• Published 17th Dec 2017
  • 3,749 Views, 1,495 Comments

Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 4: At Luck's End (Comment Driven Story) - BrownDog77



The Final Adventure of Bugze the Changeling, AKA You. (Comment Driven Story)

  • ...
11
 1,495
 3,749

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 37: Better First Impressions...Relatively Speaking

Your four way silent conference…doesn’t really yield much. Sunset looks nervous, Flash is perplexed, and B2 is still in the bush. Some sweat drops start to appear on your forehead as your eye starts to twitch.

Master of Shadows’ Comment

“LOOK A DISTRACTION!” you shout pointing behind them at the school entrance. As they all look (just like old times) you...

Down With Chrysalis’s Comment

Kichi’s Comment

Then get down on your knees before slamming your forehead onto the ground in immense frustration.

“BUCK!” you scream into the dirt as your head starts to pound.

“Hey! Watch your language…I think,” Applejack scolds in confusion as she turns back around and sees your face.

You ignore her and the rest looking at you in awe, disbelief and befuddlement as you throw yourself a pity party.

Why? Why, no matter which world I go in, do they always show up to mess with my plans? You lament feeling a migraine coming on. Gross disgusting alternate versions of them or not, why do I keep crossing them despite my best efforts?!

Because it seems our fates are tied to theirs, Selena muses. But remember Bugze, this world’s versions aren’t out for our blood yet. Calm your mind and breath in and out. They don't know you here. There’s a chance to make a better first impression.

…That’s fair, you nod in appreciation as you stand up with a red welt on your forehead and face all the human girls.

“Sorry about that, I was…praying to the moon,” you half truth. Sunset, Flash and the Human Deadly 5 look even more confused at that.

“Are you OK?” asks human Rarity at the trickle of blood on your head.

“Yeah, yeah, it’s all good,” you reassure as you wipe the blood away, which only shows off your bloodied bandaged hand even more.

“Are you sure?” she asks with wide eyes.

“Yes I’m sure Mcstaaaaaa-Apples” you trail off as you almost call her real Rarity’s nickname and make a bad impression.

“I’m sorry, what?” she asks in all sincerity.

“Apples,” you say again pointing to the picture of the fruit on Human Applejack’s shirt.

She and the rest look at the shirt and back at you as if you’re not right in the head.

“What about apples?” she asks.

“…They’re delicious?” you guess.

…Bugze, you’re blowing your whole second chance thing here, Selena says with a sigh.

I beg to differ, if they think he’s special, they won’t think he’s a threat, Sombra says smugly.

Oh give me a break, I was caught off guard! You whine.

“Well, I’ll give you that partner, but whatever screw you got loose, you still haven’t answered our question, who the heck are ya?” the cowgirl asks.

Oh I’m just the alternate universe version of your long lost cousin, you think sardonically until a realization hits you. Wait a minute. You look to B2 in the bush and back at her and you get a headache. I sure hope that whole situation doesn’t happen here.

“Hey buddy, answer her question,” Rainbow Dash threatens.

Zapper frost’s Comment

Oh buck, oh buck, what am I supposed to say? I know I’ve been revealing my backstory a lot as of late, but how do I go about this with such a large audience? You panic as Human Pinkie looks you up and down.

“Oh hey, I remember you,” she says excitedly. “You bought my gypsy services about a month back.”

“Uh…yes,” you nod nervously.

Yeah, and a whole lot of good that cryptic nonsense was.Helping a sun open it’s eyes or something, what a joke, you think bitterly over getting bamboozled.

“Nice,” she chirps. “Unfortunately I didn’t make enough to get Limestone and Marble cameos, which is a shame since they were looking forward to it,” she says suddenly a bit sad.

“Pinkie, you know this guy?” asks Rainbow Dash.

“Eh, kind of,” she says. “I gave him a reading which essentially boiled down to make new friends, be a good person and listen to a good song every now and again, and then he wanted directions to a library.” She then looks to you, “Did you do all of that? Oh, and did you find the library?”

“Uh…Yes.”

“Yay!” she cheers. “What new friends did you make?”

“Uh…” you fumble before pointing at the boy behind you.

“Flash?”

“Oh that’s wonderful, he’d been feeling down in the dumps since he and Sunset broke up,” at that both him and Sunset look down and to the side, but Pinkie continues. "But then he got happy again when he met Princess Twilight, she’s an alternate dimension pony princess by the way, but now she’s gone, but it’s good he’s got a new buddy to cheer him up.”

“Have you been pitying me?” Flash asks sounding hurt.

“What? No…” Pinkie lies unconvincingly and he looks crestfallen as he goes back to sitting on his pile of rocks with a thousand yard stare. She coughs into her fist and looks to the bigger group.

“But see everybody, the bush talking moon praying guy is alright,” Pinkie slaps your back. “Isn’t that right Sunny?”

“I…I guess?” Sunset shrugs her shoulders.

“Oi, give me a little more confidence,” you bark.

“I only met you like 15 minutes ago and it’s been a roller coaster of emotions talking with you,” she argues.

“Yeah, well…good point,” you reluctantly agree.

“Hmm, so Sunset isn’t a part of your kidnapped daughter? Intriguing,” Pinkie says a she blows bubbles with a pipe she didn’t have a moment ago.

“She’s not kidnapped, she-” you start but are interrupted.

Kichi’s Comment

“But anyway, what’s your name mister so that all my friends can be less nervous?” Pinkie talks over you.

“Yes, a name would be helpful,” Rarity says.

“And an explanation of what you’re doing with Sunset,” Fluttershy adds meekly.

“And why you’re here on school grounds during hours,” Rainbow accuses.

“Yes, alright, I’ll give you a name,” you try to placate. “My name is-“

“Oh, oh, let me guess!” Pinkie interrupts you again making your eye twitch. “Is it Baker? Is it Hunko? SeeVee?”

Your jaw goes slack at those three very close guesses to your past identities.

“Oooh, am I getting close?” she asks with sparkles in her eyes before an orange hand gently pushes her backwards.

“Give him some room Pinkie Pie,” Sunset says at first commandingly before she catches herself and adds, “Please?”

“Oh, no problem Sunny,” Pinkie smiles and takes a step back with the other girls who look at Sunset expectantly.

“Alright girls, I know a lot of crazy stuff has happened over the last few days, and this is going to fit right into it,” she admits, but she has their attention. She looks back at you and you give a sincere smile of gratitude.

Thank you Sunset, please salvage this first impression.

“Since he seems to be fumbling, let me explain. This guy here is-“

“Achoo!” B2 sneezes from his bush, making everyone turn to it. “Damn Pollen,” B2 grumbles.

“Is…is someone in that bush?” asks human Fluttershy.

“Well actually-“ Sunset starts.

WARGAMES’s Comment

“What?! Of Course Not!” the bush shouts causing Fluttershy to give a startled eep. “As you can clearly hear from my voice, I am the guy standing next to the Bacon Haired girl!”

“What the buck are you talking about?” you say in confusion.

“Huh, that is the same voice,” Pinkie nods.
“Yeah, that’s because-“

“BECAUSE I AM A GOD!” B2 declares.

“WHAT?!” you and the girls all shout at once.

“Ooh, what kind of god?” Pinkie asks sounding intrigued.

“He’s not a god he’s-“

“THE GOD OF VENTRILOQUISM!” he interrupts you yet again making your scowl deepen. “See how I never move my lips, and yet my voice comes from this lowly plant. Muhahahaha!”

“Oh wow, that’s amazing,” Pinkie claps while the others look at your equally flabbergasted face. “Now I see why you were talking to the bush. You’re trying to cheer up Sunset on Flash’s behalf with this funny routine, isn’t that sweet?”

Ello Calebero’s Comment

And before anyone can speak up, Pinkie rushes up and places a mustache and monocle on the bush that she got from God only know’s where.

“There we go, now we have a face to look at when we talk. I’m going to call you Hedgeworth,” she says with a squee.

“Uhh…thanks kid,” B2 says befuddled.

“No problem,” Pinkie looks over back at you as if you answered and you facepalm.

Down with Chrysalis’s Comment

“Alright, alright, enough of that,” you grunt. “Get out of the bush!”

“No!” B2 answers.

“Do it right now, you’re making me look bad!”

“What do you mean I’m making you look bad? You did that enough on your own praying to the moon.

“That was a nervous twitch, but at least I wasn’t claiming to be a god! Now get out and stop acting like an idiot!” you growl.

“Oh yeah, because you’re so much better. I thought you were wanting to keep everything a secret,” he pouts.

“I was, but things have changed for certain individuals!”

Selena sighs as the situation goes further and further off the rails.

Well, it was a good idea while it lasted.

I know I should probably feel frustrated, but this is hilarious, Sombra laughs at your misfortune.

And while you have this back and forth with your doppelganger the others watch in fascination.

“Whoa, this guy is pretty good,” Rainbow says impressed.

“I’d say,” Applejack nods.

“Calling himself a god seems a tad much, but he is very talented, I can’t even see his lips move when it comes to the bush,” Rarity adds.

“And the way he throws his voice like that, that takes a lot of skill,” Fluttershy observes.

Sunset and Flash though just look at this scene as their own headaches increase tenfold.

“What even is my life right now?” Flash says tiredly.

“Good question Flash,” Sunset says rubbing her temple.

“Awww, I’m glad you two are working things out with this,” Pinkie says with smile while both of them just give her “Are You Serious?” Looks. “That’s a huge step since last night Sunny. By the way Flash, how much is this guy’s rates? He’d be a riot at birthday parties?”

“Even my first impression with their real versions wasn’t this idiotic!” you cry out.

“I thought you said you used one as a meat shield?”

“AAAGGGHHH!!!” you groan and pull your hair.

The rest of the Human Deadly 5 then group up with Flash and Sunset and stare at your shenanigans.

“Sooo…Flash hired a crazy ventriloquist to cheer you up?” Rainbow asks. “Weird Flex, but OK.”

“NO! That’s not what’s going on here!” Sunset facepalms before glaring at you. “MR. BUGZE!”

“What?!” you call back over your shoulder.

“Can we please explain what the Tartarus is going on? Please?” she begs sounding on the verge of a mental breakdown.

You look back at the monocled and mustachioed bush and sigh.

And just as you’re about to open your mouth

*RING*

The bell rings singling the end of lunch.

“Already? But I didn’t get much done because of all this craziness,” Sunset whimpers.

All of the students look back at the school, and some of them bite their lips weighing whether to stick around and risk being late.

“OK…after school we’ll meet up and everything will be explained,” you declare. “Hopefully without any more chicanery!” You give a boot to the bush who lets out an Oof. “Does that work for everyling?”

“Uh…sure?” Rainbow Dash guesses.

“Oh, we should meet at Sugar Cube Corner, that way we can get discounts on-“

“NO! Not there,” B2 says from the bush before you cough and continue,

“Yeah, somewhere…different.”

“Ahhh,” Pinkie whines.

“Flash, what’s another bakery place?”

“Uh…Donut Joes?” he throws out.

“Wait, you have one too? Sweet, yeah let’s go there,” you nod. “Now, get to class you truants.”

After that declaration, they slowly but surely start shuffling towards the school entrance. A few times, they look to Flash and Sunset as if wanting to ask them something, but they both tiredly wave them off. Eventually, you are left standing in front of the statue with the finicky way home alone with your double.

“What the buck is wrong with you?” you growl at the bush as he finally comes out.

“A lot,” he grunts as he brushes the leaves off of him.

“Why didn’t you just pop out and not been an idiot?” you chide.

“Because I’m not in my right mind right now. I chugged a bunch of coffee and I saw my Ex-Girlfriend from a distance for the first time in 10 years, give me a break,” he shrugs and starts walking off.

“Oh cry me a river. Now they all think I’m nuts. I mean, I’ll admit I am crazy, but I try like Tartarus to keep that hidden.”

“You do?”

“Shut Up!” you reprimand as the two of you walk off towards the Humie’s version of a wonderful donut chain.

A FEW HOURS LATER

AT DONUT JOE’S

After a few hours of loitering at the donut place, which even you have to admit is just as good as the one back home, the Human Deadly 5 with Sunset and Flash finally arrive.

“Alright, let’s try to get a better second impression,” you warn your double.

“Yeah yeah,” he rolls his eyes as he shoves another donut in his mouth.

“Sorry we’re late,” Flash apologizes as they all start sitting at your table. “Sunset still had to pick up some debris after school, but we all chipped in to speed it up.”

“Understandable,” you nod.

As everyone else gets seated, Human Pinkie Pie seems confused.

“Hey, there’s two of you now?”

“There’s always been two of us,” you sigh as B2 waves.

“Does Hedgeworth know?” she asks which causes everyone to look at her dumbly. Eventually it clicks in her head. “Oh…OH…Right,” she nods and giggles.

“Although that begs the question, why was your bearded brother here in that bush? What do you all want with Sunset?” Rainbow demands. “She and Flash wouldn’t say anything at school.”

Kichi’s Comment

“Right, well, I said we’d explain, so here I go,” you nod to Sunset and Flash who still look mentally exhausted.

“My name is Bugze,” you point to yourself before pointing to B2, “And this is-“

“An abomination of fashion!” Human Rarity interrupts scowling at your doppelganger. “The scraggly beard, the mismatched second hand clothes, and that unkempt hairdo. Mr, you look like a hobo!”

“Rarity, ain’t no reason to be rude just because he’s a little shaggy looking,” Applejack scolds.

“Nah, it’s OK, she’s actually right on the money,” B2 shrugs not even mad as all the other girls look at him in disbelief.

“Yeah…” you rub the back of your neck. “This here is B2, my…” you hesitate.

“Twin brother apparently,” Rainbow finishes before looking to Sunset and Flash. “So…two homeless guys hanging around with you after the demon thing last night? What’s the deal?”

“Be patient, I’ll get to it,” you harrumph, but they all get silent as all eyes are on you.

“The truth is…” you begin

Down with Chrysalis’s Comment

But are cut off as Human Pinkie gasps loudly before saying,

“You’re actually from Equestria like Princess Twilight and Sunset, except you’re a different species and over there you’re considered a villain even though you’re not because you had a kid with a dark godess who gave you powers who eventually mellowed out, but because of poor communication and judgmental folks you’re still hunted, but now you came here looking for lost magical artifacts to help give that goddess and some dictator bodies of their own, but you got trapped here, so you’re looking for a way home on top of finding those artifacts?”

She finishes off this fast said sentence with a squee as everyone looks at her in amazement.

B2’s, Flash’s, Sunset’s and Your mouths are all slack at that apt and summarized description of your life.

How? How can she possibly…? Selena sputters as she fails to process the situation.

That was way too specific, not even the other humans knew that much, Sombra says woozily.

You stare at the smiling Pink girl as the others stare at her before you give into the madness and start laughing. The others give you nervous looks before you peter out and say,

“Well, that’ll help explain things a little quicker.”

“She was right?” asks Fluttershy.

“Eyup,” you say and laugh again.

The others stare back at Pinkie again.

“How do you keep accurately guessing things like that darling?” asks Rarity.

“Heh heh, wouldn’t you like to know,” Pinkie giggles.

“Yes, Yes I very much would,” Rarity pouts.

“Oh wow, I’m just glad no matter what universe, Pinkie Pie is Pinkie Pie,” you chuckle. “So at least there is some consistency even with all you ugly humies.”

“Hey! Who you calling ugly?” Dash says offended.

“Your whole species,” you roll your eyes. “But anyway, Pinkie’s right, and I’ll go into more detail on that some other time, but right now all you need to know is that I need to find these things called the Siren Stones, and that Sunset is probably my only ticket back home for when I find them, which is where all of you come in…”

BACK IN EQUESTRIA

POV CHANGE: Nightshade

“Oh My Gosh, he’s so fluffy! Can we buy him Grandbuggy? Can we?” you beg your great grandparent as you grip the canine as both of his heads lick you simultaneously.

“I don’t know Shade, an Othros is kind of a big responsibility…” he scratches the back of his head.

“But he’s so cuuuute,” you squee as you play wrestle with the two headed dog who pants heavily.

It’s only been a few hours since you got off the train, and now you, Grandbuggy, Ahuizotl and Greta are in the middle of the Rainbow Falls Traders Exchange, looking for a petrified dragon egg. Though there are quite a few distractions along the way.

“Huh, she seems really taken by the thing, she got experience training?” asks the mare who currently owns the dog.

“Heck yeah, I hugged Cerberus into submission once, but Twilight wouldn’t let me keep him,” you pout as you receive another doggy kiss.

“Come on kid, this is like the first stall, there’s probably more cool stuff further in,” Greta speaks up.

“Yes…also I’ve never really been partial to dogs. Felines is where it’s at,” Ahuizotl adds.

As Grandbuggy sighs and you pat both of the dog heads, you peer further into the mismatch of stalls and tents that line the grounds underneath the beautiful rainbows pouring from above. You do have a job to do, but Greta is right, there are plenty of cool things here, especially this dog.


WHAT DO YOU DO?

Author's Note:

The Outcasts in a magical Farmer’s Market, this can only end well.

Hey Hive Mind,

Well, it looks like while Bugze is laying out his life story and mission to the filthy hummies, Nightshade and Co are being (relatively) more proactive, as usual.

What would a perverted old bug, a gamer obsessed griffon, an eccentric villain, and a hyperactive alicorn filly find at this exchange?

Oh, and for a heads up, the Mane 6 aren’t here. They’ve only recently gotten back from the Princess Summit, and last chapter Twilight was being taught to fly…:trollestia:

Have fun everyone, and I’ll see you next chapter,

Brown Dog.

PreviousChapters Next