• Published 12th Jan 2017
  • 1,500 Views, 101 Comments

POWER RANGERS STARFLEET (Starfleet Humans:) - DakariKingMykan



Several of the humans from Equestria Girls/Starfleet Humans team up to fight an evil planet broker

  • ...
145
 101
 1,500

Episode 15: A Comet's Tale: Final Part

EPISODE FIFTEEN

Lightning’s blades were charged up, “SUPER SPACE STRIKE…!!” he shouted, and he thrust forward

KAPOW!! A massive explosion!

The animals were in shock, and Twilight, tears flowed down her face as she screamed up, “NOOOOOO…!!!”



Back at the tower, Vulcan’s minions and the Lingos were rejoicing the supposed destruction of the megazord and the rangers.

“They’re gone! They’re finally gone!” cheered Marla.

“Wee… WHOOPEE!” cried Keto as he threw his hat up and danced with his staff.

Bronc and Vulcan were not much of wild cheerers, but they stood where they were content, and shared a friendly handshake on success… when suddenly, they gawked at the monitors…!

“QUIET…!!” shouted Vulcan. The entire place went silent in a split second, and suddenly everyone could see what was going on, but they couldn’t believe it in the least bit.


The smoke from the explosion had cleared, but the megazord was not there, nor any traces of it. Instead, the Star-Jets zoomed straight over Lightning, all five of them still in one piece each.

“I have GOT to be dreaming!” shouted Lightning.


Twilight and the animals were most relieved. “I thought they were…” Spike said, but he was cut off by Krysta, “Don’t say it… just don’t say it!”


The rangers all felt as relieved as well as they flew away. If they hadn’t separated the megazord just before the attack hit, they would have been destroyed for sure.


“We better get back to base.” said Sunset.

The other rangers were so keen on retreating, but realizing they couldn’t stand up to Lightning while currently low on power, and without a plan.


“Hey… where are you going!” shouted Lightning!

“We’ll be back!” Sunset called “And if you’re still in there, Lightning, don’t worry, we’ll save you yet.”

The jets all flew away, and Twilight and the animals decided to retreat through a jump tube, leaving Lightning on his own and he roared at the skies in outrage.

Vulcan suddenly appeared as an image in the sky before him. “Calm yourself…!” he shouted. “The rangers may have escaped, but it is clear now there is nothing they actually do to stop us. You will now take the time to replenish your strength and power… and then, it will be time to destroy the city at last. My minions will join you when the time comes.”

“Understood sir…” Lightning complied.

Vulcan vanished and Lightning powered down, shrinking down to normal size, and un-morphed. Since he still had his morpher on him, the control codes kept him under the evil spell.

All he could do now was sit in the empty park near a fallen tree t rest and let his powers rest as well as he silently thought, “Enjoy this little reprieve while you can, Rangers. The next time we see each other I’ll not rest until I’ve destroyed each and every one of you!”


(Que Intro)



Back at the base, Celesto was relieved that the rangers were safe. “The zords aren’t too badly damaged. They’ll be ready in a couple of hours.”

The rangers, however, didn’t seem so optimistic. “For all the good it’ll do.” Buddy said “That armor of Lightning’s, it almost completely clobbered us. I’ve never seen anything like it before.”

The others all felt the same, “I still can’t believe it’s all Lightning doing this to us.” said Sunset “And the fact that he’s actually a ranger makes it worse.”

“We’ve tried everything, but he just won’t see reason.” said Fluttershy.


Krysta felt maybe the rangers were giving up, but Celesto assured her, “We’re not giving up, Krysta. We’ll find some way to snap him out of that spell. We’ve got to.”


Everyone agreed, but they didn’t have any imedeatlet ideas of where to begin. They thought, long and hard, until Twilight suddenly remembered, “Of course… that’s it! Why did I think of this before?”

“What? What is it already?” Rainbow asked rather impatiently.


Twilight immediately dashed to the computer and pulled up all the current knowledge and information they had about Lightning’s Comet Ranger powers, and while there was still so much to study and understand, the one thing she and the others knew was that Vulcan created the powers using the very codes and programs he had stolen from Twilight’s computer.

“It doesn’t matter how sophisticated Vulcan tries to make it, it’s still our design codes and figures.”


The rangers and the animals just gawked at her as if they didn’t understand, and were asking her to be blunt. “I think we can neutralize the codes in the morpher and jam it, which will stall the powers and make Lightning easier to face.”

“A neutralizer…” Celesto murmured “It sounds logical enough… Let’s speak Professor Brain about this.”


They team all agreed and went to the professor at once with their idea.


“A neutralizer…?” he asked with interested “Yes, it is quite feasible, but even if I were to begin now, it would take quite few hours to create a successful machine. These electronics and pulse-machinery and quite delicate you know.”


“Well, what are we waiting for?
We can’t delay a second more.” said Rhymey.

The others all agreed, and offered to help as best as they could, and soon, everyone was hard at work, passing tools, welding, programing codes, testing the electronic beams…


While at the same time, Vulcan’s team was preparing for their big battle as well. The three minions and a swarm of Lingos were just about ready to depart.

“You all know what to do?” Vulcan asked.

“YES SIR!” the minions all hollered together.

“We all march to Mystic Island…” said Marla.

“We start out with a small attack to draw the rangers out…” added Bronc.

“…Then I come in with these three Fortissimo mugics to make us grow.” said Keto.


Vulcan snickered, feeling ultimate victory was assured. “With all of our best forces out there, and the Comet Ranger by our side… Today Mystic Island… Tomorrow… THE WORLD…!!”

Everyone cheered as evil music filled the air and Vulcan began to sing.

[Vulcan]

With my strength and my might, I had conquered so many
And the profits had made me rich as can be
Many did face me and fail, I could hear the screaming and wail
But then one day, imagine what happened to me!

I was captured by Starfleet and tossed into prison
(Oooo-Waaa-Oooo)
As the centuries passed I was ever so bored
(Oooo-Waaa-Oooo)
Now at long I’ve set free, to continue to my terror with glee
To conquer and claim is my big reward!


[Everyone Else]

With your strength and the might, evil will guide you.
With your strength and the might, tables will turn
(Oooo-Oooo-Oooo)

[Vulcan]

Erase my each foe
And the profits will glow.

(With your strength and the might)

…They’ll all Burn!

Everyone cheered and hollered again.

[Vulcan]

I can see all the glory and power that awaits me
The rangers end and their worlds destruction is near
Once I conquer this little place, I’ll expand right out into space
And rule the universe with strength… and fear!

[Everyone Else]

With your strength and the might, terror will make you
(“Terror’s a game I know well”)
With your strength and the might, evil will call!
(Oooo-Oooo-Oooo)

[Vulcan]

My friends by my side,
It’ll be one sweet ride!

(With your strength and the might)

…Earth will fall!


[Everyone Else]

With your strength and the might, evil will guide you.
(“Terror’s a game I know well”)
With your strength and the might, darkness will shine
(Oooo-Oooo-Oooo)

[Vulcan]

I’ve planned long and hard,
Now I hold all the cards

(With your strength and the might…
With your strength and the might…!)


Now, my minions, I as your master,
Send you on your way

(With your strength and the might…
With your strength and the might…!)

Crush the rangers, go ever faster.

(With your strength and the might…
With your strength and the might…
With your strength and the might…!)

…THEY WILL PAY!!!

Vulcan laughed loud and maliciously as his forces went on their way!


Lightning was still resting in the park, and suddenly, his eyes snapped open and he bolted up onto his feet. “The time has come…” he hissed. “The city is ours!”



The minions and the Lingos arrived within the city, frightening all the people nearby with their presence. The people ran off in panic, other even abandoned their cars and ran away on foot.

“Let’s party!” shouted Keto.

“I’m all for that!” giggled Marla.

“Let’s go!” said Bronc, and off they all went, smashing up cars, blasting the buildings, and when the police showed up and tried to stop the villains, they were easily overpowered and frightened away.



At the base, the alarm sounded…

Celesto typed into the computer, “It’s happened…” he said as he viewed the images of the aliens attacking all over the major part of the city. There was no sign of Lightning anywhere though. “Is that neutralizer ready yet?”

“I’m afraid not…” replied Professor Brain “I would estimate another hour at the most and it should be completed.”


“We can’t wait that long.” said Sunset. “Yeah, the city needs us now.” added Buddy.

The other rangers agreed, and even Celesto had to agree.

“We’ll do what we can here…” said Twilight “We’ll get the neutralizer to you as soon as it’s done.”


With that settled, it was time the rangers left, and they head straight for the jump tubes, but stopped at the last few and stood in a line. “This is a big one, guys.” said Sunset “You all ready?”

Buddy nodded in response.

“Ah, yeah…” said Rainbow “Let’s get in there and kick those whacko’s butts back to Vulcan.”

“Nothing to it,
but to do it.” added Rhymey.


“Um… ready…” peeped Fluttershy.


“Well, what are we waiting for?” said Sunset “It’s Morphin’ Time!”


“STARFLEET MAGIC… POWER ON!!”

Once morphed, they were on their way, flying through the series of tube-lines, and they arrived in deep within the city, in the middle of a big mess. Cars were turned over, bits of debris lay about, small fires were burning…

“Whoa…! Look at all this.” said Buddy.

“Oh, my, gosh!” cried Fluttershy “How could they do all this to our town?”


“We’ll show you how…!” Bronc shouted, and though he was not seen, several shots blasted near the rangers’ feet, and suddenly the minions and their vast swarm of Lingos popped out from all over.

“Welcome, Rangers…” Marla taunted them “Welcome to your final battle ever.”


“Ha!” scoffed Sunset “They always say that.”


“And then they always end up eating those words.” added Rainbow.


Keto snickered, “But this time will be quite different.”


“Yep, they always say that too.” Buddy mocked.


“Enough with this idle small talk!” snarled Bronc, and he called to the Lingos “…GET THEM!!”


“Go guys!” shouted Sunset, and she and the rangers rushed into battle with their weapons in hand.


A Lingo lunged at Sunset, and she ducked down so the foe leapt right over her. Sunset proceeded to hit another over the head with her scepter, and kick two more down.


Buddy cracked his whip skillfully knocking one down, flipping one by the ankle, and lassoing three together forcefully so they bonked heads and fell down flat. “These guys never learn.”

Rainbow shot her cannon once, then again, blasting every Lingo that came at her down flat. Then, she turned and one stared right at her, snarling furiously.

“Here, hold this.” Rainbow said as she handed the creature her cannon, which it took in confusion. “Now take this!” shouted Rainbow and she punched the Lingo hard knocking it down and taking back her cannon. “Sucker...”

Rhymey, wielding his sword skillfully, hacked his way through each every Lingo that came at him.

“I see London…

I see France…

I see you knocked right from your stance!”


More Lingos charged at him, but Fluttershy leapt right in. “No one attacks my boyfriend!” she shouted, and she charged up her shield.

“Strong Shield… Engage!”

She then fired a huge burst of power from her shield straight at the Lingos, blowing them all to ash in a massive explosion.

“Oh, my…!
Well done, Fluttershy.” said Rhymey.

His girlfriend trembled softly. It still amazed her that her shield was capable of such power, but now was no time to act timid.


“You won’t beat us so easily!” Keto sneered, “Many of my mugics may not work on you, but I can still attack with them! Song of Ember Nova!”

“Watch out!” Sunset shouted as fireballs pelted down from above, forcing the rangers to scatter about to avoid getting hit. That’s when all three minions lunged at them and began to brawl.


Marla took on Rhymey and Fluttershy… but Marla seemed rather faster and slicker this time, the way she blocked and dodged all their attacks… “We’ve spent a little time training for this fight.”

Rhymey growled and made a lunge for her from behind, intending to slash at her hair with his sword, only for Marla to actually ensnared him by the leg with her long threads and toss him hard into Fluttershy “Not this, you don’t!”


Buddy and Rainbow were attacking Keto.


Rainbow fired a shot from her cannon, but Keto batted the blast back with his staff, hitting her hard. Then Buddy lunged for him, cracking his whip like crazy, and actually snaring his staff, but Keto pulled hard yanking the whip away and bashed and kicked Buddy hard making sparks fly.


This left Sunset to face Bronc alone, and naturally, though she put up a valiant effort, she couldn’t get at him too well. He blocked her every attack with his big fists, and this left her wide open for his eye-beams. He blasted her far off and sent her rolling along the ground.

“Face it, Power Pest…” sneered Bronc “You and your team are finished.”

Sunset bolted up right and declared, “We’re not nearly ready to give in. There’s still only three of you guys anyway.”


“You mean four…!” hissed a voice, Sunset turned and saw Lightning, morphed, and just as he blasted her with his Comet Trail, knocking her over in huge explosion.

“Sunset!” shouted Buddy as he and the others ran over to help her up. “Are you alright?” asked Rainbow.

“Just barely.” replied Sunset.


The rangers eyed the four villains down.


“About time you showed up!” Marla sneered to Lightning.

Lightning glared at her through his helmet and grunted, but didn’t bother respond.


Sunset contacted the base and asked if the neutralizer was finished yet.

“I’m afraid not...” replied Professor Brain “We require a bit more work.”


“You hear that guys?” asked Twilight “Just give us a little longer.”


Krysta could only look at the monitors helplessly as the rangers and the villians stared each other down. “Lightning…!” she peeped softly.

All Spike could do was softly comfort her by patting her head with his paw “It’ll be alright. I know it will be.”



“This is your one chance, rangers…” Lightning shouted “Surrender willingly while we still have some patience and spare yourselves intense agony of destruction!”


“Never!” snapped Sunset “If anything, it’s you creeps who should give up!” The other rangers all agreed with her and stood strong and proud…

“WRONG ANSWER!!” snarled Lightning, and he fired another blast of his Comet Trail!

The rangers scattered and avoided the blast.

“Let’s try out Able Boost!” suggested Fluttershy.

“Right…” agreed Sunset “Activate!”


“Able Boost Mode… Engage!”


The rangers all stood, glowing and pumped up.

“Ha! I was ready for this…” hissed Keto, and he cast a mugic over himself and his comrades, “Surge Song!”

All the villains were suddenly glowing just like the rangers. Their speeds and strengths had increased as well.

“What do you say now, rangers? Still think you can beat us?”


“Okay… this should be interesting… I guess.” said Rainbow.


“Let’s get ‘em!” shouted Buddy, and into action they dashed… the villains did the same.


What a brawl it was, with both teams super charged in strength and speed, it seemed anyone’s fight. Sparks and explosions flew as attacks were exchanged.


The rangers, and villains all rushed towards each other like jousting knights… and crashed into one other in a huge explosion.

The villains and the rangers were thrown down opposite ends of the street, and as the all struggled to their feet, the rangers’ one-minute ran out and their lost their able-boost. Fortunately, the villains lost their edge too for the mugic’s effect was only temporary as well.

“Not bad, rangers. Not bad at all.” teased Marla, and then she glared at Keto for him to Do it!


“I think our problems are about to get bigger!” said Buddy, and he was right as Keto cast the three Fortissimo mugics, and all three of the minions grew into giants.

“My turn!” hissed Lightning, and he pressed his morpher badge with both hands and shouted “GIGANTIFY…!” which made him grow huge as well.

The rangers gazed up fearful at the four hulking creeps as they gazed down at them laughing wickedly. “Take a good long look, rangers…!” Bronc thundered “We’ll be the last creatures you ever see… as we crush your precious island… and then, the world!”


“Not if we have anything to say of it!” shouted Sunset “Launch Star Jets!”

“Summon Zords!”


The star jets were launched and well on their way.



Celesto spoke to the rangers, “Listen carefully. The neutralizer is almost ready, but we still need a bit more time. Don’t form the megazord just yet and conserve what power you have if things get really serious.”



“Got it…” replied Sunset “Let’s go, guys.” and she and the rangers beamed into their jets flying right past the minions. “Hey, watch it!” shouted Marla.



“Spread out!” Sunset called to the others, and the jets flew off in different directions.


Bronc fired his eye-beams nearly hitting Rhymey and Fluttershy.

Keto swung his staff at Rainbow Dash.

Marla nearly grabbed Buddy’s jet in her hair.


Meanwhile, Lightning and Sunset stared each other down.

“No holding back this time!” said Lightning “You’re going down one way or another.”


“I’m sorry it has to be this way, Lightning, but I can’t let you destroy the city.” said Sunset “Fire lasers!”


She fired her shots, which Lightning blocked with his arms criss-crossed in front. He swung his fist at Sunset as she flew past and missed her. “Dodge all you like, ranger! You can’t avoid me forever!”


“Missiles, Fire!” shouted Rainbow, and she launched two torpedoes, which Keto avoided “Nice try, you…” and he swung his staff hard, just barely missing the jet, but caused it to tumble about.

“Whoa!” Rainbow cried as she fought for control.


Marla and Bronc laughed in amusement.

“This is too much fun…” said Marla.


Three star jets-- Rhymey, Fluttershy and Buddy-- charged at them. “Oh, yeah…?!” sneered Bronc as he fired his eye-beams.

Sparks and explosions flashed all around the jets, rocking the poor rangers about in their cockpits.

“This isn’t working!” cried Fluttershy.

“They’re all real tough,
Our jets aren’t strong enough!” added Rhymey.

All the rangers were starting to think maybe it best they form the megazord, but no one could really decide.


“Here, why don’t I decide for you…” hissed Lightning “Comet Striker… Armor Up!”

He summoned his cosmic armor, and was soon all powered up and raring to go.

The minions all snickered, feeling assured of their victory.


“I guess we don’t have a choice now.” said Buddy.

Sunset was inclined to agree, “Okay, guys… bring it together!”


“Zords Combine!”


“Jet Star Megazord… Ready!”


Marla laughed and mocked, “Oh, that’s real smart; huddling all together make an easier target for us. You might as well wear a sign that says “Destroy Us Now!”


“We’ll see about that!” growled Sunset. She then whispered to the others, “You guys know what do to?”

The others nodded in acknowledgement, and all the rangers armed their stations.


The megazord drew its saber.

“Come on!” Keto snarled as he lunged forth for a punch, but he missed. Then Bronc and Marla dove in, and each hit the megazord hard making sparks fly.

“My turn!” shouted Lightning, as he drew out his blades and engaged in a big brawl with the megazord.

The rangers fought valiantly, and managed to land a few good strikes, but three minions leapt in and mercilessly struck the megazord hard, each time more forceful than the last.


“Damage meter’s racing!” cried Rainbow.

“We’ll be blown to bits!” squealed Fluttershy.


“Easy guys... just a little longer!” Sunset called

The battle continued, and the rangers were really getting creamed by the villains. That’s when Vulcan himself appeared, standing on a high-rise roof. He didn’t want to miss the end of the rangers for anything.

“This is going greater than I ever could have planned.” he snickered to himself, and he called out to his minions, “Finish them off!”


The minions and Lighting all agreed as they surrounded the Megazord laughing and snickering.

“You have the honors…” Bronc said to Lightning. The others agreed.

“It will be my pleasure.” said Lightning, and he charged up his blades for the kill. “It’s been fun, Rangers…!

“Super-Space-Strike!”


“Now!” shouted Sunset, and the rangers all pulled together and made the megazord flop down onto its chest, causing Lightning to miss and head straight for the minions.

“WATCH OUT!!” cried Keto. Lightning tried to skid to a halt, but he had already struck his fellow minions hard, making sparks and explosion fly like crazy, and the minions fell off their feet… they were not destroyed as Lightning hadn’t hit them too hard.


“What are you doing?!” shouted Vulcan.

Lightning was at a loss for words and stood in shock, but his comrades were furious. “What are you trying to do?!” shouted Marla.

“It wasn’t my fault…” Lightning protested.

“Yeah, like this isn’t mine?!” sneered Keto and he shoved Lightning hard.

“Hey!” snarled Lightning.

“Hey, yourself!” jeered Bronc.


The rangers were quit amused seeing the villians argues with one another, but Vulcan was furious and flared up. “ENOUGH…!!!” he shouted as he fired powerful flaring waves at the four villains. “FIGHT THE RANGERS… NOT YOURSELVES!!”

The villains pulled themselves together and lunged at megazord again.

“Here they come…!” cried Sunset.


Suddenly, a beam of light shot at Lightning from the streets below.

“What now?!” shouted Bronc.

The rangers all turned and saw Twilight standing in the streets, with Spike and Krysta by her side, and large transmitter-like box the size of an office garbage can, beaming the light onto Lightning.

“What’s happening?!” cried Lightning “Let me go!!”


“Come on, just a little more…!” cried Twilight.


“NOOOOO!!!” shouted Lightning as he was engulfed in a bright flash, and the Comet Striker was gone.


Lightning, now un-morphed lay face-down in the street. Twilight dashed over to him and helped him onto his feet. “The neutralizer worked!” cried Spike.


Lightning let out a soft groan. He felt very dizzy. “What’s… happening…?”


“Oh, Lightning…! Thank goodness you’re alright!” cried Krysta.



Vulcan flared up and roared like the inferno blaze in his hair. “I DON’T BELIEVE THIS!!”


“Whoa! Let’s get out of here!” cried Twilight and she and Lightning dashed off with the animals for safety.

“Oh, no you don’t!” shouted Vulcan, as he leapt off the roof right in front of them all. “You are my ranger… and no one will take you from me!” he snarled.


With Lightning’s morpher jammed, and he himself too weak to fight, he and the others were in real danger.


The rangers saw this and Sunset decided to go down and help. “Can you guys manage without me?”


“We’ll beat these scums,
Go help our chums.” said Rhymey.


The other nodded in agreement, and Sunset leapt out of the cockpit to the ground below, just as Vulcan was getting ready to blast them all…


“Vulcan…!” shouted Sunset. She grabbed her scepter and pointed it straight at him, “Back off!”

“Why don’t you make me!” shouted Vulcan. He extended his claws and roared, flaring up.

Sunset roared and charged at him. She punched and kicked at him, but he blocked her every attack and slashed her hard, making a small explosion rather than a few sparks.


“SUNSET!!” the others called.

“I’m alright, just get out of here!”



Heeding her advice the others ran for it and Sunset bolted upright and glared Vulcan down. “How pitiful!” he mocked “Now you’ll be destroyed without any witnesses to mourn you!”

Deeply offended, Sunset lunged at him, brawling more fiercely than ever before.



Meanwhile, the other rangers stared the three minions down. Their eyes were blazing with determination behind their helmets!


“Let’s get ‘em!” shouted Bronc, the others agreed, and they all lunged forth growling and snarling, attacking the megazord, but the rangers managed to fight valiantly, even without Sunset with them.

The megazord swung its saber, block the minions every attack lunged at them, and then managed to successfully slash each one of them hard, sending them rolling along the grounds.


“Alright!” Rainbow cheered.

“We’ve got them on the ropes!” added Buddy.

The minions tried to get up, but the megazord gave them a huge Star Slash, making massive explosions and knocking them all down again, but unlike most monsters, they were still much stronger and weren’t captured.



As for Sunset, Vulcan, being the big bad villain he was, proved to be extremely merciless! The way he clawed, punched, and blasted at Sunset and sent her slamming hard into a wall.

Her power wouldn’t take much more and was already reaching critical points of shutdown!

Vulcan laughed maliciously, “Oh, how I missed moments like this. Your destruction shall be my very first in five-hundred years… the start of my new reign to conquering this planet!”

Angered by his words, Sunset bolted upright and shouted, “Never! As long as Me and my friends are around, you’ll never reach your goal!”

Vulcan snarled and fired a huge blast at her, but she dodged causing the blast to hit the wall instead making a huge explosion, but Sunset charged right for him…! “TIME… TO… SHINE!!!”

The two fought furiously, Sunset blocked Vulcan’s punches, and swerved out of the way as he tried to claw her, grabbing his overcoat and flinging it up over his head, blinding him for a split second, enough for Sunset to actually strike him with all she had.

Vulcan roared as he flipped over backwards.

While he was still stunned and regaining himself, “Star Scepter… Full power!” Sunset shouted, and she cranked up her scepter to Maximum Power.

“Star Scepter… Engage! Maximum Power…!”

(Skip to 2:10)

“…FIRE!!” She unleashed the biggest barrage of stars she had ever done, and as Vulcan looked up he saw the attack heading straight for him “NOOOOOOOO…!!”

KAPOW… A massive explosion in the streets!!


“VULCAN…!!!” the minions screamed!

Even the Rangers were flipped out from what they just saw!


Unfortunately, Vulcan had in fact not been hit, as he barely managed to teleport himself up onto another building roof. “A’RGH…!! WE’RE OUTTA HERE!! HURRY IT UP, YOU THREE!!!”

Heeding their master’s shout, the minions all teleported away, implying that they also had shrunk down. As for Vulcan, he shouted with all his might, “THIS IS NOT THE END, POWER RANGERS!! I’LL BE BACK!!!”

Then he was gone!

“We’ll be here and ready for you, Vulcan!” Sunset shouted, but really… she was relieved the battle was over, and all was safe again!


At the tower, the minions never felt so sore, so humiliated. Marla was even too sore and battered to complain!


Many of the locked up prisoners couldn’t help but mock and tease them.

“Look at the so-called minions now?”

“Makes me actually feel glad I’m locked up in here.”

“You guys couldn’t beat the rangers’ grandmothers!”


Their mocking earned them the ire of the angry minions, whom already threatened not to feed them for their insolence!

“Those rangers will pay dearly for this!” Bronc grumbled.

The others agreed, but Keto suddenly realized, “Where’s Vulcan?”

“I don’t know, and frankly right now, I’m too sore to care!” Marla groaned.


Vulcan had retreated to his private lab, furious of the serious blow he and his forces had suffered, and now Lightning was set free, which cost him a great deal of an edge. Regardless, he still had his one creation that still needed more work, but was safe nonetheless.

“The rangers are powerful adversaries… and getting stronger all the time.” he paused as he gazed at his creation… whatever it was “I shall have to make you stronger as well… if you shall ever be needed.”



Meanwhile, the sun had begun to set, and the rangers made it back to base feeling rather tired after such a battle, especially Sunset.

“I can’t believe you actually took on Vulcan by yourself.” said Fluttershy.

“Me either…” Sunset said as she rubbed her arm which still felt a little sore from getting slammed so much, “He’s a lot tougher than I thought. He could’ve destroyed me too.”

Celesto was very proud of her, and all the rangers, “But you did what you had to save our friends, and protect the city. Thank goodness not too much damage was caused.”

The rangers all agreed, but they were all very relieved that of all things, Lightning was now safe.


Speaking of whom, Lightning, after having a good rest in the medical ward, came into the main chamber, with Krysta perched on his shoulder, but he seemed a little downhearted though.

“Hey, how are you feeling?” Buddy asked.

“Oh, I feel much better…” replied Lightning “It’s just…” he paused for a good few moments, “Twilight… told me everything, and believe me, I don’t know where to begin. I tried to destroy all of you, and I nearly destroyed the city too… and believe me, I feel very ashamed. I just hope, somehow… you can all forgive me.”


“Your apology is not accepted.” Celesto said in a deep tone. Lightning hung his head low in shame, but Celesto then informed him “…You’re apologizing for something that isn’t your fault.”

“He’s right…” said Rainbow “Vulcan was controlling you, you can’t be held responsible.”

Rhymey nodded and said…

“Whatever Vulcan made you do,
That was not the real you
Your heart is pure, and your intentions are clean
Now do you understand what we mean?”


As Lightning gazed at all the honest faces staring at him, and the way Krysta smothered her little head against his face, he really didn’t know what to say.


“I have something for you…” Twilight said as she approached him, and held out the comet morpher badge. “I’ve unjammed it and reprogramed it to our frequency. It’s not as powerful as before, but it will serve you well.”

“Serve me well? Wait a minute… you’re not saying--” but one look of their serious faces told Lightning they did want him to join the team.

“Come on, you’re already a smooth fighter.” said Buddy.

“Yeah, and you always find yourself in huge situations.” added Rainbow “With this power you can do more than ever before and you won’t feel small compared to us.”

The others gave her a sharp look for having said that, “Feel Small.”


Sunset approached him, “The point is, if you fight by our side we will beat Vulcan, and keep the island and the world safe. Don’t you want that?”


Lightning thought deeply for a moment, “Well of course I want it… One of the main reasons I fight to save lives isn’t just because it happens, it’s so other people don’t have to share the kind of hard life I lived.”

He referred to how he lost his parents at a young age, and his childhood was spent struggling and working hard until Celesto found him and helped turn his life around.

“Will you join us, Lightning?” Sunset asked earnestly and extended her hand to him.

Seeing all the hope and encouragement everyone was showing him, and even by Krysta’s encouragement, Lightning smiled and took Sunset’s hand.

The others all smiled and approached to extend more handshakes, and Fluttershy hugged him, while Celesto smiled proudly “A new chapter is written in our fight against evil. Who’s up for dinner, it’s on me?”

Everyone cheered and rejoiced as they all went off.


“How do you feel, Lightning?” Krysta asked.

Lightning could only smile and say, “For the first time in a while, I feel alright.”