• Published 7th May 2017
  • 4,190 Views, 939 Comments

Integration Is Pointless - OutOfTheBlue



How will Jack adjust to his new planet. Especially given he's the only human left after they decided to invade.

  • ...
24
 939
 4,190

Be Quiet!

I groaned as I landed, glad to be on solid ground again. As cool as flying was, I just was too tired to keep it up for long. Honestly, ever since I'd been taken prisoner I had slowly been getting more and more tired every day.

>Could have something to do with becoming a horse.<

~Or from being a boring human in a magical world of happiness and sunshine.~

At least I was getting a bit better at ignoring the constant arguing going on in my head.

"Tired already? Have to say, that was pretty fast. You really need to work on your endurance."

Magala chuckled as I backed away slightly. She somehow managed to make everything she said sound sexual. I was more worried about her jumping me than anything at the moment. She must have realized that because she sighed and... I think she rolled her eyes (hard to tell when they were solid blue)

"It was just a joke, calm down. You've been jumpy since we started."

"Well sorry! I keep worrying that your going to try to tackle me again! Except rather than just forcibly kissing me you'd probably just rape me!"

"Sorry that the prospect of kissing me was so unpleasant! Sorry I'm not pretty enough for you! There! Happy now! I hope you don't have nightmares about the disgusting prospect of mating with me!"

She stormed away and sat down on a log. Okay, that was bizarre.

>Just leave. She can't be trusted.<

~No way, you caused this, you're going to at least ask if she's okay.~

Shut up you two.

While they bickered away about who was right and who was wrong, I slowly walked over to her.

"Zecora's house is back down the path. Can't miss it."

"Not what I came over here to say."

She hissed before turning to face me. Uh-oh, I think she might have cried a little. Not good.

"What more do you want me to say! Sorry for subjecting you to the abomination that is kissing me!"

"No. I want to know what this is about."

"Typically. You think you did nothing wrong. You're just like every other pony. You see me as a parasite that needs to be exterminated. You think I'm disgusting and don't deserve love or compassion."

"I don't think that. I just thought you were trying to take advantage of my confusion to have your way with me."

"I wouldn't do something like that! If anyone knows about Tranformative Confusion it's me!"

"Transformative Confusion?"

"What's happening with you and your sudden attraction to Zecora. When you shapeshift, your brain changes too. This causes all new chemicals to be released into your blood stream. This causes the random attraction you've been dealing with. I figured I'd break the ice by kissing you, helping your brain flush some chemicals out."

"How would that--"

"You're speaking to a veteran shape shifter."

"Oh."

We sat there uncomfortably for a while as I tried to figure out what to do.

>Leave, you've said your part.<

~Patch things up between you two!~

Idea! I knew just what to do!

"Magala, I don't feel how you said I do towards you. You're an interesting person even if your sense of humor can make things a little awkward."

"Yeah, I guess I--"

I pulled the same trick she pulled on me. I darted forward and shut her up with a kiss. I laughed as she froze, dumbfounded.

"But I don't feel 'that way' towards you either. Although I figured I could give you a snack to help you feel better."

The look on her face was priceless. She slowly grinned before saying,

"Carefull, you might give a girl the wrong idea. Besides, you need some lessons."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Lessons?"

"On how to really kiss a mare."

She pounced and started very energetically smooching me. Wow! She was good!

>At kissing?<

No, at turning your own defense against you.

~Yeah, cause she turned his surprise attack into an effective counter.~

As... nice (?) as the make out session was, I started feeling that cold sensation again. I guess I was out of magic. That was... oddly fast. Blue flash, check. And now I was a human again. Somehow Magala didn't notice and kept on keeping on. She opened her eyes and stared at my now human self.

"So that's what you normally look like."

"Yup."

"Huh, I don't see how you ran out of magic that fast unless... unless...."

She started staring at my chest. Well, more like through it. She then latched onto me and started rubbing her head against me.

"Uh...."

"Your emotive aura! It's so... so... warm! Like, when I sense a ponies emotive aura, it's like being thirsty in the desert and finding a cup of cold water. You just can't get enough! It's wonderful and horrible at the same time! But yours, it's so warm and comforting, like a warm blanket when you're cold."

She curled up in my lap and started making a sound like a mix between a pur and the humming of a bee. Well... that's cute. I tried to stand up, only for her to burrow under my shirt and cling to my neck. I sighed.

"Guess I'm carrying you."

-------------------------------

We arrived back at Zecora's place just as the sun began to set. Magala was still clinging to me as I walked down the path.

"Greetings my friend! How long ago did your lesson end?"

Magala chose then to pop out of the top of my shirt.

"Just a little bit ago. Mind if I stay the night?"

"No skin off my back, I just put some stew on the rack."

We walked with Zecora the rest of the way as I filled her in on how the flight training had gone, and why I was a human again. We entered her home and Zecora said,

"Magala, last weak I picked up a new book. If you want you can have a look."

"Yes! Jack! Carry me to the book!"

"Please?"

"Please!"

I picked up her book and sat down on one of the mats on the floor. Magala sat in my lap as we ate and voraciously read the rest of the evening as Zecora and I talked. We talked about our old homes (which Zecora agreed was much suckier than here) and our families. I learned that here, your parents tend to do stuff like goodnight hugs and kisses, nit just the occasional pat on the back. The more you know.

~See! Imagine how awesome having pony parents would be!~

>Oh please, then you'd be a wimp who went crying to mommy every time you got hurt.<

Shut up.

>Make me.<

~Say please!~

Soon, the sun had set completely, and it was time to sleep. Magala decided my chest was the perfect place to sleep and curled up on top of me. I got comfortable and started trying to sleep.

>You should leave before they can ask you for something.<

Huh?

>No way they're doing this for free. They want something from you.<

~Hold on, we can't just bail on them!~

>Why not? You're more important than they are. Which is more important, your survival, or these two.<

How would that--

~We're not leaving without saying goodbye!~

>Yes we are!<

~No we aren't!~

>YES<

~NO~

>YES<

~YES~

"SHUT UP!"

I sat there panting as the voices died down. I had woken up Zecora and Magala and now they were looking at me with concern.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's nothing."

"We are worried about you. Please, trust us too."

"I told you, I'm fine."

They shared a look before going back to their respective beds. I returned to my prior position before saying, in my mind.

Alright you two, enough is enough! If you're going to stick around there will be some rules. One, keep the comments to a minimum. If something is important you can make a remark or two, but that's it. Two, no more fighting. You're literally driving me crazy and I can't take it anymore. Okay?

~...okay.~

>Fine.<

Finally, silence. It had been too long since they had both been quiet. I could finally get some sleep.

-------------------------

"Happy trails, my friend. May joy meet you at every bend."

"Bye Jack, have fun."

I waved a hoof at the two as I started down the trail towards the town Zecora told me about. I was going to catch a train there and go... somewhere. I had my bag (well, saddlebags. My actual backpack was tucked inside it. As well as all my belongings. Mainly my wax figurines.) and a pair of sunglasses provided by Magala. Without the trees to block the sun, the light would blind my now photosensitive eyes. After a while I emerged on a hill overlooking the small hamlet.

"Look out world! There's a new pony in town, and his name is Jack!"