• Published 7th May 2017
  • 4,190 Views, 939 Comments

Integration Is Pointless - OutOfTheBlue



How will Jack adjust to his new planet. Especially given he's the only human left after they decided to invade.

  • ...
24
 939
 4,190

Featherborrow

I sat hidden in the underbrush as I looked at the town in front of me. It had taken less time than I had expected to reach Featherborrow but it was still a little after lunch.

>Speaking of lunch, what are we eating?<

Don't know.

~Speaking of food, I hope we don't run out of those vitamins any time soon. It will probably be a pain to get more.~

Yeah, probably. I think we have enough though.

The best place to enter the town was probably the large path that lead from the forest to the center of town. I quietly made my way over to it and started getting out my magicite.

>Here's to hoping you have enough magic in that thing.<

~Yeah, becoming a human in the middle of a pony town would be very bad.~

It's glowing pretty bright, so hopefully we'll be fine.

Once I was Jackknife again, I moved from the underbrush to the main path and started making my way into town. As I entered the town, I surveyed the houses around me. They were mainly log cabins with some being multiple levels high while some were short and long. As I approached what must be town center, shops and stores replaced the houses and I started seeing ponies walking around buying various goods.

>We can lay low here for a bit and then head to another location. Traveling around would probably be the best course of action.<

~But to do that, we need supplies. So we should stay here for a bit and build up some savings. Oh look! they have an ice cream shop!~

All of those are great suggestions. But please, keep the comments to a minimum when I'm talking to somebody.

~SomePONY! Ponies say somepony. If you don't, you'll stand out which we don't want.~

>He has a point.<

I rolled my eyes as I continued along until I noticed how quiet it had become. I looked around and noticed that every...pony had stopped what they were doing and were gawking at me like I had grown an extra head.
I lowered my gaze and headed into what must be the city hall. I figured that was the best place to start looking for information about work and where I'd live.

As the white double doors swung inward, I nervously made my way into some sort of waiting room. I approached what appeared to be the main desk and looked at the mare sitting behind the counter. She looked up from her magazine and said,

"Here to see Mayor Bureau?"

I nodded and she smiled before pressing the button on an intercom device beside her.

"There's a stallion here to see you."

The box made a crackling static sound before a voice replied,

"Give me ten minutes to finish this. I'll tell you when I'm ready."

"I'll tell him."

She smiled and said,

"I'm assuming you heard that too."

"Yeah, I can wait."

I sat down in one of the chairs closest to the desk and looked around. The walls were a light brown color with green carpet on the floor. Given the wooden furniture and natural colors it made me feel like I was sitting inside a tree. I looked over the mare sitting behind the desk. She was an earth pony with a light turquoise coat and a white mane and tail so shiny they almost looked like polished silver. She looked up and saw me looked at her which caused her to break into a smirk.

"Whatcha looking at?"

I blinked a few times and replied,

"Just looking around. I'd never ever heard of this place before I saw it on a map."

>Wait a minute, why was Verdant's map written in English? Everything else is written in some weird pony language.<

Yeah... I just realized that.

~Pay attention! She's saying something!~

I shook myself slightly before refocusing on the mare who was giving me a skeptical look.

"Were you paying attention?"

I blushed while rubbing the back of my head.

"No, sorry. I've always been a bit spacey"

~Nice save. She digs it.~

She winked and smiled slyly.

"One of those ponies who gets lost deep in thought? That's fine by me. Anyway, I was saying I hope nopony gave you weird looks when you came into town, folks here tend to be wary of strangers. Especially when those strangers don't look like them."

"Oh, yeah. A few ponies stared, but it's no problem. I'm used to it by now."

She nodded before moving from her desk to the chair beside me.

"Now pardon my asking, but what exactly are you batponies called? I can't believe you literally go by 'batponies.'"

"Well the official name is Nocturne, but I don't mind being called a batpony."

She hummed and nodded slightly before holding out a hoof.

"Sparkling Brooke."

I met her hoof with my own.

"Jackknife."

She smiled and I noticed she had freaking adorable dimples on her cute little cheeks.

"Nice to meet you. Although I wouldn't be surprised if ponies are a but standoffish at first. We've had trouble in the past with outsiders causing trouble."

"Really?"

"Mhm. A couple of no good gryphon goons like to fly across the border and vandalize buildings and make a huge mess of food wrappers and beer bottles. But seeing you're not a gryphon, they should warm up to you pretty quickly so long as you prove yourself friendly."

"Thanks for the advice Sparkling Brooke."

"Oh please, just call me Brooke. And do you mind if I do something?"

I raised an eyebrow before shrugging.

"Knock yourself out."

She carefully held my bat wing and slowly ran her hoof over the soft membrane between the slender flight bones.

"Wow, it's so different from a pegasus wing. And the, uh, stuff it's made of is so soft and velvety."

She held the wing up a bit and rubbed it against her cheek.

"I mean, it's softer than my blanket my grandmare made me when I was a little filly. Oh, you don't mind me touching your wing, do you?"

"N-no."

I was barely able to hold back an embarrassing moan of pleasure as she slowly rubbed the sensitive area near the base of my wing.

Dear sweet sassafras this is better than hugs.

~Uh oh, somebody needs to be careful or you'll creep her out.~

>Is this the pony form of... you know... a girl doing... you know.<

S-shut up and let my enjoy this!

I managed to keep the side of my face facing her calm and straight, but the side that wasn't I was biting my lip as hard as I could. She eventually moved on and gently placed her hoof on my cheek to turn my face towards her.

"I thought you're eyes looked different behind those sunglasses. Can you take them off so I can see?"

"Yeah, they're just to protect my eyes from bright sunlight."

Fortunately I had recovered enough to keep a straight face and removed the sunglasses (which I had forgotten I was wearing) and placed them in my saddlebags.

"Your pupils are all... different. They're not round! And your eyes are such a nice gold color."

"Thank you."

I looked into her eyes and saw they were a deep violet color.

"Your's are very nice too."

She blushed and ran a hoof through her mane.

"Thank you. I've been told they look just like my great grandmare's."

The intercom crackled and the voice said,

"Alright, I'm done. You can send him in now."

Brooke stood up and trotted back to her desk before pressing the intercom button.

"Alright, I'll send him right in."

She smiled again and waved me towards the mayor's office. As I left I looked back at her.

"Thanks for the advice, Brooke. Hopefully I'll see you again later."

"No problem. And feel free to stop by anytime."

And with that I walked into the mayor's office.

I sat in a chair in front of a large wooden desk with a grey unicorn stallion sitting behind it. He had a black mane with a few streaks of gray running through it and was wearing a tie and small spectacles.

"Nice to meet you, I am Mayor Bureau."

"Jackknife."

"Well then, tell me what you need.

-------------------------------------------

As the doors closed Brooke turned to the mare in the back sorting various documents in the filling cabinets.

"He seemed like a gentlecolt."

The mare nodded before saying,

"I figured given how much you were flirting. Is he hot?"

"Oh yeah. He's got more of that rough around the edges handsome look rather than the clean cut look. And he's not in bad shape either."

"Well you'd better make your move now before all the other single mares catch wind of him. Poor guy doesn't know what's coming for him."

Brooke waved a hoof dismissively before turning to walk away.

"I like my chances. Besides, he said he liked my eyes."

The mare that was filling snorted and shot Brooke a wily look.

"You sure he didn't say 'thighs'? That is what most stallions are looking at in a mare, and of course the caboose."

Brooke gave the mare a wink before strutting back to her desk, rump swaying seductively.

"Maybe I should 'escort him out' and let him see the 'whole package.'"

The two mares laughed and the other mare called after her.

"Careful the mayor isn't with him, don't want him getting the wrong idea."

"Honestly, why do you think he wants me to be the secretary. Since we don't have a bowl of candy for visitors he figures we should provide some eye candy instead."

"Oh Brooke, you've got to be careful what you say. We could have ponies in the lobby."

They laughed before heading back to work.

------------------------------------------

(Meanwhile, in the mayor's office.)

"So you need a job and a place to stay?"

"Yup, nothing fancy. Just a way to earn enough to keep food on the table and a roof over my head."

"Well, I think I have an arrangement that can work in both of our favors. I need an extra pair of hooves around here to act as a custodian and assistant secretary. Basically you'd be keeping the building clean and helping Brooke by delivering various items to various ponies. And in regards to housing, there's a decent sized house on the edge of town that's been vacant for so long, it's gone back into town government ownership. I'll let you rent-to-own the place and take the rent out of your pay. Sound fair?"

I reached a hoof out to grey unicorn and gave him a smile.

"Sounds like a good deal to me."

"Good, I'll have Brooke show you the way and you'll start work tomorrow."

Mayor Bureau pressed the intercom and said,

"We're done. Please show Mr. Jackknife to thirty-one Pine Lane."

The intercom replied,

"I'd be happy to."

I put my sunglasses back on and headed out the door. Upon exiting Brooke smiled and motioned for me to follow her. As we walked towards the door I glanced at her and--

~Daaaaaaaang! She's got a nice butt! Talk about thicc!~

>Seriously, if you don't stop commenting on every mare's appearance I will stab you. H-hey! Stop staring!<

I'm not turned on by it! And I'm wearing sunglasses! It's just... hypnotizing. I can't look away.

~Hey, when they got the the booty, you gotta look. And she got the booty.~

>I swear, I'm going to snap one of these days.<

I followed her until we stopped in front of a decent sized one story log cabin.

"Well, here we are. Here's the key." She handed a small key that I held with a wingtip, "And if you ever need any help, or just somepony to talk to. You know where I am."

"Thanks, Brooke. I'll see you soon."

She nodded and trotted away as I entered my new house. It was a bit dusty, but it would be fine. With a flash, I was out of magic and hurriedly closed the door, hoping no one saw me.

"Well, guess I'd better get cleaning."

----------------------------------

Twilight and her friends idly chatted as the countryside rolled by. They had learned which route the Nocturne Twilight was chasing had gone and were now in pursuit. Suddenly, the train started slowing before it stopped entirely. Twilight and gang raced to the engine car and found the conductor in conversation with the engineer. Twilight hurriedly asked,

"Why'd the train stop?"

"There's another train stopped on the tracks. I'm not sure why though."

Rainbow Dash laughed before saying,

"Is that all? If you want, the six of us can go ask what's wrong. We are the Elements of Harmony after all."

The conductor nodded and the six headed for the stopped train.

"Wait a minute, this is the train he was on! I wonder what happened?"

As they boarded the caboose, they stood in the doorway at the horrifying scene in front of them. There were ponies with various wounds and burns filling the aisles and the sickly smell of decay hung heavy in the air. Fluttershy fainted immediately and the others started gagging and choking. Twilight, tears in her eyes, moved to investigate one of the bodies and saw something that made her blood run cold.

"G-girls. This was done by... by... humans."

They gasped and Pinkie said,

"It must have been the one Fluttershy claimed was in her house! We need to tell Princess Celestia so we can stop that wicked evil mean bad and nasty meany McMeaniepants!"

"Worry not, I happen to be chasing this last human myself."

The girls turned and saw that Princess Luna, followed by a squad of night guards had landed behind them as they talked. Twilight bowed before saying,

"You know about this human?"

"Unfortunately, yes. And I shall capture him and make him pay for his crimes."

As she surveyed the wreckage, she scowled and hissed out,

"Run while you can, Jack. I will find you wherever you hide."