• Published 7th May 2017
  • 4,190 Views, 939 Comments

Integration Is Pointless - OutOfTheBlue



How will Jack adjust to his new planet. Especially given he's the only human left after they decided to invade.

  • ...
24
 939
 4,190

Brooke

Legible Ledger stalked angrily into town hall after the whole disaster with Jack and Talion.

I just... I don't know how it got so out of hoof so fast. I mean... I knew the ponies here were used to doing things a... certain way, but I never expected.

She froze as she walked past Brooke who was sitting, an emotionless mask over her features. Ledger gulped before turning to her.

"I... I know I'm not the most... outspoken of ponies, but I have something to say to you."

Brooke didn't move.

"How... how could you be so cruel?! I mean, I knew you didn't approve of... you know, but... to drive them out of town. I just... I...."

"You... you think I wanted this!?"

Ledger turned and saw Brooke staring straight ahead, but with tears leaking out of her eyes.

"You think... that I'd purposefully hurt... one of the kindest stallions I knew! That... that you know I... I liked!"

Ledger stood stunned as Brooke began to shake, from anger or sorrow she wasn't sure.

"You don't even know the half of it."

-------------------------------

Brooke stood staring at the two as they held onto eachother. She couldn't believe.

It's... It's true!? No, no no no. If the ponies of the town find out... they'll be treated like... like...ooooh I gotta go warn the mayor so he can help keep it quiet!.

She turned and ran, panic searing through her.

I... I need to do something! They'll be ruined if I don't! Oh, why'd they have to be.... I don't even care that it's weird! They're my friends Tartarus be darned! But... if I try to tell them, they'll think I'm some jealous, spiteful mare trying to vent her frustration! Why is everything so complicated!

~~~~~~~

"Mayor Bureau! You've gotta help me! Jack and Talion are gay! If we don't tell them--"

Gasps rang out, causing Brooke to notice what she'd walked in on. Sitting behind her was the town legislature. Six of the most stuck in their ways, stubborn ponies known to ponykind. One stood and turned to the others.

"I warned you! That gryphon is trouble!" He turned towards the mayor and scowled.

"If you don't fire him and his... his... partner! You'll be out of a job too."

Brooke stood stunned as the legislature filled out, leaving her and the mayor. He sighed,

"Brooke, you couldn't have chosen a worse time."

She turned to him, fear in her eyes.

"T-they can't be serious! I mean, we can get the help of all of their friends to--"

"It won't help. You know what they're like. They'll whip the whole town into a panic. A bunch of ponies who normally wouldn't really care are gonna think that those two are Discord himself. Our hooves are tied."

"No... b-but, they're my friends!"

He sighed and looked her in the eye.

"I know it's going to be tough, but I want you to act like you're mad at them too." He held up a hoof to silence her.

"I know, I know. But it's for their own good. If Jackknife has to live the rest of his life wondering about wether or not you love him, he'll never move on. It'll be hard, but I'll do it too, help them move on. It's the least we can do."

Brooke nodded, holding back tears.

"Why'd everything have to go wrong?! Why can't life just go according to plan for once."

------------------------

Ledger sat, hooves covering her mouth as Brooke finished her tail.

"B-Brooke, I... I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have just--"

"It... It's okay. I just... it all happened so fast. If only I'd... if I'd waited a bit, or checked his office before opening my big mouth. It all would've gone so differently. I wish, I wish I could change--"

She trailed off and Ledger placed a hoof on her shoulder.

"Well, at least they've got eachother to watch their backs. I don't know if they actually will, you know, get together. But at least they aren't all alone."

Brooke nodded and wiped her eyes.

"Thanks Ledger, I needed that."

Ledger smiled before bumping her shoulder with her own.

"Besides, I heard a bunch of Guards are coming to town. Maybe some Canterlot stallion will come sweep you off your hooves."

Brooke laughed and gently punched Ledger's arm.

"Ledger! You're terrible!"

The two laughed before heading to their respective workplaces. At that very moment, a certain princess set hoof in Featherborrow. She hummed to herself before saying,

"Soon, I'll track you down soon."

Author's Note:

What was that!? Did I just double jigger you?! If you saw that coming (you know, it all being a series of unfortunate events) you are obviously psychic. It all went according to plan with me trying to make as many of you ticked off and confused as possible! (Which I fear I did a little too drastically.) I dunno about you guys, but I love stories that take what I thought was going on and smashing it into a billion pieces of wrong. Hope you liked it! It was going to be longer, but I got busy and decided to split it so I could publish it today.