• Published 19th Jan 2017
  • 462 Views, 6 Comments

The Starlight Path - RandomHumanBeging4112

  • ...
 6
 462

Back to Canterlot

Aurora looked out of the window of the train, watching the sun go down, and the moon rise. Her brother, Pine was sitting next to her, rambling on and on about how much he had learned over the past year, adjusting his glasses every five seconds.

"And that's how Equestria was made!" Pine said.

"Cool, cool." Aurora said as she tried to focus on the moon rising, and how slow it was going.

"Are you even listening?" Pine asked, annoyed that his sister wasn't interested in the great history of Equestria.

"Sorry, I just have a lot on my mind right now, and I don't really want to here about history right now." Aurora said.

"Sis, I wanted to come to Canterlot with you to make sure you weren't moping around, and the only way that I can do that is by teaching you the great history of our land."

"Well, you didn't really have to, you could've just stayed with Mom, Dad, and Sparkler. And besides, I'm gonna be up at night, so you'll probably miss me most of the time." Aurora said as she looked out the window.

"I know, but I just wanted to make sure that my sister's alright." Pine said.

"I'm fine. You can just stay in Canterlot for a day or two, to be a tourist or something."

"Sigh, okay. Just don't beat yourself up." Pine said.

"I won't, don't worry. You should probably get some sleep, it's kinda late for you."

"Okay, I'll try."


Aurora walked back into the west tower, seeking out Princess Luna. She found Luna's bedroom, and knocked on the large, navy blue door.

"Princess Luna? It's me, Aurora, I got in a fight with Sparkler and decided to just spend my summer here, training."

Luna opened the door, and looked surprised when she saw Aurora standing there.

"Aurora, you should know not to let a small fight get in the way of what you want to do." Luna scolded.

"Well, you know that with Sparkler, fights are never small. And, I didn't really want to go home." Aurora explained.

"Oh, well you should know that your parents will be very disappointed." Luna said.

"Well, if they even acknowledged that I was there, they've been fighting non-stop."

"Still?"

"Well, in Mom's last letter to me, she didn't say the nicest things about Dad, and vice versa."

"Oh, well, I did have a lesson ready for you, just in case something like this happened, follow me." Luna said as she led Aurora the main balcony of the west tower. Once they got up there, Luna started to rearrange a few of the stars into an A position.

"Why are you doing that?" Aurora asked, but Luna continued to rearrange the stars.

"Stay here, I need to get something." Luna said once she was finished.

Aurora was left there, alone and looking up at the big A that the stars formed. Then, the A began to morph. Aurora couldn't make out whatever the stars were morphing into until she could sort of make out what seemed to be wings and a horn. Then, she could see hooves forming, as well as what seemed to be a tail. Then, to her surprise, she could finally make out the figure of a stallion. But he looked like a constellation. She could see no color in his short, but shaggy mane, or his coat, and his only outline were the stars connected by silver lines. He was a truly interesting sight.

[url=somecraftyname.deviantart.com/art/Untitled-658702197]An Interesting Sight

The stallion's constellation began to shrink and come closer to Aurora, until he was eventually her size and right in front of her. The stallion then looked at Aurora with curiosity. He began to circle around her, scared to do anything else.

"W-Who are you?" Aurora asked.

The stallion didn't say anything, he just stared at her. Luna finally came back, breaking the silence.

"Oh! Aurora, I see that you have met, or seen, Astrim. But you didn't touch him, did you?" Luna asked.

"No, what would happen if I did that?" Aurora asked.

"Oh, you'll only just fall under an unspeakable curse." Luna said.

"Oof, yeah, I wouldn't want that to happen." Aurora said.

Astrim waved his hooves at Luna and pointed at his mouth.

"Oh! Yes, you can speak now, Astrim." Luna said as she sent a beam of light towards his throat.

"Why couldn't he speak in the first place?" Aurora asked.

"Here, take this book and read it sometime, it has everything you need to know about star spirits and other mythical creatures." Luna said as she handed Aurora a book.

"Hey! I think Mom had a book like this, she mentioned something about a human and a weird dragon, I kinda forgot." Aurora said.

"Oof, yeah that was an experience." Luna muttered.

"So, what is Astrim?" Aurora asked.

"Oh, right, Astrim is a star spirit, a spirit that has never been born, and sentenced to life in the stars, alone until somepony finds them and becomes their master. But alicorns are forbidden to interact with one because over two thousand years ago, their kind waged a war on alicorns, wanting to rule the land. In the end, the alicorns won, but only a small portion were left, and to protect future alicorns, they cursed the spirits so that they could never touch an alicorn, and the only sprits left were only children, and they were all nice, so they never touched a single alicorn. Eventually all of the star sprits died out except for one, and that's Astrim." Luna explained.

"But it says here in the book that star spirits are immortal, how would the other die out?" Aurora asked.

"Much will be explained later, but right now, you should start on lowering the stars, it's almost sunrise, Astrim, you should go, wouldn't want you to be trapped here forever." Luna said.

"Yes, of course." Astrim said, bowing then flying off into the stars.

Aurora and Luna lowered the stars and the moon and left the balcony to get some sleep, well, Aurora, anyway, Luna had to go to a royal meeting with King Thorax.

Aurora went to bed, the events of the day replaying through her mind as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

Author's Note:

Ah! Sorry for the late update, it's just that I have school, and I got the flu, and I'm working on other writing projects.

Comments ( 1 )

I'm liking it so far! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment