• Published 12th Jan 2017
  • 1,500 Views, 101 Comments

POWER RANGERS STARFLEET (Starfleet Humans:) - DakariKingMykan



Several of the humans from Equestria Girls/Starfleet Humans team up to fight an evil planet broker

  • ...
145
 101
 1,500

Episode 11: Pandoria's Box

EPISODE ELEVEN

One night in town, a jewelry store had been broken into by five thugs dressed in black. The alarms had already sounded and the police were just arriving on the scene, but too late, as the thugs had already fled, making off with bags of stolen jewelry worth a small fortune.


The thugs had retreated to a rooftop where the police wouldn’t find them, and just as they were about to count up all their stolen goods, they heard someone drop down on the rooftop.

“Who’s there?” one of the thugs called. He and his teammates turned, and saw a lone figure staring them down through the darkness; a young man with brown spikey hair, wearing a white T-shirt and a black jacket with matching black pants.

“You punks have a lot of nerve breaking into that store like that.” he sneered at them.

“And you got a lot of nerve following us up here…” growled the leader, and he and his team got out their guns and began to shoot at him, but the dude back-flipped several times out of the way, leaping over a large air conditioning unit.

“Let’s get him!” shouted the leader, and he and his team ran round each side of the unit hoping to surprise the stranger, only to leap round the bends and find he wasn’t there.

“Where are you, you little creep!” shouted the leader. That was when the stranger leapt down from the top of unit where had been really hiding where the others didn’t seen him go to, and he kicked all their guns right out of their hands.

The outraged thieves decided to settle this the old fashioned way and ganged up on the stranger for a brawl, but the stranger proved to be very cunning and swift.

One thief lunged at him, and he swerved and flipped the thief on his back.

Two more tried to charge him from either side, but the stranger back flipped out of the way causing the thieves to bump head-first into one another, knocking them out cold.

One of the other thieves tried to run off with the stolen loot, but the stranger did a huge high-jump kick, pinning the thief down.

Only the leader was left, but he no longer had the courage feeling this guy was too tough. “Do you give up yet?” the stranger asked. Feeling defeated, the thief raised his hands up high begging not to be hurt.

Suddenly, the police burst in onto the roof, having heard the gunshots, and apprehended all the thieves.

As for the stranger, he had crept away, not wanting to be confused for one of the thieves, skillfully leaping along the building rooftops to the end of the block.


This young man was Lightning Dawn, War and History teacher from Crystal Prep Academy, Adventurer and Explorer-- he was the actual human being of Commander Lightning Dawn, not the pony himself.


He safely made it to the streets below where his motorbike was parked, and he heard someone call out to him. “Psst… Lightning… up here.”

He looked up, and saw a red-breasted robin sitting on the lamppost… his lifelong friend and faithful sidekick and companion, Krysta!

She fluttered down and landed on the handlebars of the bike. “You’re bad, you know that?” she teased him.

Lightning chuckled, “What’s so bad about having a bird that got doused in magic sparkles that lets her speak? Oh, I get it, the fact that she is the perfect spy that no one could ever suspect and reports when trouble is near.

Heh! It’s great to be home again.”

He meant that well. He and Krysta had only just recently returned from another of their little ventures off the island, but that was beside the point.

Then he put on his helmet and goggles, and revved up his bike. He took off down the streets with Krysta following him, as Lightning’s hero song played… followed by flashes of all he had been up to while he was away…

-Thwarting robberies.
-Helping the oppressed.
-Busting smuggling operations… and all that stuff.




(Que Intro)


Keto was looking through an old weapons closet within the tower, where most of the weapons had been confiscated from the prisoners. Lots of it was basically just spears, swords, guns…

“Look at this junk.” Keto grumbled to himself “No one could beat the rangers with this stuff.”


Suddenly, he came upon a small black box with a white skull on it, “Hey, this looks familiar.”

He took hold of the small box and opened up the lid. All at once bright lights and chaos flashed all about. Keto quickly slammed the box shut! He looked all ruffled and beaten up from the chaos “Now I remember what this is…!” he groaned.


“That is my box…” hissed a voice. Keto turned and saw a rather attractive but wicked humanoid creature, dressed like a Roman Goddess, but all in black, and she wore a wreath of white skulls in her hair instead of flowers.

Bronc, Marla, and even Vulcan heard the noise and rushed into the chamber. “What’s going on here?” Vulcan demanded to know, “Who are you?”

The stranger gazed sinisterly at him, “I am Pandoria… keeper of chaos. I had been sealed inside that box for centuries when I was conquered by Starfleet, but have since learned new tricks. Give me a chance… I may be able to help.”


Marla took the whole thing as a joke and laughed hysterically “You think you can crush the rangers? That’s rich! That’s dandy.”


“…That’s brilliant.” said Vulcan.

The minions all gazed at him, “Master…? You approve of this?” asked Bronc.

Vulcan nodded, “I, too, have heard tales of the wicked witch, Pandoria and her mystic box. It has the power to trap those around her into an alternate dimension of living chaos and nightmares beyond imagination, and eventually those who are trapped inside for too long will cease to exist!”

Pandoria nodded, and demonstrated by opening her box and sucking in several Lingos, entrapping them inside the chaos realm within before snapping the box shut.

Marla’s hair got blown about in the winds and she groaned and whined, while the others were all very impressed. Vulcan snickered wickedly. “The rangers will never escape this one.”



The rangers were all busy that day with their own activities.

Rainbow Dash had soccer practice. Buddy Rose was working in the school garden, Rhymey was volunteering at the library and reading stories to children… all in rhyme of course.


Sunset was at the base, helping to go over inventory and study up on the monsters they had all faced up to now, to be better prepared for other situations in the near future.

“I wonder how many more of these baddies Vulcan will send after us?” she wondered aloud.


“Well, however many there are, we’ve got to be ready for them.” said Celesto “Just the same, I’m glad you’re here, what with Twilight taking Spike to the vet today.”

Sunset giggled, “I wonder how it’s going for them?” but she could picture it all now…


…Just as she thought, Spike was putting up a fuss, as Twilight dragged him along on his leash to the vet’s office. “Come on, Spike…!” growled Twilight as she pulled with all her might.

“No way…!” Spike protested “You know I hate going to the vet!”

“Will you stop talking! People could hear you!” sneered Twilight, and she finally managed to scoop him up in her arms, “Besides, Fluttershy’s going to be giving you your checkup this time. It’s part of her work-study.”

Once Spike heard that, he calmed down a bit. He trusted Fluttershy more than he did most people.

Twilight felt so relieved that he finally calmed down…


But deep within the city, things were not about to be calm.


Many people were going about, minding their own business, when Pandoria stood on a shop rooftop, snickering as she gazed down at all the people. “And the story goes that her curiosity ate away at her soul… and she opened the box!”

With that, she opened her little box, and sucked all the people in in a bright vortex, until the street was empty. She then snapped the box shut, and laughed softly, “If this doesn’t get the rangers’ attention, nothing will!”


At the animal shelter and vet-clinic, Fluttershy was finishing up Spike’s checkup while being supervised by the actual vet, whom strongly resembled the vet from the pony world.


“Oh, my…” said Fluttershy “Your heartbeat sure is fast… just as I thought…”

Spike looked a little worried, but Fluttershy softly touched his nose with her finger, “…It’s because you’re a dog.”

Spike let out a happy little bark and licked her finger in thanks. “Aw, who’s a healthy little guy? That’s right… you are. You are…”

She hugged the dog warmly and he licked her cheek casually, but Spike was very careful not to speak, especially in front of the real vet.

“That was excellent, Fluttershy. We’ll make a vet of you yet.” she said to her assistant. “If I didn’t know better, I’d say you two could actually communicate with one another.”

Spike and the girls felt awkward she said that, not knowing how right she was.


Still, that was Fluttershy’s last job for her work period that day, and she was dismissed by her supervisor.

“Thanks again, Fluttershy.” Twilight said as they stepped out of the exam room “You don’t know how much trouble Spike was giving me.”

Spike growled softly, and wanted to protest, but there were too many people in the waiting room. In the next area, was a small pet store with merchandise for animals-- toys, beds, foods, everything.

There, standing in line was a familiar person all three of them recognized.

“Lightning…?” said Twilight.

He turned and saw his former student and Fluttershy with Spike, “Long time no see.”

He was just there getting some birdseed for Krysta, her favorite brand.

All four of them walked out together. “So, where is Krysta anyway?” Spike whispered, not wanting other people to hear him. “Oh, she’s out doing her patrol.” replied Lightning “Hardly anything gets past us that easily, but ever since I got back I’ve hearing stories that this island has been under attack by monsters.”

Fluttershy and Twilight felt maybe about telling him the truth about the Power Rangers and stuff, but then he turned and smiled at Fluttershy, “I’m sure you and the other rangers do us well.”


“You know?” she asked.

“Of course… I have eyes haven’t I, and I read the papers. Also, after what I experienced before… ” he referred to everything from Starfleet events, including meeting the other Lightning Dawn from the other world “…Very few things surprise me now.”


The truth was, he still found it so fascinating… all this Starfleet, magic, villains and stuff, and meeting the other Lightning Dawn.

Twilight felt the same way when she first discovered it, and was astonished to hear of the pony princess that resembled her in the other dimension… but that she was dead, and thus, they could never meet.


“We’re about to get some lunch, if you want to come with us.” said Fluttershy.

“Uh… no… no thanks, I’m pretty busy, but thanks for the offer. I better go.”


Then he just walked off much to the girls and Spike’s confusion. “Well that was sure weird of him.” said Spike.

“Spike, keep it down! People may hear you.” said Twilight.

“Um… what people?” asked Fluttershy, and she motioned around… there weren’t any people around… not one, but just twenty minutes ago when Twilight was taking Spike to the vet, the whole street was bustling about.

Suddenly, they heard something like a can being kicked, which made them all jump and turn round, but it was only Rhymey.

“Whoa, easy, see.
It’s only me.”

The trio were relieved, and Rhymey explained…

“I finished my job early, but then I thought I heard someone call.
But when I dashed outside, no one was there; no one at all.”

Then he noticed the streets were all practically empty here as well. He and the others got that weird feeling something strange was going on.


Their morphers suddenly beeped, as Celesto called them from the base. Fluttershy answered the call, “What’s going on?” she asked.


“People are disappearing all over the city.” Celesto answered “We’ve just detected signs of alien activity heading for Canterlot High. I’ve already notified Buddy and Rainbow, and Sunset is on her way there.”


Realizing the potential danger at hand, Rhymey and Fluttershy decided to head off, while Twilight and Spike would head back to the base.

They all found a jump-tube hidden in a wall around the corner from where they were and jumped in. Twilight and Spike headed down a different path that would take them to the base, while Rhymey and Fluttershy kept going their way, and ended up at the front of the school.

They found the others there waiting for them in the school yard.

“So where’s the trouble…?” asked Rainbow.


“I’ll tell you where it is…” shouted a voice. The rangers looked up and saw a sinister looking creature standing on the roof of the school. Sunset’s eyes nearly popped out of her head “It can’t be…!” she muttered.

The others turned to face her, “You know that creep up there?” asked Rainbow.


Pandoria snickered, “There is not a creature from my world who hasn’t heard of The Great Pandoria.”

“I read about her during my times in Equestria of old…” said Sunset “But I always thought she was just a myth.”


“Well, myth or not… let’s all get real serious.” suggested Buddy. The other three rangers agreed, but Sunset tried to warn them, “Wait… guys! I need to tell you!”

“Why tell when you can show…” shouted Pandoria, and she opened her box.

“Look out!” Sunset shouted as she tackled everyone out of the way just in time as the chaotic vortex want right past them all!

The lights, the screams, the horrors, all the rangers went numb with fear. Pandoria found it amusing “A mere small sample of what’s in store for all of you!”

“That’s what I was afraid of…” said Sunset and she cautioned the others “Whatever happens, don’t get his by that vortex, or you’ll get sucked into that box!”


“Geez… thanks for the heads up.” said Rainbow.


The rangers all stood up. “It’s Morphin’ time!” shouted Sunset.

“STARFLEET MAGIC… POWER ON!!”


They all stood together and did their role call…

Sunset: “Evil’s Dread! Starfleet Red!”

Buddy Rose: “Let’s make the scene. Starfleet Green!”

Rainbow: “We’ll see things through. Starfleet Blue!”

Rhymey: “Though peace and Woe! Starfleet Yellow!”

Fluttershy: “Quick as a Wink! Starfleet Pink!”



“…POWER RANGERS… STARFLEET!!”


Pandoria hissed at the rangers, “That’s interesting, but I’m far from impressed, but you’ll this impressive!” she opened up the box and unleashed a wave of dark magic, striking the rangers hard and making sparks and explosions fly.

“Now for take two!” laughed Pandoria, and she opened the box again, unleashing three dark ghastly spectres to attack the rangers.

Fluttershy couldn’t help but scream like a girl in a horror movie at the sight of such creatures.

“Let’s takes these creeps!” snapped Buddy.

“Get ‘em!” shouted Sunset.


Unfortunately for the rangers, their punches, kicks… all passed right through the spectres like fresh air, yet the spectres were able to make contact, striking them all hard and knocking them over.


“It’s no use, rangers…” Pandoria called to them “They can touch you, but you can’t touch them!”

The three spectres laughed wickedly as they flew in rings round the rangers and gave them all a huge shove, knocking Sunset one way, and the others altogether another.


Pandoria then called back the spectres, “Now, let’s try this again…” and she reopened the box.

“Guys, look out!” cried Sunset, but her friends were already ensnared by the vortex and sucked into the box! “…No!!”

Pandoria snapped the box shut, “Four down and one to go. You may as well give it up, Red Ranger. It’s easier that way just to accept and get it over with.”



The rangers found themselves in a swirling realm of light and colors, enough to make someone sick from looking at it too long.

“Where are we? I don’t like it here!” whimpered Fluttershy.

“It’ll be alright,
Just hang on tight.” said Rhymey.


Buddy tried to contact Sunset or the base, “No good. Communication’s blocked out.


Rainbow looked on ahead, “Hey, it’s all the missing people we were told of.”

So many people from the city were all whimpering and fretting as they spun round in the frightful realm.

“We’ve got to get them out of here, but how.” wondered Buddy.


Fluttershy looked up, and saw a single black rectangular shaped spot up high, figuring it was the lid of the box. “We’ve got to try and open it!”

Rainbow got out her Sonic Cannon, “Step back… Fire in the hole!” and she fired a big shot at the lid, but it didn’t even scratch the surface.

“It’s no good, Rainbow.” said Buddy “I don’t think we can get out of here unless we’re let out!”


This was not good, not for them or anyone trapped inside!



“Let my friends go… and the town’s people!” demanded Sunset. Pandoria scoffed at her, “You’re hardly in a position to be making demands, but the perfect spot for me to take you!”

She opened the box to take her in again, but Sunset leapt up high, back-flipping into a tree.

“Running away won’t save you!” shouted Pandoria, and she leapt down to the tree and opened her box to suck in everything she could, but all she got was a squirrel and bird’s nest, but no ranger.

“I’ll find you somewhere!” Pandoria called out “No one escapes the wrath of Pandoria’s box!”



Little didn’t she realize that she was being watched from above by a robin, none other than Krysta, “I’ve got to tell Lightning about this!” and off she flew.



Sunset had retreated to the base to talk it over with the others and make up a plan. She sat at the table with her helmet off, and she was really beating herself up. “She caught all my friends, and all I could do was run away!”

Celesto placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, “You did what you had to. You wouldn’t have been able to help the others if you got absorbed too.”

Sunset didn’t feel any better thought, what was really bothering her was the world inside the box. “I remember when I read about that myth… the dimension only exists for a short while. When it vanishes, everyone who’s trapped inside it will be gone forever!”

Everyone rolled their eyes between one another in deep concern.

“We’ve got to get them out of there!” cried Spike, but Sunset shook her head, “I don’t know how. I only know as much as I’ve just told you. That’s all there was in Equestrian myths and tales. Only Starfleet would know the answers to this.”

Then it dawned on her instantly. “Twilight, give me the message book.”

“Right… here.” Twilight replied giving her the book and a pen, and Sunset quickly wrote a message to Lightning Dawn of Starfleet, hoping he would quickly be able to give her the information needed.


“Come on, come on! Please answer!” cried Sunset. She really wanted that info before it was too late.


Meanwhile, Pandoria stood on a high building roof stroking her box. “If the Red Ranger won’t come willingly, I’ll have to force her out into the open, and create a little chaos while I’m at it.”

She snickered wickedly as she opened her box and unleashed several spectres out amongst the town, scaring the townspeople and causing damage and destruction to properties.

Pandoria even saw the chance to absorb more people into the box.


Inside the chaos realm, more and more people were coming in by the truckload.

The rangers tried desperately to escape through the lid while the box was open, but the suction only made everything come in like being caught in a wind-tunnel!

Their every attempt only ended them up falling back in again.

“It’s no good, we can’t bust out that way either.” said Buddy.


Rhymey rubbed the visor of his helmet with his hands, and then he gasped…

“My hands, they’re fading…”

He then noticed everyone’s hands were fading, as well as their bodies…

“…Our whole bodies are degrading!”


“He’s right!” cried Rainbow “I guess the longer we stay in here, the more we fade.”

“We’re going to disappear…!” cried Fluttershy “…Forever!”


All the other people were starting to fade too. The only hope they and the rangers had now was Sunset.



Fortunately for Sunset and the others, Commander Lightning received the message and wrote back with what information he could supply.


“You’re sure about this?” asked Twilight.

“That’s what it says…” replied Sunset, and she requote the message “Starfleet discovered that Pandoria’s box only responds to whoever is holding it, and it was how they were able to release all the current captives, and imprison Pandoria. We don’t know why didn’t vanish.

All I can suggest is that you get the box, and once you release all the captives, destroy it before it causes anymore damage.”

Sunset snapped the book shut and passed it back to Twilight. “It’s the only choice I have to get the others free, but it’s not going to be easy.”



The alarm sounded…

Celesto typed at the computer and viewed images of all the chaos and terrors happening in the city, and in the center of it all was Pandoria.

Sunset knew she had to go out there.

“Be very careful. Don’t let that monster absorb you.” said Celesto.

Sunset nodded, and grabbed her helmet, “It’s time to shine!”


She was on the scene in almost no time and emerged in an empty area. All the people were gone.

“You wanted me, Pandoria. Well here I am!”

Pandoria laughed, and sunset turned to see her standing up the road. “So glad to see you’ve come to your senses, ranger. Soon, the dimension in my box will vanish, and your friends and the townspeople with it.

If you hurry, you can spend a few last moments with them before you cease to exist!”

Sunset only whipped out her Star Scepter, “I can take you on, and I will get my friends back.”

Pandoria sighed, “I tried to make it easy for you. Get her Lingos!”

A huge swarm of Lingos rose up and surrounded Sunset, charging her all at once.

Sunset put up the best effort that she could, knocking a few Lingos down and blasting others with her scepter, but she was still badly out number by the huge swarm.

“Yes, that’s it…” hissed Pandoria, and she stepped in closer to absorb Sunset, not caring if she got the Lingos too, since they were expendable things.


Just as she was about to open the box, Lightning Dawn the human, leapt in… right over Pandoria, surprising her, and gave Lightning the opening to kick the box hard out of her hands, and it bounced on the road.

“Lightning!” cried Sunset, and she kicked a couple of more Lingos out of the way.

Lightning glared angrily at Pandoria and said “I’ll be taking that!” and he rushed ahead to snatch the box, “Stop him!” shouted Pandoria!

Some of the Lingos ambushed Lightning to stall him.

“Look out!” Sunset cried.

Lightning then demonstrated his own fighting abilities, showing he was just as skilled as Sunset was. “You don’t travel round the world… and fight off thugs like I have… without learning a thing or two.” he stated as he punched, kicked and flipped the villains down.

Sunset was now able to get her edge without so many Lingos fighting her at once. She finally managed to break free and went for the box.

“Oh, no you don’t!” shouted Pandoria as she tackled her down.


“Hey!” cried Lightning.

“Just get the box!” Sunset called to him.

Lightning nodded and rushed for it. He managed to grab it, “I got it!” but he then got tackled by two Lingos causing him to lose it.

Another Lingo tried to grab it, but Sunset came in and kicked the creep out of the way and took the box back, “It’s mine!”

“Think again!” snarled Pandoria as she approached Sunset and brawled with her, punching and waving her robes causing Sunset to drop the box and Pandoria ultimately caught it.

“And now…!” she shouted, but before she could finish, Krysta came swooping in and snatched the box handle in her talons.

“Hey!” shouted Pandoria.

“Krysta!” shouted Lightning.

“Catch!” Krysta called as she dropped the box to Lightning, and he caught it.

Sunset came to his side and took the box. “Way to go guys! Now, let’s get everyone out of there…!”

“No… wait!!” cried Pandoria, but Sunset had already opened the box wide, unleashed a super powerful reserve-vortex, releasing all the people back into the city… and the rangers landed right in the street near Sunset and Lightning.


“Hey, we’re free!” cried Buddy.

Rainbow wiped the top of her helmet, “Whew… not a moment too soon.”

Fluttershy and Rhymey looked at their hands and bodies and saw they were perfectly solid, and they never felt so relieved.


Sunset then threw the box way up high, and blasted it to bits with her scepter. “That takes care of that.”

Pandoria was completely outrage, “I’ll make you pay for that, you rotten ranger! I’ll make you all pay.”



At the tower, Keto saw she would need a little boost. “FORTISSIMO!!” and he launched his mugic…


…Causing Pandoria to grow large! “Now this is thinking outside of the box.” she remarked.


The rangers all grunted, and Sunset told Lightning and Krysta, “You guys get somewhere safe. We’ll handle this.”


Lightning and Krysta were so shocked by how the monster just grew so large, they almost didn’t hear her, but they complied and ran off, and then Sunset tapped her morpher badge “Jet-Star Megazord!”


The jets were already launched, combined and the Megazord stood ready as the rangers beamed into the cockpit.

“Ready guys…?”

“Let’s do it!” the other all said.


Pandoria scoffed, “Even without my box, I am still the mistress of chaos!”

She raised her arms up high unleashing a wave of darkness that covered the skies making it dark as night, with eerie lightning and thunder, and spook-like sounds.



“Oh, no…! Not more of this!” cried Fluttershy.


Pandoria snickered and then thrust her arms forth, guiding the lightning and horrors and strike the megazord so suddenly, and rocking the rangers about in the cockpit.

“We’re going over!” cried Buddy, as the megazord tipped off balance and crashed on the ground.


“Oh, so scared you curled up in a heap.” teased Pandoria “Allow me to scare the fears right into you more!”

The rangers pushed and pulled hard on their controls to get the megazord standing again.

“You really should have stayed down!” sneered Pandoria “Now you’re going to feel my wrath!”


The rangers didn’t even respond and just stood the megazord where it was, waiting…

“Wait for it…” said Sunset.


Pandiora then raised her arms to summon another wave of lightning and terrors.

“Go!” shouted Sunset, and Rainbow thrust on the controls making the megazord dash forth and grab hold of Pandiora. “Hey! What are you-- put me down!”

“How about right here!” called Buddy, and he hit his controls making the megazord use Pandroia as a shield to take the full zap of the powers aimed at them, shocking her and damaging her heavily.

Pandoria looked in such a mess. Her robs were tattered and charred in places. Her hair was ruffled; even her wreath of skulls was just dangling off her head.

“Blasted… by my own magic!” she groaned.


“Ha! It worked!” said Sunset “Now let’s finish it! Star Saber, Ready!”

“Star Saber… Engage!”

“Star Slash… Go!”


The megazord, with its sword already charged, slashed at Pandoria, and she screamed as her body flared up, “OH THE HORRORS!!” and she exploded and was beamed aboard the cockit in a sphere.

With her defeat, the darkness and chaos disappeared. The rangers rejoiced, and Sunset declared, “Monster Captured! Mission Complete!”


Lightning and Krysta were very impressed.

“That was… that was… I hardly know what that was.” chirped Krysta. “…It was incredible.” Lightning simply said with a fixed look of astonishment on his face.



Meanwhile, Vulcan was blazing and fuming. “Whose blundering idea was this?!

…Well…? I’m waiting!”


The minions were all shuddering in fear of his raging, but Keto finally spoke up, “Um… begging your pardon, sir… it was your idea.”

Marla grabbed him and tried to hush him, but Vulcan already heard, and despite the fakes, he flared up brighter and hotter than ever!

“Now you’ve done it!” she whispered to Keto.


Suddenly, Vulcan began to seem a little woozy.

“Master…? Are you alright?” Bronc asked with concerned and he walked over to help him balance, grabbing him by the shoulder, but Vulcan wretched away from him, “Just get out of my sights… ALL OF YOU!!” he thundered.

Heeding their orders and not wanting to get yelled at more, the minions complied and left their master in peace.

“Well, that was swimmingly.” grumbled Keto.

“I’ve never seen him so steamed. It wasn’t even our idea this time.” whined Marla.

Bronc suddenly stopped and looked down at his hand, and saw black specks. “What? This looks like blood.”

Marla and Keto stopped dead in their tracks. Now they all felt concerned and wondered if Vulcan was hurt, which would explain his terrible mood.

“But he’s just spent days and days locked up in that lab of his.” Marla pointed out “You don’t think…?”

The trio turned to look back at the chamber, but decided not to go back and question Vulcan… not just yet. So, they just shrugged it off… for now.



The rangers sent the megazord back to base, and they now stood de-morphed in the streets, with their capture in-hand.

“How did you do it?” Buddy asked Sunset.

“How were you able to get us out?” added Fluttershy.

“It was Lightning. He helped me.”


That’s when Lightning approached the team. At first most of the rangers felt as if it were their friend, but Fluttershy informed them, “That’s the human Lightning Dawn, not the pony.”


“It’s uh… great to see all of you again.” Lightning said. Krysta flew in and landed on his shoulder. “Hi…” she simply said.

Rainbow rushed over and gave him a thankful nudge in the shoulder, “Thanks a bunch!”

Lightning rubbed his shoulder “Yeah, I was glad to help, but… this was incredible! I mean, I’ve faced some tough guys before but this is…oh, my!”

He wasn’t pretending to be impressed, he really meant it.

“We’re still glad you helped us out,
Or we’d be gone by now, without a doubt.” said Rhymey.


A moment of silence followed, and Sunset couldn’t help but notice Lightning seemed a little strange, as if he were feeling awkward being around them.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you all.” and he turned to walk away.

“Bye…” Krysta called to them “If you ever need help again, you can call us.”

“Krysta…!” Lightning sneered softly.

“What?”


They were already gone, and the rangers all felt confused.

“What was that all about?” asked Rainbow.

“He looked as if he were scared of us…?” added Buddy.

“I don’t think he was scared.” said Sunset. Fluttershy agreed with her, “It looked more like… shame.”

Now everyone felt concerned and wondered, if was true, what would Lightning be ashamed about? Still, with nothing really to go on, and they had a monster to bring back to base, they decided to worry about Lightning for another time.