• Published 17th Dec 2017
  • 3,749 Views, 1,495 Comments

Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 4: At Luck's End (Comment Driven Story) - BrownDog77



The Final Adventure of Bugze the Changeling, AKA You. (Comment Driven Story)

  • ...
11
 1,495
 3,749

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 48: Migraines and Mania

Puzzling Frost’s Comment

Kichi’s Comment

As you sweat what you can safely presume is pure booze nervously, daring growls and marches toward you. Flash worried for your safety steps between the two of you.

“Now ma’am I know you’re mad but please don’t-” He doesn’t get to finish as Daring pulls of her shall and tosses it onto Flash blinding and disorienting him. With little effort she picks up and throws Flash to the other side of the room shouting,

MOVE!” With a thud Flash lands into a bookshelf, or what’s left of one seeing as it’s already broken, and falls head first into the piled up books beneath it. Daring grabs you by the neck and pulls you in close to see her raging eyes.
“You stupid son of a bull!” she growls grinding her teeth. You of course being hungover respond appropriately.

“Whoa there Missy, no need to be so forward,” you slur, causing her to blush angrily. “I’m flattered, but I’d hate to steal Ahuizotl’s gal.” Daring growls as a visible vein appears on her forehead and she flings you toward Flash just as he digs his head out of the shawl. Your foreheads collide with the sound of two coconuts hitting together, and just makes the both of you even more miserable.

“Why yes mother I’d like another cookie,” you say dazed as Flash groans. Shaking your head you climb off of him, flop to the ground since your limbs are still tied, and blearily glare at her. “Jeez mare, I can see why Ahui likes you now,” you chuckle as she groans.

“I’m not! We’re not! Grrr! Why can't you just leave me alone you crazy old changeling?!” she huffs. Flash shakes his head as he stands up. When he looks again at Daring his eyes widen at the sight of her.

“Wait…Daring? As in Daring Do? You’re…you’re real?” he gasps.

“No, as in daring me not to slam your head into a wall,” she mocks before yelling. “OF COURSE I’M DARING DO!” she growls before she closes her eyes and starts counting to ten under her breath.

“No way…I thought that was fan rumor spread around after the signing in Canterlot,” Flash exposits with wide eyes as Daring groans rubbing her temples.

"Great, another fan...” she mumbles before glaring at the guard. “And don’t remind me of that disastrous day! Ugh! I wanted my identity to remain a secret, but thanks to that buffoon and his group my entire career and life as A.K. Yearling has been jeopardized! And to add insult to injury, I lost my favorite hat!” She then sighs as she goes over to her couch, brushes some debris off of it, and plops down, covering her eyes.

“And now I’ve got to clean the bucking house up too…”

Since both your front hooves and back hooves are still currently tied, you just lie on the floor like a dead fish, while Flash takes a step over you.

“Again ma’am, this wasn’t either of our doings. The place was already trashed when we got here,” he explains and she opens her eye at that.

“Really?” she asks a bit in concern as she immediately sits up and starts rummaging through the junk all over her floor.

“Yes…and can I just say it’s an honor to meet you?” Flash says a bit startstruck.

“Uh Huh, sure,” she grunts offhandedly as she continues looking for something.

Flash, a bit giddily looks down at you.

“So you’ve crossed path with Daring Do huh? I’d heard her next book would deal with Nightmare Moon in some way, but now that I know she’s real that takes on a whole new connotation.”

“I wouldn’t say I know her well,” you admit. “More like we just keep crossing paths, though me and her boyfriend Ahuizotl go way back.”

“HE’S MY ENEMY AND NOTHING MORE!!” Daring shouts in embarrassment as she throws a broken chest to the side.

“Yeah, it’s a sore subject with them,” you shrug and Flash’s eyes widen in realization.

“That cat thing I saw with you…that was Ahuizotl? The real life Ahuizotl?”

“Trust me, he’s not all that great in person,” you grunt, but Daring overhears and whips her head around.

“Is he around too? Still wanting his stupid money he thinks he deserves?!” she growls.

"Actually, I have no idea,” you say as your head spins. “My heads not exactly sharp this morning…or whenever it is.”

“He’s been drained of life energy Ms. Do,” Flash explains.

Huh, ain’t heard it called that before, you ponder as he continues.

“But if that was really Ahuizotl I saw, he and the others Nightmare Moon has gathered are back near the Dragon Lands a few hundred miles away.

“What The Buck?! Hundreds of Miles?!” you shout, hurting your own ears as they look back at you.

How the Buck Did I Sleep Through That?!

“Well that’s one relief I guess,” Daring sighs as she picks up a book with a horseshoe on it, which turns out to be a secret box when it opens, showing a large golden ring. “Ah, thank goodness, still safe.”

“That ain’t a dang relief! Where the buck am I?!” you demand, but Flash places a hoof on your forehead.

“Easy now, you’re still weak.”

“I may be weak, but I’m still pissed,” you say batting his hoof away, and as you do, you realize there is something missing from the top of your head. “AND WHERE THE BUCK IS MY BOWLER?!!”

Your head thumps loudly, but you can’t help but feel it wouldn’t be so bad if your longest companion, your amazing and smooth hat were still upon your head.

“I didn’t see a hat…” Flash says meekly as you start groaning and thrashing on the ground in anger.

Gorramnit! Motherbucker! I Hate Everything Today! You tantrum as Daring walks next to Flash.

“So, I take it that giant metallic golem looking thing with the solar panel chargers in my backyard is yours?”

“Yeah,” Flash nods. “It was overheating and needed to recharge and cool off. “Shouldn’t take more than two hours at the most.”

“OK, and you didn’t see anypony else here who could have done this to my house?”

“No ma’am. None that I could see anyway,” he shrugs while you still flop about.

“Soooo, you’ve dealt with him before then?” she inquires.

“You could say that…if you didn’t know Ms. Do, this is actually the Hooded Offender.”

Wait What?! You stop fumbling in shock.

“Wait, What?!” Daring echoes aloud to the guard.

“That’s right,” he nods, “Nightmare Moon did this to him.”

Did what to me? Got me drunk? She’s in another universe with my boy!

Daring then looks down at you, and you can taste the pity flowing off of her.

“Then…then why is Ahuizotl and that Griffon with them?”

“I would imagine gathering villainous allies,” Flash shrugs before a thought comes to him. “Wait a second. That rumor in Canterlot… if Ahuizotl was there, then so was she!”

“Yeah, they were there alright,” Daring mutters and Flash has another brain blast.

“That means the fires caused by that old stallion’s stand were probably set off by her!”

“Well actually,” you try to butt in, but he talks over you.

“Oh My Gosh! That poor old stallion! He got fined so many bits for that! Yet another life ruined by Nightmare Moon,” Flash snarls in anger before calming himself down. “It’s OK, with this news, maybe things can be set right…”

“I don’t know anything about fireworks or fires, but I did run into them in Canterlot,” Daring admits. “Though that’s not the first time I met them.” Flash then looks to her inquisitively.

“Now, I really don’t like spoilers for your books, but when you encountered him, did he already look like this? And did you happen to run into a black alicorn filly?”

“I did,” she nods in understanding. “He already looked like this when I met. And as for that filly, she was a foul mouthed little brat and kept claiming she wasn’t actually Nightmare Moon, that she was her daughter.”

“I see,” Flash nods as he puts a hoof to his chin. “The filly had been around for a long time, so perhaps the boogeymare is having identity issues now that she’s been made whole.”

“What conclusions are you all drawing?!” you growl as you try to wriggle your hooves out of their binds.

“As for him, he seemed devoted to her, despite looking like this,” Daring says nodding to you.

“I see. I feared that actually,” Flash sighs and shakes his head. “That’s why I had him tied up in the first place. Being possessed by her for so long must have taken a toll on his psyche and made him feel drawn to his captor.”

“Ah, Stockholm’s, got it,” Daring nods.

“Oh For Pete’s Sake!” you bellow as even more ponies start jumping to conclusions.

Shade’s gonna be mad if she hears this, you think to yourself before your eyes widen in realization. Oh crap Nightshade! She’s all alone! Er...well she’s still with Ahui, Bird Cat and the scalies, but still! You begin inchworming your way towards the door, but stop and pant when a migraine hits.

“Gah! Stupid bucking poker game, stupid bucking drinking contest!” you complain as Flash steps in front of you.

“Whoa there, where are you trying to go?” he asks.

“I’ve gotta get back to her! She can’t be left alone, not right now!” you implore, thinking of the Alicorn Amulet shards in her chest.

“No way, I’m not letting you run back to that demon. Not after you two have finally been separated,” Flash insists as he puts a hoof on your back. A spike of anger flashes through you and you turn around and bite his hoof hard.

“YOWCH!” he cries out and pulls his hoof out of your maw, shaking it. “What was that for?”

DON’T YOU EVER CALL HER A DEMON YOU SON OF A BITCH! SHE’S A PRECIOUS LITTLE ANGEL!” you threaten because no one insults your kin.

“Bugze…” he says in pity before he closes his eyes and sighs. “Her mind games are going to be a pain to fix…but the princesses will save you I swear.”

“I don’t need saving ya dang idjit! I just need some gorramned peace and quiet away from all this stupidity! Now quite being an idiot Sentry, or I’ll whip you like I did your ancestor Magnus!” He is understandably a bit confused by that, but before he can think more on it, Daring speaks up.

“Sentry? As in Flash Sentry?” she asks, causing the guard to turn to her in wonderment.

“You know of me?” he asks eagerly.

“Yeah…I’ve heard of you alright,” Daring says cautiously as she reaches for something in her vest pocket.

“Oh My Gosh! I can’t believe Daring Do herself knows about me!” he fangasms. “This is fantas-“

He is interrupted as Daring slaps a piece of paper covered in neighponese script onto his forehead. Everything falls into an awkward, though blessed silence as nothing happens.

“Uhhh?”

“It’s a neighponese exorcism note,” Daring says a bit in confusion. “I’d heard through the vine that you were hounded by belligerent, rage filled spirits that could affect others.”

“Oh, right. Don’t worry about that, those jerks left me some time ago,” he says with a smile as he discreetly pockets the note.

Oh this is some Bullspit right here, you think to yourself as you eye the kicked in door. If Shade and the others are hundreds of miles away, then they ain’t finding me anytime soon. They won’t even know what direction to look. I’ve gotta make a break for it when the chance arises and try to meet them halfway somewhere.

You then look back at the two pegasi behind you.

Just_another_guy’s Comment

These idiots think I’m the boy in some stupid roundabout way…maybe if I play the victim and confirm their beliefs, they might slip up and free my dang hooves, you ponder through your pounding brain. I just hope Shade’s reputation ain’t tarnished too much after this, but I gotta stall. It’s all I can do right now.

*Cough* *cough* "Flash..." You say, in your hurt old bug voice. "Is that you old buddy, old pal?"

“Bugze?” he says softly. “Yeah Bugze it’s me.”

Heh, if only the boy was as good as me at acting, you think smugly.

"Tell, me *cough* how long has it been?"

"I don't know, a year? Maybe more?" he guesses.

OK, time to lie with a kernel of truth. They think my mind’s gone bonkers, let’s confirm that.

"For me it has been many, many years since I last saw you…” He looks taken aback by those words, if only for a moment.

"Bugze... What do you-"

"I traveled through time and space for many years,” you say without a hint of sarcasm.

Flash stares at you, looks back at Daring, then back at you.

“His mind seems to be a lot more scrambled than I thought,” he says sadly.

“That’s an understatement,” Daring nods, and you know you got them.

“But it’s true. I traveled in a box to the outer reaches of space and tangoed with the worst of extraterrestrials,” you recount as you stall, both to make them less cautious, and for you to work at your binds.

Hopefully Shade and the others head for the rail road tracks so I can find them again. I mean, why wouldn’t they? There’s no other way they could figure out my direction.

POV SHIFT: Nightshade

Puzzling Frost’s Comment

WARGAMES’s Comment

"UGH why can't you just go faster?! Grandbuggy's in danger!" You shout to the eldritch horror. Slendy however simply ignores you and continues walking slowly. You growl in annoyance.

“I don’t think it’s any use shouting at him Niña. He’s an entity outside of normal reasoning,” Ahuizotl says from behind you and you shoot him a stink eye.

“Well just because he comes from the space between spaces doesn’t mean he has to be such a slow moving jerk!”

Garble trails behind him, looking nervous about you and the shards that are slowly glowing brighter. Greta and Ember meanwhile are having an intense conversation.

“But how can it live without a mouth? How does it breathe and eat?!” the blue princess asks, still not over the fact that the abomination in front of you exists.

“For the last time, I don’t know!” Greta squawks as she holds a talon to her forehead.

“I mean, it looks like a pony, but did it like escape Tartarus or something?”

Greta sighs as the dragon keeps pestering her, and truthfully, it’s getting on your nerves too.

Who gives a crap how this guy works! He’s useless, useless, useless! He doesn’t care about our plight, he just wants to make me suffer! You growl in anger, the shine of your ornaments glowing even brighter. He's my only way of tracking Grandbuggy, but a dang turtle would be faster! Ugh! Why don’t we have a bucking map, or something? Then we could guess where he’s headed. But no, we get stuck with the most useless compass in the wo-

A light bulb goes off and you get an idea. Your horn glows as you lift Slendy off the ground, this confuses him as he whips his head left and right. Your horn glows brighter with a hint of red as do your shards. With great effort you forcibly make him straight as an arrow much to his discomfort and disbelief. He floats above you and he keeps trying to walk in a certain direction. Every time you turn him, he swivels back towards the direction he wants.

"Uh Nightshade, what are doing?" Greta asks worriedly. You turn your head to them with a sudden snap that makes them jump back.

"Since this flankhole here is taking so long I decided to make him more useful,” You say with a sadistic glee before flying off through the forest toward your destination. “Better keep up slowpokes!” The group stands there terrified and worried.

"Well that makes things easier I guess?" Greta says gulping as Ahuizotl's gaze narrows.

"Something is definitely wrong with her. We need to remove those shards from her and soon. Or I fear she might do something she'll regret," he warns before chasing after her.

“I’m so confused. What’s up with those shards again?” Ember asks.

“They’re part of an ancient artifact that makes her uber levels of powerful,” Garble explains as they follow after Ahuizotl and Greta.

Up above the trees, you fly a little quicker now that you aren’t taking a casual pace, and Slender continues trying to walk towards Grandbuggy despite levitating.

“See?! Was this so hard?! If you had been a team player in the first place we wouldn’t have had to resort to this you stupid faceless moron!” you chide the monstrosity. Even though he continues trying to walk, tentacles sprouting from his back still press against the sides of the orb you have him in.

“Quit trying to break out! This is your new home now!” you shout maliciously with a laugh. Suddenly, Slendermane stops walking in midair and stands stock still.

“Huh?! Did we find him?!” you gasp excitedly as you look down at the ground. All you see are more trees, and in the distance your friends.

“We didn’t even go that far,” you say looking up. “But why else would you stop wal-“

You stop as you see Slendermane’s faceless face facing you, despite his body facing the opposite direction. The tentacles release a dark miasma against your bubble and suddenly an invasive white noise fills your head.

“AAAAAHHHH!!!” you shout as you hold your head in pain and both of you fall to the ground. You hover before striking, lessening it, but Slendemane full on lands in a tree, cracking many branches.

“Motherbucker That Hurt!” you shriek as you shake your head and glare at the faceless stallion. He just looks at you silently, and starts making his way out of the branches. You begin to levitate him again to speed up the process.

“Alright, don’t you do that static thing again or I swear I’ll” you start, but you shriek again as not only the white noise comes back to your head, but also some sort of spastic chanting.

“AAHHH!!!” you shriek again and drop him. “Cut that out you stupid…stupid…”

You trail off as he drags himself out of the tree and starts walking…into the tree.

Kichi’s Comment

“What the buck?” you mutter as he keeps walking over and over again into the tree.

“Just go around it you idiot!” you shout, but he does not. Growling angrily, you shoot a magic missile at the tree, blowing it to splinters, and he walks through it. It’s not even a second later that he starts walking into another tree.

“Oh Come On!” you shout in frustration. “You’re just bucking with me now aren’t you?!”

He of course doesn’t answer you, but you’re pretty sure that’s the case.

“AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!” you shout to the heavens as he gets vengeance on you for having used him as a compass. “What the buck do you want from me?! First you’re too slow, and then when you’re helpful you blast my brain, and now you’re just being a huge jerk! I ought to rip out your cold black heart and…” you stop ranting as you see your shards glowing bright.

Ello Calebero’s Comment

Aw Crap! Getting too angry, you think in worry as you sit down. OK, what does daddy do to come out of a rage?

You ponder to the many fights he’s had, and how he was calmed down…and the diagnosis isn’t pretty.

OK, so either I take things too far and get eaten by guilt, have mommy talk me down from inside my head, or have myself calm me down…Well that’s not helpful!

You then stop focusing on how Daddy deals with things, and try to incorporate some methods you saw Zecora using.

OK, just breathe and think happy thoughts. Happy thoughts, you mentally chant as you close your eyes.

You imagine the times spent with Daddy and Mommy inside his dreams, all together. You think about when you first broke Sombra down into being your friend for real. You imagine your sick dance battle in Canterlot with Grandbuggy…and then you start panicking because none of them are here, and Grandbuggy is still in danger.

Dang it, Dang it! You grit your teeth and clench your eyes harder. OK, just think of someone who would calm you down like you calm daddy down like…like Spike!

You then imagine your favorite dragon, smiling and hanging out with you as you remember the good times and you actually feel a lot less stressed. You let out a sigh of contentment as you think about your best friend and how when the whole world stops hating your family, you and him can hang out more and grow up together.

You imagine your older self from when Trixie messed with your body standing next to him as a tall muscular drake without wings, wearing a loose fitting robe. The sleeves long torn off from years of battle doing little to hide the rippling waves of scales that covered his powerful physique. Each one shone like the gems he so craved, but not as much as he loved the beautiful Nightshade that he so cared for, standing from the battlefield eclipsing the sea of death that lay at his feet by his mere pretense. In his claws was a weapon unlike the world had ever comprehended, two beams of light elegantly emerging from what seemed like a pair of nuckaku yet managing to stay perfectly straight. He looked upon your older self with a smoldering gaze that could set her aflame at any moment. Closing his eyes he spoke with a manly voice befitting his stature and in clear defiance spoke of an innocent fool who only knew how to love.

He speaks to your older self in impeccable neighponese but you understand anyway (Nightshade with your love there is nothing I can’t do. Though I have no wings you give me the strength to soar all the same. ) opening his eyes full of passion as if already knowing the answer to what he was about to ask he said (Will you fly with me my majestic Nightshade?)

Your older self reached longingly for her draconic dream, replying in the same elegant neighponese. (I wi-)

“Nightshade, what are you doing?”

“HUH?!” you snap your eyes open, your hoof outstretched as you see your group has caught up with you.

“I said what are you doing sitting on the ground?” asks Ahuizotl.

“Yeah, and why’s your face all red?” asks Greta.

“And your tongue hanging out?” adds Garble.

“NOTHING! I WASN’T DAYDREAMING!!!” you deny heavily as you look around with shifty eyes.

The others look at each other perplexed before they shrug it off. Sighing in relief, you look down at your chest, but instead of your shards fading, they actually seem to be glowing brighter.

SERIOUSLY!!! Buck You Stupid Hormones! I blame that stupid romance book Sweetie brought to the clubhouse that one time! You think angrily.

“Say, what’ wrong with the creepy guy?” Ember asks pointing to Slendermane who is still walking into a tree over and over again.

“Being a flankhole because I picked him up!” you snap as you stamp over to him.

“Look, I’m sorry about earlier, can you just keep walking?! I prefer that to this!”

He doesn’t acknowledge you and continues to act like bad AI during an escort mission. By now, your emotionally blended brain has enough and you reach a breaking point as your eyes glow pure white.

Puzzling Frost’s Comment

"Mother Bucker MOVE!" You roar, blasting Slendy through the tree and down many yards away, making a crater. The group gasps thinking the worst, only for him to pop up shaking his head a bit before continuing to walk in Grandbuggy's direction, and this time, he’s not trying to clip through trees.

"Oh well that works,” you smile cruelly, your eyes still glowing as you zoom up ahead, preparing another blast.

“OK, the little pony’s gone nuts,” Ember observes.

"Why couldn't my rival have been just another dragon?" Garble groans.

The Pony Spartan’s Comment

And second verse, same as the first, you blast Slendermane far ahead of you, causing him to make another crater, only to get up and keep walking.

Hah! And because I’m just blasting him, he can’t put static in my brain anymore! You think in triumph as you cackle madly and blast him yet again.

“You didn’t want to be a compass, so you’ll be a divining rod instead!” you shout to him as you once again, shoot him, but this time you keep juggling him in the air, prolonging his time in the air.

“Nightshade, wait up!” you hear Greta call from way behind you, but you ignore her and continue your new found speedier process.

They at least can keep track of you due to the craters, but they are way behind after some time passes.

After who knows how long of blasting and cackling the faceless monster, you decide to take a fiver and sit down. He once again leaves his crater and keeps walking and you pant from the exertion of consistent malice.

“I’ll catch up with you in a second you freak!” you taunt as he walks further down the road and you take a drink of water from your water bottle.

Mangle pops her head out of your inventory and gives a questioning bark.

“No need to worry Mangle, I’ll get to Grandbuggy one blast at a time. You just keep hold of his hat you hear?” you order the fox who nods and nervously reenters the cave upon seeing your still glowing eyes.
After taking another few breaths, you psyche yourself up to go for another round of blasting and chasing, when a voice hits your ears from up ahead.

Zapper frost’s Comment

“Well well well, Nightmare Moon in the flesh. I have to say, you’re a big deal around my circle.”

Turning your head, you see a blue stallion coming out of the woods from where Slendermane walked. He has a menacing air around him, and is wearing a black hooded cloak of some kind.

“Now, I come only to talk now that you’ve rid yourself of the Hooded Offender, but I am Frost from the Black S-“

*BLAST*

“AAGGHH!” he shrieks as you hit him with a magic missile, singing his cloak and fur and sending him crashing into a tree, which leaves an icy residue on it. Shaking his head, he looks up at you in shock and confusion.

“Really? The ‘well, well, well thing’? How bucking cliché can you get?!” you chide the clearly evil pony as he gets to his hooves.

“Wait, I didn’t come to fight, I-“

“Oh Buck Off You Evil Sack of Evil!” you cut him off. “You’re wearing a cult robe, you’re decked out in a bunch of weapons, and you come trying to talk to me in the middle of the woods. Aside from Stranger Danger, that screams you’ve been following me, and seeing as how I’m missing my Grandbuggy and you came from where Slendy walked, I know you have something to do with it!”

“What?!” Frost says completely taken aback. “No! It was the guard that took him. I have no idea where he we-“

“LIAR!!!” you cry out, your eyes and chest blazing even hotter as you send forth another blast of magic towards the evil dude, but he dives out of the way, so the tree gets obliterated.

“Listen! I came to offer you-“

“Go Shove Whatever Offer You Have You Kidnapper!” you shout as the shadows of the trees bubble and melt, and suddenly your shadow minions crawl forth from the darkness.

Frost’s eyes bulge out a bit as he witnesses this, and unsheathes a greenish metal claw from a wrist gauntlet and slashes one of them. They dissipate, but another soon takes it’s place. Reading the situation, the stallion turns tail and runs into the woods, away from where Slendy walked.

“Orders Ma’am?!” the Imp in the combat helmet asks as he springs from your shadow and salutes.

“Get That Motherbucker!” you order in rage, with shadows billowing off of your back.

“Yes Ma’am!” the imp salutes and suddenly he lets out a shriek and your horde converges on the stallion.

You soon join your attack dogs, going after the flankhole that stole your Grandbuggy.

“I will tear you limb from limb!” you shout as your minions flow like a river below you, nipping at his heels.

Up ahead, Frost sweats nervously, which freezes upon his brow as the many demons start to catch up.

“I may have made a miscalculation!” he pants as he parkours up a tree. “Who’d have thought Nightmare Moon would be this unhinged?!”

And back with your group, they see Slendy’s last crater, and hear the cacophony of shouts and breaking branches, so nervously and in trepidation, they follow after you while Slendermane continues on the true path, slowly but surely, and now without annoyance.

POV SHIFT: Grandbuggy

Changer T Emerald’s Comment

After what feels like an hour because of your throbbing head, but is only a few minutes, you finish up yet another rambling tale.

“And then the Cyberpony was like, “There is logic in what he says,” and then-“

“Bugze, everything you’ve said has literally just been Doctor Whooves episodes,” Flash interrupts you and you stare at him fixedly.

“Episodes?” he asks incredulously and he sighs.

“Yes, it’s a very popular show. Your mind is just confusing reality and fiction at this point,” he says sadly.

Wait a goramned minute. Did that bastard have episodes of adventures where I was involved and not included me? Who’s writing this trash if-

“Oooohhhhh,” you groan as the two pegasi loom above you.

“Are you OK?” asks Daring Do.

“No, my head hurts,” you admit and she nods.

“I’ll make some tea then,” she says as she walks off, before muttering under her breath “If they haven’t already wrecked my kitchen too.”

Left alone with Flash he just looks over your pained form in sympathy.

“I really, really need an aspirin right now,” you moan.

“Here you go!” a bubbly voice says a little too loud as a pair of pink hooves shove a tablet in your mouth, followed by a cup of water.

“What the-“ Flash says startled.

“Thank you,” you nod as you drink the medicine down.

“No problemo,” the pink pony smiles.

“Pinkie Pie?” Flash gasps.

“Yep, Hi Flashy! Fancy meeting you here,” she says happily and it’s now that you realize that a new mare has shown up, and she looks exactly like the mares from the Hospital, Swap Meet and the Boat.

Puzzling Frost’s Comment

“Oh great another one of the clones,” you grumble as you tuck the glass under yourself.

The pink mare seems surprised by this.

“Clones?” she asks before another voice calls from the doorway.

“Clone?! Who said clone?! Is there a clone here?”

“I don’t know, this guy just looked at me and said it though,” Pinkie says to doorway.

“Who was…Flash?!” the voice says in surprise.

“Twilight?! Flash says in equal surprise.

Twilight?! You think in dread as you quicken your plan and break the glass while they’re distracted.

“What are you doing here?” both Twilight and Flash ask at the same time, causing Pinkie to giggle.

“I’m here on a mission,” Flash answers first.

“I’m here because Rainbow Dash is impatient, but who is that on the ground? Why were they talking about clo-“ she stops abruptly as she sees your tied up form and your eyes bug out as she yelps as her wings pop out in fright.

“A CHANGELING?!” she shrieks and you wince at the loudness.

“What?!” comes a tomboyish voice as a rainbow maned pegasus enters the room. “What’s a changeling doing here?”

“I thought we locked them all up in that castle prison!” a posh voice says as white unicorn with a purple mane enters.

“Oh, this is just my luck,” you groan as one by one the Elements of Harmony start entering the door.

“Oh My Gosh! Look what it did to A.K. Yearling’s house!” Rainbow says looking around at all the destruction.

“Uh, actually,” Flash starts before the athletic mare gets in your face. “What did you do with Yearling?! I swear to Celestia if you’re the reason the book got delayed I’ll…”

“Uh Rainbow slow down, maybe we have the wrong idea here?” Pinkie suggests.

“I agree with Pinkie he looks hurt,” Fluttershy says poking her head from behind Rainbow.

“Flash, did you take him down?” asks Twilight. “Do you need our assistance?”

“Actually yeah I could use some assistance,” he admits. “You see, this is-“

To Tartarus with that! You panic as you slice your bonds free quickly and make a break for it.

“HEY!” several voices cry out, but you scramble towards the window and dive through it. There are several gasps, and a cry from Daring in the kitchen.

“Oh Now What?!”

You land in a roll, your scalp having a few cuts since you’re missing your favorite bowler and you get your feet under you to start running. Your vision is still a bit blurry, and your head hurts even worse now, but you’ve got to get away. You’ve got to-

“Whoa there partner! Simmer down!” a southern twanged voice shouts from behind you as suddenly a lasso wraps around all four of your hooves and brings you crashing into the ground.

“GORAMNIT!” you shout angrily. “Can’t I just get a moment of peace with the second worst hangover I’ve ever had?!” you shout before turning to face your assailant. “Look missy, I’ve just about had enough of this bullspit day so can you…you…”

You trail off as the blonde maned, orange mare lifts her Stetson and you see her face more clearly. For a moment, your vision blurs and she’s replaced by a young green coated mare with blonde hair and a sly smile on her face.

“No need to get all worked up Quick Fix,” a voice echoes in your mind from a lifetime ago.

“Orchard…? Smithy is that you?” You ask shaking your head. The mare gasps and drops the rope, and as she does, your vision returns to normal.

“Why...why do you know my granny’s name?!” She yells causing you to wince.

“Oh Buck you Lady Luck,” you grumble under your breath.

Flash takes this moment to step in and keep either of you from doing something stupid.

“Alright, everyone calm down. Please miss Applejack I know this situation is strange and all-”

“Strange? Strange?! This here bug knows my Granny! I need some answers and I need them now!” Applejack says as she walks toward you with anger. Flash gulps and raises his wing to block her.

“Applejack please. Don’t do anything rash. This isn’t a run of the mill changeling we’re dealing with here.”

“Flash, what are you-“ Twilight starts, but is interrupted.

“It’s him! It’s Bugze!” Flash exclaims. The elements gasp in confusion while Fluttershy looks extremely worried.

“Bugze?” asks Twilight. “As in-“

“The Hooded Offender, yes,” he nods and they all look at you warily.

Ah beans, you think in dread. Applejack shakes her head, being the stubborn mare she is and just glares.

“That can’t be him. I mean look at the guy, he’s way too old to be him, he doesn’t even have his orange hair.” Applejack pauses for a second. “Wait why did he have hair? I thought changelings didn’t have any?” Everyone raises their eyebrows at this, before they all realize they’ve never asked this question.

“Huh, why didn’t we ever question that?” Twilight says aloud but no one has any answers.

"I have a pretty good idea of why he doesn't have his hair anymore, but I'm telling you, this is him," Flash insists.

“What happened to him?” asks Rarity looking over your form.

“He looks so old and busted,” Pinkie observes.

“Hey!” you bark in response.

“Bugze…what did she do to you?” Fluttershy whimpers looking on the verge of tears.

Yeesh, the boy ain’t even here and he’s making mares cry. Why is he so good at that?

“Well what the heck do we do?” asks Dash nervously. “We don’t have the elements anymore, so we can’t just blast her out of him!”

You don’t? you take note as Smithy’s granddaughter speaks up.

“Rainbow! Don’t go giving that away!” she scolds and the pegasus wilts her ears at her mess up.

Well shoot, if they don’t have the Elements anymore, then the boy could just march down the street singing and they couldn’t do anything about it, you realize as Flash speaks again.

You take this opportunity to try and run, key word being try as you flop around the minute you try to get to your hooves.

“Ooohhhh.” You groan as Flash sees this and gulps.

“His mind still isn’t completely his own though, but he really needs a hospital. Nightmare Moon drained his life force.”

They all look sickened by this, and Fluttershy gasps and dives toward you trying to help you up.

“Oh you poor thing! What did that witch do to you Bugze?!” She exclaims as she feels your forehead. “My goodness, he’s running a fever!”

No I’m not, I’m just queezy! You think defiantly, though you gotta admit, this Fluttershy gal ain’t too shabby looking.

“Wait why would she drain him if she’s using his body? Wouldn’t she want it in tip top shape?” Pinkie asks while the yellow pegasus fawns over you.

“It’s because she’s separated from him. She’s not in him anymore girls, it’s just Bugze, no Nightmare Moon.”

Their eyes widen even more at that, and even Applejack loosens her grip on the rope.

“He’s been freed?” Twilight asks breathlessly.

“R-Really?!” Fluttershy says oddly relieved and excited sounding.

“But if she’s not in him, then where is she?” Twilight inquires and Flash looks down sadly.

“You…you remember that little alicorn filly he always had with him?”

Everyling blanches at this, and you hear the Element of Kindness whimper out.

“Nightshade…no…”

“Are you saying that that filly is hosting Nightmare Moon now?” Rainbow asks sorrowfully and Flash just nods and you sweat by the conclusions they’re jumping too.

“How can you be sure?” Pinkie asks.

“Because I saw her with my own eyes,” Flash sighs. “The filly had a strong aura of dark magic about her, and had a sneer befitting a monster.”

“Don’t you talk about her like that!” you shout in outrage, startling the pegasus above you into jumping back and Flash sighs again.

“Like I said, she still has a hold over him,” he shakes his head and they all look at you sympathetically.

“Oh for pete’s sake, aaaahhhhh,” you rub your temple.

“Where were they?” Twilight asks as you try to subside the pain.

“Out in the dragon lands. For what purpose, I don’t know, but the sounds of an intense battle came from their caves as soon as she was up there with a female griffon and what I now know is Ahuizotl.”

“Wait, what?” Dash double takes, but Flash continues.

“After it quieted down, she was flanked by two younger dragons, one of which I’m sure I saw in Appleloosa last year. When I saw his state…I knew I had to act fast, so I grabbed him in the night and flew as fast as I could.”

“Oh, with the super secret program Shining wasn’t supposed to tell me about?” Twilight asks and he nods.

“Ya’ll are idiots,” you grunt and they look back at your hogtied form.

“We should bring him inside, I still have awhile till my suit is charged enough for the flight, and he’s still so weak.”

They all nod at this as Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie half drag, half carry you back into the house while Flash explains what was reported at Rainbow Falls and how he came to be out in the Dragon Lands. You groan in pain as the headache continues, not to mention the bruises and cuts you received from jumping out a window, but your mind still races on how to get out of this.

Ugh, I need to get to Nightshade and get to one of the bunkers to lay low. Even if they don’t know where she is, if they send troops out scouting the Dragon Lands, they might end up in a scrapper, and with that amulet inside her, it won’t be pretty. You shudder, remembering her power during the vine attack. And the last thing I need is Sunny and Moony confronting her. Even if they don’t have the Elements, I have no idea what would happen if they fought. Not to mention what the boy will do when he finds out.

As Pinkie and Fluttershy set you tenderly back on the couch, albeit still tied up, you glance over at AJ who is still giving you curious glances over your slip up.

To think I’d run into Orchard’s granddaughter of all ponies, you sigh as you remember seeing Smithy briefly when you were disguised at their last family reunion. Despite the years, your ex-fiance still looked beautiful to you. Had Lady Luck not been so cruel, perhaps that massive family could have been mine…You think exhaustedly closing your eyes as your mind starts to drift off.

“Now who are these ponies?”

“EEEEEEE!!!!!” an ear piercing scream keeps you from nodding off.

“AHH! Mother Bucker! What is that noise?!” You shout as you cover your ears, your headache coming back tenfold.

“OH MY GOSH YOU’RE DARING DO!” Rainbow Dash squeals in delight. You look over to see Rainbow practically bursting with glee, while Daring slowly backs away from the overactive fan.

“Yeah hi kid. It’s me heh heh,” Daring says sweating bullets as now Twilight and the others look at her in amazement.

“Oh my gosh I have a million questions! Why did you hide your identity? Where’s your hat? Since your next book talks about dealing with Nightmare Moon and you’re real, did you really face off against her? How did you defeat Ahuizotl in that dance off in Canterlot? When’s the next book coming out? Wh-” She is stopped short as Pinkie stuffs a cupcake in her mouth to shut her up.

“Wowie Dashie, I’ve never seen you so excited before,” Pinkie whistles, pulling her out of Daring’s personal space.

“Thank you miss,” Daring says in gratefulness.

“While I apologize for her actions, I’m just as giddy,” Twilight says fluttering her wings. “I’m such a huge fan too. Princess Twilight Sparkle by the way, but I’m sure you guessed that with the wings and everything, but-“

“Yes Yes, I figured that,” Daring cuts her off, holding her hoof up. “Now, to answer your questions, I wanted to live a quiet life and to make sure no one actually attempted to do what I do, it’s dangerous business being an adventurer. I don’t know where my hat is but I have a few suspensions.” With that she gives a glaring glance to you.

For real? You think in annoyance as she turns back to the others.

“I did encounter Nightmare Moon while she attempted to join forces with Ahuizotl, and from what I’ve pieced together, she succeeded.

“We just asked him,” you pipe up, but she ignores you.

“And as for the dance off, yes I defeated him, and the next book will come out when I’m not so stressed and have the time!”

“Oh that’s a load of bullspit!” you interject, causing her to scowl at you. “You beat us in the dance off? Please! We walked all over you! You could barely keep your head on straight trying to follow us!”

“It was a stupid out of nowhere event, but I still won it! Everyone stopped dancing and I left the floor!” she counters.

“Only because you and Ahzi were about 5 seconds away from making out when your disguise fell off.”

“WE WERE NOT!” she denies.

“And by the way, he’s still sore about that! It’s one thing when A.K. Yearling is posting lies and slandering his image, it’s another when it’s you doing it to him. So yeah, give him his cut of the money you owe him, oh and I don’t give you permission to slander my little filly’s image either!”

“Nightmare Moon is over a thousand years old, and thus part of the public domain, I don’t need your permission!” she counters and your growl.

The others just look back and forth and your exchange in utter fascination.

“This is so awesome,” Dash squees as Twilight looks sparkly eyed. Thankfully, Flash coughs and interrupts the argument.

“Everypony just calm down. Whatever issues we have can wait until Bugze is treated. Now, let’s make him comfortable until I’m ready to fly.”

They all nod at this guiltily, having been caught up by seeing Daring Do, though Fluttershy hasn’t left your side.

Down with Chrysalis’s Comment

Just_another_guy’s Comment

“Oh Bugze, I’m sorry. I’m so, so sorry,” she coos, petting your head.

Well hey now, finally some TLC, you smirk as she looks at you sadly. She then leans down closer, much to your delight.

“Is it true? Did that horrible witch do that do Nightshade?”

“What? Of course not. Nightshade’s fine…ish,” you admit but she only shakes her head in shame.

“How do we break her influence over him? I asked him about the filly and he didn’t seem that concerned,” she announces to the others.

“Oh Come On!” you bellow as Twilight perks up at that.

“Now that is strange. In the past, The Offender was always almost religiously protective of the filly,” she ponders aloud.

“Yeah, like me and Applebloom on steroids,” Applejack nods.

“So could it have been that it was Nightmare Moon making him protective of the child?” asks Rarity.

“It could be…” Twilight ponders as you roll your eyes.

“I am protective of her ya dingbat! And I for one don’t take kindly to your insinuations. She is not Nightmare Moon, and all ya’ll are just making huge leaps in logic here.”

“He can deny it all he wants, but I know what I saw,” Flash insists making you scowl more as Twilight gets closer to you.

“Yes, but either way, perhaps we should examine him more thoroughly. For all we know, this could have been a trick for you Flash. For the most part, every Changeling has been locked away, but some may have fallen through the cracks like those that attacked Appleloosa a few months ago.”

“Are you saying this might not be him?” asks Pinkie.

“I’m saying it’s a possibility. If Nightmare Moon is gathering allies and has jumped to that filly, then for all we know the Bugze changeling might not even be…around anymore,” she explains and Fluttershy gasps.

“Twilight! Don’t say such a thing! This is Bugze! I think I would know!” she shrieks as she holds your head.

Shows how much you know, and oh wow are you soft girl, you think as you nestle into her chest fur which causes her eyes to widen momentarily.

“I-I mean, Flash’s explanation sounds right. We all know how evil that monster is,” she stutters as she slowly lets go of your head with a blush.

“That may be true Fluttershy,” Twilight nods. “But I say we find out for sure.”

“And how are we going to do that? If this guy’s mind is scrambled, how could we know lie from the truth?” asks Rainbow Dash.

“Simple,” Twilight says as she gets to your side. “We’ll give him a thorough physical examination.”

There is a moment of pause after that declaration before Twilight looks at the others staring at her strangely.

“What?” she asks bashfully.

“You want to like, touch him all around and stuff?” asks Pinkie.

“Well yeah, that way we can know how damaged his body is and-“

“Are you just looking for an excuse to get hoofsies with this guy?” asks Applejack and Twilight flinches back.

“Wh-What?! No! Of course not!” she sputters. “Why would you think that?”

“I mean, why else would you want to touch him?” Fluttershy all but snarls with a very aggravated scowl pointed towards her friend.

“To compare and contrast?” she wilts.

“Compare to what? Aside from his hair, there’s not much else that distinguishes him aside from that cloak, and both of them are nowhere to be seen,” Rarity points out.

“I mean, I’m not gonna complain if you all want to touch me,” you quip which causes Twilight to blush and Fluttershy to look at you giddily.

“Th-That’s not what I…forget it,” she sighs as Flash puts a hoof on her shoulder.

“We should save the examinations till he’s been treated in Canterlot,” he says and she nods. Meanwhile, Fluttershy takes advantage of your words and starts caressing your forehead again.

“Hey now, this ain’t half bad,” you say with a smirk and she blushes again.

“Y-y-yeah…” she says flustered before she shakes her head and gives you a pleading stare. “But what is bad is what’s happened to Nightshade. She went and took over her body, and you’re not even mad.”

“Oh will you stop harping on that?! That ain’t true, and the more you believe it, the more my head hurts than it already does” you grunt and she looks even sadder.

“I’m sure you’ll think more clearer when we get you some help. You said it yourself, your head wouldn’t hurt if not for that monster.”

“That is not what I…” you let out a sigh at how stubborn all these cute mares are. “Look, you seem to like “me” as it were right?”

“Well…I mean…” she nods not looking at you and an idea comes to you.

“Well, if that’s the case, stop putting words in my mouth. If you’re gonna put anything, I’d prefer yer tongue,” you say wiggling your eyebrows and Fluttershy blushes deep crimson as her wings pop out.

“Oh…oh Bugze…” she stutters as blood leaks out her nose.

Heh, still got it.

“Do…do you really mean that?” she asks, with sweat beading on her forehead.

“Tartarus yeah,” you admit with no hint of guilt. “So hey, maybe a bit of lovin could break the curse or whatever.”

Her lip begins quivering as her eyes dart around and her whole body starts turning red.

“I…I…” she pants and you give a sly grin.

Come on girly, give me a big ol smooch. It’s been some time since I’ve drained some love, but it’ll give me the boost I need to get my head clear and get the buck out of here.

The shy mare, still overly flustered just keeps babbling and blushing, until Rainbow Dash flies up.

“Hey, hey, what’s going on here?” she asks suspiciously.

“N-Nothing!” Fluttershy exclaims, eyes darting around suspiciously.

Stupid sexy athletic mare! Quit ruining my plans…though two hot babes giving some sugar to me will heal me a lot faster.

“Nothing much Rainbow Buns,” you flirt and she is taken aback.

“Wh-What?”

“Though I think I’m feeling better having two cute mares fawning over me.”

Both Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash look at you with their mouths agape at that.

“What?!” they both exclaim, causing the others to look over at you.

“What, you don’t like compliments sweetie?” you ask curiously as she looks lost.

“I…uh…” Rainbow stutters before looking over at Twilight. “Twilight! The Changeling’s flirting with me!”

“He’s what?” Twilight asks in surprise as Fluttershy glares at you, and you can’t help but gulp.

OK, must have read the situation wrong here…

“That witch is going to pay for messing you up!” she growls. “You used to be so innocent, and now you’re trying to seduce everypony!”

Oh right, the boy’s a coward when it comes to ladies…Dang it Boy!

Before any more outrage can occur while trying to steal healing kisses, everyone is interrupted as…

Puzzling Frost’s Comment

Daring Do grunts as she slams into a wall.

You all look over to see three mean looking stallions stepping into the living room, their eyes only on Daring.

Ah Tartarus, Cabaleron’s Goons? You think in dismay.

“Who are you and what do want?!” She demands.

“We’ve come for the Ring of Scorchero Ms. Do. Our boss requires it. Now hoof it over nice and easy,” The big one says pulling out a knife with his hooves.

“You’ll never get it! I won’t let the forest be reduced to ash!” shouts as she subconsciously touches the book with the hidden compartment in her vest. Flash trots up next to her just as the other two goons notice.

“Halt you are under arrest for assault and attempted robbery! Now put your weapons down!”

“What the…Why’s a cop here?” the goon with sunglasses sputters in surprise.

“Who cares,” says the big one. “Besides, there’s only two of them and three of us.”

“That’s where you're wrong!” Rainbow yells getting up next to Flash and Daring defensively with the rest of the girls following suit.

The three stallions seem absolutely flabbergasted by the number of combatants. Sunglasses even lifts his shades up in surprise.

“Uhhhh…”

“As Princess of these lands, I demand you surrender!” Twilight commands, showing off her wings, and the three grunts start sweating.

“Uhh, Boss! There’s more of em!” The large stallion yells out the busted door.

“More?” comes a familiar voice that makes you and Daring scowl. “What do you mean mo-“ Cabeleron sets one hoof through the door and pauses as he sees the entirety of the group in the living room.

“Oh…” he gasps.

“Alright Cabeleron! It’s time for you to-Hey!” Daring cries out as he immediately runs out the door. The minute the goons try to follow, the girls and Flash immediately overwhelm them.

“Get Back Here!” Daring cries as she flies out the door. And as the Elements and Flash Sentry dog pile the bodyguards, you take your chance and get your hooves free and start heading to the door.

Alright, buck this noise. I am ou-

“AAAGGGHHH-OOOMPH!” you are suddenly thrown to the ground by a sprawled out Daring Do who’s head is shaking heavily.

Oh For Buck’s Sake! You grunt as you feel like puking your guts out.

“Daring Do?!” Rainbow Dash calls out as she flies over. “What happened?”

“Cabeleron! He’s got a-“ Suddenly the front entrance is completely blown open with a small explosion as all the others are thrown about. You finally give into a losing battle and lose what little lunch from the previous day you had.

Oh that’s gross, you think as you wipe your chin and look to the entrance and you pale. You aren’t the only one.

“My mecha suit!” Flash yells in horror as Cabeleron’s laugh echoes from inside the hulking bipedal piece of armor.

“Ha! So you’re the one who left this little gift for me? How thoughtful!” He asks making a show of power by smashing his metal hooves to the ground causing everything to shake. This gives the three beaten goons a chance to run by their boss’s side.

“But that’s impossible, you can’t run the suit without the key!” Flash sputters in confusion. “I mean I have it right here-” Flash stops as he pats himself and finds nothing.

“Oh you mean that thing that was in this thing that said turn to start?” Caballeron asks.

“Eh heh heh…yes?” he chuckles nervously.

“Seriously?!” Daring and Rainbow chide at the same time.

“Look, I’ve been moving for like two days without sleep, give me a break!” he argues. “Besides, he can’t have that much of a charge, it was almost completely drained.”

“Ah, so that’s what this blinking red 10% means? No matter, I’ll crush any of you in that time unless Daring Do gives me what I want!” he threatens.

“Never! I don’t know what Ahuizotl did with that other one, but this one is not going to end up in your hooves!” Daring says defiantly.

“Well, sorry to hear that,” he chuckles. “Now why don’t we…wait, don’t I know you?”

You stop midstep as everyone looks to you. You had been slowly making your way to the window, but now that’s a bust.

“Uhh, I don’t think so,” you lie.

“No…no, I recognize you! You were with that filly that cheated me out of my treasure!” he shouts, and the feedback from the microphone pierces your eardrums something fierce.

“So wait, Nightmare Moon tried to recruit him too?” Dash ponders aloud.

“Well…I guess two birds and one stone eh?” Cabeleron chuckles as he starts stepping further into the house, towards you and the group of ponies.

“Ugh, today is just not my day is it?” you groan.



WHAT DO YOU DO?

Author's Note:

Now you know how Bugze’s felt for three seasons old bug.

Hey Hive-Mind,

Well as usual, all Tartarus breaks loose, so have some fun battle shenanigans. Grandbuggy is stuck in the middle of a bunch of insanity, while Nightshade is hundreds of miles away leading her own madness against a mysterious individual that seems to have bitten off more than he can chew.

Give some love to both battles if you can, and have fun :pinkiehappy:

I’ll see you in the next chapter,

Brown Dog.

PreviousChapters Next