• Published 17th Dec 2017
  • 3,745 Views, 1,495 Comments

Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 4: At Luck's End (Comment Driven Story) - BrownDog77



The Final Adventure of Bugze the Changeling, AKA You. (Comment Driven Story)

  • ...
11
 1,495
 3,745

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 20: New Allies and Old Memories

As your little group stares into the open bag at the unconscious Griffon, Grandbuggy gets up and looks up and down the hallway outside your private room before he shuts the door and closes the blinds.

“OK, first step in accidental kidnappings is you cut off sight and visuals of random witnesses. If she wakes up screaming, we have the opportunity to calm her down without looking suspicious.”

“Have you been in this position before?” you ask him curiously.

“More than you’d think, and less than you’d hope kid,” he replies before looking to Ahuizotl.

“Keep your weird hand tail ready in case she squawks.”

“Why don’t you use your hoof?” Ahuizotl complains. “She’s got a beak and your chitin is harder than my flesh.”

“Oh suck it up you big baby, you’re the big guy in this scenario, so you need to act like it,” Grandbuggy huffs before turning back to you.

“You just stand by kid and play mediator if you have to. If that fails, I’ll lay on the old charm.”

“Grandbuggy, now’s not the time to be pervy,” you roll your eyes as you upend your bag and dump Greta out onto the floor between you all, with Mangle falling out right on top of her.

With her completely out of the bag, you all see the masterpiece that Mangle has accomplished.

Down with Chyralis’s Comment

The unconscious griffon’s face is completely covered in marker ink. She sports drawn on glasses, a mustache and goatee, a fake lobotomy scar, and phrase on her cheek that says, “I Eat Ponies.”

You all stare at the intricate artwork as Mangle looks up at you in glee, before simultaneously, you all start snickering.

“That’s not *Pfft* That’s not nice Mangle, heh heh,” you giggle.

“Ya, *Snort* definitely not cool, *Guffaw*” Grandbuggy agrees, hiding his mouth with his hoof.

Ahuizotl attempts to say something as well, but he can’t keep up the charade and just starts bellowing out laughter. The dam breaks as you and Grandbuggy add your own laughs.

Mangle, seeing all your joy, puts her hands on her hips and nods appreciatively before laughing with her own mechanical barks.

This turns out to be a very bad idea as the animatronic screeching reaches Greta deep in her subconscious.

Zapperfrost’s Comment

Kichi’s Comment

“AAAAHHH!!!” she screeches bolting upright, startling you all.

“Whoa now Chica it’s al-AH!” Ahuizotl recoils as she bites at his hand tail.

“Get the buck away from me you damned robots!” she thrashes wildly in a daze, clawing at Ahuizotl and Grandbuggy’s faces.

“Calm down ya Gorramned Featherbrain!” Grandbuggy orders.

“You’ll never take me alive you flippin Fazbear motherbu-*WHAM*”

She falls to the floor, her head spinning after your Falcon Punch to the back of her head.

“Get a hold of yourself dummy, there’s no robots here,” you command.

“Reeee?” Mangle screeches holding her paw up.

“Okay, there’s ONE robot, but she’s cute and adorable, so quit freaking out already.”

As you say that, her eyes stop spinning and she groggily looks at your three forms.

"Ughhh... Where am I?" she asks.

“On a train,” Ahuizotl answers plainly causing you to facehoof.

“A train? But how?” her eyes focus on Ahuizotl. “Wait, you’re that adventurer guy.”

“That’s right senorita, I am Ahuizotl of-“

“You brought that monster to town!” she accuses pointing a talon at him.

“What? I did no such thing! That was all Quick Fix!”

“Oh sure, throw me under the wagon why don’tcha?” Grandbuggy grumbles.

“But it was your fault! You didn’t disenchant the corpse!” Ahuizotl shoots back.

“Oh excuse me for forgetting that oh so known procedure!”

And like that, they continue bickering again which all but confuses Greta. Rolling your eyes, you wave your hoof in front of her face and have her look at you.

“Just ignore them, they get dumb like that a lot.”

“Right…I’m going to guess this isn’t a dream then?”

“No unfortunately,” you say with a sigh.

“Figures,” she says wincing as she rubs the back of her head.

“Which one of you jerks punched me?”

“Who are you accusing? I’m a gentleman, I’d never hit a lady that didn’t deserve it, unlike this weirdo” Grandbuggy boasts.

“I would never!” Ahuizotl defends himself.

“Oh please, you’ve rough and tumbled with Daring so many times, she probably enjoys it by now,” Grandbuggy trolls.

“It’s not like that!” Ahuizotl shouts blushing red.

“I punched you,” you clarify as the two “Grownups” bicker and argue. Greta looks to you in shock.

“You did?”

“Yeah, you were freaking out so I had to calm you down.”

“Well…it certainly worked,” she says pulling her talon away from her bump. “That was a heck of hit…you’re the Crimson Vengeance’s daughter.”

“Eyup, that’s me,” you say with a smirk. She then looks around her surroundings and back at you.

“So, I am on a train…but how did I get here? The last thing I remember is that monster attacking Gallus before I stopped it then…nothing.”

“Oh yeah, the Arapa…Arpo…The THING hit you and knocked you out. I put you in my Inventory just like Daddy did to you when we had you manacled.”

“Ok…” she nods in understanding. “No wonder I woke with that flashback. Last time I was in that kind of bag, that Crimson Knight nutjob’s robots were all over me.”

“Eyup. Plus Mangle’s bark probably added to it. She was drawing on your face while you were out,” you point below her where Mangle is standing.

She looks down and freezes in place, her eyes going wide.

TartarusFire’s Comment

WARGAMES’s Comment

She stares in abject horror at the tiny animatronic, who chuckles trollishly and licks her beak with her metal tongue.

“MMMMM,” Greta whines, not opening her mouth as she backs up into a corner and shakes in fear.

“Alright Mangle, we’re not trying to give her a heart attack,” you chide the robot who looks at you giddily. She then opens her mouth and plays back a sound byte.

“Got any bits?” comes one of the griffon’s voices from earlier, which only makes Greta wince more.

“Bits?” you ask incredulously of your pet. She then points to Greta, to your bag, and back before playing the recording again.

“Mangle, I’m not going to charge her, I’M the one who stuck her in there in the first place.”

You then look from your pet, to the trembling griffon, and then to your bickering Grandbuggy and his friend and look at just how crazy this whole situation is.

"You know this sounds like a joke actually,” you say to break the tension. “A changeling, an alicorn, and a… an Ahuizotl get on a train. They accidentally commit anabduction..." You pause to let everyling laugh, but no one does. "Well a bad joke that is," you say wilting your ears.

SOME TIME LATER

Down with Chrysalis’s Comment

So after many explanations, apologies, off topic arguments, smacking Mangle with a rolled up newspaper, and even a random bout of Rock, Paper, Scissors, you all manage to get Greta calmed down and up to speed.

“Alright, so by now I’m what? About 8 hours away from Griffonstone?” she asks.

“Sounds about right,” Grandbuggy nods. “Although if you tried to travel right now at night, might actually take you longer.

“And when’s the next stop on this train?”

“Not till tomorrow when we reach the nearest Pony city. We are travelling even further out along the way after all,” Ahuizotl adds.

“Well that’s just perfect!” she grumbles and crosses her arms. “I’ve got no bits, no supplies, no idea where the buck I am.”

“You’ve got wings, you’ll be fine,” Grandbuggy hoof waves.

“Yeah, but that’s still a long trip. I’m not Gabby who can fly over the whole freaking globe with nothing but her mail bag and sugary personality,” she harrumphs.

Looking at her feeling down and cross, you can’t help but feel a little guilty. She’s only in this position because of you after all. But then a lightning strike of inspiration hits you on how to solve the problem.

"Hey, why don't you come with us?"

A few seconds of silence follow your question until you hear Grandbuggy mutter under his breath,

“Oh no not this again" or something like that. You ignore him though as the griffon looks to you in confusion.

"Huh? What do you mean come with you guys?"

“Just what it sounds like, come with us,” you answer plainly.

She looks to your two companions before raising her brow at you.

“And, where exactly are you all going?” You smile brightly at her question before standing on your back hooves while waving your forelegs about in an exuberant fashion.

"We are on a quest of epic proportions to seek out powerful magical artifacts from across the land to use them to bring about a new body for a kind being as old as time!"

A few seconds of silence past after your declaration before the griffon tilts her head.

"Huh?"

Your eye twitches in slight annoyance at that.

How did that totally cool speech go over your head? I thought you loved Video Games!

"We're trying to find magical artifacts. Wanna help?" you say with a deflated sigh.

“Magical artifacts? What like the Idol of Boreas?” she asks.

“Exactly. There’s many others to find just like it…even though we totally DIDN’T find it before that monster attacked, right Grandbuggy?”

“Nope, not at all,” he smiles sheepishly.

“Right, that thing we didn’t find we don’t have,” Ahuizotl adds nervously.

“Okaaaayy,” she says a bit perplexed. “And, well, that sounds cool and everything, but that sounds like something out of a book…”

"Oh, and you can keep any gold or treasure we find along the way. Plus you can see this as a way to return the favor with my Daddy too!" you add, sweetening the deal.

And like that, Greta’s eyes lighten up at the prospect of gaining new wealth before she says,

"Sure! Let's go clear some dungeons!" she says enthusiastically before nervously coughing into her talon at the smirks you’re all giving her.

“I mean, yeah that sounds cool. I do need to make some bits if I wanna get back home. Let’s just…let’s stay out of Bastion if I do travel with you OK?”

“Alright awesome!” you chirp before looking back to Grandbuggy.

“She can come right? We could always use more help, especially if more giant monsters show up. She’s good at fighting those.”

Mangle chuckles at that which causes her to shudder.

“Yeah, let’s avoid those too if we can,” she pleads.

Sighing Grandbuggy shakes his head before walking over to Greta and slapping her on the shoulder.



Kersey475’s Comment



“Well, it’s not like I can say no to her,” he admits.

“You didn’t even try Fix,” Ahuizotl chuckles.

“Eh,” he shrugs. “Still would’ve been futile, she’d have pulled out the puppy dog eyes.

“You know it,” you nod. Grandbuggy then looks at Greta inquisitively.

“You’ve obviously got some skills bird gal, you’re gonna need them if you hang with us. You sure you want to do this?”

“I mean, it’s not like I got anything else going on in my life,” she shrugs.

“Well then, let’s see you put those skills to the test,” Grandbuggy nods.

“What, like right now?” she asks.

“No, not right now,” he grumbles. “I meant when we actually get somewhere…I mean, unless you still got that zero suit I’ve heard about then maybe you could sho-*WHACK*”

You stop his creepiness with a strike upside his Bowler.

“Oi! Watch the hat kid!”

"Why do you keep attacking your Abuelo?" Ahuizotl asks.

"Mommy said to hit him whenever he starts acting weird around mares. She said it's 'Sax-ual Harassment' but I've never seen Grandbuggy anywhere near a saxophone," you shrug.

“Wait, then how do you even know what kind of situation that entails?” asks Greta as she takes a few steps away from Grandbuggy.

“Good rule of hoof, if it would make my Daddy’s nose bleed, then it’s enough to hit Grandbuggy in the head.”

Greta stares at you for a good couple of seconds in contemplation.

“You’ve got a strange family little filly.”

“Heh, Strange is putting it mildly.”

“Indeed,” Grandbuggy huffs. “But before you join us, you might want to wash your face a bit.”

“Huh? Why?” she asks as she looks in the reflection of the window and sees what’s been done.

“WHAT THE BUCK?!”

“SKKREEOOONNKK,” Mangle laughs hysterically.

LATER

After washing her face off, and retiring back into your inventory to sleep to avoid being labeled a stowaway by the Ticket Pony, you and Grandbuggy sit together while Ahuizotl snores in his sleep.

You finish writing a letter to your most favorite dragon in the world about your crazy trip to Griffonstone.



…And then I blacked out and we skedaddled before they could ask for bits. This adventure is pretty weird, but also really exciting. I wish you could be here. Tell the Crusaders my story, and tell them I miss them lots. I’ll write again when more fun stuff happens.

Love,
Nightshade.


“You finished writing to your coltfriend?” Grandbuggy asks as you roll the letter up.

“He’s not my coltfriend!” you deny and blush.

“Right, and the hearts above your I’s are just for fun?”

“I dot all my I’s with hearts!” you defend as you focus on the message link spell and send the letter to Spike with a flourish of green fire. He just chuckles at your antics and you frown at him.

“Aren’t you tired Grandbuggy?” you ask.

“Yeah,” he nods. “But I’ll sleep after you do.”

“I kind of already slept all day though,” you pout. “I don’t like wasting time sleeping anymore like when I was little.”

“Yeah, well you’ll have to try or you’ll be groggy and irritable all day tomorrow,” he points out.

“Hmmph,” you snort and look out the window.

“Hmmm,” Grandbuggy ponders for a moment before tapping your shoulder.

“How about this. I’ll tell you a story from my past. That’ll put you to bed.”

You turn and raise your brow at him.

“Any story?”

“Well, any story that’s not above PG-13,” he chuckles and you roll your eyes.

“So come on Shade, what do you want to hear about? I was always the best at telling bedtime stories. If you want something exciting, I could tell you about the time the Doc and I robbed the most impenetrable bank in the Universe.”

“Hmmm,” you think.

“Or if you’re in the mood for something spooky, there’s the time I briefly became a cyber pony.”

“Maybe later,” you say as you are curious about that one. “But actually, I’d like to know more about my Grandparents.”

"I'm right here kid, what you see is what you get" Grandbuggy jokingly responds.

"No, I mean Daddy's mommy and daddy,” you clarify and his face loses his smile.

“Oh…what brought that on kid?” he asks solemnly.

“Well, it’s been something that’s been on my mind ever since I saw that photo Daddy found in the bunker with you and Grandma when she was little. I’ve wanted to know more, but we’ve never had time.” He looks down at that looking a bit nervous.

“And your dad, he never told you anything?”

“Not really. When he first found it he got really sad and his head started hurting, so I kind of stopped asking after that,” you explain.

"Bucking memory-ruining Queen..." Grandbuggy mutters with a flash of anger in his eyes before becoming forlorn.

“Well Nightshade, I guess we’ll be taking a trip down memory lane for this bed time story. What do you want to know?”

“Just…anything about them. I felt like I knew you from all of Dad’s stories before I even met you, but them…I know nothing.”

“…Alright honey. I’ll fill you in,” He sighs and nods at that before turning to look out the window as he begins his tale.

"Well your grandma was my baby girl. She was half-Earth Pony so she had Earth Pony features long red hair and irised blue eyes, not the typical plain blue like we changelings have," he explains before showing his changeling face before going back to his disguise.

"As a 'half-breed' her life wasn't easy in the Hive. She was always trying and working so hard to gain acceptance and fit in, but it was never gonna work. The only reason she even got a leg up at all was because of my status. Hay, outside of me keeping my baby close whenever I could; her only friend was your grandpa."

"What was Grandpa like?" you interrupt.

"He was a lazy, gluttonous, good-for-nothing, dorky, wimp," Grandbuggy snaps, before he catches his breath at your look of confusion and lets out a sad sigh, "No, not's that fair to him. He was a good bug who genuinely loved your grandma. Guess that's just my "protective daddy' instinct still kicking in. Haven't felt that in a while..."

"Now I know where daddy gets it from..." you mutter.

"Anyway, my idiot son-in-law was the 'runt of his litter' and had long since given up on trying to fit in unlike your workaholic grandma. Rather than do any actual work or training, he was a wiseflank slacker who preferred to stuff his face and watch movies."

"What'd he like to eat?" you ask at the mention of food.

"That bigmouth would eat anything, but if you’ve seen yer dad eat you know exactly what his pa liked, Nacos, Dagwoods, and extra-malt milkshakes.”

“Oh yeah, Daddy beat up Caramel for eating his Naco once,” you point out. “So Grandpa liked them too?”

“Eyup. That boy sure did go the extra mile for fatty food, so much so that I’m sure it’s genetic,” he says tussling your mane.

“Can’t deny that,” you nod.

“Your Grandma on the other hoof was a bit healthier, though she always did have a sweet tooth when it came to Candy Granny Smith apples,” he sighs at that. “He always did seem to have a supply of those for her…but yeah, my baby girl had only that glutton for a friend, but they were both outcasts together.”


"So he protected grandma from the bullies?" you say drawing on your knowledge of anime and movies, but Grandbuggy bursts out laughing.

"Him protecting her? Pfft, she was far stronger than that dork and had the temper to match. Thanks to her Earth Pony strength and some tips and training from her elite badflank of a daddy," he brags proudly, "She walloped anyone in the Hive that picked on her or him."

“Oh…that’s quite an image,” you say in bafflement.

“Ya better believe it. That was another reason she was ostracized, the fact that they couldn’t beat her,” he nods.

"So what were Grandma and Grandpa like together?" you ask, your girly side getting the better of you.

"Well most bugs, ponies, griffons, what have you strike out at love several times, Hay I know I have..." he says sadly, "But they hit home runs their first time at bat; They were each other's first and only friend, first date, first kiss, first time, first and only marriage-"

"First time doing what?"

"Your parents will tell you when you're older."

"Why does everpony keep telling me that?!" you exclaim in annoyance.

"Anyway, like most half-breeds, your grandma couldn't fly, walk on walls, or even use disguise magic so she would be used as either a Pack Drone for the rest of the squad or an expendable front-line meat shield when stealth was no longer an option due to their increased toughness compared to normal changelings. That being said, due to her zeal to gain acceptance, her success on the field due to her elite training, and some wing-twisting by yours truly she attained the highest rank ever held by a half-breed in the Hive."

"She was an Officer?"

"Sergeant." Grandbuggy responded flatly, "Not even one of the fancy Sergeant ranks like First Class or even Staff, just basic Sergeant. Chrysallis’s mother would never allow a half-breed to rise any further for her oh so perfect machine."

"That's not fair!" you exclaim.

“No it bucking ain’t,” he agrees. “Ponies aren’t the only speciests in the world kid. She was the best of them, but they put her down just because of who her mother was. She wanted so hard for them to accept her, but that whorse’s doctrines wouldn’t allow for that…I guess that’s why I’ve always had a soft spot for half-breeds.”

You pound your fist in anger at the injustice your Grandmother had to face and grit your teeth.

“Stupid Changelings, not knowing greatness,” you grunt causing Grandbuggy to chuckle.

“Well said kiddo. The hive will get better though, this I know, thanks to your Dad and a scared shrimp of a drone in a few years.”

“Huh?”

“You’ll see in about three years or so,” he says mysteriously.

“Okaaayy…still though, that’s still not fair how they treated her.”

"Heh, you want not fair? Your grandpa had a 100% success rate on all of his missions despite only reluctantly doing the bare minimum of his duty. That boy never made it above Private First Class because he intentionally sabotaged himself so he wouldn’t have to do more work, and yet he was never captured or injured. Heck, I don’t even think he ever really fought at all. Baffled my baby on quite a few occasions, heck it still baffles me” he shakes his head in bewilderment.

"I thought you said he was a lazy slacker? How did he even get into the army?”

"He followed your Grandma naturally,” he explains. “All changelings conscripted for the army are based on their merit, but he just wanted to be near her. He got in despite not being qualified.”

“How?” you ask.

“Not following clichés is how he put it,” he says with a shrug. “Your dad used his movies and shows to base his fighting style on, while your Grandpa used the tropes to not fight.”

“Huh?”

“I don’t know,” he admits. “That’s how he explained it. Your Grandma told me he would always use his full name instead of his drone number because he claimed it gave him 'Nominal Importance', whatever the buck that means. If ordered to split up, he’d ignore the order and stick/hide behind the strongest squad member, which was usually my baby. Heck, the idiot saved the squad more times than not by forcing a retreat if anyone threw up a “Red Flag.””

“A red…what you mean like someone saying, “What could Possibly Go Wrong?”” you ask, remembering quite a few times Daddy has done just that.

“Exactly. As dumb as that boy was, he knew what to look out for.”

"So Grandpa weaponized being a couch potato?" you conclude.

“Not just weaponized, he used it for his day to day life,” he chuckles. “When they started dating, he’d order my baby chocolates, spaghetti, crepes, and malts with two straws."

"That sounds romantic," you comment, more focused on the food angle.

"That's what your grandma thought at first too... before she realized that idiot would get those for EVERY date meal." he says shaking his head in amusement.

“But despite everything, despite him being a lazy idiot, and her futile quest to reach for the stars, they made each other happy. I was harsh on the boy, and still am apparently, but he was there for my girl when noling else was. Good thing too, because your Grandma was just as dense when it came to romance stuff as your Dad. Took her years before she realized what that runt felt.”

“Yeah, if mares didn’t literally throw themselves at Dad, I don’t think he’d ever get the hint,” you agree.

“That coming from the filly who won’t admit she’s writing love notes to a certain draconic boy,” he trolls.

“Shut Up!” you blush and he chuckles.

“Heh, you’ll figure it out eventually,” he says before looking back out the window. “They weren’t legally allowed to marry, so I did it for them. I’d gotten a license in Las Pegasus on a job way back when so I figured I’d use it. Not long after that, they had your Dad…they were happy with those few years they had with him…”

He trails off looking into the night and you see some wetness catch at the corner of his eye.

“Grandbuggy?” you ask in concern. He sniffles and wipes his eye with his hoof before answering.

“Sorry kiddo, just…just remembering how it ended…”

You wilt your ears at that, because even you can put two and two together. He’s only been talking about them in the past tense.

“The former Queen didn’t like their happiness, it didn’t fit her grand plan, nor did she appreciate her daughter becoming close with your father, a second generation hybrid,” he growls. “She moved events to send them on a suicide mission. A whole unit of changelings wiped out just to be rid of my baby and that boy…And it worked…”

“I’m…I’m sorry,” you mutter as you process that information and he shakes his head.

“Don’t be. Ain’t nothing can be done about it now. Besides, I got even with her in the end,” he says with hard eyes. You don’t ask anything else after that, for fear of opening up more of his emotional scars.

“Still, even with that bitch gone, it didn’t bring them back…They were together until the very end…that’s some small comfort I guess,” he says before he suddenly pulls you into a hug.

“You have a chance at having the life your Dad never had kid, a mother and a father that will be there for you, despite whatever the world and Lady Luck throws at you. We’re gonna get those artifacts kid, and when it’s all over, you’re gonna have the good life.”

You hug the old bug back because he really needs it.

“Thanks Grandbuggy…Thanks for telling me that, even though it hurt. I’m glad you’re with me, just like you were there for Daddy.”

“Heh,” he laughs. “I’m just glad that fool has you in his life…but thanks Nightshade.” You two then stay like that for a good while, and after that emotional roller coaster, you do feel a bit tired. But one thing still claws at the back of your mind.

“Grandbuggy?” you ask.

“Yeah sweetheart?”

“You kept saying Grandma was Half Earth Pony…so does that mean my Great Grandmother was a pony?” He smiles at that and nods.

“Oh you bet she is. Really, she is the only Mare I ever truly loved…I wish things could have been different with her after all the adventures in time and space we had.”

“You met her while you were traveling with the Doctor?” you ask surprised.

“Oh yes…the most beautiful mare in all the universe…” he lets out a sigh at that. “Even after all these years when I glimpsed her at that reunion, she still looks flawless to me.”

“Reunion? Wait, she’s still alive?” you ask in surprise.

“Well of course she’s alive, you’ve met her countless times,” he points out nonchalantly.

“I have?” you ask incredulously.

“Yeah, Granny Smith, you were in her house for months.”

“WHAT?!” you exclaim in shock. “Granny Smith is my Great Grandma?!” He seems surprised by your outburst.

“Wait a second, your Dad didn’t tell you?”

“NO! Daddy knew? How long did…I…” you then flashback to when you found that picture in the Apple’s attic with Young Granny Smith and the Doctor with another mysterious stallion who looks like a younger version of Grandbuggy’s pony guise and when Ruby mentioned you and Applebloom having shared blood.

“Holy Buck, I’m related to the Apples…” you say in shock as a momentous truth lands on your shoulders.

“Gorramit Boy, what were you thinking not telling her,” Grandbuggy grumbles as he facehooves.

HUMAN LAND

POV CHANGE: Bugze

Down with Chrysalis’s Comment

WARGAMES’s Comment

It’s been a few days since your run in with Gloriosa’s alter ego, and even with that magical stone, you’ve had no luck in finding the portal in Crystal High.

Talking it over with B2, you both realized that if you really want to dig into the place, you’ll both have to explore it Scooby Doo style at night when noling’s watching. You both plan to sneak in this very night, but at this moment you are preoccupied with something far more important.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Oh My-This is-AHAHAHAHAA!!!” you laugh to your heart’s content in the school library at the cat playing a piano on the magical Internet thing.

“Mr. Bugze, this is a library, please keep it down,” Human Twilight shushes.

“I-I can’t help it! He’s playing a piano like a person! AHAHAHAHA!!!”

"I know right? Ha ha ha!" your video watching companion next to you guffaws.

See, I told you you’d find something in the human world to enjoy, Sombra says.

And of course it’s the most time wasting thing in the world. This is the 87th video you’ve watched Bugze, Selena comments.

There’s just so many cats to watch though! You defend at this glorious find.

“Ok, but can you two keep it down please?” Human Twilight urges as she picks at her salad and reads a book.

“No promises,” you say to her. “Do another, do another,” you command the chuckling human next to you who now puts on a video of a cat failing to jump onto a couch.


The discovery of internet cats came about after you went to find Twilight on her lunch break to see how her plan of vengeance went. Surprisingly, it went pretty well when you consider a teenaged girl hacked the systems for creepy animatronics and set them after her bullies.

Since she’s kind of a loner, and still brings Puppy Spike to school, she eats in the library. You would have probably spent some time eating there and maybe talking to her because she reminds you of you when you were in school…but a pale skinned, blonde human boy had a video of cats jumping away from cucumbers up, and you kind of lost your train of thought and sat down next to him. After so many videos though, the teenaged boy stands up.

“I’m afraid I have to get going Mr. Janitor, but it’s been fun. Don’t forget to look at Dog videos as well,” he instructs as he leaves.

“Will do,” you wave as you click another cat video. “Hey Twilight, who was that guy?”

She rolls her eyes at that, “The prom king himself, Blueblood.”

“That Was Blueblood?!” you ask in surprise and turn to see the boy exiting the library door. “Huh…well, he’s a definite improvement over mine,” you say with a shrug.

“Huh?” Twilight asks curiously.

“Nothing, nothing at all,” you backtrack. “So what are you reading?”

“Oh, just something on the history of unexplained phenomenon in Canterlot over the years.” Your eyebrows raise at that, and you look away from the monitor.

“Oh really?”

“Yes. After hearing you ranting the other day about ancient magical monsters and alternate universes with arcane horses, I got interested on why you would believe in such things so strongly,” she nods and turns a page.

“I-I did?” you ask before your face sinks. “Did I have a beard that day by chance?”

“Actually yes,” she nods. “By the way, why do you feel it necessary to wear a fake beard every few days?” she asks curiously.

“Um…It’s a character tic,” you shrug nervously.

Stupid B2, we’re trying to make sure the hummies DON’T think we’re crazy!

Thankfully you are saved from any other slips of the tongue when another familiar human walks in.

“Hi Twilight,” Cadence waves.

“Oh, hi Cadence,” Twilight waves back, still with her nose in the book.

“Having a good lunch?” she asks.

“Mmhmm,” she nods and holds a thumbs up which causes Cadence to smile and shake her head.

“Alright, well I’ll talk to you later then. Mr. Bugze, could I have a word with you actually?”

“Uh, yeah sure,” you say as you get up from your current cat video and follow the Human version of your friend.

“What did you want to talk about? If this is about that cracked window on the third floor, I really did think that the chewing gum would fix it.”

“No no…I’ll have to look into that later, but no. I just wanted to give you a warning and some advice,” she says suddenly deathly serious.

“On what?” you ask nervously.

“Principal Cinch is back, and she’s wanting to meet you.”



WHAT DO YOU DO?

Author's Note:

Oh No! Jerky Authority Figures! Bugze’s Worst Enemy!



Hey Hive Mind,

Sorry about taking so long on this chapter. I waited way too long to see if anyone else would comment instead of just using what I had, and I’m sorry about that. I keep expecting many large comments like in the heyday, but we’ve lost some commentors over the years. I’ll try to not take so long in the future.

Anyway, after a fun romp with our favorite filly, it’s time to control bug boy again, and it looks like Bugze’s going to meet his Evil Human Boss, so what kind of advice can human Cadence give? You decide.

Have fun guys, and remember the time frame. The first movie is still some time off.

I’ll see you on the battlefield Hive-Mind,

Brown Dog.

PreviousChapters Next