• Published 13th Jan 2017
  • 2,244 Views, 18 Comments

Starlight, Starbright - Skaltrox Defiance Knight



Starlight has been always thankful to Twilight for helping her out of her dark path she went down. But she felt like she needed to repay her so she decides to take her out to a friendly dinner, but things become different than she expected.

  • ...
3
 18
 2,244

The bright star and the light star: Epilogue

Twilight ran. She kept on running and didn't look back. "Why did I have to go and openly...KISS her like that!" Twilight shouted. The lavender princess eventually came to a halt by a fountain, spewing water into its decorated basin. She rested upon the seat just in front of the fountain and sobbed freely, her tears pooled on the ground making a reflection for her to see and cry some more into.

'I'm stupid. So so stupid' Twilight thought 'I should of left it at my confession and then let her think from there. Not just go head first into a kiss!' Twilight wondered what Starlight was thinking now, did she like it? Did she hate it? She couldn't tell what to imagine Starlight would be thinking about now. But she didn't have to be in the dark for too long.

"Twilight!" a voice shouted.

Twilight perked her ear up, that voice was familiar to her.

Starlight bolted over to the fountain and sighed in relief "Twilight there you are, I wa- are you crying?" she asked.

Twilight just looked away, crying still. "Twilight what's wrong?" Starlight said, hesitating to trot on over and comfort the weeping princess.

Twilight blubbered a response amidst her sobbing "I-I didn't mean to k-kiss you back t-there. It w-was the h-heat of the moment!" she wailed.

Starlight now decided to comfort Twilight. She embraced her with both fore hooves and attempted to sooth Twilight of her crying. "Twilight, I don't care about you kissing me back at the restaurant. I think I've realised that your feelings for me are more than platonic... and because you did state straight out that you liked me that way" Starlight explained.

Twilight stopped her crying down to a few tears here and there. "Yes, it started a little while ago, but I kept them secret. I mean you don't feel the same do you?" Twilight asked.

Starlight said nothing for a moment.

Then she spoke up.

"I...um well you see. I do actually"

Twilight broke from the hug and looked at Starlight with a surprised expression and maybe a hint of joy.

"Well not at first, but after that dinner I kind of see you in a new light" Starlight continued.

A Star...light?" Twilight joked again, she was back to her normal self.

Starlight rolled her eyes "Really Twilight, you have to go with the bad puns now?"

Twilight grinned "Well it made me feel better, that's all I can ask it to do"

Starlight shook her head with a smile and returned to hugging Twilight. Twilight returned the embrace with eagerness.

"So?" Twilight asked

Starlight responded "So, what?"

"Do you want to try...us? In a relationship I mean" Twilight questioned.

Starlight looked up at the starry night sky and beamed.

"What do you think?"

Author's Note:

And we are done here. Interesting little story I thought needed to write, hope you liked it. And if you didn't, well, what are you gonna do? Can't win them all.

Comments ( 5 )

Nice! I'ts realy neatly done :D

A nice story, a ship I never considered. I wish I could write simple little stories. But as you might see (if you looked) I tend to be rather 'wordy'. :raritywink:

9750014
No worries. Some stories are best done in a very wordy fashion, while others are best suited for a short and to the point way. Although i wouldn't say this story in particular is all that great :twilightblush:

9750691
Cool, once again, nice story.

Login or register to comment