• Published 7th May 2017
  • 4,189 Views, 939 Comments

Integration Is Pointless - OutOfTheBlue



How will Jack adjust to his new planet. Especially given he's the only human left after they decided to invade.

  • ...
24
 939
 4,189

Dim

I slowly brushed my teeth as I stared deep into my own eyes. They looked dull and hungry. Just like some wild animal.

I spat and finished washing my mouth before walking to my bed. I collapsed and curled into a ball on my side before pulling the covers over me. I felt Talion get in his side before I turned out the lights. As I lay there motionless I could hear Talion tossing slightly in an attempt to get comfortable.

With a sigh he tapped my shoulder causing me to flinch.

"Jack. If there's anything I can do to help you get through... whatever's wrong, just ask."

I shrugged, not even bothering to reply.

"I... I know it's not really my place, and I'm sorry for prying.... But please... tell me. Are you feeling sick or something or... is it in your head."

I weakly sighed.

"I don't know. I just feel... empty. Like... I've never known happiness and never will again."

That gave him pause but after a bit he gently grabbed me and pulled me against his warm feathers.

"I don't know if this will help, but I'm here for you. Don't talk if you don't want to, but I'll be here if you need me."

I nodded numbly before saying,

"I... I think I feel a bit better."

He hummed before pulling me closer and wrapping his wings gently around me.

"Well... I hope you get back to your old self soon. I... It hurts me to see you like this."

I leaned my head against his chest and listened to the soothing rythm of his heat.

"I don't know... but... I feel so alone ...and lost."

He sighed before pulling the covers a bit closer.

"Well, I'm not leaving you alone. You're like... the best friend I've ever had, well, only friend I've ever had. The other gryphons were all jerks. Anyway, uh... goodnight, Jack. I'll be right here. Hopefully you'll be able to sort yourself out."

I nodded and snuggled a bit closer into his warm body. I slowly relaxed as I listened to the gentle "lub-dub" of his heart. Maybe... I'll feel better tomorrow.

---------------------------

I woke up and was tired like usual. I glanced at the clock and sighed. I didn't want to get up. I snuggled back against my only companion and sighed. Still just as down as before. Except, now I had to try to make myself get out of bed. But... why should I? It wasn't really worth it. Who would even notice I was gone? And even if I did, who would care.

"Feel any better today."

"Worse."

Talion gently rubbed my back. It felt nice.

"Well, nobody feels good in the morning. Wait a bit before saying for certain."

I groaned and buried my head beneath his wing. He chuckled before scratching my ear.

"Comfy?"

"You're so soft and warm."

"Well if the only way I can help is to be your space heater than fine by me."

I groaned before pulling on his wings, wrapping them tighter around me.

"What time is it?"

"Uh...."

*RIIIING...RIIIING*

Talion turned off the alarm and groaned.

"Remind me why we're working?"

"I don't know. It won't accomplish anything anyway."

He sighed before slowly crawling out of bed, dragging me with him. I didn't let go, walking was too much effort. He dragged me to the kitchen and got out some bread to make toast.

"Whatcha want?"

"Not hungry."

He sighed before picking me up by the scruff of my neck.

"You need food. Eat some dang toast."

I grunted as he dropped me onto my hooves. I slipped into the bathroom and started getting ready to brush my teeth. This way, I'll have an excuse not to--

"Nu uh, not that easy. You're eating whether you want to or not."

I moaned in protest as he dragged me to the kitchen and dropped me into a chair.

"I liked it better when you didn't bug me like this."

"I liked it better when you weren't acting like a jellyfish with a cold."

"What?"

He picked up my foreleg with a claw and dropped it. It flopped to the table like a bonless fish.

"Mhm, jellyfish. Now eat your toast."

I sighed before eating my bland toast. Talion started towards the door but noticed I was lagging behind.

"So help me if you don't suck it up I will cary you."

Yeah right. Like I buy that. Why should I hurry to work. Not like it matters at all. I yelped as Talion slung me over his back and held me down with his wings.

"Noooooo. Stop."

"I warned you. We're going to be on time like it or not."

I huffed before nestling into his back.

"Whatever, I'm napping."

The walk to work... well... was awesome. I got to nap while going to work. How awesome is that. I love sleep, it lets me ignore the nightmare that is my life.

He opened the door and Brooke called out.

"Oh uh... hey Talion. Where's... is that...."

Ledger walked out to see a disheveled Talion with a tired Jack snuggled into his back. Her eyes widened and she blushed.

Wait! Jack, who's normally overly chiper in the morning la looking tired while resting on a bedraggled Talion's back?! Does that mean... but I... oh. I didn't realize... Jack... oh! Oh my!

"Uh... is Jack okay?"

"He's tired. I'm going to go clock in."

"Alright, see you later Jack!"

I groaned as Talion carried me into the the break room. Today was going to suck, like every day. Ugh... I hate life.

Author's Note:

Sorry it's short. I've been busy.