• Published 7th May 2017
  • 4,190 Views, 939 Comments

Integration Is Pointless - OutOfTheBlue



How will Jack adjust to his new planet. Especially given he's the only human left after they decided to invade.

  • ...
24
 939
 4,190

Escape

By this point it was pretty late and another problem had arisen.

“Alright, which of you knuckleheads is keeping him in your room tonight.”

Lance immediately held his hand up, but so did Atlas.

“Wait a minute, Atlas? Why do you want to keep him with you?”

“Are ya kiddin me? This thing's funny. Why da yoo want ta keep him?”

“I'm the one who suggested we bring him with us!”

Commander held a hand to her forehead as she saw them start fighting.

“You know what, I'll decide.”

She looked around before pointing at Trace.

“Trace, you're keeping him.”

Trace shrugged before going back to his book. Lance and Atlas groaned as Enoch approached Commander.

“Do we still not have orders?”

“Yea. I don't know why they're taking so long. Hopefully they'll reestablish contact soon. Until then we're just to eliminate any military personnel that approach our position.”

Lance shook his head.

“I’m just saying, but this is probably the worst assignment we've ever gotten. I mean, I'm fine with killing threats, but we literally blew up a train for no specific reason. We're fighting ponies for... who knows what.”

“It's not our job to ask questions. We either do or we die.”

Lance mumbled something under his breath before walking away. As... surprisingly nice as these guys were, I still didn't want to stick around. Who knows how long my magic would last? As the other Harriers started to disperse, I followed Trace to his quarters. His room was sparsely decorated with a few books here and there as well as some other knickknacks. While he did whatever, I went to check out the bathroom. Inside were the usual fixtures, shower, sink, toilet, but in the corner was a grate that looked small enough for me to crawl through. Only problem was that it was screwed securely in place.

>But as a human that wouldn't be a problem. You could use your pocket knife to remove the screws and then turn back into a pony to escape.<

~I’d suggest waiting until Trace is asleep before attempting an escape.~

And I'll need to remain a pony until then.

>But where are your bags?<

The room at the end of the hall.

~This could be tricky.~

I removed my magicite from under my wing and absorbed some of the remaining supply. I walked out just as Trace was lying down. He saw me and pointed to a pile of pillows on the floor.

“I'm hoping that will suffice?”

I nodded and flopped down on the pillows. The lights turned off and I felt a hand quickly pat me on the head before all was still. I sat listening intently for minutes before slowly his breathing started to slow and grow deaper. I waited a bit more before cautiously standing and creaping towards the door. One good thing was that my eyes being what they were I could see in the dark very easily. I opened the door and crept towards the room I first woke up in. After slowly opening the door, I began to scout around for my bags. I froze when I heard movement from the bed and held absolutely still, barely daring to breath. After silently freaking out for a bit I returned to my search. I spotted my bags on a table beside the bed and crept over to it. Just as I had reached them, I felt something land on my back. I started and froze as I realized that the person who was sleeping had simply moved in their sleep. I was about to attempt to continue when I heard the person mumble something and begin thrashing around. I gently took their hand and layed it back beside them... only for said person to grab ahold of me and pull me into bed with them. I remained completely still as the mystery human held me tightly against them.

>Well... this just happened.<

~Uh... good news and bad news.~

What.

~Good news is that they're still asleep!~

And the bad news?

~You're in bed with the Commander.~

...Of course I am.

>Cursed?<

~Probably given our luck.~

Yeah.

Just then the universe decided to flip me the bird and make my life more awkward. Suddenly, I was human again! And the increase in length put my face directly into her... “chest.”

>Yup, somebody obviously cursed us.<

~I don't see how this is worse.~

Before, if she woke up to find herself holding me, she probably would be a bit peeved that I was walking around in the middle of the night. But now, I'm a random guy with his face in her bosoms and she probably would castrate me with a rusty spoon.

~Oh... that is worse.~

>Uh... look on the bright side?<

What bright side!?

~What a way to go.~

I resisted the urge to punch myself and instead started trying to extricate myself from her grasp. I went slowly, stopping anytime she moved. It took forever but I finally succeeded in my effort to get away.

That was a close call.

>Too close.<

~I'll agree on that!~

I picked up my magicite from where it lay and then carefully scooped up my saddlebags. I had no idea where I was or how to get back to town, but at least I had snacks. I slowly made my way back to the door. (A little slower this time given I no longer had my night vision.) I returned to the room Trace was in and made a bee line for the bathroom. Once inside with the door firmly shut, I dug my knife out of my bag and went to work on the screws.

It took ages, but I finally had the grate off of the vent and could crawl inside.

I really hope this leads outside.

>And not into a giant fan.<

I reached behind me (which was difficult given how small the vent was.) and placed the grate back on the vent. I pulled my magicite out and absorbed the last of the magic inside it. Now that I was a pony, the vent was a bit more manageable.

I slowly crawled through the dark corridors, looking out each grate in the hopes that one would lead back outside. It took... I don't know how long, but a long time, but I finally made it to a vent that moonlight was streaming through. I put a hoof to it and pushed. The grate didn't move.

Are you kidding me!

~Now what?~

>Break it down.<

Right.

I pulled back and slammed my hooves into the grate as hard as I could. It bent slightly.

>Harder!<

I hit it again and again and again until finally, with a loud clang, the grate fell to the ground. I crawled out of the vent and dropped to the ground below.

Now do I run?

~Yup.~

>Get far away and wait for morning so you can--<

Wait, I'm a Nocturne. I can fly and have night vision. I can just fly up nice and high and look for the town that way.

~...It's worth a shot.~

>Just max out on magic so you don't become a greasy smudge on the forest floor.<

Okay.

I trotted around stabbing anything I could and gathering more and more magic. Soon, the magicite was glowing brightly and I stuck the end in my mouth. Feeling a bit stronger, I opened my wings and took to the sky. I flew up as high as I thought necessary before looking around.

~There! I see the river!~

>And there's Verdant's waterfall.<

I think I'll stop there for the time being and check to see if Orchid and Doc are still there.

I soared over the forest, the wind feeling refreshing after so long in the cramped vents. With the whole forest spread out in front of me, I couldn't help but smile at the wonderful sensation of flight.

This is the only way to travel.

>The view is nice at least.<

~Yeah.~

I soon was right over the waterfall and started trying to descend. What started as a slow circle downward soon was me falling into the pool. I broke the surface with a gasp and sat there floating for a bit.

Note to self, learn how to land.

>Hopefully you didn't drop anything.<

I clambered onto the bank and used my magicite to turn back into a human again. I slowly made my exhausted way to the cave and was soon walking through the short tunnel. I found the main room dark with a sleeping Verdant resting in her nest.

>Guess she took your advice.<

~...Tired.~

Same.

I wearily set down my bags and turned to find a sleepy looking Verdant staring at me.

“Jack? *Yawn* wha-what are you doing here sssso late?”

“I did say I'd spend the weekend with you, so I figured I might as well drop back in now that the whole business with the two ponies is taken care of.”

“I... I did like you asked. They're in the hossssspital, and don't know how to get back here.”

“Tha-*Yawn* that's good. Anyway, I'm beat.”

She slithered back to her nest and patted the spot I'd occupied before. I wearily clambered over her and soon was dead asleep.