• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 4,379 Views, 24 Comments

Cold night in the Soarin Dash home - SoarinDash-lover



What do you do with 2 colts, a newborn filly, cold, snowy night and stories untold

  • ...
2
 24
 4,379

Sneaky details

Author's Note:

Last one everyone. Hope you enjoyed it and I'm already planning another that will take place a few years from now and Soarin's family and Dash's family will also be telling stories along with the foals. Sorry in advance but the colts don't actually tell a story but they do actually have a scene. Hope you enjoy and I'll make another story like this later.

It was a warm, sunny, summer day, birds were chirping, squirrels were scampering, and bees were buzzing, making there sweet honey. Everypony was outside enjoying the outside weather with their friends and loved ones. Well... almost everypony. Up in the clouds there was a beautiful and eccentric cloud home with three occupants, well one was inside the other. Rainbow Dash was lying down on her back, enjoying the breeze coming from the open window she had her head sticking out of. Soarin was in the kitchen, preparing a little snack for the both of them. Dash was currently 11 months pregnant, due any day now, and she was scared and excited at the same time. She was scared since she had heard from her mother and Soarin's mother, Crafted Petal, that childbirth can be very difficult and painful, especially if it's your first time. She was excited because she was going to be a mother soon and with the stallion she loved with all her heart.

"Hey beautiful. How are you feeling? You need anything?" Dash smiled when she heard that oh so familiar concerned voice. Soarin had grown even more possessive and concerned over the course of her pregnancy. She felt terrible, he did everything for her and always made sure she was as comfortable as possible, even if it meant he was tired and/or uncomfortable.

"Well... there is one thing I kinda need." Dash said coyly with a smug grin, knowing Soarin couldn't see it due to her head being out of the window. She rolled over onto her side and looked towards him. He had a very focused face aimed towards her.

"What is it? Name it and I'll get it for you babe." Soarin said with a gentle yet serious tone. Dash just smiled and put her head down, still facing him. "Everything alright Dashie? You still haven't told me what you needed." Soarin became increasingly worried. He was very obsessive and protective over his beloved mare and he wasn't afraid to admit it and prove it to anyone that doubted him. Ask the stallion that ended up in the hospital last month for flirting with Dash when they were out shopping. Poor guy ended up with a broken nose, 13 stitches over his left eye, and a few broken bones. In Soarin's defense he had left to go grab something and when he came back the stallion was flirting with his wife while she was trying to lean away from him but he had his hoof wrapped around her neck. Soarin was not happy.

"I want my big strong stallion to come cuddle with me." Dash said with a giggle. Soarin's eyes widened slightly but quickly became soft. Recently his Dashie had become quit the snuggler. He loved every second of it.

"Alright let me finish getting-"

"Don't worry about the snack unless you're that hungry. I want my big strong husband with me." Dash interrupted. Soarin gave no further protest, the snack was more for her anyway. He gave a goofy smile and began to walk towards her.

"Well... I guess I could do that." Soarin comically quipped at his wife. When Soarin got close he gently nuzzled and kissed her face before moving to nuzzle and kiss her bulging belly. He stayed there for a moment with his muzzle gently against his wife's baby bump. "I can't wait." Dash smiled warmly at her husbands statement. She couldn't wait either.

Soarin decided it was time to give her what she wanted and hovered over her and lay beside her. He gently helped her lay flat against her left side so her back was facing his right side. She giggled when she felt his hooves start wandering over her chest and abdomen. He rested his head on her neck and gently nuzzled.

They stayed like that for a while, simply enjoying each-others company, "What do you want it to be Soar?" Dash suddenly asked. They decided to wait until birth to find out the gender.

"I don't know. As long as it and you are happy and healthy I don't care what it is." Soarin gently kissed her along her neck and cheek before stopping at her nose. "Why babe? What to do you want it to be?"

"I kinda want a colt like you. I also wanted to talk to you about something."

"Talk away angel."

"I don't want to push our foal to be a Wonder Bolt." Dash said, almost as quietly as Fluttershy. Soarin lifted his head and looked down at her with a perplexed look. What does she mean 'push our foal to be a Wonder Bolt'? Soarin knew that the press had had a field day when Dash's pregnancy was somehow released. That was another thing that Soarin got irritated over, the press always hounding them and flashing their camera lights at them whenever they went out in public.
They asked a million question but the one that came up the most, from what they could hear, was 'Will your foal follow in your hoofsteps and become a Wonder Bolt?'

"What do you mean Dashie? You know I'd never force anything on you or our baby." Soarin replied best he could. Dash sighed and looked away from him. Soarin's ears folded back and he lowered his muzzle to hers.

"I just don't want to make our foal think it has to be a Wonder Bolt to make us happy. I mean, everyone thinks our foal is going to be a famous Wonder Bolt. I want our foal to do what it wants to do, not what everypony says it has to be." Dash said, choking up towards the end as a few tears squeaked out. She had gotten real emotional the last couple days. Dash was starting to cry a little, she was worried how Soarin would react, she was scared Soarin would be mad at her for not wanting their foal to be a Wonder Bolt like them.

Soarin was shocked and worried. Why was his little Dashie crying, he wasn't upset or mad at her, he was actually a little shocked that Dash was expecting him to be mad. Worried as to why she thought he would force their child to be a Wonder Bolt.

He gently started to nuzzle and kiss her neck, trying to soothe and comfort his hurt and weeping mate, "Shhh, shh, it's alright honey, I would never do that. I love you." Dash immediately stopped crying and started nuzzling back.

"I hope it's a colt like you Soarin." Dash whispered, "Speaking of colts like you," she started to say with a small smirk, "I hope you understand this won't be our only foal. I didn't like being an only child and your brothers are some of the craziest stallions I've ever met, and I think giving this little one some siblings would be awesome. What do you think?" Dash began nibbling on his ear and rubbing his cheek with a hoof.

"Dear Celestia I hope we have a filly at least, 5 colts was a hoof full for my parents." Came the witty reply.

"I didn't mean we had to have 5, though, that would be awesome, I just meant we should have at least three or four."
Dash said.

"Whatever you say sweetheart." Soarin said, knowing it was just better to listen to her and agree rather than argue with her.

So the rest of the day went by like that, Soarin holding Dash, rubbing her belly, talking to the foal, and just enjoying each-others company. When they awoke the next day Dash's water broke around 11 in the morning. The next few hours were spent in the hospital and at 4 in the afternoon, Spectrum Dash was born and named by his father.



"Looks like I got my wish huh Soar." Dash said when he finished telling the story. Spectrum and Snowy had already drank most of their drink, only about half an inch remained, Soarin had about two inches, Dash had about a half of hers gone.

"Yes you did love." Soarin replied with an amused chuckle.

"Is that why you had me and Color, you wanted Spectrum to have siblings like daddy?" Snowy asked his mother. Spectrum looked a little shocked and fascinated by the story.

"Yes, and I wanted to have a big family. So Soarin," Dash began with a devilish tone.

"Yes Dashie?" Soarin asked cautiously.

"Is Color Wheel are last foal or are we having two more?"

"Well-"

"Please!!!" Soarin was interrupted with a loud cry from both his sons. The sudden loud noise woke up Color Wheel and she had begun to cry. Everything turned to the loud wail of the foal that was taken out of the dream realm unexpectedly. Soarin stood up and walked over to Dash who had already begun calming Color down, but it wasn't enough.

"Shhh, shhh, it's alright, you're ok, nothing happened. Shhhh, see, mommy and daddy are here, it's alright." Dash said in a soothing voice. Soarin shot an unamused glance towards his sons. Dash saw and glared at Soarin. "They didn't mean to Soar, they got excited and forgot she was asleep. Calm down or do you want to be on diaper duty for a month?"

"Sorry, I just get irritated when they yell like that." Snowy and Spectrum were both pressed against their mother and peering over her shoulder at the sniffling Color Wheel. She had stopped crying but she was still sniffling. When she opened her watery eyes and saw her mother and father she stopped sniffling and began whimpering and reaching out for Soarin. Dash looked up at him and smiled.

“Guess she wants her daddy.” Dash said in a whisper as she began to pull Color away from her. Color didn’t like being pulled away from her mother and began to lightly cry again. Dash looked down and pulled her daughter in again but she reached up for Soarin again.

“Maybe she wants both of you. Maybe daddy should lay down in front of you mamma.” Spectrum suggested. Soarin and Dash looked at each-other then down to the foal still reaching up from Soarin.

“Let’s try it.” Soarin laid down right in front of Dash and scooted closer so her hooves, cradling Color Wheel, we’re lightly against his chest. Color stopped sniffling and whimpering and began to coo at the close proximity of both her parents. Soarin looked down and began stroking her soft mane and smiling. "Hey there baby girl. Feel better now?" Soarin gently spoke down to his rainbow-maned filly.

"That was a smart idea Spec. Come here you two, there's room for our two favorite colts." The boys smiled and pushed their empty mugs aside and walked over to Color Wheel. "Soar, will you take Wheel?"

"Of course." Soarin gently took Color in his hooves and cradled her gently. Wheel began to giggle and cuddle into her dad's furry chest. Soarin smiled and gently blew raspberries on her tiny belly. The filly began to squeal and laugh, her mother giggling at the sight, and Spectrum was smiling as his baby sister played with his dad.

"Come on boys, it's your turn to tell a story." Snowy and Spectrum chuckled as Soarin played peek-a-boo with the baby. They soon decided to do as their mother said. Spectrum stepped over his mother's foreleg and snuggled against her chest, Snowy stepped over her foreleg and cuddled against her other one. Dash closed her forelegs up and nuzzled her boys. Soarin chuckled when Snowy and Spectrum both nuzzled their mother at the same time and lightly trying to push the other to get more attention from Dash. Color had stopped giggling and cuddled against his chest and began to coo when she saw her brothers join them in the cuddling.

Soarin couldn't help but smile at his family, How did I get this lucky? A beautiful angel for a wife and she blessed me with three amazing, beautiful, and perfect foals I can proudly call my own, Soarin looked up at Dash and his smile somehow got bigger, the love in her eyes and the softness yet protectiveness of her face was an amazing thing to Soarin. Without thinking he leaned forward and kissed her forehead, causing her to look up and smile. They gazed lovingly into each-others eyes, emerald drowning in magenta and magenta getting lost and pulled in by emerald. Before either knew what was happening they were leaning forward and locking lips in a sweet passionate kiss.

"Why do they always do this with us watching?" Snowy whispered as to not disturb his parents kissing session. Spectrum just looked at him and then back up at his parents then back to Snowy and smiled.

"Even though we find it gross, it really is a sweet gesture. Remember Cloud Burst from school?"

"Yeah, what about him?"

"His parents don't like each other and always fight. You know how sad he always is and how he can't have family nights like we do. His parents don't even live together." Spectrum looked back up at his parents as they continued their soft, sweet kiss. He then looked down to his little sister who was smiling back at them. Spectrum loved his family with all his heart and was very lucky to have parents that loved each-other just as much as they did.

"Hey Spec?" Snowy suddenly sounded sad.

"What's wrong Snowy?" Came the concerned response.

"Do you think mommy and daddy would ever split up? And if they did would we get split up to?" Spectrum was about to immediately tell his brother that was a terrible idea and it would never happen, but then he remembered all the foals he knew with split parents and how they were the ones you'd least expect.

"That's never going to happen Snowy. Plus if something ever happened you'd never be separated." Both boys looked up and saw that their parents had stopped kissing and now their mother had her head partially tucked under their father's head and they were both looking at them with soft looks in their eyes, putting the colts at ease in an instant. Soarin took one of his hooves away from Color and began stroking their manes, "I promise, to all of you, Spectrum Dash, Snowy Dash, Color Wheel, and Rainbow Dash," Soarin looked at his wife and gently moved his head back and forth to rub against her head, "I will always love you and I will keep this family together and I will protect you all with every last fiber in my body. I promise."

"I promise to. Boys, don't ever be worried about me and daddy splitting up, 'cause it's never gonna happen." For the next couple minutes the family simply stayed like that, Soarin and Dash nuzzling against each-other, Snowy, Spectrum, and Color snuggling against one-another between their parents.

After a while soft snores could be heard between the parents. Soarin looked down and saw all three of his children sleeping soundly. "Well how about we-" another snore interrupted him and he noticed Dash had gone limp and her head had begun to droop. Using a hoof to stop her head, Soarin lowered her head next to the foals and smiled, "Guess we're not gonna hear a story from the boys, and we're sleeping down here tonight." Soarin grabbed a nearby blanket and draped it over Dash the best he could and grabbed a smaller blanket and carefully wrapped his foals up and laid his head next to Dash's.

The family had been pulled into Luna's dream realm together as the blizzard raged on outside. Even though the colts didn't tell a story, there was still a lot of family time bonding. Every family has its ups and downs, but it's the families that stay together that have the most love.


Comments ( 6 )

8808094
Glad you liked it!! :pinkiehappy: It was really fun to write and I'm so making another one!!:heart:

OMG i want another story like that!!! (sorry for bad English, i'm french)

9337312
I'm currently working on one.:pinkiehappy: Plus don't worry, I suck at English and I'm American.:twilightblush:

10660492
I have a lot of sympathy for people who struggle with orthography. I do too. What I have no sympathy for, are people who don't realise it and/or don't ask for help.

If you make mistakes in comment, that doesn't matter, we all do. I make more than most. But in stories, you release for others to read and enjoy, you should have the self respect to ask for help editing it. If there was an editor, that puts the blame one step away from the author, but I doubt that.

Very nice to see Rainbow and Soarin' together. :heart:

Login or register to comment