• Published 14th Jul 2017
  • 2,418 Views, 5 Comments

Little You switcharoo - Yosh-E-O



Twilight and Spike are having a friendship problem requiring some special magic to resolve.

  • ...
25
 5
 2,418

Chapter 7 - Royal Guidance

They watched her leave with Twilight’s floppy ears sagging in disappointment. She glanced over to where the artifact had once stood and sighed. “Maybe she’s right,” she said quietly, but just loud enough for one of them to hear.

“You’re gonna let the princess know?”

Twilight hummed and her eyes fell onto a small painting showing off the re-crowned princess of the night; she smiled broadly. “Maybe, maybe Princess Celestia doesn’t have to know just yet,” she announced and turned around.

“What do you mean?” Sweetie Belle called out, just as Spike began to pummel her head with a squeaky, rubber mallet. “Ow, ow, ow!”

“Just hang on, girls! I got a plan!” she exclaimed and quickly started to write a sloppily worded and constructed letter. “Stupid dragon claws,” she said.

“Hurry up, Twi!” Apple Bloom said. “I think Spike might be figuring out he can still breath fire!”

Twilight glanced down anxiously at Spike from the railing; indeed the drake had began to burp up a waft of dark colored smoke into the air. She gasped and grabbed her parchment then bounded down the stairs. “Wait, I can use this! Uh, sorry about this, Spike,” she said and quickly yanked on his tail as she held the letter just in front of his mouth. A green flame shot over the letter and, just before it vanished from the room, a tiny silver stamp showing off a certain moon shaped cutie mark shined into their faces. Then, it was whisked away through the window. Spike started sniffling and Twilight wasted no time in rubbing his tail and cooing back to him.

“Shh, it’s okay. I’m sorry, Spikey. Shh,” she said. The three fillies watched Twilight coo at him and cuddle into his soft skin as they all let out a sigh of adoration in a quiet ‘aww’. However the moment would not last as a loud series of knocks appeared on the door.

“Twilight Sparkle, please open up this instant.”

Twilight gulped and the three crusaders held onto Spike so she could answer. They gave the mare a nod of support and Twilight finally got up to face the music. “Oh Celestia… this is not going to end well,” she muttered before making the final plunge.

“I honestly do not know where to begin with this sort of matter, Twilight,” Luna stated in a stern, stoic expression before shaking her head. “I… do appreciate you having confidence in me to explain your position… but at the same time, I’m concerned you have not called upon the aid of my sister when Spike is clearly in trouble.”

Twilight sighed while her new ears seemed to lower, not unlike a disappointed pony. “I know and I’m sorry, but I can’t figure out how to help him and even if I knew how to change back without my horn, it wouldn’t fix him, too. Please, can you help fix Spike’s mind?”

“I can try, but when this is over with, you will need to discuss with Celestia what has transpired and how this happened. I will be by your side and help you explain, but you will need to tell her, alright?”

She nodded before looking back at the sleeping form of the now baby drake who decided he needed a nap. “Just please help him.”

“Very well,” she stated as her horn began to glow a brilliant hue of dark purple. “Let us begin.”
The Princess of the Night was deep in thought for well over twenty minutes before anything seemed to happen. The broken stone began to vibrate as her magic finally surrounded it and she spoke, “Yes, I see. I see, young one,” she muttered quite cryptically.

“What? What is it?!” Twilight yelled while resisting the powerful urge to shake the princess awake.

Soon the magic had faded and the princess opened her eyes. “Spike is still in his own mind and has been this entire time. He is afraid, however. And I believe you know and have even experienced this fear before.

She shook her head, not understanding in the slightest. “What do you mean?”

“The fear that you will not be respected, that your size and who who are will determine how others treat you. I believe you may have experienced this once or twice today, or am I wrong to guess?”

“I… yeah. Yeah I… but why is he hiding? We don’t treat him in that way!”

“Oh?”

Twilight had to think back and realized the fault in her logic: she had treated him that way several times in the last few days without a second’s thought. She could chalk it up to treating him like a child, but that was no excuse for being rude.

“I guess I have been pretty harsh on him…”

Luna smiled at what must have been very hard for her to admit, but paused upon hearing another voice.

“I wasn’t just hiding because of that,” they both heard a familiar voice say.

“Spike!”

The dragon sighed and hastily discarded the thankfully unused pair of training pants onto the floor. “Hi Twilight…” he said in a quiet tone. “Princess Luna found me in a dream… I was kind of hiding in there which I guess is something dragons can do?” he asked her and Luna nodded.

“A bit of a simplified explanation, but dragons are well versed in the fine act of meditation, sleep and of course, dreams.”

“Oh. Well I…”

“Spike,” Twilight said, interrupting him, “why would you ever want to hide from me? I love you, you know that!”

“Yeah I know that,” he said with a weak smile. “I guess I just needed some time to rest and to know that you really did… it was nice being your baby,” he said but blushed like a ripe tomato the second the words left his lips. “Er, minus that part,” he said while pointing at the discarded training pants, though she could tell, in some small silly way, he didn’t mind them all that much as they still looked rather comfortable. But that was besides the point. “I just… I just wanted you to know that sometimes others don’t treat me the the same way as they might them,” he said while pointing to the Crusaders who were snoozing away in their own little world; too exhausted from the day’s events. “Or, you know, how ponies get treated…”

“Oh Spike…” she said and ran up to him for a very tight, crushing hug., “I’m sorry. I promise to never do that again. I’ll treat you more like a mother would their own son, if you’ll let me.”

The drake smiled before chuckling a bit. “I’d love that… uh, but I think I’m taller than you now,” he said with a snort and a giggle. They leaned into each other for a nice cuddle as Twilight rolled her eyes.

“Har har,” she said. “But I am sorry. You’re my number one assistant and my son. You should be treated with the same dignity and respect as anypony else… well as any child might get… you’re still not staying up past nine!” she warned.

“Oh c’mon! Eight fifteen is too early!” he whined but she gave him a firm shake of her head and he sighed. “...Fine.”

“As touching as this is, I believe we need to send a letter to summon my sister. She would be the only one who can fix you to your true form, Twilight.”

“Oh, uh, right…”

“Hopefully she will feel lenient in your punishment and only send you back to Magic Daycare instead of a nursery,” Luna said in the most serious tone she could muster.

“What?!”

Then the Princess of the Night broke out into a fit of giggles. “Oh I hope I played that prank right. My sister has been teaching me all sorts of… Twilight?”

Twilight immediately fainted, passing out cold as Spike shook his head in response.

“Oh Twilight…” Spike said before taking out his favorite baby blanket and draping it over her form. “What are we gonna do with you?”

THE END