• Published 7th May 2017
  • 4,190 Views, 939 Comments

Integration Is Pointless - OutOfTheBlue



How will Jack adjust to his new planet. Especially given he's the only human left after they decided to invade.

  • ...
24
 939
 4,190

Adjustments

In my time on this bizarre planet, I have discovered something I am naming the "pony effect." What it is, is that if you fall asleep near a pony or other such being, your subconscious takes over and has you snuggle it. Evidence points to this being true given I woke up hugging Zecora with her head on my shoulder. I mean, I'm not complaining, ponies are cute, but I wonder if it's just coincidence or this place affecting me.

Zecora awoke and quickly removed herself from my shoulder with a blush.

"I apologize for invading your personal space! I cannot believe I slept with such disgrace!"

Wait... was that an insult or a statement? Riddles and rhymes make for bad times... dang it. Wait, I could use this to diffuse the situation.

"No problem, I don't mind cuddling. If anything I am at fault for muddling."

She laughed before going and checking the cauldron.

"I believe this is almost ready at last, now let us enjoy breaking our fast."

"Sounds good to me! So long as that means breakfast like I'm assuming it does."

"You are correct indeed, now how about some cherrybrush weed."

I had no idea what that was but soon she pulled some bright red leaves out of a pot and served them with some biscuits. The leaves tasted like cherries, obviously, and the biscuits were very good. All in all a good breakfast. While I cleaned up the small mess left by the meal, Zecora poured the potion into a bottle. She handed the container of viscous blue fluid to me and nodded, clearly telling me to drink it.

"Welp, down the hatch!"

I threw it back and was stunned at the unusual taste. It tasted like... rhubarb... and cotton candy... and dirt and celery and hot sauce all mixed together. I managed to hold back a gag and soon felt warmth blossoming in my stomach and spreading throughout my body. In a flash of blue light I was... shorter? I looked around, confused before I tried to move and lost my balance. I fell to the floor and saw... a furry leg with a hoof at the end.

"I guess this is something new to learn. I was unaware it would make you a Nocturne."

I looked at Zecora and then spotted my reflection in a mirror behind her. I was a bat pony, or a Nocturne as she called me. Maybe that was the official name for them? Anyway, I had dark grey fur, a deep blue mane so dark it was almost black, batwings, fangs, and cat eyes. I did notice everything seemed brighter than before. Maybe Nocturnes had night vision? Makes sense, I guess.

I shakily got to my feet -I mean- hooves and tried to take a step towards Zecora. My legs almost immediately got tangled given I had two more now and the back ones bended the other way (which is very disconcerting by the way.) Zecora caught me and held me up.

"Well, how do you feel? Is this new form horrible or surreal?"

"I-It's amazing! I'm a pony! I'm--"

I was cut off as I tripped and fell again only for Zecora to brace me with her warm, sturdy shoulder. I caught a whiff of her delicate, enchanting scent as I did. It was sublet, barely tickling my now sensitive nostrils. It was like the forest on a warm, spring day, just after the rain. Like flowers blooming and.... What the hell!?

I shook my head as the thoughts sprang unbidden into my mind. I just followed as Zecora set me down carefully before walking off with a quick rhyme about getting me some water. I wasn't really paying attention, I was too busy looking at her distracting flanks. No matter how hard I tried, I kept staring at her and, more specifically, her rump. She was a pony, or a zebra or whatever! A cute, fluffy zebra! She wasn't sexy! I mean, well, yeah she was, but... what!?!

I managed to tear my eyes away before she looked back and sat looking out the window as she handed me the cup of water which I quickly gulped down. My head was all awhirl as I sat there, trying to figure out what was happening. This was just supposed to be changing my body, not my head! Right?

Suddenly, a cold sensation coursed through me and with a flash I was human again.

"Huh? What happened?"

"It is as I suspected, you don't have enough magic collected."

I gave her a confused looked. Magic? What did that have to do with me becoming a pony? I didn't have magic-- oooooooh.

"Ponies have magic in them, right?"

Zecora nodded. (Fortunately, I no longer saw her in "that" way)

"And since I don't, I need some to become a pony."

"You are right my friend, without magic your transformation will end."

"Well where do I get magic?"

"Magic suffuses Equestria, from the plants to the air. You don't have to find it, it's already there."

She walked over to a table and picked up a faintly glowing blue crystal which she then handed to me. It was slightly rounded at one end and came to relatively sharp point at the other.

"That is magicite. Absorbed magic makes it bright. Simply stab the point into whatever you decide, and it will absorb the magic deep inside. Although please don't steal the magic a pony has within, for there is no greater sin."

She demonstrated by picking up an apple and jabbing the crystal into it. As the apple whithered and turned grey, the crystal began shining brightly. She then handed it to me and gestured for me to continue. I guess I'm supposed to put the magic in the crystal inside me, but how? Wait, please don't be taken through the "backdoor"!

I gulped before trying something. I put the sharp part in my mouth, careful not to cut myself, and sucked on it like a straw. It apparently worked because the crystal dimmed and the taste of vanilla milkshakes filled my mouth... weird. With a flash I was my pony self again. I immediately fell, still not certain how to walk.

"It appears in walking you need instruction, I guess I shall take care of your induction."

"Yeah, thanks."

----------------------------------

I lay awake as Zecora slept. I was a pony at the moment, and despite my best efforts, my brain was too chaotic for me to sleep. Two sides were waging war in my mind and eventually I gave in. I cautiously rolled over and drew closer to Zecora. Carefull, not to wake her, I buried my muzzle in her fur and took a deep breath. I held back a sigh as her pleasant aroma filled my nose. I took a few more deep whiffs before realizing what I was doing.

No! I'm not going to sit here smelling her! It's weird! It's unnatural! I'm a human and she's... wait, I'm a pony now, but I'm still human, right? I groaned before scooting further away and closing my eyes. After what seemed like hours, sleep final took me.

---------------------------

Where am I?

I was in... my old apartment? How was I--

>Relax! We're in your head!<

I looked over and saw... myself? Well, it was my human body sitting on the couch.

>Yeah! That's right! I'm you, the real you! Not like--<

~What a bunch of whooie. I'm the real you!~

On the other side of the couch now sat my pony self. At least, my body as a pony. What was happening?

~What's happening is you're all mixed up!~

>I agree with him, you don't know who you are, or more realistically, what you are.<

I know what I am! I'm Jack! I'm a....

Pony Jack turned to human Jack.

~See? He doesn't get it.~

>Well it is a little strange. How would you feel if you were a human and a pony at the same time?<

~Ugh, being a human would suck! Being a pony is so much better, right Jack!~

I--

>Bull! Why be a horse when you can be a human. They don't even have fingers!<

~So! I can fly!~

>But you can't play video games well. Hooves are too big for the controller.<

I don't--

~Whatever, it's obvious he likes being a pony better. He's already ogling pony flank. Well, zebra flank, but same difference.~

>No he's not! He was forced to by his weird new pony brain and instincts! He much prefers being a human<

Stop! I don't--

~Pony's are better!~

>Humans are better!<

~Ponies!~

>Humans!<

~PONIES!~

>HUMANS!<

SHUT UP!

I awoke in a cold sweat. Sometime during the night I had gone back to being human. I rolled out of bed and went to stand by the table, breathing heavily.

"What the heck just happened?"

>I don't know? What do you think?<

~Indecisive guy isn't he? Can't tell what he wants!~

My eyes widened and I looked around for my self and... myself. I was definitely awake, but I could still hear them!

~Yup! We're still here!~

>Looks like you're stuck with us.<

".........................Oh hell."

Author's Note:

Comments welcome as usual.