• Published 7th May 2017
  • 4,189 Views, 939 Comments

Integration Is Pointless - OutOfTheBlue



How will Jack adjust to his new planet. Especially given he's the only human left after they decided to invade.

  • ...
24
 939
 4,189

The Beginning of the End

I awoke to a surprise. I was human again. And had a gryphon lounging on my left half. I slowly raised my arm to try to push him off but....

"Wow... he's even softer when you have fingers."

I managed to keep it down to only a few pets before wriggling out from under him. Once free I retrieved my magicite and became a pony again.

"Alright, time to go for a run and get more magic."

----------------

Talion awoke to find Jack missing. He shook himself awake before venturing downstairs. He was just in time for the rest of the family to begin hunting for breakfast so he could look around.

"Anyone seen Jack?"

A series of sleepy "no"s and yawns greeted him. Megan slapped the back of his head in passing.

"Don't worry 'Tally.' I'm sure your boyfriend will come flitting around anytime now."

Talion grumbled and put some bread in the toaster. Jessica giggled and said,

"I'm sure you'll be fine without him. I hope you can go thirty minutes without having a little guy clinging to you."

"S-shut up!"

Linsey poured herself some milk before pointing at Jessica.

"You're just jealous Talion has a boyfriend and you can't keep a boyfriend to save your life."

Jessica spit out her milk as Megan snickered.

"You just got a morning roast from Linsey." She leaned over and high-fived her sister. "You keep up the sarcasm and maybe you can be as big a disappointment as I am someday."

Mrs. Quillson gave Mr. Quillson an exasperated look.

"Honey, where did we go wrong?"

He looked up and shrugged.

"Probably when we decided to have kids. They're cute at first, but when they reach this age they're all moody and boring. It's all boys and meeting up with friends. Nobody wants to play cowboys with Dad anymore."

As everyone sat down Mrs. Quillson pointed her spoon at Talion before saying,

"You know, you never actually told us what happened. Why did you have to leave that... Feather... whatever it was?"

Talion sighed.

"Well... Jack ran off when Brooke--"

"Who?"

"This mare that had the hots for him."

Everyone nodded.

"Well, Brooke asked him out and he panicked due to his Poison Joke addled brain. He ran off and I found him. She saw us hugging, assuming Jack was... like me, and ran off. The next morning everyone kinda ran us out of town. As far as I know she stirred everyone up out of spite because she thought she was being rejected."

Everyone was looking at him as he went back to his toast. Mrs. Quillson had a deep scowl and soon snarled,

"Well, if I ever see that hussy I'll be sure to teach her a thing or two. Nobody hurts my baby boy!"

She reached over and pinched his cheek. Talion groaned as his siblings snickered.

"Mom! Can you not?!"

Mr. Quillson smirked as he looked over the top of his newspaper.

"Talion, it's a parent's job to embarrass their children. Also, you make yourself an easy target. I know the gay stereotype is being effeminate, but you really need to grow a backbone."

"Thanks, Dad. I loved the motivational speech."

Megan threw a piece of bagel at him to get his attention.

"You know, I've heard adds over the radio for testosterone supplements. It increases your masculinity and confidence. Maybe if you took them you wouldn't be wearing the apron. It's kinda sad the pony's wearing the pants in the relationship given he's, like, half your size."

He blushed profusely and slumped down a bit as everyone started howling in laughter.

"W-we're not dating... well, not yet. I don't know if he's... interested. A-And I don't need testosterone supplements!"

Jessica gave him a fake sympathetic look and said, in as sarcastic voice as possible,

"You sure. If you don't have the balls enough to ask him out you might."

This caused his already red face to turn crimson as he slid down even more.

"S-shut up."

Everyone laughed until there was a knock at the door. Everyone looked over in confusion as Mr. Quillson stood and walked over. He opened it to reveal--

"Morning!"

--------------

I trotted inside as Mr. Quillson opened the door. I walked over and sat down with the family.

"Where?..."

"I went for a run."

Everyone nodded and went back to their food. Mrs. Quillson looked up and said,

"So, Jack. Anything you want to do today? Given it's the weekend we've got all day."

I tapped a hoof to my chin as I thought.

"I don't know. I'll just follow you guys around."

She nodded and I quickly scarfed down some breakfast. With that out of the way it was shower time. I had retrieved my music player and selected a suitable track. I turned on the water as The Great Escape by Boys Like Girls started.

Just as it got started Megan walked by. She froze as she heard music playing and pressed her ear against the door. She nodded in approval as the song continued.

"That's pretty good."

I finished my shower and dried off before opening the door. I immediately saw that Megan was standing right there.

"Can I help you?"

She coughed.

"Sorry. I wasn't... what was that song?"

I paused before retrieving the music player.

"Uh... The Great Escape."

"It was... actually pretty cool. Most ponies I've seen around school like that gross techno-pop stuff that doesn't actually use any instruments."

I held up the player.

"I've got a whole lot more if you want to listen."

(Later that day.)

"Talion? Talion!? Have you seen Jack anywhere. I've been trying to find him for a while now. We're all going out to the mall."

"I dunno. Maybe Megan knows."

"Why would you think that?"

"She's the only person upstairs."

Mrs. Quillson shrugged before walking towards Megan's room. As she approached, she heard loud music coming from inside.

"How many times do I have to ask her to use headphones! She knows I don't like that stuff."

As she slowly opened the door, she saw a surprising sight. Sitting beside Megan on her bed was Jack. He was pretending to play the guitar while Megan faked drumming along to the music. Jack leaned too far over and fell off causing both of them to burst out laughing.

"Dude! What even was that!?"

"It was the big guitar solo! You can't tell me you don't air guitar along with the song sometimes."

"Whatever. I was referring to you flopping over like a drunk badger."

"Oh! That's just because I am not graceful."

"I can tell!"

Mrs. Quillson closed the door and silently "squee"d. Even Megan, Miss "I hate everyone" Megan liked Jack!

"So even if it doesn't work for one child, there's still a chance!"

She giggled before knocking on the door.

"Megan. We're heading to the mall. If you see Jack around please tell him."

"Kay."

She turned and walked down the stairs, a mischievous smile on her face.

Once everyone was present, we made our way to the mall. On the way we all talked about this and that with Linsey asking me why my ears were fluffier than other pony's. (Cause they make me more lovable.) Upon arrival, I couldn't help but appreciate the pleasant building sitting before us. It was about two stories tall and had lots of windows to let the sun in.

"It's not the biggest mall in the Kingdom, but it's definitely one of the nicer malls."

I nodded as Mrs. Quillson spoke. It definitely was nice. We all stuck together as we moved above the various stores. Linsey and I insisted we visit the pet store. As everyone else was looking at some puppies, an aquarium caught my eye. Inside was a long, brown spotted snake that was looking at me with its big eyes.

"Aw... there's something adorable about that little face."

I walked over and peered inside. It flicked its tongue before slithering into a small log in the aquarium.

"Heh, reminds me of Verdant... wait, aw man, I meant to visit Verdant again! I gotta remember to stop by there sometime."

The snake poked its head out and flicked its tongue before pulling back inside.

"Yeah, I am the worst."

"Uh... Jack? Are you talking to that snake?"

I turned to see Talion staring at me while everybody else was still looking at the various animals.

"Maaaaybe."

He rolled his eyes and we went to join his family. After leaving the pet store we made our way to the food court. Just before we reached it, I saw a pony I recognized. I perked up and dashed over.

"Brooke!"

She looked up as I hugged her.

"J-Jack!?"

I nodded.

"Hi, Brooke! How's it going!"

"F-fine. I just... I was looking for... aren't you, you know, mad at me?"

I blinked.

"Why would I be mad at you?"

"Because... because I made a dumb mistake and... and you paid the price for me being so... so...."

I stopped her by hugging her.

"There there, we all make mistakes. Goodness knows my parents made me!"

She backed up.

"What!?"

"Kidding!"

She froze before bursting out laughing.

"Jack! Can't you let me be sad for at least a minute! I'm trying to be heartfelt!"

"Nope!"

She looked me up and down and blushed.

"So... if... if you're not... upset with me... do you maybe... want to...."

(While this was happening)

Mrs. Quillson looked around as she noticed Jack was missing.

"Hey? Where's Jack?"

Talion looked around before groaning. He pointed at Jack hugging a mare.

"There. Great, what's she doing here."

Megan looked over at the two.

"Who?"

"Brooke."

Mrs. Quillson gasped and looked over as the two ponies hugged again.

"Why is she in the Gryphon Kingdom?! I thought you said she lived in Equestria!"

Talion pointed at Jack.

"I'm pretty sure she's here for him."

Mrs. Quillson scowled and stormed over.

"Mom! Don't--"

A claw clamped over his beak as Jessica silenced him.

"Oh no, I wanna watch this."

Linsey climbed up onto Jessica's back to get a better view.

"Is Mom going to kick her butt?"

Megan snorted.

"Fifty-fifty chance. She might just passive aggressively smile and be overly sweet. Like with Jessica's first boyfriend."

Jessica huffed.

"Chet was nice! I still don't see why--"

"His goal in life was to be a dj. You obviously are a bad judge of character."

(Back to me)

Before she could finish, Mrs. Quillson interrupted.

"Hello! I'm Mrs. Quillson! I'm Talion's mother."

Brooke looked over and nervously smiled.

"Oh... hi. It... it's nice to meet you!"

She raised her hoof and Mrs. Quillson began to shake it.

"You must be Brooke. Talion told me ~all~ about you."

She accented this by painfully squeezing Brooke's hoof.

"Oh... d-did he!?"

"Mhm."

She kept an overly sweet smile as Brooke began to sweat. Everyone knows that there's nothing more dangerous than a mom whose child you've hurt. Especially if said mom is a massive mix between a bird of prey and a lion with razor sharp claws and a beak made for killing.

"W-well. It's so nice to meet you Mrs. Quillson. Uh... could you excuse me. I was just about to tell Jack--"

She squeezed her hoof again.

"Oh, but I wanted to have a bit of," she narrowed her eyes and a bit of venom entered her voice. "Girl talk."

"But I just--"

Another squeeze and she was being pulled away. I waved at them.

"Okay! By Mrs. Quillson! Bye Brooke!"

Brooke looked back and saw Talion and his family watching the whole goings on.

"Help."

Everyone shrugged except Megan, who flipped her off.

I was about to head back over when a mare's voice said,

"You wouldn't happen to be Jack, would you?"

"Yeah!"

I turned and saw... oh crap.

Princess Luna light up her horn and the two of us vanished in a flash of light.

We reappeared in some sort of room with me falling back onto my haunches.

"What the--"

"Well well well, we meet again Jack."

I looked at the smug looking princess looming over me.

"Uh... what?"

She laughed.

"Don't play dumb! I know you somehow made yourself appear as a pony!"

"No-no-no! You've got the wrong person."

She raised her eyebrow.

"A real pony would have said 'you've got the wrong pony.'"

...

"Frick."

She light up her horn and began lifting me up into the air.

"You don't even have a cutie mark. I'm honestly surprised nopony has noticed you yet."

"Uh... cause I'm too nice?"

She scoffed.

"Oh yes, it was so nice of you to slaughter my ponies and wreak mayhem across Equestria."

"That wasn't me!"

She used her magic to clamp my mouth shut.

"Silence. With you as a hostage, I can trade you for my sister. You'll finally serve some perpose."

"Hey! What'd I ever do to you! And why was that about--."

"You pose a threat to all of Equestria. Your kind is not welcome here! My sister might believe you can live among us, but she was always a bit too merciful."

With a flash I was back in my familiar old dungeon cell. And then my supply of magic ran out. I didn't think it wise to transform back now. Might as well keep my ace in the hole.

(The next day)

I was herded onto a chariot and soon we took off in the direction of the forest. From what I'd heard, they hadn't found the humans. The humans had issued a set of demands and set up a meeting area. The ponies didn't have any handcuffs in my size, so I just had two guards with me at all times. Luna approached the meeting point with a squad of guards and me hidden to be brought out at the opportune moment. Soon, the Harrier's entered the clearing. Well, some were missing. Obviously set up around the place to provide sniper support.

"So, ponies. Have you come to meet our demands?"

Luna raised her head.

"I have a... counter offer."

She gestured for me to brought forward.

"You return Celestia, and I shall give you him."

Commander turned to Enoch and whispered.

"Who is that?"

"Probably a trick. They must have the ability to creat complex illusions and are trying to deceive us."

Commander nodded and turned back to Luna.

"My original offer still stands. Surrender Equestria to us, and your princess lives. I don't care about him."

Yup, saw that coming. Luna scowled.

"Really, so you won't mind if I have my guards kill him where he stands?"

The guards pointed their spears at me throat.

"Woah! Chill Luna! You've gone from two to ten real dang fast."

"Shut up."

I needed to act. If I didn't get away now, I'd die either by the ponies or being caught in the crossfire. I slowly moved my hand towards a small pouch on my waist and my fingers closed around the object within. Both guards had moved so they were standing slightly in front of me so it made the next part easy. I whistled which caused their attention to snap to me. I tossed my wax shark up into the air causing them to jump in surprise. Their spears moved away enough for me to grab their heads and bash them together. I caught my shark and ran as fast as possible.

"Stop him!"

"Any of your ponies move and they get their brains blown out!"

All my pursuers froze and allowed me to escape. I ran and ran in a straight line until I saw a familiar tree house! An idea occurred to me. A brilliant, awesome idea.

"Zecora! Zecora!!!"

She poked her head out of the window and smiled when she spotted me.

"Hello my friend! I was not expecting you this weekend."

"Never mind that! Do you have any of the potion that made me a pony!"

"Why yes indeed! And from your tone, I expect you are in need. I have made a brew that has no end. No longer on magicite will you depend."

"I don't need it for me, but I need that and if you had a potion that takes memory that would be great."

She gave me a skeptical look.

"It's serious! I really need both of those!"

She nodded and rustled around before returning with the requested potions.

"I don't know your reasoning, but these two potions are more than just seasoning. The blue is for form and the red for memory, but know that both are irreversible, use them responsibly."

I hugged her and grabbed the potions before running back towards the conflict. When I was close I saw that nobody was in the clearing.

"They must have returned to their camps."

I slowly made my way towards where I hoped the Harrier's base was and lo and behold, there it was. I skirted around and clambered into one of the vents on the outside. I needed to be sneaky. I slowly made my way over the kitchen and looked down through the grate. Inside everyone was sitting around a table looking stressed. Directly below me was a counter was a large pitcher that held what looked like brightly colored slushy.

"How long do we wait?"

Commander continued cleaning her pistol.

"I'll give them one more day. After that, things'll get messy."

I paused as I prepared to pour the potions into the container. Who was I to judge whether they became ponies and lost their memory. Sure it would mean everyone would survive given I could probably convince Celestia to not bother them or me, but they'd lose everything. Should I really do this? If I didn't then they'd try to take over Equestria and either succeed with lots of ponies dying, or fail with them dying and lots of ponies dying and me running back to the Gryphon Kingdom. Unless I release Celestia and she amd Luna kill them all. So the question is, which is the right choice?

~do it~

>don't do it<

Author's Note:

You decide. I'm writing the final chapter Sunday, so you have until then to cast your votes.