• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 4,375 Views, 24 Comments

Cold night in the Soarin Dash home - SoarinDash-lover



What do you do with 2 colts, a newborn filly, cold, snowy night and stories untold

  • ...
2
 24
 4,375

Memories

Author's Note:

Ok, all the characters you'll need to know for this chapter:

Soarin's family:
✴Dad: Warding Bolt- White fur, Dark green and navy blue mane in the style of Fire Streaks, Black hooves, Red eyes, Shield with six lightning bolts of different shades of blue around it for a cutie mark, He has a speckled nose.
----------
✴Mom: Crafted Petal- Light blue fur, Dark blue with neon blue mane in the style of Soarin's, White hooves, Light purple eyes, Lightning bolt striking a pink cherry tree and petals all around the tree for a cutie mark.
----------
(This list is in order from oldest to youngest)
✴Frigid Luck- Grayish blue fur, neon blue mane, gray hooves, light green eyes, yellow snowflake with rigid edges for a cutie mark
----------
✴Soarin- Pretty sure you guys know about him or I don't know why you guys are reading this.
----------
✴Risky Thrill- Dark blue fur, Dark green with light blue streaked mane, Dark purple eyes, Black wing with orange flames at the tips for a cutie mark.
----------
✴Gusty Snow- White fur, Very light blue with mint green striped mane, Red eyes, Light gray hooves, Cyan snowflakes with lightning bolts trailing them
----------
✴Shielded Spark- Baby blue fur, Navy blue and dark green mane, Emerald eyes, Black hooves, Purple shield with lightning bolts hitting it.
----------
Other characters:
✴Rain Bolt: Cyan fur, her mane is rainbow with a navy streak in between each color, magenta eyes, cutie mark is a dark storm cloud with a lightning bolt on top of it but around the lightning bolt there is a tornado and in the tornado there are 6 droplets and each droplet is a color of the rainbow
----------
✴Wind Brisk: Black with light blue mane, blue eyes, cutie mark is a snowflake with wind blowing it
----------
✴Smoke Stack: Black with gray hooves and a gray mane with brown streaks, green eyes, cutie mark is a volcano with white smoke coming out of it
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, yes I still use Rainbow Blaze as Dash's dad.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll do a blog with directions on how to see Soarin's family and possibly the others.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me know about any mistakes in the comments. Criticism is appreciated and accepted.

"Yes!!! Tell it!" Snowy and Spectrum said at the same time. Dash just chuckled at her sons enthusiasm. Even though she had heard this story from Soarin's brothers and seen them rough house a few times before, she would never stop him from telling it.

"Alright. First, is everypony comfortable?" Soarin asked jokingly. The colts simply nodded and snuggled against their mother, Color Wheel happily drank her milk with her mother watching over her, and Dash just wrapped her tail around the colts snuggled to her side and brought her filly closer to her chest. She looked up at Soarin with a look that said it all.

"Ok, let me think, where to start. Oh right...."



It was a warm summer day in Cloudsdale. Outside one of the many two-story houses, there were five colts playing outside with a a big ball. Both parents were inside cleaning up the last time they played with a ball inside.

“Catch Soarin.” The oldest, Frigid Luck, called out to his younger brother. Soarin looked around but couldn’t see the ball until it was to late. The ball came flying towards him and hit him hard enough to send him flying. “That’s gonna hurt.” All the colts cringed but immediately brightened up when they him come back with the ball and a new mark on his right side.

“I technically caught it.” Soarin said, struggling to fly. “My turn.” As soon as those words left his muzzle, all his brothers went wide eyed, “Catch Gusty!” After saying that, Soarin threw the ball at him and covered his ears. The ball was heading right for a giggling Gusty Snow. Right before impact, Gusty jumped up and slammed the ball to the ground and he jumped off before the ball bounced up and headed for one of the big, kitchen windows, where they could see their dad was right in the path of the big ball. “Oops” was all Soarin could say before the sound of a window breaking and a grunt was all that was heard.

“SOARIN DID IT!!” All the colts yelled pointing up at Soarin. Soarin just slowly descended and landed on the ground with a soft plop. Their mom came around to see what the noise was and was shocked to see their big kitchen window shattered, her husband knocked down with a bruise on the side if his head, and her five sons with guilty expressions on their faces, none looked as guilty as Soarin though. Warding groaned and rubbed his bruised head.

"Alright why is it Soarin's fault this time. From what I understand, you were all playing with the ball." Warding said as Crafted Petal helped him up. "Why don't you guys go sit on the couch while me and your mother clean up." Warding said to his children. All of them began flying through the hole and to the living room but when Shielded Spark got to the window, Risky Thrill nudged him a little too hard trying to get his attention and caused Shielded to cut his left front leg on a shard of broken glass.

"Owww! Mommy, daddy!" Shielded immediately stopped flying and clutched his left leg with his right. Before anything else happened, Soarin rushed to his brother while his parents got the others away from the glass.

"Hey, it's ok, shh, it'll be alright, mom and dad are coming, they need to get the others away from the glass. Calm down." Soarin said hugging his brother tightly. Shielded calmed down a little bit. The other ones wanted to help but their parents kept them back and corralled them into the living room. Soarin sat there holding his brother, waiting for his parents to come back.

"Soarin, honey, let me see him, go with your dad." The sweet voice of his mother said while stroking his mane and gently taking Shielded from him. Warding came up and picked Soarin up, away from the broken glass. Petal cradled her youngest, "Shhh, don't worry, you're alright, mommy and daddy are here. Let's go get you fixed up, alright, then we can watch a movie, ok?" She tried comforting her child. Shielded's sobbing started dying down and he nodded against his mothers chest. He was still clutching his left leg. Petal kissed his cheek and looked at her husband holding Soarin away from the glass, "Why don't you go calm the boys down and make sure they're alright. Come into our bathroom when you're done, I'll need your help." Warding nodded and looked at his youngest.

"It's alright pal, you're brothers will be right in the living room when you're done." Warding smiled at his son. Petal hovered over to a nearby bathroom and closed the door. Warding watched until the sound of running water was joined by the sound of a light sniffle, coming directly from his hooves. Warding immediately looked down to see a teary eyed Soarin trying to hide his face from his dad. "Hey, what's wrong pal? Please tell me you didn't cut either!" Warding panicked for a moment and looked Soarin over. When he didn't find anything he cradled Soarin, "What's wrong?"

"I-it-it's my f-fault." Soarin stammered out. Warding was shocked for a moment.

"What's your fault Soar? You didn't do anything wrong, heck you were just playing around of this is about the window." Warding said trying to comfort his son.

"It-it's my fault Shielding got c-cut. If I had never broken the w-window none of it would've happened." Soarin explained. Warding just nuzzled him and carried him into the living room, where the other three colts were waiting. When they saw Soarin close to crying they immediately sprang off the couch and zipped over to him.

"Alright boys, sit down, leave Soarin alone. I know I wanted you guys in the living room to talk about the window but you're just colts, everything's forgiven, just don't do it again, Gusty." Warding gave his son a sly grin. Gusty looked around nervously. "I know you were the one who slammed the ball causing the window break." Warding gently laid Soarin down and sat next to him. "Come on boys." He beckoned to them, opening his wing. Soarin stood up and sat down against his father's flank, Frigid went and sat next to Soarin, causing him to smile, Risky went and settled between his dads front legs, and Gusty cuddled close to Frigid and Soarin. Warding settled his wing on them and started stroking Risky's mane with his hoof. "I have to go help your mother now. I'll be right ba-" Warding stopped when he heard the soft sounds of snoring. He smiled and gently stood up. He picked Risky up and placed him with his brothers. He couldn't stop smiling at the sight of his sons all cuddled and sleeping together.

"Thanks for the help, Wardy." Warding turned his head towards the voice quickly. Petal was standing there with Shielded on her back. He had gauze wrapped around his left leg were the cut was. "Luckily the cut wasn't that deep. He'll be alright, won't you Sparky?" Petal asked her son. Spark just nodded and looked at the couch, expecting to see his brothers waiting to watch a movie with their parents. Instead he saw his brothers cuddled together and sleeping. "Looks like your brothers are out for the count. Why don't you join them Sparky, we'll watch something when everypony's awake. Alright?" Before she could even finish, Spark already had his eyes closed and soft snores could be heard from him. "I'll take that as a yes." Petal giggled. Warding walked up to her and kissed her cheek.

"We have amazing colts." He whispered, not wanting to disturb his foals. He picked up Shielded and put him on the couch with his brothers. "How did we get this lucky. Heck, how did I get this lucky." Warding said looking at Petal. Petal walked up to him and pecked his cheek. She smiled at him and got on the couch. She laid down in a position so her foals were nestled in between her forelegs. Warding joined her and laid across from her. Petal lowered her head and rested it by her foals. Warding placed his head on hers and they all joined each other in Luna's dream realm.



"Wow, you and our uncles really were more troublesome than us dad." Spectrum said when his dad finished the story.

"Yeah, we were loads of trouble. Our parents always put up with us though. That wasn't as bad as when your uncle Risky and Gusty decided it would be a good idea to bring a bunch of snow clouds to our wedding. That was a disaster." Soarin said with an unamused look. When he didn't hear anything in response he looked towards his family and noticed the colts were listening intently. They had both drained half their mugs and Color was being burped by Dash. She had only taken a few sips of her beverage but she was busy. When Color gave a tiny burp after several firm but gentle pats to the back, Dash brought her down and cradled her.

"Hey mom?" Snowy asked enthusiastically.

"What?"

"Can we have three more brothers. We already have one filly, good enough right. The next baby we have has to be a colt, then two more after. Or maybe you can have two pairs of twins. Then there'd be six of us. Please can we have at least three more colts?" Snowy asked his mother.

Before dash could say anything, "Boys, leave your mom be about the subject of more foals. let her at least recover from having Color Wheel. It's only been three days. Plus, we are not having three more foals. Maybe one more, two would be pushing it a little." Soarin told his sons.

"I think having five foals would be nice. I grew up an only child and I got lonely pretty easily. Besides, remember when I was pregnant with Spectrum? What I said to you the day before I had him." Dash said to Soarin. He smiled as he remembered her words.

"Now you have to tell us about your guys's wedding and what mom said to dad when she was pregnant with me." Spectrum said. Snowy looked just as eager to hear the stories.

"Alright. Since I told the last one, mommy gets to pick and tell the next one." Soarin said, nuzzling Dash's cheek and pecked her lips. Dash returned his affection with a nuzzle and peck on the cheek.

"I want to tell out wedding story. That was still one of the most amazing days of my life. Also, if you think about it, it was prettier after all the snow." Dash said to her husband.

"Alright, enough suspense. Tell us." The colts complained.

Dash smiled and nuzzled both of her colts and her daughter. "Alright....."



It was a beautiful day in December. For two pegasi though, it was one of the most important days of there lives.
Dash was in her dressing room getting her dress on. It was a beautiful wedding gown, it was white and faded into a rainbow towards the bottom, it had golden trim and small diamonds all over it. The veil and train had rainbow colored vines on it and diamonds outlining each vine. Along the bone of her wing all the way to the tip was a light golden covering that didn't interfere with the movement of the wing. She had golden shoes like the ones she wore at the gala but these ones had six gems, one for each color of her mane. Her mane and tail had been curled and braided and Rarity found a way to add small jewels. The finishing touch, which took the most coaxing, was the eyeliner and eyeshadow. Dash loved the dress and Rarity worked so hard on it. It fit her perfectly.

"Rainbow, darling, please calm down. I need to finish something on your dress." Rarity complained. Dash sighed and stood still. All her bridesmaids were there getting ready. Rarity did an amazing job. Her bridesmaids were Twilight, Apple Jack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Flutter Shy, Spit Fire, and Fleet Foot. Rain Bolt was her best mare. Since there were seven bridesmaids, Rarity decided to use Dash's six colored mane for the colors and decided to double one color, Apple Jack had a lovely red dress, Pinkie had a light orange dress, Spitfire had the yellow dress, Twilight and Flutter Shy had the green, Fleet had the blue, and Rarity had the purple. Rainbolts's dress was a light purple that faded into a dark cyan blue with white and gold trim.

"Oh Rainbow, you look so beautiful in your dress." Flutter Shy said. All the others nodded in agreement.

"Thanks Shy. I'm so nervous, what if Soarin decides he doesn't want to marry me? What if he leaves me for a prettier, better mare? What if-"

Before she could go on, "Dash calm down. Me and Fleet have known Soarin since we we were foals. He would never do any of that. He wouldn't stop talking about you when you started dating. He loves you and would never abandon you." Spitfire tried to calm her down. It worked and Dash gave a relieved sigh.

"I wonder what he's doing?" Fleet asked.


Soarin was a nervous wreck. He was in his dressing room getting ready along with his groom stallions, Thunder Lane, Fire Streak, Lightning Streak, Wave Chill, Wind Brisk, Smoke Stack, and Big Mack. Rapid Fire was his Best stallion. They were all making the final adjustments on their tuxes. Soarin's tux had six lightning bolt cufflinks, three on each sleeve. Each color matched his bride's beautiful mane, red, orange, and yellow were on the right and green, blue, and purple on the left.

"Soarin, calm down. What's got you so worked up?" Rapid said noticing how nervous Soarin looked.

"What if she changes her mind? What if she realizes I'm not good enough for her? What if-" Soarin was cut off when he felt a sharp pain in his left cheek and his head jerking to the right with a loud slapping sound. All the others in the room looked towards the noise, only to see Rapid Fire's hoof still outstretched and Soarin rubbing his cheek that had a big hoof print on it. "Oww, what was that for?!"

"For thinking Dash would leave you for another stallion. She's the element of loyalty for ponies sake. You guys have been dating for five years, we were all starting to get annoyed." Rapid scolded. All the other stallions in the room nodded in agreement about getting annoyed, "Now stop your whining and get out there lover colt." Rapid pushed Soarin out the door and closed it. When he looked back all the others wore surprised looks. "What? I was getting tired of his mouth. Don't make me push you guys out the door early." Rapid threatened. After that warning, everypony else finished up getting ready and prepared to join Soarin.


Princess Celestia stood by the alter. To her left was Soarin and his group of stallions that went Rapid Fire, who stood closest to Soarin, Smoke Stack, Big Mac, Fire Streak, Lightning Streak ,Thunder Lane, Wave Chill, and Wind Brisk. To her left was Dash's group of mares, Rain Bolt, closest, Flutter Shy, Twilight, Fleet Foot, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Spit Fire, and Apple Jack. When the bridal song started playing, everyone stood and turned towards the doors, waiting for Dash to walk down the aisle with her dad. The doors opened and Dash, along with her father, Rainbow Blaze, began walking down the aisle. Soarin never thought Dash could be more beautiful than she already was, he was very mistaken. Her dress fit her curves and athletic form perfectly, her veil concealed her face but he could see through it a little, her train glimmered in the light. Soarin couldn't take his eyes off her.

Dash was nervous but as soon as she locked eyes with Soarin through the veil, all that nervousness and all her previous worries washed away. Nothing could ruin this moment, not even the mysterious clouds inside the castle...... wait, what? All of a sudden it started snowing inside the castle. Dash and Blaze paused halfway down the aisle and everyone looked up at the mysterious snow clouds when Risky Thrill and Gusty Snow appeared behind them.

"Sorry. Wasn't supposed to start snowing yet." Risky called down. Gusty was scratching the back of his head.

"Everyone, please wait while my sister and I-"

"Actually, your majesty," Soarin interrupted Celestia. Dash and Soarin exchanged a knowing glance at each other, "We don't mind. We can continue." Celestia looked at Luna who only shrugged.

"Very well. Continue." With that said, everything continued. Dash's dress sparkled with the snow. When Dash and Blaze reached the alter, Blaze kissed his daughter on the cheek and took her hoof in his.

"No matter whatever happens, you'll always be my baby girl. I love you, my little Dashie." Blaze whispered to his daughter. Dash smiled and a tear escaped.

"I love you too daddy, always have, always will." Dash replied with a sniffle. The cold snow bit at her tear streaked cheek. Soarin smiled when he saw the small exchange and extended his hoof out when it looked like they were finished. Blaze took his daughter's hoof and put it in Soarin's outstretched one. When he felt Dash give his hoof a gentle squeeze Soarin gently pulled so they were now facing each other.

"Fillies and gentlecolts, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Rainbow Aurora Dash and Soarin Skies. Through their time together, they have seen their love and understanding of each other grow and blossom and now they have decided to live out the rest of their lives as one. At their request, the traditional vows will be followed by their own personal ones written for each other. When you are ready Soarin," Celestia said, motioning to Soarin.

Soarin took a deep breath and began reciting the traditional vow to his bride, "I, Soarin Skies, take you, Rainbow Aurora Dash, to be my wife, my friend, my faithful partner, and my love from this day forward. In the presence our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live." Soarin recited flawlessly. Dash was still teary-eyed from her father but now her magenta eyes were misty.

Dash took a deep breath and recited her traditional vows, "I, Rainbow Aurora Dash, take you, Soarin Skies, to be my husband, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hoof, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live." Dash said, sniffing at the end. Soarin looked at her through the veil, he knew she was amazing,
but remembering two vows was hard, and they both remembered the first one without flaw.

"Now, at their request, they have written their own vows for each other. When your ready Soarin," Celestia said again.

Soarin inhaled deeply, and began reciting his personal vow, "Rainbow Aurora Dash, when we first met and every moment after, I've felt complete, like there was nothing missing any more. I always told myself I'd never fall in love but when I laid eyes on your beautiful face, I completely forgot about that. I made a new promise, to do whatever it takes to make you happy and keep you safe. I would rather die than see you unhappy. I promise you now that I will always look after you and protect you from any harm. I promise to love you everyday and never let you go, never betray you, and always cherish every moment I have with you, as long as we both shall live." Soarin began getting misty eyed as he remembered how long it took him to get all his emotions into one vow. He loved Dash with all his heart and would do anything for her. He just hoped that vow would explain just how much.

Dash had small tears rolling down her cheeks. She wiped them away and took a few deep breaths to regain her composure. Then she recited the vows she made, hoping they would be as good as Soarin's, "Soarin Skies, all my life I used to do everything on my own and not depend on anyone else. Ever since I was foal and got picked on for being such a loner,
I didn't think anypony would ever care about me and that I'd always be alone. I always thought I'd be the one protecting others but speaking to you made my walls come down for the first time. When we started dating I felt safe around you, I felt like nothing was ever going to happen to me again. I've loved you for so long. When you asked me to marry you I didn't have to think about my answer. I knew I was ready to truly become yours, to be tied to you forever, and to one day give us our own family to raise. I'm never going to leave you, no matter what stands in our way, no matter who tries to separate us, and no matter what secrets we have revealed to us. I will be there with you. I love you Soarin." Dash knew it took a lot to make Soarin cry, but he had a tear streaming down his cheek and a warm smile. There wasn't a dry eye in that castle after that.

Celestia herself had to wipe a tear from her eye, even the other princesses had tears. "May I have the rings." Spike, after handing Rarity a handkerchief and wiping a tear from his cheek, stepped up between the couple with a blue pillow bearing two pegasi rings, one was a simple gold, stallion ring but the other had a blue heart with a silver loop holding it. Spike held the pillow up to the princess who took them in her magic, "Fillies and gentlecolts, by the power vested in me, I now pronounce Soarin Skies," Celestia clipped the gold ring on Soarin's longest primary feather on his left wing, "and Rainbow Aurora Dash," she clipped the other ring on Dash's longest primary on her left wing next to her silver engagement ring, "husband and wife. May they be united forever. You may kiss the bride." Soarin wasted no time, he grabbed her veil with his teeth and lifted it up and behind her head. Soarin was awestruck by how beautiful her eyes were. He smiled when she gave him a kind look that told him she was his and he was hers. He leaned in and captured her lips with his. This wasn't just any soft kiss, this was the seal for their marriage, their union. They tuned out all the applauding and cheering, they only focused on the pony in front of them, sharing a tender kiss neither of them would ever forget. When they reluctantly parted, they simply stared deeply into each other's eyes. The snow had fallen enough to completely cover the ground, they thought the snow was a nice, little, unique touch to their wedding. They were married, and they couldn't be happier.



"Wow, sounds like your guys's wedding was awesome. Wait, is that the reason you guys like snow so much?" Spectrum asked. He and Snowy had drank about 3/4 of their hot chocolate. Color Wheel had fallen asleep snuggled against her mother's chest while Dash stoked her small mane throughout the story, Soarin had drank half of his mug, Dash had only about 1/7 of hers drank.

"Yes, that's why me and your mom love snow. I still remember Rapid Fire slapping me." Soarin rubbed his left cheek were he had been hit. Dash and the colts giggled. "Hey it hurt. He really knows how to slap a pony." Soarin joked.

"He's married to Rain Bolt, of course he knows about good slaps to the face." Dash said to her husband. Snowy and Spectrum chuckled at that remark, recalling a few small get-togethers were their aunt Rain Bolt had slapped their uncle Rapid Fire (They're not really related).

"Now you guys have to tell us about what mom said when she was pregnant with Spectrum." Snowy said eagerly.

"Alright, but after this story you guys need to tell some." Soarin said to his boys.

"Who says we have anything interesting to tell." Snowy said with a nervous chuckle. Spectrum's eyes also widened.

"Don't think me and your mother don't know about your guys's little adventures when me and your mom leave you with your aunts." Soarin smirked at his sons.

"Alright we'll tell, but you have to tell us that other story." Spectrum confessed.

"Alrighty then. Were to start. Oh I know......"