• Published 7th May 2017
  • 4,190 Views, 939 Comments

Integration Is Pointless - OutOfTheBlue



How will Jack adjust to his new planet. Especially given he's the only human left after they decided to invade.

  • ...
24
 939
 4,190

Exodus

Author's Note:

Change of plans.Note: this will all make sense in a bit, this for character development and story progression not some deep narrative about politics or crap.

"JAAAACK! JAAAAAACK!"

I lifted my tear-stained face and saw Talion enter the clearing. He looked frantic and worried... for me. I crawled out and sniffed.

"T-Talion?"

He turned and gaspes as he saw my miserable form.

"Jack, are you okay?"

I shook my head, tears dripping off my chin.

"N-no. I'm... I'm so confused, and alone, and scared."

He pulled me into his arms and gently stroked my back as I cried into his chest.

"It's okay, it's okay. I've got you."

I sniffled as I pressed closer to him, glad for his warmth.

-------------------------

Brooke ran through the forest, searching for Jack. Although, that wasn't the only thing bothering her.

I can't believe... Talion's... that's... unexpected. Whatever, I need to find Jack fast!

She froze, a look of shock on her face as she entered the meadow Jack and Talion were in. There was no way this was going to end well.

-------------------------

I finally got my breathing under control and let go of Talion.

"T-thanks. I'm sorry for running off like that."

He smiled before patting me on the shoulder.

"Hey, we roommates have to stick together."

Suddenly, a familiar voice spoke, disgust in her voice.

"You... you're!"

I turned and saw Brooke looked at me and Talion in horror.

"B-Brooke?"

She whirled and ran off without another word.

Talion gave me a confused look.

"What was that about?."

I shrugged.

"Well, whatever's the case, I'm glad I found you.

I sniffed before latching back onto him.

"Now then, let's head home."

Upon reaching our house I cleaned myself up before getting into bed where Talion was already asleep. I moved over until I was pressed up against him and burrowed under his wing. I knew one thing and one thing for certain. The gryphon beside me was totally awesome... and he was super soft and cuddly.

------------------------

As we walked to town hall, I noticed that... everyone was glaring at us. And anytime a family got within a hundred feet they would pull the children away and glare at us, as though we'd threatened them.

"T-Talion, what's going on?"

"I don't know, but maybe we'll find out at town hall."

Hushed murmurs came from all around and I caught snippets of each one.

"Can't believe they--"

"How weird."

"They're both...."

I lowered my head and flopped my eats down. Were they talking about me?

Upon reaching town hall, we saw the mayor with Brooke behind him, looking at us as though he had just heard about our funeral.

"Mayor Bureau?"

"Listen... I just think you two should go... before anything happens."

"Mayor Bureau, what is this is all a--"

He held up a hoof before saying,

"Listen, I have nothing against the two of you personally, but I'd rather not have a problem on our hooves. You understand, right?"

Talion frowned.

"Yeah... I think so."

I looked at Ledger who was staring, grief stricken at the two of us. She caught my eye and blinked away a few tears before mouthing,

"I'm so sorry."

I gave her a concerned look before following Talion away.

We arrived at home and sat on the couch. Now that the heat of the moment had gone, Talion looked deflated and tired. I spoke up,

"W-where do we go? We can't live here if we don't have jobs."

He sighed before rubbing his head with his claws.

"Only thing I can think of is staying with family. My parents would put us up for a bit, but we'd have to take a train to the Gryphon Kingdom."

The Gryphon Kingdom. One place I hadn't even seen a picture of. But....

"Alright, let's go to the Gryphon Kingdom."

He looked at me and shook his head.

"You don't have to come with me. I've imposed enough as it is."

I moved over to him and hugged him.

"We roommates have to stick together. Besides, you're, like, the only one I trust right now. I'd be lost on my own."

He pulled me closer and smiled.

"Alright, the Gryphon Kingdom it is."

----------------------

We settled into our seats as the train pulled out of the station. We had taken all we could and had left on the first train possible. The only pony that said goodbye was Ledger, but eventually then she wouldn't stop crying and blaming herself. But, we were finally on our way. A new country, and a new lease on life.

One good thing is I aparantly don't need to gather magic anymore. That will come in handy. I leaned towards the window and looked wide eyed at the mountains we were passing over. They were beautiful.

"Just a few hours over the mountains and you'll be able to see the ocean. Then, it's straight to Ironrock, the main island of the Gryphon Kingdom."

I smiled. This might not be so bad after all.

------------------------

"What do you mean there's a problem?"

Enoch sighed as he turned the screen towards the five other humans.

"There's been a massive uprising. And, in order to insure we didn't join it, the Union disabled our piloting systems and deleted all coordinates from our ship. We're stuck here."

Commander sighed and bent over, massaging her temples.

"Well, we're going to have to figure something out, aren't we."

Lance bit his lip before sighing.

"Yeah, I'm sure the natives will respond favorably to us asking for peace. We've only killed how many of them?"

Commander sat bolt upright.

"What if we didn't ask."

Atlas looked at her in confusion.

"Coom again?"

She smiled wickedly.

"Why ask for that we can take."

-------------------------

Luna sighed as her troops set up camp. Tomorrow they would arrive in Featherborrow. And then they would--

"Your majesty!"

She turned as an exhausted pegasus messenger stopped before her.

"Yes?"

"We've received word that two of the members of the team researching the human camp are in the hospital at Featherborrow!"

She gasped.

"But they all went.... This shall prove most useful to our search."