• Published 10th Jan 2018
  • 9,889 Views, 311 Comments

The Game Players - GamePlayer64



Inspired by a webcomic/Manga called The Gamer. Don't own it nor MLP FIM but OCs' names belong to me. This story will involve real life stuff outside of the MLP universe since I can’t fabricate them into what they might be in the MLP Universe.

  • ...
37
 311
 9,889

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 17 (Dark Speed)

FLASHBACK

“Now that’s gone. I’m buying myself some fast-food.” Said Tough Exo as she walked away

“Same here.”

“I’m out of here.”

“I need some food.”

Dark Speed stood quiet as he watched his companions leaving to go eat fast food, he walked out as High Stocks saw him going a different direction from the Game Players. “Where are you going, Mr. Gloomy?” Dark Speed turned his head.

“Dark Speed is going to where sanity is dead.”

“What the hell are you saying?”

Dark Speed rolled his eyes “Dark Speed’s home.” Which confused her

“How the hell can sanity die at your home?” Dark Speed sighed

“You will learn if you seen Dark Speed’s home.” He walked away as High Stocks followed him.

After a 20 minute walk, they found a house with dead bushes and burnt grass as crows were chirping on a dead tree. “I thought this was your paradise.”

“On the outside but the inside shall make you vomit in disgust. Leave if you wish; do it now.” She ignore Dark Speed as he opened his front door to reveal a living room with furniture and decorations from optimism cults and designs from a fashionable company; happy faces and pictures of adorable animals and mannequins with fashionable clothing. High Stocks’ eyes had shrunk at the sight of it.

“Oh. My. God.”

“Hey sonny! Give your father a hug!” They looked to see a grown man with gray colored skin, egg shell white hair, sharp eyes with crimson eyes in an business suit and an apron with hearts on it.

“Who…”

“Father.” She backed away.

“Hey son, I am happy that you’re back home.” He noticed High Stock and smile “I see that you have a girl with you. A girl that isn’t a friend of yours.” High Stocks waved her hands and arms

“NO! NO! NO! I’m just Fancy’s Looks cousin! I’m… new to the area and he’s being a gentleman to show me the city.” His father sighed

“Oh well. One day you’ll find love like I found your mother.” Dark Speed shivered in disgust and went upstairs as High Stocks followed.

“I can see why you said sanity is dead at your home. Those smiling faces and adorable small animals in frames; it’s a nightmare and creepy.” She said as Dark Speed walked towards a door that is decorated with pictures of devils, demons and magic circles. Dark Speed opened that door to show a room with the curtains covering the window to prevent light from entering, a lava lamp on a stool, a laptop on a desk that had some decorations of devils and gargoyles. “I see why this place is the only area that has some sanity.

“Dark Speed’s personal Sanctuary within this hellhole of a house. Now answer Dark Speed’s question; why did you follow Dark Speed?” High Stocks looked pissed and sighed

“Fine. I was ordered by Miss Beauty to watch you all but given some of your trust issues; High I.Q., Death Alchemist, Tough Exo, Game Life and you. I have to earn some of your trust; Game Life’s trust in me went down the toilet after I ripped him off.”

“You’ve earned it for taking a mass amount of money from him. The abilities that he has given us can do what seems to be impossible to act and be turned into fact. Dark Speed tried to use Tarot cards to locate the answers for why Game Life acted odd, all the cards answers lead him to being a guest to death himself and the underworld. Companions were worried and Fancy Looks would go into a depression that would lead her to take her own life.”

High looked horrified, she knew that Fancy had a problem growing up; being picked on by rich kids and poor kids for being different and choosing to do a different way. High Stocks tried her best to cheer her up but she keep saying she wanted to die, if it wasn’t for Game Life, Fancy would never smile again.

“The inner darkness of people can lead them into depression by the words and actions of others who turn on anyone different but it take a soul to escape the plague of society and slaughter their happiness.” He got up and pull out a book connected to devils and demons. “The Abyss can create monsters of mythology correct?”

“Yeah... why?”

“Than Hell and Heaven must exist if magic is real.” High Stocks gulped.

“It’s true but to call those devils...”

“You need human sacrifices to pay for their services, correct?”

“Yeah... or 50 Trillion.” Dark Speed Eyes widen a bit.

“Damn. Dark Speed is shock that human souls are compare to money.”

“Actually, money is more superior than human souls given by the lack of fate and believe is the reason why money is the source of all power.” Dark Speed was annoyed

“Sad but true. Money is literally the root of all evil but in the past if it never existed; we would trade almost everything we own for a car.” Said Dark Speed as he pulled out a hunting knife. “Grandfather Sharpen Axe was a skilled hunter. Dark Speed is always respect him more than parents.” High Stocks looked shocked by the knife as she noticed Dark Speed looking at a photo frame on the wall; a photo of a old man with a dead look, in a tank top and overalls, with snow-like skin, ash-color beard on his face and charcoal eyes holding an axe as it was place on his shoulder with a little kid with a dead look as well, with a severed head of a teddy bear.

“Grandfather Sharpen Axe said Dark Speed must never be weak like people who believes that numbers and bonds of friendship is true power. Grandfather Sharpen Axe said there is a major flaw in numbers; quantity is never the same as quality.” Dark Speed opened his inventory and placed the knife in it. “That is all Dark Speed will revealed all Dark Speed’s secret that deserves to be buried.” High Stocks closed her eyes

“I see why you’ve shut your heart to people and have less believe in trust.” Said High Stocks.

“Never trust anyone, unless they earn it. The same goes for anyone more powerful than Miss Beauty. Despite Miss Beauty’s hidden second existence; Miss Beauty earned our trust since we had what Miss Beauty didn’t have for Fancy Looks.” High looked at him

“And what’s that?”

“Freedom. A path that’s been blinded by the life her Father, Wealthy Mind lived in. Also Dark Speed have already knew what Fancy Look’s father escape from his arrange marriage.”

High Stocks’ eyes widen “You do?”

“Wealthy Mind stopped being pure before Wealthy Mind gotten married.” Dark Speed gave a dark smirk as he grabbed his phone which High Stocks gulped by him showing anything similar to a grin.

“Don’t think that my cousin will-“

“It might not, but Fancy Looks will not easily accept a force arrange marriage. Now that Dark Speed has explain what info Dark Speed will release, Now go home.” High Stock snarled at him.

“Fine… but I will warn you and the others. Beware of hunters.” She walked out as Dark Speed followed her out of his house. High Stocks was given a basket filled with fresh baked cookies in the shape of sheep, she smiled at the gift as she took a bite of it; homemade sugar cookies. She left the area as Dark Speed walked away from home.

10 minutes later at a abandon area around the suburbs

Dark Speed was practicing his powers his ‘I.D. Create’ skill as he was viewing it skill itself and his ‘escape’ skill.

[Making Instant Dungeon (Active) LV 10 EXP 72.89%] - A Skill to make an instant Dungeon. You can create a more powerful one by increasing your skill level. Current Available I.D. List:
1.Empty I.D. - Monsters: None
2. Darkness I.D. - Monsters: Dark Creatures
3. Light I.D. - Monsters: Light Creatures
4. Combine I.D. - Monsters: Your choice of monsters available on list.
5. ???? I.D. - Monsters: ???? (You can decide what monsters should be in. Choose carefully because its a one time decision.)
6. ???? I.D. - Monsters: ???? (You can decide what monsters should be in. Choose carefully because its a one time decision.)
7. ???? I.D. - Monsters: ???? (You can decide what monsters should be in. Choose carefully because its a one time decision.)
8. ???? I.D. - Monsters: ???? (You can decide what monsters should be in. Choose carefully because its a one time decision.)
9. ???? I.D. - Monsters: ???? (You can decide what monsters should be in. Choose carefully because its a one time decision.)

[Escape from Instant Dungeon] (Active) LV 10 EXP 72.89%] It aids you in escaping an Instant Dungeon. Which is one of the ‘Protective Spaces’.

“Hmmm… Dark Speed knows it is foolish for a player to enter a dungeon at a high setting. Game Life is powerful, contain more experience than us and is… living his passion 7/11. Dark Speed has to think smart. Darkness and Light are important to balance a being’s soul. I.D. create; Combine Light and Darkness, normal.” The entire area went silent as the sky became split in half; one side day & one side night. “Intriguing.” Said Dark Speed as a monstrous roar echoed the area. Dark Speed turned around to see a white suit of armor combating with a black suit of armor. “Strange? Observe.”

Living Armor (White) LV 16
An armor worn by a noble knight whose spirit refused to rest until evil is slain forever. The Heavens bless the knight with magic of light; Healing spells and Light spells.

Living Armor (Black) LV 16
An armor worn by a knight that has turned to evil by killing the weak and innocent whose spirit refuses to rest when there are riches for the taking. Hell has cursed this knight with the magic of darkness; Drain spells and Darkness spells.

Dark Speed was finish reading their bio “As expected, light and darkness must battle each other to maintain balance.” Dark Speed opened his inventory as he pulled out his Scythe he gotten from Game Life’s loot pile. “Must slay for great loot. Perhaps Dark Speed should raise his luck stat for rare items? Hmm… Dark Speed shall do it, later.” Dark Speed ran towards them as he slashed them armors as they vanished. “Nothing. As expected low level enemies do not dropped items easily like in RPGs.” Dark Speed used a mini-map to examine the area as he witness some dots on screen attacking each other around him. “Perhaps Dark Speed should keep this from Dark Speed’s companions. Tough Exo would use this for gambling. ‘Light VS Darkness’ Tough Exo would call it. Tough Exo would use it to get Dark Speed to gamble.”

Dark Speed was running though the suburbs, slashing enemies with ease. As he managed to slice a purple and white chimeras which had no second head (unless some count the snake as the tail) a screen appeared in front of him

Due to your continuous running and high Speed Stat. The Skill ‘Super Speed’ has been created.
[Super Speed (Active & Passive) LV 1 EXP: 0% MP: 5 per sec.] - This skill will make the user run fast as as a 30 miles per hour. This will skill will evolve and to apply a sudden stop, you need the strength & power at 55. Warning: your shoes will be worn out.

“Shit.” Dark Speed looked at his shoes. “Dark Speed wonders if Miss Beauty knows of a person that sells shoes that do not wear-out in the Abyss.” Dark Speed noticed a small devil in a punk outfit and small angel in a 1960’s skirt were fighting was very pathetic. “Dark Speed has found his first Tamed Monsters. The weakest grow strong under a leader who’s not an asshole.” Dark Speed ran towards them with breakneck speed. “TAME!” The devil and angel turned to see a blur as they were hit by a force as they crashed down. Dark Speed turned around as a screen appeared

Congradulations! You have tame a Lil’ Devil and a Lil’ Angel

Dark Speed check their stats and levels

Name: ???
Race: Devil
Age: 800 (Human Years)
Gender: Male
LV: 9
HP: 1500
MP: 500
Power: 40
Strength: 40
Intelligence: 20
Wisdom: 10
Luck: 3
Endurance: 50
Charisma: 15
Perception: 30
Points: 0
Skills: Darkness Magic

Name: ???
Race: Angel
Age: 800 (Human Years)
Gender: Female
LV: 9
HP: 500
MP: 1500
Power: 20
Strength: 20
Intelligence: 40
Wisdom: 30
Luck: 3
Endurance: 25
Charisma: 30
Perception: 15
Points: 0
Skills: Light Magic

Dark Speed looked at them as they floated as they bowed “Master.”

“Call Dark Speed, Dark Speed.”

“Dark Speed.” They bowed as they snarled at each other.

“Dark Speed’s rules; Do not fight nor slaughter each other or face death.” He said with his eyes gave a dark glow. “Delinquent the Devil and Honor the Angel, play your loyalty to Dark Speed.” They kneel down as they followed him.

Dark Speed slashed two floating cloaks as two books appeared on the ground. A white book and a black book.

Summon Darkness Book - This spell book will allow you to summon a Spirit of Darkness and let you use shadow magic.

Summon Light Book - This spell book will you to summon a Spirit of Light and let you use light magic.

"Excellent." Dark Speed read the question to learn this and pressed yes as the books were disintegrated into energy as it enter his mind

[Summoning the Lowest Grade Elements (Active) LV2 EXP: 0%/ MP : 40] - A Skill to Summon the Lowest Grade Elements.
Human beings have recognized the existence of nature for a long time and they’ve always been trying to commune with nature. Finally, people were able to contact elements and commune with them.
The power of summoned elements and the number of available elements to summon depends on the user’s Int, Skill Level and The Level of affinity forDarkness, Light.
They type of Available elements to summon:
The Lowest Grade Element -Light, Darkness
The Number of available Elements to Summon: 1

Honor and Delinquent made two summon circle for him as he did the ritual which strain him a bit but successfully made the pact with them. Though despite the spirits appearances as Shade is shown as a child wearinga ragged cloak, wearing a mask that shows claws holding a large bat eye over his face as Lumina’s appearance was a little girl in a white one piece dress with her hair was white flowing fire like light has formed into will-o’-the-wisp with eyes as like a child. Dark Speed formed a orb of Darkness and an orb of Light in his hands as he smirked. “Escape.”

Dark Speed was walking into downtown, consuming a dark chocolate bar “Dark Speed has gotten the powers of light and darkness. Dark Speed shall enjoy this.” Dark Speed was starting to enjoy his peace and quiet as he noticed that it was literally quiet in the busiest area of downtown until a screen appeared in front of him.

You have been force to enter an Instant Dungeon.

@#$% DARK SPEED! KNEW SOMETHING WAS OFF!!!” Dark Speed looked around and felt the bloodthirst that Game Life senses. He looked up to see darts heading towards him but he avoided it with ease, thanks to his high speed stat. Dark Speed looked up at a building to witness two adult women holding blowguns in outfits that he would see in an era before they had guns and cannons. “What... the @#$% am Dark Speed looking at? This would be a certain guys, lesbians and bi-sexuals’ happiness of livepornography.” They both jumped off and landed in front of him as Dark Speed used Observe on them females.

Member of the Amazons of the Blood LV 51

Member of the Amazons of the Blood LV 53

Dark Speed’s looked aggravated “Damn the peace and happiness to hell. Along with anyone who believes harmony is the most important in life.” Dark Speed looked at them as he narrowed his eyes “Abyss Hunters, you’re scum for hunting the weak that can’t defend themselves. That’s the animal predators responsibility to consume the prey.” The two Amazons looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders.

“We are not those weak Hunters that go for the easy targets.” Said one of them.

“We are hunting for young men like you.” Said the second one which made Dark Speed look horrified and backed away from them which made the first amazon to smacked her

“You idiot! That’s not she means young man.” Dark Speed raised his brow. “We’re just finding strong teenager males that would be eligible teenagers of the Abyss for our lovely daughters who are too far in the violent side to find a boy of their own.” Dark Speed looked at them as his eye twitched

“Super Speed, on.” Dark Speed fled from them as they were shocked

“AFTER HIM!”

FLASHBACK ENDED

(“Now Dark Speed in facing another member of those Brutal Amazons.”)Dark Speed observe her LV

< Amazons of the Blood’s Heir> Strong Love LV45

“This is the male that my fellow amazons told me about? A scrawny-looking Emo male.” Dark Speed narrowed his eyes and cross his arms.

“Dark Speed is not emotional punk fan. Dark Speed is goth.” She rolled her eyes

“Goth, Emo. It’s the same thing. Now surrender to the Amazons of the Blood and we’ll make sure your new wife is gentle.” Dark Speed looked sad

“With an attitude like that, you Strong Love shall perish alone.” Strong Love looked shocked

“I don’t know how you know my name. But it doesn’t matter.” She charged at Dark Speed with strong speed but Dark Speed pulled out his scythe and blocked her attack. She was shocked on how he manage to materialized a weapon and her eyes widen

“You!!! You’re THE GAMER!!!” Dark Speed punched her in the stomach which pushed her back a bit.

“Wrong person, copied abilities.” He said as his monsters came out of his hoodie and blinded her sight.

“Get these... things OFF!!!”

Dark Speed grabbed her by the hair and threw her to the ground. He jumped and rapid kick her in the face as he used Darkness magic to grabbed her and slammed her to a building “Reaper’s Strike!” Dark Speed’s shadow emerge from the ground and transform into the Grim Reaper himself, frightening her as it attack Strong Love with powerful hate. She fell to her knees as chains made from the shadows tied her up and didn’t move but was traumatized a bit. Dark Speed see a screen that alerted him that he gain 5 levels “Odd.” He ignore it and walked away but heard a voice.

“How... how are you this strong?” Dark Speed stopped as he closed his eyes “I heard that the Gamer is a novice to the Abyss but he manage to make a name to himself when he save the Róngyù yuēshù Guild. They said he can grow stronger in seconds from nothing, make monsters under his control. How can have his powers but not him."

"Dark Speed is not his companion Game Life nor will reveal how he gave his abilities." She snarled at him

"Than tell me." Dark Speed turned his head "Why did you refuse us? I thought teens like you would see that as a dream come true."

"Because... love itself is nothing more than a illusion to life itself and I don't love you." She was shocked to hear him speaking normal.

"You're..."

"I was once an idiot that believed in happiness, joy in life and peace is everywhere where dream can come true. Even love itself was real to me and the girl I gave my heart to. 5 years that I loved her with my heart. But love itself has it dark side. I learned that she was only dating me for a harem of boy toys to get her free stuff. My view through life was nothing but illusions and lies that I allow to cloud my sight along with an innocent heart and soul was shattered.” She raise her brow. “But even if I became your lover. I’ll never love you and personally will assassinate you and everyone of your members. You can gather many males but I will never succumb to you nor your amazon sluts. Remember this that will burn in your mind; your vision of love is nothing but shit.” Said Dark Speed as he sank into the darkness. Strong Love stared and screamed in rage as the chains vanished.


Dark Speed came out from an alleyway and escape from the I.D. trap, he walked to a mall, the one place he hates. Dark Speed looked at his feet and witness his own shoes were immediately wear and tear. “Super Speed does has it’s negative effects. Dark Speed needs new shoes and powerful ones that don’t wear out.” He walked to the shoe store “Wonder how the others are doing? Game Life and Fancy Looks are together but the others... Dark Speed wonders if their not going overboard.”


High I.Q. And Death Alchemist were fighting a robotic golem.


Tough Exo and Large Harvest were riding on a giant bee with a crown.


Sweet Tunes and Sharp Shooter were surfing on Sweet Tunes’ sitar as Sharp Shooter was shooting sharks with bull horns and tiger strips.

Author's Note:

There you go. Hope you enjoy it and leave a comment please because I’ll be busy with college work and won’t be uploading for weeks or until I get some small chances. Also please vote that with group you wish to see in the next chapter.

A: Tough Exo & Large Harvest
B: High I.Q. & Death Alchemist
C: Sweet Tunes & Sharp Shooter

Make your choice and have a nice day. The most goes first.

PreviousChapters Next