooked it as it gave a strong meaty smell as it turned all brown “There that’s good I think.” Game removed the steak on a plate.

Cooked Wild Beast Meat - Quality: 2

“A bit strong on the meaty smell. If this doesn’t taste good; I’ll be wasting food and Mama Sweet Meds hates it when I waste food.” Game put some thought on what to do with the failed steaks and remember what High Stocks and her Grandfather said before when he got his money.

“This… is… IMPOSSIBLE!!!”

They tilted their heads “What’s wrong Grandpa?”

He turned around “They are real as life itself! Anything from the Private Spaces never becomes real.”

“Well except when Game Life is around. Anything is possible since Fancy said that Videogames can break the rules of reality.”

“Real as life itself. Than maybe. Calling Slimes; Blueberry, Cherry, Honeydew.” A portal opened as his Slimes came out with empty bottles of soda He gave them.

“Hi boss!They said simultaneously

“Hey my little pals. I got a job for you three.”

They bounce happily “Okay, what do you need us to do?”

“I’m trying out the meat I got and cooking it but I don’t want to throw them in the trash. Can you three eat the ones I failed on if you can handle it.” Game asked as they saluted

“Don’t worried boss!” Said Blueberry.

“We can eat anything!” Said Cherry.

“We… will not… disappoint you.” Said Honeydew.

Game gave them the thumbs up as he cut the meat, took a bite of it and looked unhappy “Too tough. It could be the muscles, it can make the meat tough. A bit too tough.” He wonder as a screen appeared

Though a specific action, a skill is created through years of experience.

[Cooking (Action) LV 6 EXP: 12.33%] - The culinary arts of making dishes out of food ingredients. The higher the level, it lower the chances of burning or creating an awful dish that gives food poison.

Game Life just sweatdrop. (“It makes sense that I have a cooking skill but I though it would be higher. Without the Gamer powers, it would be years til it max out.”) “Here share a bit and I’ll try again.” He dropped to them as they scarfed it down as a screen appeared

Your Slimes as earned 1 point increase in endurance.

“Whatever. I’ll tenderize it and cut the meat a bit for the heat to cook the insides and I’ll add some seasonings to remove the meaty smell.” Game Life fried the steak til it’s well done as the smell of the meat filled the room and escape out the window.

Cooked Wild Beast Meat - Quality: 5

Game took a taste of it “Hmmm… It’s good and the seasonings make the taste great. I need to try one more time.” He dropped the steak to his slimes as they ate it up.

Your Slimes as earned 1 point in strength.

He tried again as he added some more seasoning and an herb to give it zest.

Cooked Wild Beast Meat - Quality: 8

Game smiled at the meat “TIME FOR A TASTE!” As Game was about to take a taste until he heard a knock on the door. “Huh?” His slimes hid under a table “Hide here.” Game walked towards the door, opened it and saw his neighbors at his door with plates, fork, knives and bibs “WHAT THE HELL?! Mr. Eat? What are you doing here?”

“I… I mean we, your neighbors have smelled something delicious coming from your home and was hoping if you can-”

Game quickly slammed the door but was stopped by the neighbors “I don’t know. I mean I was going to-

“WE’LL PAY YOU!!!”

“Five dollars per steak.” Game said to backed them off but the crowd pulled out fives, tens and twenties.

“Get in line. I’ll get cooking.”

3 Hours Later

Sweet Medication drove home to see a mass group of the neighbors outside, eating steaks outside on their front lawn. She parked and saw Mr. Eats. “Excuse me, Mr. Eats?” He turned around to see Sweet Medications

“Ah! Miss Medication!”

“May I ask why are you and almost all of the neighbourhood is in front of my home?”

“OH! Well you’re nephew was cooking something delicious and I couldn’t resist it as well as the other neighbors.”

Sweet Medication walked passed the crowd as she went in her own home to see Game Life was cooking up a storm in the kitchen as he turned around “Hey Mama Sweet Meds.”

“What are you doing?”

“It was suppose to be our dinner with some fresh meat I got, after some failures I got it perfect and this happened. I’m cooking for the neighborhood for $5 a steak. It’s fresh, command and I got from my new job with Fancy Looks’ cousin.”

She was surprised by the news “You got a job?!”

“Well, an allowance can help me live by?”

She smiled as she kissed him on the forehead “That’s my nephew. I’m proud for you.”

“I also made you some steak for you to try.”

She was it on the table, smiled at the meal and noticed something new “What are these cute things?”

Game looked to see his Slimes were standing still and acted like dolls “Toys that were thrown away. I looked them up and learned that they were discontinued for no reason.”

She looked at them and looked disappointed “I can’t see that someone would throw these toys away.”

Game shrugged his shoulders “I don’t understand but I took them for mercy.”

She smiled as she took a bit of the meat and smiled “This… is… delicious! I never tasted meat this delicious! Where did this get this meat?”

“They said from their own private cattle.”

She smiled as they heard some complains “WHERE MY STEAK!?”

Game growled “I’m coming already. Keep your girdles on!” He marched back to the kitchen.

1 hour later

Game was eating 2 steaks he had leftover and taste it “This is magnificent. (“With a quality of 25.”)” He looked at the steak

Cooked Wild Beast Meat x2 - Quality: 25, a ten minute boost of strength: +12.

Game looked to see his Mama Sweet Meds was watching as the dishes, he dropped it to his Slimes as they ate it.

Slimes have earned a boost of strength +12.

Game tried it and had heaven in his mouth “~Heaven… I’m tasting heaven~” Mama Sweet Meds chuckled

“I’m amazed by your cooking. I knew seeing you watching that Mister Ajikko was educational in its own way.”

Game swallowed it and looked nervous “I originally wanted to make us steak dinner as a private ‘good work for gaining a job’ dinner. I didn’t expect the neighbors wanted a taste and I had to cook for them. Thank the Netherworld, they took their dirty dishes and utensils with them so I don’t dump it on their lawns.”

Mama Sweet Meds sighed “I hope that doesn’t happen Game Game.”

Game finished his meal and brought his dish to the sink “Did you do your homework?”

Game’s eyes widen “D’oh! Forgot after I got the job.”

She smiled “I’ll let it go, this time. Just don’t forget it before you go to bed.”

“I will.” Game walked away but stopped and look back at Mama Sweet Meds. He walked back to her and hugged her from behind which surprised her.

“Game Game…! You’re hugging?” She looked at him

“I’m changing a bit and I think I should open up myself and thank you for thanking care of me.”

Mama Sweet Meds smiled and place her hand on his cheek “I love you. Son.”

And I love you too. Mom.” Game walked back to his room and carrying his slimes to his room. Game entered his room and closed the door as his slimes jumped from his hands to the bed.

“Boss! Are you o.k.?” (B)

“You’re acting weird?” (C)

“Are… you…-” (H)

“I’m fine Honeydew. I’m just telling my mother how much I love her. She has done so much for me. I should cash in what I promise her.” He walked to a Laharl Prinny alarm clock and lifted it to reveal a check. “Thank Disgaea I don’t use this alarm clock to burn the check. You three better return to the Monster Farm, I’ll call you guys until a new dungeon.” The Slimes jumped happily as a portal opened, they waved goodbye as they jumped in. Game pulled out his backpack from his inventory, pulled his homework and did it. He completed it in 24 minutes. “This Gamer power is the ultimate cheat code to homework. My nightmare for wasting time on this is gone.” Game set up his Nintendo Switch and set his profile on it and updating it as he check his stats before it finished updating.

[Cooking (Action) LV 27 EXP: 2.11%] - The culinary arts of making dishes out of food ingredients. The higher the level, it lower the chances of burning or creating an awful dish that gives food poison & speeds up the time to cook up meals, dishes and desserts. You can now create a recipe in an instant if you have all the ingredients.

[Monster Farm (Passive) LV 2 EXP: 40.3%] - This private personal Non-dungeon is where you can store your monsters you tame and only you can open this personal area, anywhere you are. You can send food and training equipment to strengthen your monsters stats and ease their hunger. Number of monsters: 3

Slimes: Blueberry, Cherry, Honeydew

Game smirked “So long, long cooking hell.” Game made checked his Switch as the update was complete “Now to play the night away… until 10 PM.” He opened a game case and had Super Mario Odyssey “Jump Up, Super Star.”

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please leave a comment and tell your friends about my story if you want to. Also if you want to know how much he earned from selling steaks. He's the number of steaks he sold; 45 steaks, $5 per steak. Along with Game Life's inventory since it changed a bit too
Metal bat x1

Machete x1

Spirit Shard x1

Soul Stone x1

Slime Core x1

Wild Beast Pelt x0

Wild Beast Meat (Large) x19

Wild Beast Meat (Small) x0

Wild Beast Leg Bones x0

3L Soda x5

1Gal of Mango juice x4

Family Size bag of riffles x3

Job application sheets x66

IPad 128GB x1

There you go and hears a song from Super Mario Odyssey

PreviousChapters Next