• Published 17th Dec 2017
  • 3,758 Views, 1,496 Comments

Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 4: At Luck's End (Comment Driven Story) - BrownDog77



The Final Adventure of Bugze the Changeling, AKA You. (Comment Driven Story)

  • ...
11
 1,496
 3,758

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 33: Heartwarming Reunions and House Wrecking Ridiculousness

Down with Chrysalis’s Comment

The two of you stare in awkward silence as neither of you know exactly what to say. You feel as if the staring will go on and on if you don't say anything soon, so mustering up all your courage you say,

"I'm Sorry!"

Both you and Trixie blink in surprise as you both say the same thing at the same time. You both stare at each other with ridiculous looks before you both say,

"Sorry!? Why are you sorry? I'm the one who’s sorry!"

This time you both get annoyed eyebrow twitches before you both exclaim,

"No I'm sorry! No I'm sorry! I'm the one who’s sorry! FOR THE LOVE OF MY/YOUR DAD STOP REPEATING WHAT I'M SAYING SO I CAN APOLOGIZE ALREADY!"

You then both pause for three heartbeats before you both exclaim,

“Antidisestablishmentarianism!”

As the two of you glare each other down, silence encompasses you both. Then, a twitch of your lips, a snort from her, and soon you’re both laughing out loud as the tense atmosphere vanishes. Eventually you both calm down enough and sigh.

"Hey Trixie...nice to see you again."

"Y-yeah...you too Nightshade," she smiles warmly.

“I, uh…are you doing better?” you ask nervously.

“Oh yes,” she nods. “The doctors say I’ll be out before the end of the year. It’s amazing what therapy and medication can do.”

“OK, I’ll take your word for it. I’ve never really been sick, and the only Doctor I’ve really ever known was a time traveling alien that never told the whole truth.”

“Ummm, OK?” Trixie says confused.

“Then again he’s not really a time traveler or an alien right now. He turned into a regular pony and got married and has a daughter and doesn’t even remember me and I’m just rambling now…” you cut yourself off.

“Oh no, it’s fine. Whatever you were just babbling actually makes far more sense than what some of the other patients dribble on about,” she jests and you both share a giggle. “By the way, is your father here?” At that your ears wilt down a bit.

“No. Him, Mommy and Sombra went to another dimension to get an ancient sea horse necklace.”

“I…I am not going to even begin to try and understand that one,” she says flabbergasted with a hoof to her forehead before looking a bit sad. “But the big thing I take from that is he’s not here.”

“Oh no, he would’ve come if he could, it’s just that we’ve got a very important mission you see. I was only able to come because my Grandbuggy decided we needed a day off,” you explain, and thankfully she seems to accept it.

“I understand. I was able to see him that one time though in my dreams, and while I’d like to see him in person again, I can wait. Seeing you is good enough…by the way, how did you get in here anyway?”

“I teleported,” you say as if it’s no big deal.

“Really?” she says in awe. “That’s amazing, there are anti-teleportation wards throughout this entire building so no Unicorn patients can escape.”

“Yeah, well, guess they didn’t think to add any anti-alicorn measures did they?” you say smugly as you let your wings out with a flash of green.

As you reveal your wings, Trixie looks both awed…and a little downcast.

Kichi’s Comment

“You do look like a miniature Nightmare Moon,” she mutters and your ears wilt again.

“Ahh man, not you too,” you groan and she shakes her head. She nods her head at this and looks down at the floor.

“I fair say, that knowledge only came about to the public because of me. If I had not tried to…” she cuts herself off and continues, “Then nopony would have found out. I’m sorry for the added stress my actions caused you.”

“Wait…you don’t think I’m Nightmare Moon?” you ask for clarification.

“Of course not,” she says with conviction. “Even all those years ago when I first found your father, those rumors were nonsense. He told me so himself, and I have had no reason to doubt him.”

“Thank you! You know how annoying it is to not be able to flutter your wings because some idiot thinks you’re your mom? I’m a lot younger thank you very much.”

“Your mom?” Trixie asks curiously.

“Yeah…It’s complicated. My mom used to be Nightmare Moon, now she’s in his head, we’re trying to fix that, but now everling thinks she’s evil and has been controlling daddy and blah blah blah,” you say in frustration.

“So she really does factor into this…” Trixie says in wonderment.

“Yeah…they went from hating Daddy, to wanting to ‘save him’ from Mommy. It’s really stupid,” you say in melancholy.

“Well of course it is. Your father is clearly not being controlled by another,” she announces causing you to look up in confusion.

“Wait, you really believe that? That Mommy didn’t make Daddy attack you?”

“It’s so obvious,” she hoofwaves “I don’t know much about how your father and your mother function, but I do know what it’s like to be manipulated by an otherworldly force. Your father didn’t show the signs as I did.” She emphasizes this by rubbing her neck where the amulet once rested.

“In my despair, I thought I could ease your burden of being hunted…but it only made it worse. However your family works, the rest of the world has got it wrong. None of you are evil. I had a taste of what that was like, and none of you fit that bill.”

After her speech she looks at you and her face drops at the tears welling in your eyes.

"Oh great, now I made you sad again,” Trixie bemoans.

“No, it’s not that,” you say with a sniffle and smile, which takes Trixie aback. “It’s just that…not many out there believe that we’re all good. Thank you Trixie.”

This actually gets her to come out of her funk a little bit as she smiles back.

“Trixie calls it like she sees it,” she says, unconsciously reverting back to her third person tic.

“And don’t put too much weight on your shoulders, you’ve never been evil Trixie. Maybe jealous and selfish, but never evil,” you comfort as you wipe your eyes.

“Well…aside from the amulet,” she mutters.

“Oh…right,” you rub the back of your neck. “Except for that, but that wasn’t really you anyway.”

“…It’s complicated,” she admits also rubbing the back of her neck.

“That’s what people always say, but it usually isn’t. Besides, you’re Great and Powerful, you don’t need another adverb there,” you encourage.

“…Trixie thinks you mean adjective,” she smirks.

“D’oh!” you facehoof. “Yes, that one. Stupid grammar.”

She starts laughing at this, as do you and you both just keep laughing until you peter out.

“…”

“…”

“Can I hug you?” you ask hesitantly and wishfully.

“Please do,” she implores with a big smile and tears in her eyes.

You don’t need to hear anymore as you rush forth and hug the mare that you placed so much hate on in the past, intent to make up for it. As you both hold each other, you feel Trixie shudder and gasp back sobs and you struggle not to do the same. No words are said for some time as you embrace into the warmth of her chest and she pets your mane. Eventually, you look up, still hugging her chest and look her right in the eye with all the sincerity of your being.

“…I’m sorry for hurting you Trixie.” She gives you a sorrowful smile.

“And I’m sorry for hurting you Nightshade.”

“Well, we apologized, I guess that means we can be friends again right?” you ask with a chuckle.

“Do you really mean it?” Trixie asks in hopefulness.

“Of course I do,” you reassure giving another big squeeze. Smiling even more heavily, she rests her muzzle on the top of your head.

“Very well then…friend.”

“That’s right. Friend. What you always were even if we were all too blind to see, amulet or no amulet. You’re our friend Trixie.”

“…Thank you Nightshade,” she says breathlessly before you feel her twitch as if she’s had an epiphany.

Puzzling Frost’s Comment

“Speaking of the amulet, what happened to it? I hope it’s not in anypony’s dangerous hooves,” she asks shuddering at the memory of it.

“Last I heard it was taken into hiding where no pony could find it,” you reassure.

Meanwhile In The Everfree

Zecora sits in her hut, brewing up a special elixir that would help one view the past as a spectre. Though no matter how much she tries to get it to it’s final form, it will not change from purple to white

“Hmm, on one half I am torn. I want to finish this myself, but it seems I need an alicorn,” she clicks her tongue in frustration. She then realizes that the only two she knows personally are both elsewhere in the world. One, at some summit in the Crystal Empire, the other who knows where.

“Even if you were here Nightshade, I don’t know if you’d have enough power for this escapade. Still, I hope that you and your father are alright, living peacefully and not having to fight.”

As she thinks about the friends she last saw months ago, a whimpered crying comes from outside. Looking out her window, she spots a baby manticore injured and mewling near her garden.

“Well for now I shall abandon this purple soup, that poor young cub might be lost from it’s group.”

Grabbing her staff, she exits her house and slowly and gingerly approaches the cub so as not to scare it.

“Be still little one, I will not be a bother, I just want to help you get back to your mother,” she says soothingly, causing the cub to take a submissive trusting stance.

As she is distracted though, she does not notice as a light flashes in her living room.

A brown earth pony with a yellow mane, sunglasses, a fedora and a black suit and red tie lets out a sigh as he rubs a cut on his cheek.

“Stupid bucking bugcat. Why do they always have to struggle?” he grumbles and sighs. “Then again, you send a lackey and they end up as catfood, so this is more convenient I suppose.” With that said, he looks around the place.

“Eh, could be dirtier I guess,” he shrugs. “Now, where is that stupid amulet at?”

He then looks around before his eyes catch sight of a mattress through a doorway.

“Nine times out of ten, a mare will always have important jewelry in her bedroom,” he theorizes as he makes his way into said room casually.

After a few moments of searching through drawers and clothing and other trinkets, he finds a box that looks a cut above the rest.

“And bingo was his name-o,” he says as he opens the box, and sure enough, there sits the alicorn amulet.

“Well hello there little macguffin, I’m a big fan of how you’ve stirred the pot,” he mutters creepily as he rubs his hoof along the red jewel.

“Bug boy thinks he’s going to have a clean getaway, and BAM! Trixie fight,” he chuckles to himself. “Oh that was fun. The despair, suicide attempt, Bugze going catatonic and Nightmare Moon’s secret finally exposed. Ahhh, good times.” He then closes the box and puts it in his bag.

“But unfortunately, I won’t have use for you for some time,” he sighs in melancholy. “It figures, the moment when I have so much planned, he up and disappears. By Lady Luck that shouldn’t be possible.”

Grunting in frustration he walks back into the living room.

“This only happened once before when he went to that otherworld, but even then I knew where he went. This is absolute bullspit that he’s out of my reach!” he grinds his teeth and kicks the floor.

“Now all I have are Little Ms. Badass and her scavenger hunt for whatever reason, but oh no, I can’t mess with her too much she says. Can’t carry the debt over until Bugze is dead she says! BAH!” he grunts and punches Zecora’s cauldron making a gong noise.

“Stupid bucking universal rules…But what my Lady wants, she gets,” he says with a sigh before smirking. “But hey, at least I can indirectly get at her.” He chuckles remembering how he put the time displaced Radiant Hope on the trail for hunting artifacts to at least inconvenience the little brat.

“On the plus side, that chick doesn’t even have to get directly involved herself. She’ll still search out her little coalition of baddies to help her ‘trapped and misunderstood’ boyfriend,” he slightly gags at that. “It’s certainly gonna be fun when Yanderallis is released because of her.”

“If nothing else, Hope’s little group will be a good fallback plan for when that robo-douche and his grunts fail at their Crystal Games plan. Oh I hope he eats it again, that will be delicious irony…” he then loses the sparkles of wonderment in his eyes before he groans and looks back at the floor in frustration.

“But those plans are gonna be worth buck all if that idiot and his two skullmates don’t bucking reappear again from Luck know’s where!”

After nearly popping another blood vessel, the stallion takes a deep breath and calms himself before looking in his saddlebag at the box.

“I wonder…if the impossible brat is treasure hunting, would she be tempted by more power?” A creepy smile then makes it’s way upon his lips.

“I mean, it wouldn’t be direct interference if it was just lying around near something else Nightshade was looking for. Oooh, wouldn’t it be lovely if she embraced the darkness and murdered dear old daddy with it?”

He the shudders in glee at that image.

“Ohhh, so many possibilities…Please come home bug boy, your good pal DWC still wants to play…”

As DWC revels in this demented fantasy, he finally notices the clip clop of hooves as Zecora returns down the path.

“Ah, it’s good to reunite a mother with her son. Manticore thankfulness always means no need to run,” she says joyfully.

“Aw crud, Sexy Zebra Shaman is back, and I didn’t get to take any random potions,” he moans. “Maybe I should stop bemoaning my plans and goals aloud to myself like a psychopath?...Nah.”

And just like that, despite being an earth pony, DWC disappears in a flash of light. This time though, Zecora notices.

“I do not know what was up with that flash of light, but I know somehow that something isn’t right…”

BACK WITH YOU

You suddenly feel a shiver down your spine as irony hits you like a bat out of Tartarus, and you feel Trixie do the same.

“Well that felt ominous,” she states the obvious.

“Yeah…maybe we should just keep hugging so that the cold feeling goes away?” you suggest.

“Good plan,” Trixie nods and hugs you tighter. If you were a weaker filly, you’d probably have already lost oxygen.

And as you hug your friend, ignoring the blaring fire engines and shouting guards in the streets, you wonder momentarily about the rest of your group.

Down with Chrysalis’s Comment

Meanwhile, With the Others

"Quick Fix amigo, I don't think that's how you’re supposed to treat a burn," Ahuizotl says apprehensively as he stands guard in front of the door to the patient room.

"What are you talking about? Logically ice cream is the best way to cool things down," Grandbuggy insists as he smears another dose of Rocky Road over the firework stand stallion.

"And how is a pillow duct taped to his head supposed to help his concussion again?" Greta deadpans in disbelief.

Grandbuggy rolls his eyes before saying,

"Obviously, the softness of the pillow will help lure him to sleep so he won't feel the concussion anymore. Then self healing takes over. Duct tape solves everything."

There’s a stilted silence after this, only broken by the old stallion groaning at the melted ice cream on his hide.

“Fix, how long were you undercover as a Doctor?” Ahuizotl asks.

“In total? About two days. Long enough to get my boy some medical care for free,” he says.

“Ah, that explains it then,” Greta says in understanding.

“Oi, don’t take that tone, while I was there all I saw was ponies getting wrapped in bandages and fed soup. Melted ice cream is essentially a soup!” he defends.

After another pause of disbelief from the other two Grandbuggy sighs.

“Look, you can either trust my crackpot healing methods or you can let this guy suffer. Now, Ahzi, fill that tub up with all that ointment we found in the medicine room. Birdie, wrap him up head to toe in bandages to keep the coolness in before we dunk him.”

Greta and Ahuizotl look at each other with concern before they both just shrug and do as he says.

After the stallion is wrapped up and set in the ointment, he breathes an unconscious sigh of relief as the bubbling sludge seems to soothe him.

“See, what did I tell you? This medical stuff is easy, it’s not rocket science.”

“I’m kind of angry that it’s working to be honest,” Greta pouts and crosses her arms.

“Well quit scowling birdo, it’ll put wrinkles on your forehead,” Grandbuggy laughs.

“Still Fix, shouldn’t we let someone know he’s in here so he doesn’t drown?”

“Hmm, good point,” he nods as he leads the other two out of the room and down the hall where the grumblings of grumpy ponies woken up by the explosion still fill the air. Eventually he spots a figure in a white nurse’s hat.

“Excuse me nurse, you got a moment?” he calls out.

The nurse looks up from her clipboard revealing…

WARGAMES’s Comment

A very familiar pink earth pony, albeit with heavily bagged eyes and a flat mane.
“Ugh, what is it this time? I already put sixteen patients back to bed, and I have a lot more to take care of” she groans as other patients and staff mill around the hallway.

“Hey now, ain’t you one of them Pinkie gals from Appleloosa?” Grandbuggy asks and she lets out a sigh.

“I was. Me and some of the others thought it’d be fun to go out and pursue our own lives, and I had the “great” idea to try being a nurse,” she spits at that.
“Let me give you some advice, if you think paying rent in Canterlot and getting your Nursing Degree at the same time are a wise choice, then you belong with the other nuts in here.”

“I see…” Grandbuggy says awkwardly.

“Yeah, I didn’t even realize that you had to train in hoof to hoof combat, bladed weapons, and parkour. Why do I have to learn ninjitsu? I just wanted to help sick and hurt ponies,” she complains.

“Ah, the Shirai Ryu are still running around I see,” Grandbuggy mutters before coughing into his hoof. “Well anyway Ms…Uh…”

“Number Eighteen, call me Katie,” she grunts.

“Right…Well listen, the guy responsible for all the explosions outside is in room 37 back there in the tub getting his burns treated in the tub and-“

“The jerk that set off all that noise is here?!” she screeches, startling the group. “Does he know how much of a hectic mess he’s made tonight?!”
She then starts marching off angrily.

“…I don’t think you did him any favors,” Greta observes.

“Nah, he’ll be fine,” Grandbuggy hoofwaves.

“I sincerely doubt it. And am I crazy, or did she look a lot like the Element of Harmony?” Ahuizotl asks.

“Eyup. Clone shenanigans, I’ll explain when we get on the train,” Grandbuggy glosses over much to the other two’s chagrin as he leads them further into the hospital.

“But anyway, let’s find Shade so we can get going and…”

Grandbuggy stops as he notices a light flickering down the hallway, and a certain tall figure shrouded in darkness.

“Oh Gorramit, Already?!” Grandbuggy curses as the figure steps under the flickering light more revealing his nicely tailored suit and blank face.

“Mierda! It’s that creature again,” Ahuizotl shudders.

“Not again! Just give him his twenty bits so he stops following us!” Greta advises.

“Buck that! It’s highway robbery! I’ve got a better idea!” He then shouts at the top of his lungs.

“Everypony run! A monster!” before he starts rushing down another hallway. Startled, but noticing the staring orderlies and patients, Greta and Ahuizotl chuckle awkwardly and follow suit.
Just at that moment, Katie comes down the hall, leading the wrapped up and ointment covered old stallion.

“Once we take care of your burns, you are going to pay so many fines Mr.!”

“Uuuuugggghhh,” he groans through his wrappings, not quite being able to hear through the duct taped pillow.

“AH! A MUMMY!” screams a random patient which gets all the rest to start screaming as Grandbuggy’s warning of a monster seemingly comes true.

“What?!” Katie asks before everypony starts running around, crashing into each other, tipping over gurneys and acting like chickens with their heads cut off.
Eventually, some of them grab the bandaged stallion strap him on a gurney and start wheeling him down the hall towards the front entrance screaming the whole time about getting rid of the curse.

With her left eye twitching, and many more screaming patients to deal with, Katie just facehooves and groans again.

“I should have just kept wrangling bulls…”

Further down another hall, Grandbuggy, Ahuizotl and Greta run spastically.

“You’re stupid distraction didn’t work you old fart!” Greta screeches. Looking behind himself, Grandbuggy sees Slendermane walking at his carefree pace, making the lights flicker here and there.

“Urgh! Persistent little bucker ain’t he?”

“Oh this is just getting ridiculous,” Ahuizotl declares as he turns around. “Here!” He throws twenty bits at Slendermane’s hooves. The faceless creature looks down momentarily before looking back up and continuing his casual pursuit.

“What?!” Ahuizotl says in alarm.

“He don’t want your bits dummy, he wants mine!” Grandbuggy hollers before rounding a corner. Sighing Ahuizotl continues jogging.

“Now you owe ME money Fix!”

“Noted. Alright you two, look for the name Trixie Lulamoon on any of these doors. We gotta get Shade and get out of town pronto or I’m gonna be down twenty precious bits.

“We spent more than that on lunch!” Greta growls.

“Yeah, well lunch was fun, that guy’s a stick in the mud!” Grandbuggy argues back as the trio continue to run through the halls scanning the names on the doors as they do.

Kichi’s Comment

Down with Chrysalis’s Comment

BACK WITH YOU

You eventually do unwrap yourself from Trixie and the both of you smile at each other.

“Nightshade, can you do me a favor?” she asks.

“Sure, what is it?” you ask enthusiastically.

“When you see your father again…tell him I miss him…and that I will start up my show again if you all want to come watch.”

“…Alright I will,” you agree before your face scrunches up. “But before I do, I want you to believe me about one thing.”

“And what’s that?” she asks.

“Back in our duel, that wasn’t an illusion, I DID move the moon,” you declare.
Trixie seems taken aback by this before she frowns.

“Are you still going on about that?”

“Yes! You know how hard it is to move the moon? It’s heavy, and noling believed that I did it,” you harrumph.

“Nightshade, I know you’re an alicorn, but you’re simply too young to have that much power,” Trixie insists.

“Why does everyone always think that? I’m like the only one who’s ever beaten Daddy at full power singlehoofedly.”

“…Fair point,” Trixie nods. “Very well, I believe that you moved the moon.”
“Thank you!” you say throwing up your hooves. “Now to just make sure all my friends besides Spike believe me.”

The both of you then fall into silence, and it’s only then that you two really notice the commotion on the streets below.

“By the way, what in the world is going on outside?” asks Trixie as she looks out the window.

“I have no idea actually. There was some really loud explosion. If Daddy was still in this universe, I’d suspect him, but who knows,” you shrug and look out the window.

In the distance, there are several small house fires that look to be contained by the Fireponies Down below, you see a large group of guards standing in front of the hospital putting hoofcuffs on what you can only describe as a very gooey looking mummy while a bunch of hospital staff point accusingly at it.

“…Well that’s certainly something you don’t see every day,” Trixie surmises as she looks to you with a raised brow. “Are you sure you didn’t have anything to do with this?”

“I don’t think so,” you say in all honesty. “I mean, I’m being watched by my Great Grandbuggy, and he’s not AS destructive as Daddy, and Ahuizotl and Greta haven’t really shown any love of fire.” Trixie raises her brow even higher at that.

“Ahuizotl? As in the Daring Do villain?”

“Eyup. Turns out he’s real. Not as scary or villainous as the books paint him. I think he’s got a crush on Daring Do,” you explain.

“Ha! That ship will never sail,” she declares.

“Eh, if they both keep acting weird around each other probably not,” you shrug.

“Hmmph,” Trixie scoffs. “Nightshade, I know it’s hard but sometimes you have to separate fiction from reality.”
As soon as she says that, the door bursts open, and standing in the doorway is said creature himself.

“Idiota! I found her!” he calls over his shoulder at Grandbuggy who skids to a stop, with Greta nearly crashing into him. Trixie just stares at Ahuizotl in shock and disbelief before looking at your smug face.

“I stand corrected…” Grandbuggy then pops his head in the doorway.

“Ah! Good job Ahz. Hi Shade. Evening Ma’am,” he tips his hat.

“Hi Grandbuggy,” you smile and wave.

“Hello,” Trixie waves unsurely.

“Did you get to your apologies and reconciliation?” he asks you.

“Yeah we did,” you nod. “And we’re friends again, and we hugged and-“

“Great, sorry to cut you off, but we gotta go.”

“Already? But we’ve only been here like 20 minutes,” you complain.

“Sorry honey, but Faceless McGee has caught up and we gotta skedaddle.”

“Oh for. Just give him the twenty bits and he’ll stop!” you grunt.

“Grrr,” you facehoof before turning solemnly to Trixie. “I’m sorry, but I guess I have to go because my Great Grandbuggy is a stubborn old fool.”

“I understand,” Trixie nods, before looking to Grandbuggy. “So, you’re Hoody’s Grandfather?”

“Yeah, I know, I know, I look great for my age and got a whole silver fox thing going, but sorry, no time for charm tonight baby.”

“…I was going to say pleased to meet you, but nevermind,” Trixie rolls her eyes.

“He does that,” you sigh before glaring at Grandbuggy. “Alright, so how exactly are we getting out?”

“Preferably through the front door and with all my bits intact,” Grandbuggy says matter of factly.

“But what about all the guards outside?” you point out.

“Huh?” Grandbuggy sputters before he, Ahuizotl and Greta look outside and see the grilling the bandaged stallion for information.

“Okay…this certainly throws a wrench in the plan,” Grandbuggy clicks his tongue.

“That guy can not catch a break,” Ahuizotl says sympathetically.

“Forget about him, what about us?” Greta squawks. “I haven’t seen that many guards since Fazbears went up!”

“Oh, good idea. If we set the place on fire then they’ll never…no wait, what the Tartarus am I thinking,” Grandbuggy bops his forehead. “We’d never get enough accelerant to light the whole thing at once…Plus everyling in here would burn.”

“Yeah, let’s avoid that. What even happened out there?” you ask.

“A whole lot of dumb stuff kid,” Greta shakes her head.

“Why can’t we just walk out? We haven’t exactly done anything illegal…at least in this city,” says Ahuizotl.

“Yeah, I’d rather not risk it,” Greta says nervously.

“Well whatever the case, we gotta go,” Grandbuggy insists as he turns around before freezing in his tracks as Slendermane is standing in the doorway.

“Gorramit!”

“What in the world is that thing?!” Trixie shrieks.

“Some eldritch horror thing that really wants his money,” you roll your eyes.

“Well, there’s no getting around it now Fix, give him his cash,” Ahuizotl gestures.
Grandbuggy, at a loss for words or an exit seems to deflate a bit at his loss. The faceless monster holds his hoof out, waiting to be paid.

“Gorrammit,” Grandbuggy grumbles and reaches into his saddle bags…

“Alright you degenerates, out of my hospital now!” When suddenly, the very cross looking Pinkie clone from earlier shouts out from behind the creature, causing even him to look back at her.

“Pinkie Pie?” you ask in confusion.

“No! It’s Katie! And you five need to leave Ms. Lulamoon alone so she can get her sleep!”

“I’m alright actually,” Trixie says.

“No no, you need at least eight hours of uninterrupted sleep, otherwise you’ll feel groggy in the morning!” Katie insists before glaring at your group and Slendermane. “Now, move on!”

“Can’t ma’am. There’s guards blocking the roads outside, and this relentless jerk won’t let us leave,” Grandbuggy points to the faceless stallion.

“Oh for-Fine!” Katie facehooves before she starts doing rapid movements with her hooves. “If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself! Kage Bunshin no jutsu!"

Suddenly two large plumes of smoke go off at her sides, and when it clears, there are two other Katies there.

“Visiting hours are over!” she cries as her two clones rush forth, pick up the seemingly confused Slendermane and run with him down the hallway.

“…Tonight is a rollercoaster of randomness. I’m not dreaming right?” Trixie asks.

“No, but if you were I’d still visit,” you say patting her leg.
Katie then gives you all a stern look.

“That means you four as well! Now, step out of the room.”

“Yes senora,” Ahuizotl nods and steps out.

“Don’t have to tell me twice,” Greta says doing the same.

“Thanks for the help balloony clone,” Grandbuggy nods stepping out. Once they’re all gone, you look back at Trixie before giving her one last hug.

“I’ll see you around Trixie, get even more better ok?”

“Oh I will Nightshade. I will,” she assures you, ruffling your mane.

“Next time you see me, hopefully Mommy will have her own body and you can meet her too.”

“I look forward to it,” she smiles. “But run along now, before the nurse gets more aggressive.”

Nodding you head out the door, and as you close it behind you, you and Trixie wave goodbye. Once the door is closed, you see that Katie is directing your group to stand in a certain spot, so you join them.

“It’s still pretty impressive that you can do that technique, what with being a clone yourself and all,” Grandbuggy compliments.

“Yeah yeah yeah, I get the irony,” she rolls her eyes. “Now, once I get you out, travel for about five miles never taking any left turns, and you’ll find an exit near the old abandoned mines.”

“Well that’s certainly convenient,” you say happily.

“And if you ever set hoof in this Hospital again, I will show no mercy,” she threatens and all of you feel a shiver go up your spines.

“Alright alright. So what exactly are we doing standing-“

"Ninpo: Hidden Lever No Jutsu!" She shouts as she pulls a picture on the wall towards.

"Hidden, whaaaaaa..." Ahuizotl starts before a hole opens under you all and you fall.

“Curse You Pinkie Clones!” you shout as you all plunge into darkness.

When you are all gone, Katie pushes the picture back into place and sighs.

“Well, still got another 8 hours of this 18 hour shift.” As she turns to leave, she sees Slendermane with his hooves on his hips looking upset.

“Oh Buck Off You Weirdo!” she growls as she proceeds to make more clones appear to carry him off again.

The Next Day

After falling through the trap door, you all ended up in another branch of the crystal caves beneath Canterlot on top of a pile of mattresses. Seems Ninja Nurses have their own hidden pathways. After eventually finding your way back to Grandbuggy’s cave and resting for the night, you set out in the morning back to the train station. The fires were contained, but word around is that the fabled Mummy of St. Megan’s was responsible for the conflagration.

We now find you on said train, as it sets off for your next destination, Rainbow Falls.

“Alright, I’ll address the elephant in the room,” Grandbuggy speaks up.

“Where?!” you look around excitedly.

“Figure of speech kiddo.”

“Oh…” you look down in disappointment.

“But yeah, I will be the first to admit that our little detour didn’t turn out nearly as relaxing as I’d hoped.”

“You can say that again,” Ahuizotl crosses his arms. “We didn’t find a single artifact, and now we’re all in grumpy moods.”

“I’m actually not that grumpy, aside from the no elephant thing,” you say in all seriousness. “I got to do a good thing. I’m friends with Trixie again.”

“Well…I will admit it was entertaining at least,” Greta says. “What with dance battles, the big guy getting his heart broken, the kid getting closure, and the explosions. The only thing I didn’t like was the big group of guards.”

“Wait, so are you telling me the only sourpuss is Ahzi?” Grandbuggy asks in surprise.

“Oi!” he grunts.

“It was kind of fun and emotional what we all went through Grandbuggy…but I think all the shenanigans is just the universe telling us that we have to get on with our mission,” you theorize.

“Heh, can’t exactly argue with that,” he nods.

“Although, I do kind of feel bad about that fireworks guy,” you say pointing to the morning paper with the headline.

Mummy of St. Megan’s faces 600 Hours of Community Service.

And a mug shot of the stallion, still wrapped in bandages and a sad frown on his face.

“Eh, he got off easy. At the end of the day it was his own danged fault for having a fireworks stand at the bottom of a hill,” Grandbuggy excuses.

“Whatever,” Ahuizotl rolls his eyes.

“Ugh, will you stop moping?” you groan. “It’s not like you’re not going to see her again.”

“I know, and that’s what bugs me. How do I even speak to her about this situation?” Ahuizotl whines.

“You’ll figure it out, you’re a big boy,” Grandbuggy rolls his eyes.

“Says the old bug who won’t pay his debts even when it’s detrimental to the group,” he grumbles.

“It’s a matter of principle!” Grandbuggy argues.

“And what principle is that?” asks Greta.

“The ‘I Don’t Want to Pay That Weirdo’ Principle.”

Rolling your eyes as they start bickering again, you look out the window. It’s gonna take you a few days to get to Rainbow Falls, where you will get back to your quest. You are more than happy over your reunion with Trixie, and her forgiveness fills you with determination.
You are going to collect all the artifacts for Mommy and Sombra, and Daddy will finally see that you can be responsible and not freak out all the time.

Although with our little detour, he’s probably far ahead of us in his own quest…

POV CHANGE: BUGZE

HUMAN LAND

“I still can’t believe I got us fired,” you groan into your disgusting human hands as you sit in the backseat of Sombra’s car.

“I kind of did think something would come of you announcing yourself as the Hooded Offender in the mall and all, but God I didn’t think Cinch would be that bitchy,” B2 sympathizes from the front seat.

FLASHBACK

Two days ago, after punching Human Twilight’s Bullies’ Lockers, you were summoned to Cinch’s office, and were promptly let go.

"What do you mean I'm fired?! Who the buck do you think you are Cinch?!"

Bugze calm down, it won't be productive punching this old crone Selena instructs.

You reluctantly will your human fist to uncurl, though you still want to strike the stupid lady.

“I mean exactly what I said. After that little stunt you pulled in the mall the other day, it’s clear that your Rock N Roll lifestyle is clearly not behind you. I cannot have that mischief tarnishing this Academy.”

You look flabbergasted between her and the despondent looking Cadence who remains silent.

“Oh come on! You’re like the only person that even knew that was me! Come on, B2-I mean, I need this job!”

“I sincerely doubt that, what with dropping that amount of gold at the mall, not to mention the cost of the effects,” Cinch says mercilessly.

“But that was practically all I had,” you whine.

“Be that as it may, it’s clear that you’re not as down on your luck as you claimed, and that whatever reason you are at this school is for some come back scheme for your band. Probably to become “Hip” with the young people.”

“But that’s not tr-“

“Now, please empty your locker and leave this campus immediately before I call the police,” she threatens.

“Fine! Buck You and Buck Your Academy Too!” you exclaim as you break your mop in half and storm out of the room.

BACK TO THE PRESENT

“Yeah, well, that old bat is evil incarnate. If you ever get rich and famous again, teach her a lesson will you?” you plead.

“Yeah I will,” he nods in agreement. “Besides, maybe it’s a blessing in disguise. We know the magic portal isn’t there, and now that we’re free, maybe we actually can bring the band back together.”

“Uh huh, and meanwhile the two of you are just going to keep eating into my savings like the bums you are,” Humbra grumbles as he drives.

“It’s a long term investment Som,” B2 rolls his eyes. “Once we get Bugze home and get things back on track, you’ll get repaid ten times over.”

“I highly doubt that,” he sighs as he makes a turn.

Riding in a car is definitely better than a bus you’ve found. It’s still faster than a cart, but at least it reminds you of Derby Racing. Still, Sombra’s backseat doesn’t smell any better than a bus.

“I just hope Twinkle Sprinkle’s OK without our mentoring. That’s the one downside of being banished from Crystal Prep,” B2 says with worry.

Sighing, you say, “She’s a smart girl, in both realities, I’m sure she’ll be fine. It’s still kind of weird how she’s not friends with the rest of the Deadly 6 of your world. If I could remember where that lemonade stand was, I would have at least directed her to Pinkie.”

“Yeah, well, life happens man,” he pats your shoulder. “But I’m sure we’ll see the little squirt again. That dish of a Vice Principal wants to meet with us tomorrow for lunch and she’s banging her brother, so who knows.”

After being fired, Human Cadence had come to you saying that you needed to talk. You exchanged numbers, and she set up a meeting for lunch, but you told B2 he could do that. You think it’s something more for him to hear.

Besides, she’s not my Cadence. I’d feel pretty scummy if I pretended to be the B2 that she knew.

Isn’t that the whole basis for your entire species? Sombra mocks.

Well yeah but…Shut up! You grumble as he laughs.

Still though, sending him off on his own might be detrimental. Whatever he does in public will reflect you, Selena warns.

Oh he’ll be fine. The only reason all three of us are going to tonight’s meeting is because it has to do with our hunt, you declare.

As if reading your thoughts, B2 speaks up again.

“By the way, why are we driving out to some roadside diner in the middle of the night instead of just meeting these girls in a café again?”

“Because, the last thing we need now that we’re in the public consciousness again, is to have a photograph taken of us eating with three teenage girls,” Human Sombra grumbles. “This time of night, away from more crowded places is ideal.”

“Oh yeah, because nothing screams suspicious like meeting them like a husband sneaking out on his wife,” B2 rolls his eyes.

“Hey, you two are the ones who wanted to even meet up with them, I’m just being cautious,” he argues.

“Then why didn’t we just invite them to your place if you wanted to avoid possible sighting?” you ask, which causes both of them to turn around and look at you in disbelief. “What?”

B2 and Human Sombra then look at each other and shake their heads in pity.

“Still hard to believe there’s an even stupider you around,” Sombra sighs.

“I know right?” B2 agrees.

“Hey!” you say in indignation.

Yesterday, you received a text from Sonata Dusk, asking to meet with her and her sisters. Since you had no job anymore and they were in the business of hunting for magic items, you decided it was the best course of action.

Thanks to Humbra’s paranoia, you scheduled to meet them late at night in a cheap diner where no one would suspect former rock stars to eat at.

Hopefully these girls will be able to help us. On top of finding the siren stones, we still gotta find that gateway home. Nightshade’s probably bored out of her mind without us around.

With your Grandfather around, I’m sure she’s plenty entertained.

I’d even wager and say she’s off having even more interesting adventures than we are.

Pfft, Nah. She knows better than that, you dismiss, ignoring the strange sense of irony that hits you.

“Alright, look alive dumbasses, we’re here,” Humbra says as he pulls into a parking spot under a streetlight.

Exiting the vehicle you stand in front of the cheap diner. It even has a big glass window all along it. The three of you walk inside, making the chime go off, and you notice that a few people seem to be arguing in their booths. Even a waitress seems to be arguing with a customer.

“Yeesh, did someone piss in their coffee or something?” B2 asks.

“Well on the bright side, if everyone’s bitching at each other, we won’t be noticed,” Sombra smirks.

“There is that,” you agree as you scan the booths, and eventually you do spot a familiar blue ponytail.

“Oh there she is. Hey Sonata!” you call out to her, causing her to turn around. Once she spots you she smiles and waves.

“Hi Mr. Bugze!” she calls out. “Come on over, we saved room for you. We’re going to have Chili Fries!”

“Oh kickass!” B2 says exuberantly as you all walk to the booth. Once you all arrive, you spy the other two human girls that must be Sonata’s sisters. One is purple, bored looking, and with her hair in twin tails, and the other is orange, with a big bushy head of hair, and is smiling while eyeing you all like a predator.

Huh, so these are the two that Sonata says keep berating her. I don’t know, they seem kind of nice.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Author's Note:

Oh Look, Three Magic Hunting Sisters That Can Help Bugze and Co…Right?

Hey Hive-Mind,
Well, looks like we’re back to our favorite Bug Boy in Human Land Shenanigans. Let’s see if Bugze makes some new friends or not.

Remember, Bugze and Everyone think the Sirens died a thousand years ago, and that their race is extinct, and that any magic human is their descendants. From the Siren’s point of view, it’s only been like a year of exile. Both sides don’t know about each other, aside from the Mall Incident with the Incredible Flulk and have been somewhat secretive.

Do with that what you will.

For Last Chapter’s Question, only a few answered, but to those that did, I am actually excited as well for the same. The movie I’m looking forward to the most is Godzilla: King of the Monsters, because I love that radioactive fire breathing Kaiju, and I always will.

For Today’s Question,

What are some games this year you’re looking forward to.

Let me know, because only a few are on my radar, but maybe you’ll open my eyes to something else.

Well that’s all for now. See you next chapter Hive-Mind,

Brown Dog.

PreviousChapters Next