• Published 17th Apr 2017
  • 755 Views, 7 Comments

Raising the Moon's Spirits - frenettek314



When the CMC notice a rather gloomy Luna at a party, they try to cheer her up.

  • ...
1
 7
 755

Chapter 1: The Only Chapter

Raising the Moon's Spirits

Written by: frenettek314



It was a wonderful Saturday evening in the small town of Ponyville. Everypony who was anypony, including Cranky Donkey who wasn't even a pony was at Sugarcube Corner for one of the biggest parties of the year. Tonight was Pinkie Pie's annual "I want to throw a party, so I'm going to throw a party".....party. Pinkie Pie when asked why she created this tradition replied with a hearty " Parties and making ponies... and donkies smile is just what I do." The party was in full swing- Princesses Twilight Sparkle and Celestia were discussing theories on Starswirled the Bearded's infamous " beard spell", Rainbow Dash and Applejack were participating in a " no- holds- bar" cider drinking contest, Rarity was with several fashion designers discussing innovative ways to promote fashion all across Equestria, and Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were passing out appetizers to the enormous crowd of partygoers. Everypony looked like they were having a spectacular time.... that is except for one princess of the night, with a beautifully flowing blue mane.

Three of the young ponies attending the party, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo noticed how Princess Luna's eyes shifted to the floor with deep heavy sighs emulating from a downcasted frown, and became worried about the pony who helped each filly conquer their fears.

" Why do y'all think the Princess is moping around like that? This is Pinkie Pie's biggest party of the season and she's the only one not having fun." Apple Bloom sighed.

" Maybe she's sick." replied Sweetie Belle.

" Can goddesses even get sick?" questioned Scootaloo

" I'm not sure. But we need to figure out what's wrong with her. she helped us when we were in need, it's time to return the favor." stated the confident young earth pony.

Just then, Sweetie Belle got an idea. " Maybe she doesn't feel special. like she's left out without somepony. One of us should try to compliment her."

Going along with Sweetie's idea, Scootaloo walked over to the beautiful princess of the night and said, " Hey, Princess Luna! Has anyone ever told you you're a knockout?" with a wink to follow up.

Apple Bloom felt her jaw hanging from her mouth while Sweetie Belle put her head in her hooves, shocked at what was said from the young Pegasus.

Luna's face began to show a dark red blush from her cheeks as she awkwardly responded, " Umm... Thanks Scootaloo.... You too."

Scootaloo walked back to the trio with a confident smirk. " Did you guys hear that? I'm a knockout too"

Apple Bloom gave Scootaloo a disturbed glare as she asked, " What in the hay was that about? Sweetie said COMPLIMENT, not FLIRT!"

Scootaloo's smile immediately faded and was replaced with a look of disappointment. " Oh...."

Just then, Sweetie got another "brilliant" idea. " I remember when Rarity encountered this funny acting stallion. it turns out he was on drugs according to her. Maybe Luna's on drugs too."

"Maybe...." Apple Bloom skeptically replied.

The three fillies walked together towards Luna, who continued to sit with a glimmer of sadness in her eyes.

Luna looked up to acknowledge the fillies with a slight smile. " Hello Girls. Anything I can help you with?"

Sweetie Belle began to chime in with an ecstatic grin on her face. " Princess Luna, are you on drugs?"

The princess in question stood up with a look of shock as her eyes grew to the size of basketballs. " Drugs?!?!?! What are you talking about?!?! Who would tell you three that??"

" Rarity did." replied Scootaloo, earning looks of fear and disarray from Applebloom and Luna.

" SCOOTALOO!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!! Luna's clearly not on drugs!!!!" exclaimed a flustered Apple Bloom.

Just then, Sweetie Belle decided to ask the question which shocked everypony. " Luna, are you upset because you're pregnant?"

Apple Bloom flinched in fear, Scootaloo took three steps back for good measure and Sweetie sat there unknowingly as Luna's face became an assortment of bewilderment, confusion and even a little impatience.

" Girls?!?!, What is going on?!?!" Luna replied in a firm, yet even tone.

Apple Bloom, seeing enough of the freak show of "trying to help" decided to tell the truth. " Well, truth is, we saw y'all here by your lonesome and we were only trying to cheer you up by figuring out what was wrong. We're sorry we all went and embarrassed you."

Luna's furrowed brow lightened up upon hearing the reveal. " You mean. All this nonsense was to cheer me up?"

"Yes." the three fillies admitted in unison.

Suddenly much to the surprise of the three, Luna wrapped them all up in a hug with the biggest grin they all had seen on her. " Thank You, You did cheer me up."

The fillies were confused. " How" asked an innocent looking Scootaloo.

" Well, truth is, I was upset because I was starting to feel lonely at this party with nopony to talk to, but then you three came along and now here I am, with good friends to talk to."

" You mean that? Good friends?" asked Sweetie Belle.

" Absolutely. While it was more than a shock with you ponies trying to flirt with me, accusing me of being on drugs, and asking if I was pregnant, you did all that to cheer me up and proves to me how much you care, just like I care about you."

At that moment, the four hugged in blissful silence as the party roared on. The party with good friends to keep Luna company. You see, while somepony you know may look upset, it may only take one...or two... or three good friends to be there, and raise the moon's spirits.

Author's Note:

I loved writing this. While this is only my third story, and I'm still a major rookie, I felt more laughter and passion driving this one than my previous two works. This was definitely my funniest story and hopefully it had enough heartwarming moments to be enjoyable. Thank you for reading, be sure to share your thoughts and opinions in the comment section. :)

-frenettek314

Comments ( 7 )

A bit short, but just hilarious enough for me to fave.

8105319 Aw, you are just too kind. Thank you. ;)

8105351 You're welcome :twilightsmile:

A very sweet story; could do with some editing, but a nice, enjoyable way to pass the time. :twilightsmile:

This was really fun and cute, Scootaloo flirting gets me everytime

Just then, Sweetie Belle got an idea. " Maybe she doesn't feel special. like she's left out without somepony. One of us should try to compliment her."

Going along with Sweetie's idea, Scootaloo walked over to the beautiful princess of the night and said, " Hey, Princess Luna! Has anyone ever told you you're a knockout?" with a wink to follow up.

Apple Bloom felt her jaw hanging from her mouth while Sweetie Belle put her head in her hooves, shocked at what was said from the young Pegasus.

Luna's face began to show a dark red blush from her cheeks as she awkwardly responded, " Umm... Thanks Scootaloo.... You too."

Scootaloo walked back to the trio with a confident smirk. " Did you guys hear that? I'm a knockout too"

I needed to back up, and start reading Scootaloo's line in the voice of the Mentally Advanced Series' Scootaloo (voice internally)
derpicdn.net/img/2012/7/4/30844/tall.png

Suddenly much to the surprise of the three, Luna wrapped them all up in a hug with the biggest grin they all had seen on her. " Thank You, You did cheer me up."

The fillies were confused. " How" asked an innocent looking Scootaloo.

" Well, truth is, I was upset because I was starting to feel lonely at this party with nopony to talk to, but then you three came along and now here I am, with good friends to talk to."

" You mean that? Good friends?" asked Sweetie Belle.

" Absolutely. While it was more than a shock with you ponies trying to flirt with me, accusing me of being on drugs, and asking if I was pregnant, you did all that to cheer me up and proves to me how much you care, just like I care about you."

At that moment, the four hugged in blissful silence as the party roared on. The party with good friends to keep Luna company. You see, while somepony you know may look upset, it may only take one...or two... or three good friends to be there, and raise the moon's spirits.

Heartwarming, but funny.

Login or register to comment