• Published 12th Jan 2017
  • 1,500 Views, 101 Comments

POWER RANGERS STARFLEET (Starfleet Humans:) - DakariKingMykan



Several of the humans from Equestria Girls/Starfleet Humans team up to fight an evil planet broker

  • ...
145
 101
 1,500

Episode 22: Angles in the Outfield

Author's Note:

Finally... I'm finished Teen Titan Idol, and I can work more on my fics

EPISODE TWENTY-TWO

One morning, Lightning was giving his History class back the results from a small test they had on World Wars. The answers were to be written in full explained definition.

“Many of these tests were very impressive, though some of you may be a tad disappointed.”

Sunset felt very nervous and twiddled her fingers, but Rainbow seemed very confident. “That test was a breeze.”

“How can you act so calm?” asked Sunset “History isn’t easy you know.”

“It’s just a whole bunch of dates, names and places. What could be simpler?”

Lightning handed Twilight back her test, she a perfect score. “Well done, Ms. Sparkle.” He commented. Then he came to the other two. “Ms. Shimmer, not bad, not bad at all.” he said handing her a C-Plus. Sunset sighed heavily in relief.

Then it came to Rainbow, “Ms. Dash, you on the other hand could use some improvement in your answers.” and she was handed a D-Minus. Rainbow couldn’t believe her eyes. “What?” she exclaimed softly.

She even compared her answers with Sunset’s paper, and while their answers seemed the same, Sunset’s answers were more definitive in contrast to Rainbow merely using simple and fewer words for her answers.

“Hey, at least you didn’t do the worst.” Sunset said motioning over at Nikki.

“No way…!” Nikki whined, “Minus Ten Percent?! How is that, like, even possible?”

“You spelled your name wrong… “Nik-ki-ki Tent.” Lightning said, making several students chuckle. Nikki felt outraged, but as she gazed at Lightning she couldn’t help but not stay mad at him, but rather fall into a lovey dopey daze, much to his annoyance.


The bell rang, and Lightning dismissed his class, but Rainbow sat still a-puzzled and shocked that she got such a low mark.

Twilight and Sunset, even Lightning himself seemed concerned. It was just that she didn’t do well on this test. Lately her grades had begun to slip, and she had been getting low scores on many of her tests, even the P.E coaches were growing concerned with her. While she was doing outstanding in P.E, good grades were important as well.

If she couldn’t bring her grades up, she feared she would most likely be kicked off her sporting teams.

“Attention, Attention please…” Vice Principal Luna announced on the intercom “Rainbow Dash, please report to the main office immediately.”


Rainbow gulped hard and begged softly to herself, “Please don’t be what I think it is!”


(Que Intro)


During Lunchbreak period, normally Rainbow jumped straight out to the field and began to kick her soccer-ball around, but instead she just sat on the bleachers with the ball by her side.

The other rangers weren’t about to let this slide. So they all approached her. “Rainbow Dash…?” Fluttershy said sweetly “Do you want to talk about it?”

Rainbow sighed, knowing her friends wouldn’t lay off about it unless she told.

“The Principal Cadance said that if I don’t starting brining my grades back up, not only will have to be laid off all the sports teams, but… I may not be able to graduate with you guys.”

There were plenty of shocked and concerned expressions then, you would believe. “We can’t graduate without you.” cried Buddy. “It goes against everything we all are as a team.”

“You think I didn’t feel the same.” said Rainbow “Ah! I’m so mad and frightened about it, I don’t think I can even kick the ball straight anymore.”

She picked up her ball, dropped it intending to kick it really far across the field, but ended up kicking it back into her own head.

“Ooh, that’s gotta hurt.” teased Spike, but everyone gave him a stern look telling him that he wasn’t helping.

Twilight sat next to Rainbow and asked, “How much studying do you actually do?”

“What do you mean? I study; I study as much as I can.”

“How much…?”

“Well, I guess a couple of hours.”

Twilight was no convinced. “Okay, I study for a bout fifteen minutes. I look up all the answers by the internet and then just put them on my tests.”

“No offense, Rainbow, but that seems kind of lazy.” said Sunset.

“Well, it’s not like I have all the time in the world.” protested Rainbow “Between schools, soccer practice, band practice, being a ranger, training, working at the base. I’m usually all wiped out at the end of the day, and I even forget what I studied.”


The others couldn’t argue with her there. Knowing her busy schedule, it was understandable that she’d slip up. Sadly, this excuse wouldn’t get her out of the possibility of being held back. “What am I going to do?” she cried.

“You just need to organize
All your studying, work and exercise.” said Rhymey.

Rainbow scoffed, “I have so much to do I can hardly TELL the time at times.” She rubbed her head at what she just said, “Okay, that one hurt.”

Rhymey thought it over,

“Well, if we can’t find any go-betweens.
Maybe we can some other means.”


Hearing him say “Go-Betweens” gave Twilight a great idea. “Rhymey, you’re a genius!” she cried, and before anyone could ask why she ran off telling everyone to meet her on the field after school.

“What do you think she’s got in mind?” Fluttershy wondered. Not one of the others could tell, not even Spike.




Meanwhile, Keto was outside the tower and held out his staff, “Here it comes…” he called out to someone. “Song of Embernova!”

The mugic was summoned and as the song played a barrage of fireballs were launched at a calculator-like monster. “Calculating angles and velocity…” he said as he hit his own keys, and the green screen on his face glowed with equations. Now able to see the fireballs, where they were coming from and how fast they were coming, it was easy for him to dodge them and bat more of them, sending them straight back at Keto.

“Whoa!” shouted Keto as he barely dodged his own attack. “Watch it, Calculus! We’re just practicing.”

Calculus scoffed “Even with this practice, I calculate the odds of victory approximately one-hundred twenty percent!”

“Really…” hissed Vulcan as he appeared before the two, “I like those odds. That’s why I’ve entrusted you to destroy the rangers, Calculus.”

“You can count me, sir.” said Calculus “My figures are never mistaken.”

“They had better not be.” sneered Vulcan, and he turned to face Keto “Because if he blows it, you’ll be minus a guarantee that I won’t roast you alive!”

Keto felt nervous, but assured him “We’ve been training all morning. If he says victory is assured, I believe him.”

“Very well then.” hissed Vulcan.



Later that day, after school as promised, Rainbow and the other rangers met up with Twilight in the soccer field. She had already got permission from Principal Cadance to use for her experiment.

Twilight had set the field up with various sporting obstacles; cones, hurdles, net-climbing, long jumping, and various others. Each one had different papers clipped onto them with bits of study notes, questions and basic answers. Even the soccer balls were marked with answers, questions and things…

“I thought maybe we could combine your studying and your sporting practice into two.” Twilight explained “Sort of multi-tasking. This way you can practice, and study for tests and assignments.”

Rainbow didn’t seem too keen on such an idea.

“Well, it wouldn’t hurt to try is.” said Sunset “After all; you do have to keep your eye on things while you practice.”

“And sports do have loads of math and memorization of patterns and things.” added Buddy.

Rainbow thought it over “Well, I guess that is true.” So she agreed to give it a try.


She started with simple lap racing, hurdle-jumping and running round the cones placed. Unlike most lap-racing, during each lap one of her friends would hand her a question card with a math problem, or a test question, and she was required to jump over the hurdle kick over the cone that had the correct answer clipped to it.

Of course, it wasn’t very easy to think and read the answers clearly while running at the same time. She ended up jumping over hurdles and knocking down cones with the wrong answers on them, and when she tried again and aimed for the correct answers her timing and speed were messed up because she couldn’t concentrate on what she was doing. She tripped over the hurdles and the cones, and she made terrible timing finishing her laps.


So the friends decided to try something easier: simple soccer shooting.

Each soccer-ball was marked with washable ink. Some had answers to math questions on them. Each ranger would call out a question to her, and she was to kick the right ball into the goal.

Then they would place multiple balls in a row with words making complete and definitive sentences to questions on the history test she flunked. She had quickly read the answers and then kick the respective balls into the goal.

Twilight even set the balls up at different angles to help her work on her geometry.

For a while it seemed to be working, but when it came time for her to take a much needed break. She was re-tested on her questions.

“Come on, you did this before…” said Fluttershy.

Rainbow thought hard looking like her head would explode, but in the end, “Ugh! This isn’t working. I’m too pooped out to think.”

The others all sighed in dismay, but they still didn’t want to give up on their friend. So they all decided to take her out to dinner, no doubt they quizzed her along the way.

“Come on, guys, this is actually starting to annoy me.” Rainbow said.

“It’s really for your own good.
You need to go along with this, you should.” said Rhymey.

Rainbow sighed, “Okay, ask me another question.”


“How about what are five rangers minus five rangers.” called a sinister voice. The rangers saw him, Calculus, and a swarm of Lingos by his side. “It’s nothing, and according to my calculations, that’s what you’ll be soon enough!”


Twilight noted the shape of the monster, a calculator; “Okay, normally I’m all for calculators, but this is crazy!” she muttered.

“Get someplace safe!” Sunset said to her. Heeding, Twilight scooped Spike up and slipped off into an alley.

The rangers all stood together and Sunset declared, “It’s Morphin Time!”

“Morphing Sequence, Ready!”


“STARFLEET MAGIC… POWER ON!!”


They all morphed and stood ready to brawl.

“Ha!” scoffed Calculus and he called to the Lingos “Let’s divide and conquer these pest!”

The Lingos charged, and the rangers rushed forth as well.

Even though Rainbow was still tired from her sporting studies, she still had plenty of energy to fight back. “Game time!” she hollered as she punched and kicked down the Lingo’s skillfully.

“Score one!

You’re out of there!

…Home-run!”

“Good rhymes, Rainbow.
Way to go.” Rhymey called to her.

Rainbow gave him a high thumb.


Calculus could see the Lingos weren’t fairing so well, as usual, “Try this!” he shouted, and his screen glowed brightly, unleashing several equations, which were actually laser beams, hitting the rangers hard and knocking them over.

“Cheap shot!” groaned Buddy.

“Let’s get him!” shouted Sunset.

Calculus snickered, “Calculating angles and speeds.” with his calculations, he was able to dodge the rangers coming at him and hit them with huge punches….

…Much to Twilight and Spike’s chagrin as they watched.



“Sorry, rangers,” mocked Calculus “I’ve done the math and it calculates victory is one-hundred percent! You may as well make it easy and surrender!”

“Never!” shouted Sunset “There’s five of us and only one of you. The odds are still in my favor!”

“Oh, you like addition? Well how about some multiplication…?” he tapped his big multiplication key and his screen fired several beams of light which produced several copies of himself evening the odds five-to-five. The only differences were they could not speak, and their screens were red in color.

“Looks like your math is a little off…” the real Calculus sneered, and he ordered his clones, “Attack!”

“Weapons ready!” shouted Sunset. All the rangers grabbed their weapons and each charged a monster, but much to their surprise, the clones were just as able to calculate the angles, strengths and other details of the rangers’ attacks as well.

Rainbow fired her cannon, but the clone simple fired back with its laser beams, and then shot her.

Buddy tried his whip, but the clone caught it and yanked him in close then kicked him back out again.

Sunset fired her stars from her scepter, and Rhymey swung his sword hard, but the creatures calculated every angle and managed to dodge and avoid the barrage and swings and knocked the rangers back with laser shots.

Even Fluttershy’s shield didn’t help defend her. She hid behind it as the real Calculus punched her hard and actually sent her sailing backwards.

“Fluttershy…!” Sunset cried as she and the others helped her up.

“I’m alright.” said Fluttershy, but Calculus laughed, “Say, who here can tell me how many monsters it takes to destroy this city?” and with that, he his multiplier again producing more and more clones of himself flooding the entire area with a small army.

“Ah, man! As if a few of these guys weren’t bad enough!” groaned Buddy “What do we do now?”

“We can’t fight them all, not while they have the advantage.” said Sunset.

“Guys…!” Twilight called motioning for them to follow her into the alley for an obvious retreat. Seeing it the best option for now, the rangers dashed over to the alley. The monsters didn’t even bother to follow them.

“Run all you like, rangers. It doesn’t matter.” hissed Calculus “With me and my clones, we’ll crush this city as easy as One-plus-One!”

He laughed wickedly.


The rangers had safely made it to their base, and they took off their helmets.

Celesto reviewed all the images recorded of the fight. “Needless to say, the way they can calculate and predict your every move gives them a serious advantage.” he said

“Serious is right.” said Buddy “They came at us like we were moving in slow motion. We couldn’t even get close.”


Rhymey sighed,

“If only we could have the chance
to find their weakness and then advance.”


“I think I’ve already got one.” Twilight said. “Even since I monitored the fight, I’ve been wondering and then it hit me; a calculator is still just a computer-like machine.”

She froze the images and zoomed in on Calculus’ face at his green screen.

“Well that’s fine and dandy, but how are we even going to get at it?” asked Sunset “He knows our every move; every angle, speed, distance…”


Suddenly, Rainbow had an idea “Unless… he doesn’t see it coming himself. Like a sudden change in strategy.”

The others caught onto her idea, and Rainbow explained her plan to them all.


“It just may work.” said Celesto “But you’ll need backup. Lightning was in a staff meeting, but I’m sure he can join you now. I’ll contact him at once.”

“In the meantime, we better get back out there before those clones destroy the city.” said Sunset.

She and the rangers quickly grabbed their helmets and left through the jump-tubes.

“Sure hope they know what they’re doing.” Spike murmured to himself.

“Of course they do.” snapped Krysta “When have they ever not?”

Spike preferred not to get into an argument.



The rangers rushed through the city, and met up with Lightning along the way. “I got the message. What’s happening?” he asked, but he could suddenly see for himself, the many Calculus clones all over the place, terrorizing the people and breaking everything in sight.

“We have to find the original and attack him.” said Sunset.

“There he is!” cried Buddy.

Up ahead was the real Calculus, as was identified by his green screen. “So, you’ve come back, have you?” he sneered.

“We sure have!” said Sunset “And we’re going to take you and your clones down!”

Calculus laughed “You must have some miscalculation going on in your brain. I have any army at my side… hello!”

Rather than wasting time arguing, the rangers rushed right into battle, and the clones charged at them.

Each ranger attacked two to three clones at once, which would prove to be very foolish to most. The clones were still able to calculate and determine their every move and were able to dodge every attack and strike the rangers back hard.

“This isn’t working!” cried Fluttershy.

“Stay strong!” shouted Sunset “Rainbow needs a chance to get an opening.”



Rainbow fought against two clones, very near to the original whom watched with glee, enjoying watching the rangers getting beat up. “Just think of all the profits I can get from this job.” he chuckled to himself.


Rainbow got shoved over again by the clones, knocking her several feet away from the original. “Well, I think this is a good enough angle now.

…Sonic Cannon!”

She fired her shots, and the clones avoided and repelled each and everyone one of them.

The Real Calculus saw this as a good chance for him to shoo her himself. “Time to calculate the final sum.” he joked as he prepared to fire, “Calculating angle and power level.”

Once he had a lock, his screen glowed and ready to fire.


“Now’s my chance…!” Rainbow said to herself, and she imagined the whole place like a big soccer game and the ball coming straight at her from behind at a steep angle.

Using her mad soccer skilled she leapt up high, back flipping over, and while upside down she fired her shot straight at the original’s screen before he could calculate what she was doing.

KAPOW!! The blast hit him hard and shattered his screen. “A’RGH! My screen! My beautiful screen! Look what you’ve done!” he cried and whined. He tried all his keys but nothing worked, and because he malfunctioning, all his clones vanished in shatters of number-shaped pixels.

“All right, Rainbow!” called Lightning.

“Way to go!” rhymed Rhymey


“Awesome, looks like the odds are on our side now.” said Sunset.

“I like those odds.” peeped Fluttershy.


The six rangers stood together. “Bring it together…” Sunset called.

“Weapons, Combine!”

“Star Slammer… Ready!”


“You think that toy of yours can beat me. I’m still twice as strong.”

“Fine!” snapped Lightning “Then let’s make it ten times; charging gauntlets.”

“Comet Gauntlets… Engage!”

“Uh, oh!” cried Calculus ah aw the rangers ready to stike.

“STAR SLAMMER… ULTRA-STRIKE!”

“Comet Trail… Fire!”


The Star Slammer was flung, and Lightning’s comet power hit it, charging it up even more, and the weapon struck the monster hard slamming him to the ground in a big explosion.


The rangers rejoiced…


…but the rejoice was about to be short lived, as Vulcan’s minions viewed everything on the monitors.

“Looks like our plan just hit a big zero.” Marla teased “We’ll see about that!” sneered Keto, and he marched straight up to the window, “FORTISSIMO!”


His mugic reached the island, and grew Calculus to giant size, and repaired his screen too. “Looks like I’ve been added up a few hundred times!” he called to the rangers below.

The rangers winced, and Sunset pressed on her morpher badge, “…Ultra-Star Megazord!”


“Zords Combine!”


“Ultra-Star Megazord… Ready!”


Calculous laughed, “I’ll divide you all up evenly, and then subtract you from existence!”

The megazord only lunged forth ready to fight, but the monster calculated the angle and dodged skillfully. “Missed me!” he taunted.

The Megazord struck again only to miss, and again, and again. “You should’ve studied your numbers more…” the monster teased, and fired his lasers at the megazord hard.

The Megazord’s armor was strong and it hardly got knocked back a few steps.

“This isn’t working! He’s still able to calculate us.” cried Buddy.

“We have to shatter his screen again!” said Sunset.

Rainbow looked out the viewport, and she caught a glimpse of what looked like someone giving her a giant thumb up. “…and I think I know how.” She suddenly said and rammed on the controls.

“What are you doing?” asked Fluttershy.

“Trust me!”



The megazord put up its fists.

“Still trying, huh? They never learn.” hissed Calculus. The megazord charged straight at him, and he already calculated the angle and velocity of which to counter… when suddenly… he got hit from behind by powerful beams. “Hey!” he thundered, and turned to see Giant Lightning. “Bet you didn’t see that coming.” he called.

The monster turned back just in time as the megazord gave him a huge sock to the face shattering his screen in a big explosion. The monster fell over and got up whining, “Oh, no… not again!”


“Looks like your numbers are way wrong now.” Rainbow gloated.


“Great going, guys.” said Sunset “Now let’s finish him! Charge up Star blast!”

“Energy Charge, Ready!”

“Star Blast-Wave… Fire!!”


POW! The strong energy wave fired, striking the monster hard. “I DIDN’T CALCULATE THIS!!” Calculus shouted, and he exploded and was imprisoned.

The rangers all rejoiced, and Sunset allowed Rainbow to call this one.

“Monster Captured! Mission Complete!”




Back at the tower, Keto was cornered by a very furious Vulcan. “He said that chances of victory were a-hundred percent!” Vulcan shouted “You were wrong, Keto!”

“Um… actually…” Keto whimpered “He only said “Victory” was calculated. He never actually said “whose” victory.”

Vulcan only roared and unleashed a wave of fire on him until Keto was all black, and he coughed out a little smoke ring.

Marla and Bronc could only gaze at him pitifully, while Keto felt more embarrassed than hurt. “I should’ve rechecked my figures.” he groaned.


The next day, the rangers came to school, meeting up with Twilight and Spike and saw Rainbow in the field trying the obstacle study course again, and she was doing much better than ever.

She didn’t trip, miss her marks, didn’t lose her timing, and she actually managed to nail every correct answer to each question.

“What’s happened to our friend?
Where did it start, where will it end?” asked Rhymey.

“She’s been going at it since daylight.” said Spike.

The rangers were shocked to hear that; Rainbow being up that early. “I couldn’t believe it myself, but she said she was so eager to try it again. She said she had a new strategy to balance her work and studies.”


The gang just watched and wondered what inspired Rainbow.


Rainbow was inspired by the las battle, and pretended that her every shot and correct answer was hitting the bad guys and helping to save her friends and the city; a great way to help her feel there was no room for many mistakes.

Rainbow kicked a soccer ball, and when the ball passed by, she was suddenly playing her guitar as she sang to a rock song she made up.

…eventually the others joined in as choir singers.

It all started in school, yah!
My poor grades were slippin’’ down hill
While it’d smart to study,
I had much to do be done still
Well, I tried to multi-task
Combinin’ my work and play
But it just wasn’t workin’
And things just went astray

Then a new thought came in mind,
I left woes al right behind
Here is what I had to find.

…I found another way!
(Say… hey… she found a better…)
…I found another way!
(Say… hey… she found a better…)
…I found another way!
(Say… hey… she found a better…)
Yeah, I found another way!

A guitar solo happened, and then played a montage of scenes, where Rainbow was able to continue on this course; studying her notes while engaging in her activities, while imagining it was a battle and the outcome depended on her correct answers and swiftness.

She was even doing it during the song as there were notes stuck onto her guitar.

When I find the right angle,
I kick the ball into the net
Think’ that the monster
Had that shot coming to it yet
When I learned about history,
I strum a note for each person and date
To complete a big sentence,
I sing I cool solo that’s great!

As the montages continued, she was seen passing her tests and assignments and boosting her grades up, so that she was no longer in danger.

Her friends were so happy that they hoisted her up, and she continued singing…

Now I’m studying just
No matter how it’ll go
The best thing that I’ve come to know


…I found another way!
(Say… hey… she found a better…)
…I found another way!
(Say… hey… she found a better…)
…I found another way!
(Say… hey… she found a better…)
Yeah, I found another way!

The song faded out, to in Lightning’s history class, and he passed her latest assignment with good marks. “Well done, Rainbow.” Lightning said to her, “Not a perfect score, but well done.”

“Ah, yeah…!” Rainbow cheered for joy like she was at a ball game, but then realized everyone looking at her, and Lightning giving her the sign to “Tone it down a little”

Her cheeks went red, “Sorry.”


Nikki and her friends scoffed and turned the other way, but the Lightning gave back their tests, and they were still very poor. “Ladies, if this keeps up, perhaps I’ll have to assign you tutors.” Lightning said and he hinted over at Rainbow and her friends… as a joke.

Naturally, neither side seemed to like the idea, and Lightning couldn’t help but chuckle.