• Published 12th Jan 2017
  • 1,500 Views, 101 Comments

POWER RANGERS STARFLEET (Starfleet Humans:) - DakariKingMykan



Several of the humans from Equestria Girls/Starfleet Humans team up to fight an evil planet broker

  • ...
145
 101
 1,500

Episode 8: A Matter of Principals

EPISODE EIGHT

Celesto and Twilight were busy at the base, making sure all the monsters the rangers had captured were safely detained within their spheres. “How are those containment fields hold up, Twilight?”

Twilight looked up from her console, “Their hold up just fine. Thanks to my new program, we can feed the monsters natural energies without having to actually let them out of their prisons.”

The spheres were all kept on a shelf, behind a layer of special glass within the labs, and Professor Brain took time each day to study every creature, to learn more about them and maybe come up with new ways to stand up stronger against Vulcan’s forces.

“Fascinating, Most Fascinating.” he would say “Oh, if only things weren’t so top secret around here, these discoveries could revolutionize the theories of alternate beings.”


“Now, Professor, don’t be getting any ideas.” Celesto warned him “It was hard enough when people found out about Starfleet, if they find out about the Power Rangers and our base…”

“Yes, yes, of course, sir. I have not forgotten.”


The rangers then came in through the jump tubes, having just returned from another successful mission with another monster imprisoned.

“Well, back with another one, huh?” said Spike.

Sunset handed Twilight the sphere with the monster inside. “That was almost too easy.” she said with a smirk.

“Ha! You should’ve seen it.” chuckled Rainbow, and she playful punched and kicked their air reacting the fight, “We knocked that bozo over like a bowling pin. He hardly even saw it coming.”

Buddy pretended to be the monster and took the hit. “He was like, A’RGH… and Marla, Bronc and Keto were like “No way!” he paused and laughed “They ran off like cowardly cats.”


Celesto smiled proudly “Well done, Rangers. You serve us all well.”

Twilight placed the new captive on the shelf. “You guys sure have captured quite of few of these baddies.”

The rangers agreed while gazing at the many spheres on the shelf from the past weeks since their first battle, but they knew this was nowhere near over.

“Vulcan must be very vexed.
Who knows what evil he’ll try next.” said Rhymey.

Fluttershy felt a shiver go up her spine, but she couldn’t help but wonder what Vulcan was up to that very moment.




Vulcan was very displeased with his minions as he scorned at them, “Your performances today were horrendously pathetic! How can I be expected to conquer this world and sell it for a fortune, if you can’t even help me conquer five meddlesome beings?!

Well… I’m waiting!”


The minions lowered their heads in shame. “A-thousand apologies, Master Vulcan.” said Bronc.

“If there’s any way we can make it up to you…” added Keto.

Vulcan snuffed, “Well, as it so happens, the last few battles have given me an idea.”

He motioned over his shoulder, and there stood Devila.

“You!” snapped Marla.

Devila stuck her lounge out, “Thought you’d seen the last of me, did you.”

“Enough.” Vulcan snapped to both ladies, “I’m giving you another chance, Devila. Your skills will be most helpful in part of my plan.”


Devila bowed to him, “Happy to serve you, Master Vulcan. What is the plan?”


Vulcan went over to the computers and showed everyone an image of Twilight, much to everyone confusion. “But sir… she is not a ranger.” Bronc pointed out.

“I’m aware of that!” sneered Vulcan “However, she is tied to the rangers, which leads me to assume she may be in lead with those behind the secrets of the rangers, and if there is one thing business has taught me… “Know more about your enemy than they know of themselves.”

Everyone was starting to catch on to the plan, and Vulcan snickered wickedly as he gazed at the picture of Twilight.



(Que Intro)


The next morning at Canterlot High, after morning announcements, the entire school was called to attend a big assembly, which was held outside so everyone could attend.

Vice Principal Luna gathered everyone’s attention. “As of today, my elder sister, Principal Celestia, is officially on maternity leave.”

Many students felt a little disappointed that their beloved Principal was leaving, but they were still happy for her knowing she would soon have her babies, which they all eagerly wished her lots of luck and love with.

“As you know…” Luna continued “This means that we shall be welcoming a new temporary Principal to our school, and we have selected just the candidate.”


“Who do you think it is?” Rainbow whispered to her friends.

Fluttershy felt nervous and imagined a stingy, wrenching type of Principal whom would yell, and scream and frighten students into obedience and out-rule fun things. “Oh, my!” she groaned softly.


“And now…” Luna announced “Please join me in welcoming our new temporary replacement…”

That’s when the new Principal stepped out for everyone to see, and were they ever surprised, but not as surprised or as happy as Twilight was, “I don’t believe it… it’s… it’s!”

“Good morning, everyone… I’m sure many of you remember me, Principal Cadance of Crystal Prep Academy.”

Before she could say anything else, she received a very thunderous roar of applause and cheer.


Though she was from CPA, ever since the Friendship Games during the Starfleet Events, most of the Canterlot Students had softened up from the bitter rivalry, and knew fully-well Cadance was a good Principal.


After the final speeches, Cadance kindly dismissed the assembly and ordered everyone to their next period classes.

However, Twilight and the rangers couldn’t resist and approached the adults.

“Cadance.” cried Twilight.

Cadance smiled “Twilight!” and she hugged her sister-in-law warmly, and they did their little happy cheer…

“Sunshine, Sunshine, ladybugs awake
Clap your hands and do a little shake.”

Then she greeted the other rangers, “It’s so great to see all of you again, but don’t think this means I’m going to give you special treatment.”

“Oh, we understand, believe us.” said Sunset “But this sure is a surprise.”


“I thought you’d all be…” Celesto said as he came over, and he explained to them how Cadance, he felt was perfect to assume the role as new Principal. “She told me she needed a change of scenery, and she did miss Twilight a lot since she transferred. When she offered to come here to Canterlot High… well, how could I refuse.”

“Well, we’re glad it’s you… but, who’s going to run Crystal Prep while you’re away?” asked Buddy.

“That’d be me…” said a familiar voice, and everyone turned to see Dean Shining Armor, Cadance’ husband and Twilight’s elder brother.

“Brother!” cried Twilight, and she rushed over to him nearly tackling him in a huge hug. “Ah, Twily…! How, you been? I missed you!”

After recovering from the greeting, it was explained that Shining Armor had done great work as Dean of Crystal prep was due for a promotion, and by letting Cadance come to the Canterlot High, he would be running Crystal Prep as a trial run.

“Crystal Prep has the day off today though. So I’m just here to help Cadance settle in, as well as wish Aunt Celestia off.”

Celestia smiled, but she still felt a little sad about leaving work for a while. Suddenly, she felt her stomach give a little rumble, “Ooh… they’re kicking.” she said with excitement.

Celesto smiled with excitement as helped his wife keep her balance. “I think we better get you home, darling.” he then cast a look at the rangers, “And you all better get to class, you’re already late. Your new Principal has work to do as well…”

With that agreed, everyone headed off for the school, but Sunset stopped a moment to ask Celesto, which he already answered her with softly and he gestured at her morpher, “It’s okay… they know.”


Cadance and Shining Armor nodded, telling the others they knew everything, that the students were the Power Rangers and the special rules and excuses they had when duty called.

As they all headed inside, Celestia took a long last look at the school.

“Are you alright?” Luna asked her sister. Her sister sighed, “Yes… I’m okay; it’s just a little hard to leave.”

Her husband comforted her, “Come on, you need your rest.”

He helped her into the limo, and climbed in beside. Luna waved them goodbye as they drove off, and she headed back into the school herself…


…Unaware that Devila was hiding nearby in the bushes snickering, “It’s about time to put the plan into action.”



As Shining Armor and Luna help Cadance unload all her things she would keep at the office, Cadance came across a very special framed photo, of she and her late brother, Fratello.

Her sadness immediately surfaced. Not a day had gone by she didn’t grieve just a little bit, remembering what happened back then during Starfleet Events.

“You okay, honey?” Shining Armor asked.

His wife wiped away the tears coming to her eyes and smiled at him, “Yeah, I’ll be fine.”

Luna and Shining Armor sighed softly, feeling terrible for her… and a bit for themselves.


Soon afterwards, it was time for classes to change, and a young student was simply getting a sip of water from the fountain, and when he finished and turned to walk back down the hall he bumped into Cadance.

“Oh, sorry, Principal Cadance. I didn’t see you there.”

Cadance looked as if she were ready for a fight, “Just get to class!” she sneered gruffly. The poor students felt as if he had come face-to-face with a cobra, and he ran off like a scared puppy.

A few more students saw what happened and stood where they were gawking in confusion. “What are you all looking at?!” Cadance snarled at them “Get to class, now!”

The students jumped and ran off before she got even madder.

Cadance snuffed and then stomped down the hall, past the washrooms, where Buddy Rose had seen everything as he emerged. He had seen and heard everything, “What was that all about?” he wondered “I thought she was happy to be here?”

Sadly, he had no time to pursue this matter; he had to get to class…


…But at lunch, he told the others what he saw. “Principal Cadance?!” said Twilight “I don’t believe that. She never yelled at any student before. I know her better than that.”

“I’m telling you, I saw her.” protested Buddy.

“That sure sounds weird.” said Sunset “Just this morning she was saying how happy she was to be here.”

Twilight, still refusing to believe her sister-in-law would do such a thing, ignored the conversation and concentrated on her laptop, working on a few programs for the rangers, but also her own special projects-- things she had previous worked on for simple inventions, projects for honor-roles, and even some she spent months, or a few years working on.

…But it was the ranger stuff she had on the computer that worried the others.

“Are you sure it’s a good idea for you to be doing that here?” Rainbow whispered, “What if somebody sees it. Then they’d find out where our base is or such things.”

“It’ll be okay…” Twilight answered “These files are too complicated for most people to understand, and besides every file I have is encrypted. No one can get to them without my access codes.”

The others felt very skeptical, still…

“It’s still a big risk to take,
Just take care of all the stuff you make.” said Rhymey


Twilight sighed, and having already finished her lunch, she decided to go off and work quietly.

“Do you think she’s mad?” asked Fluttershy “We did accuse her sister-in-law.”

“No, just me…” said Buddy “I’m not going crazy, guys. I know what I heard and saw.”

The others still weren’t so sure, but knowing Buddy was not the kind to have hallucinations, they weren’t unsure either.

Twilight was walking down the hallway working on her laptop while walking, which was not a very smart thing, as she didn’t see where the janitor had left his bucket of water while mopping the hallway floor.

And she walked right into the bucket, accidently kicking it, sending a wave of water, that splashed along the floor and soaked someone’s expensive shoes…

…Principal Cadance!


Many of the students gasped with worry, and Twilight gasped too. “Oh, I’m so sorry about that, Cadance… uh… I mean, Principal Cadance.”

Normally, her sister-in-law was more than forgiving over a simple accident, but Cadance clenched her fists angrily and glared at her sneering “Do you have any ide a how expensive these shoes were?!”

Twilight could hardly believe the tone of her voice, and before she could say anything else, “Detention, now!” snapped Cadance. Twilight gasped, horrified, as did many other students.

Prinicpal Cadance’s sudden change in attitude was already shocking, but Twilight Sparkle, getting in trouble and Detention?!

“I… but…” she stuttered and stammered, and before she knew it, Cadance was forcing her down the hallway to the detention room and forced her inside.


Now Twilight was really freaking out. She had never had detention before, and being inside the big empty classroom, without even a teacher or staff member there, she almost felt like bursting into tears.


Outside the door, all the students were exchanging concerned expressions and muttered to one another, and Cadance turned to give them all a furious stare telling them to Back Off, making them all run before she gave them detention as well.

Once they were all out of sight, her lips curled into a sinister grin.



As for Twilight, she sat at an empty desk still trying to get a hold of herself. She could barely bring herself to open her laptop and work on any of the programs.

She tried to convince herself that this wasn’t happening, or more importantly, since it was… why was it even happening? “I’ve never seen her act like that before.” she said to herself.

Suddenly, a thought came to her, but before she could even act on it, something sharp struck her neck… a tranquillizer dart… and in a few seconds she fell out of her chair and onto the floor. Her glasses fell off as she fell and they slid along the floor.


A pair of Lingos were staring from the open windows-- one of them had shot the dart through a blowgun.

They crept into the room and snatched Twilight and her laptop, and carried them off.



Now, you can bet that from so many witnesses, word of Twilight’s detention spread fast amongst the school. Students were talking about with such concern, and of course even the Rangers heard of it, and they decided to act on it by going straight to Cadance.

“I told you guys something was up with Principal Cadance.” said Buddy

“This just can’t be happening.” cried Fluttershy.

“It can, and it has…” said Rainbow “And we’re going to find out why.”


They arrived at the main office and asked Vice Principal Luna to see Cadance. “I’m afraid Principal Cadance isn’t here.” she told them that Cadance and Shining spent the whole morning unpacking and never left the office, and they both headed out to lunch together when lunch hour began, and they took Spike with them to walk him.


The rangers all stood perplexed. “She never left the office, all morning?” asked Sunset.


“That’s what I just said.” replied Luna “Is there something wrong?”

They explained to her what had just happened, and now she was most perplexed, “Twilight Sparkle… in detention?”

Rhymey replied…

“It’s what everyone is saying out there,
Everyone says that isn’t fair.
They also say the Principal is very mad.
They say that’s she’s acting very bad.”


“What?” snapped Principal Cadance. She and her husband with Spike just came back from their lunchbreak and walking the dog. Cadance heard everything “I would never act in such a way, and I would never give Twilight detention for an obvious accident.”

Shining Armor and Spike were most concerned. “I’ll go check the detention room.”


Spike could hardly believe this, “Twilight’s never gotten a detention before in her life. This is just crazy.”


Everyone decided to check the footage from the school security cameras. Sure enough, “See… there I am, leaving with Shining Armor and Spike.” said Cadance.

“Wait! Look there…” said Fluttershy. Everyone had just seen Cadance leave the building, yet a split second later there she was, alone, walking past the office, with a furious look on her face, and then she yelled at a student.


They were all very surprised, and replayed the footage several times to make what they saw was no trick.

Sunset’s features hardened. “I bet I know what’s going on.” The other rangers agreed with her, and their fears were confirmed when Shining Armor returned, “She’s not there.” He even held up Twilight’s glasses, which immediately told everyone she was probably kidnapped.

They quickly reviewed more footage from the detention room, and witnessed Twilight being knocked out and dragged off by the Lingos.

Spike growled angrily, and Shining Armor… he was growling too. “Those creeps took my little sis! They’re going to pay for this.”


Rainbow calmed him down, “Whoa, whoa... easy there, big guy. You better leave this to us.”

“Yeah, we’ll find her. Don’t worry.” said Buddy.

Shining Armor calmed down, “Please… just find her. If anything happens to her, I’ll never forgive myself.”

Cadance was starting to worry too. Here she hardly been to her new job for half a day and things were falling to pieces.


“Let’s get to the base, and try to locate Twilight from there.” suggested Sunset. The rangers agreed and dashed off, leaving Spike with the adults. They headed outside and found a secret jump tube hidden near the flagpole in front of the school where no one was looking.



Meanwhile, several blocks from the school near a forest edge, Twilight awoke to discover she was tied, bound, to a tree by thick chains. Though she didn’t have her glasses she could tell who was with her… a swarm of Lingos, Vulcan’s minions, and someone who looked and sounded like Principal Cadance, but it obviously wasn’t her.

However, she couldn’t see what else was going on; Bronc was working at Twilight’s laptop trying to use what knowledge he had to try and gain access to the files.

“What are you doing?” she demanded to know.

“Why, so you can alert your ranger friends?” Keto teased.

Twilight struggled, but couldn’t break out of the chains. “My friends helped me before. They’ll find you again, and they’ll make you pay.”

Marla snickered, “Even if they come, it’ll be too late. We’ll have what we came for.”

The fake Cadance then transformed into Devila, and she boasted “Thanks to my cleverness.”

“Hey, it was Vulcan’s idea.” protested Marla.

“He still couldn’t pull it off without me anyway.” growled Devila.

Keto was so annoying by the bickering that he pulled his hat over his head and plugged his ears, but it was Bronc who spoke up. “Knock it off! I can’t concentrate!”

He wasn’t kidding, he was really growing frustrated trying to hack into the files and download them all onto a special drive of his own. “Ugh! Every one of these files is encrypted! I can’t get in!”

Twilight felt relieved, but her relief faded as Bronc approached her and gazed at her in a threatening manner. “The access code… Tell me them!”

“Never!” shouted Twilight “I’ll never let you hack my computer!”

Bronc was losing his patience, and would have struck her, but Keto stopped him, “Bronc… as much as I would like to pound her myself, we need her codes, and she doesn’t have to even tell us. I’ve got a special Mugic I’ve been saving for a special occasion.”

Twilight didn’t like the sound of that one bit!


Meanwhile, as soon as the rangers got to their base, informed Celesto of the situation and asked for his advice. “If Twilight’s been kidnapped by Vulcan’s forces, the computer should help you track them.”


With Professor Brain’s help, he located signs of alien DNA. “They are a few miles from here, near the forest edge, south east from Canterlot High.”


“Right, let’s go!” said Sunset.

“I just hope we’re not too late!” cried Fluttershy.

With the jumps already programed, they jumped in and were off.

“Good luck, Rangers.” muttered Brain.



Keto loomed over Twilight, and he was so close she could see the sinister look in his eyes, which made her sweat nervously, and he cast his mugic above her “Decomposition!”

As the wicked Mugic played its song, both Keto and Twilight screamed as they were both engulfed in the magic.

“What are you doing?!” shouted Marla.

“I think he’s going to blow!” cried Bronc, but suddenly the light faded, and both Twilight and Keto felt very weary and Keto collapsed onto the ground, but he was chuckling as he caught his breath “I… have… the codes!”

“No… Im… possible!” groaned Twilight.


Once Keto got back on his feet he helped himself to the computer and began to successfully break all of Twilight’s security locks, and Twilight was powerless to stop them.

As Keto worked, he explained about his mugic. “Decomposition… it’s the rarest and most powerful mugic I was ever able to conjure. It allows me to gain the strengths, knowledge, or even the courage of the subject I cast it upon for a very short while, but the mugic is powerful that is drains the energy of both the caster and the subject… overusing it could be lethal.”

He paused and thought back “That was how Starfleet caught me, I overused it… I became too weak to resist capture, and subjects like the rangers and Starfleet are too powerful for the Mugic to work anyway.”

“Never mind that now. Just hack the files already.” whined Marla.

“Alright!” snapped Keto, “There… we’re in. We can start downloading.”


“Oh, no!” cried Twilight.

Bronc snickered and pulled out a USB-Disc he created, slipped it into the computer and the downloading began. Unfortunately there so many files, and so much data, it would take quite a few hours just to download even a little of them.

“We better get this back to Vulcan right away.” Bronc said as he picked it up. The others agreed and planned to follow him, when suddenly they were bombarded by powerful blasts, and Keto dropped the laptop into the bushes.

There stood the rangers, morphed and holding their weapons, and Sunset called to the villains, “Party’s over, you creeps!”

“Guys!” Twilight cried in delight.

The villains were not pleased.

Rainbow glared at Devila, “So we were right; it was YOU disguised as Cadance!”

Devila snickered “You’re just figuring that out now? Well it’s too late anyway! We got what we wanted, but perhaps we may not require it anyway.”

The rangers wondered what they meant and Twilight told them how they hacked her computer files.

Everyone looked and saw the laptop lying atop a small bush, and it was still downloading files onto Bronc’s disc-drive.

“We’ve got to get it!” cried Fluttershy.

“Oh, no you don’t!” thundered Bronc, and all at once, a huge struggle erupted in attempt to get Twilight’s laptop. “Stop them!” Marla called to the Lingos, and the swarm of Lingos leapt right out before the rangers, stalling them and forcing them to fight their way through.

Rainbow fired her sonic cannon, blasting several lingos to the ground, and Buddy powered up his whip, and gave it a huge crack, lashing several more in one swipe.


Rhymey then leapt his way over to Twilight.

“Hold still,
I’ll free you, I will.” he said, and he took a huge swing with his sword slashing the chains, actually breaking them and releasing Twilight.

Rhymey then handed her back her glasses which he brought with him, and she put them back on. “Thanks, a lot Rhymey.”

Rhymey nodded at her.


“We’ve got to get that laptop!” hollered Sunset.


Marla had already picked it up, “Too late, Rangers.” her teammates stood near her. “Looks like things worked out for us after all.” Keto laughed. “Come, let’s get back to Vulcan.” said Bronc, and they began to walk off.

“They’re getting away!” cried Fluttershy.


Rainbow hated for what she was about to do, but she aimed her cannon directly at the laptop.

“My laptop! All my files…” cried Twilight, this made it all the more hard for Rainbow to want to shoot, but Sunset warned Twilight, “Sorry Twilight, but we can’t let Vulcan get the files. He could find where our base is, and learn all our secrets and plot against us.”

“Right…” said rainbow “It’s gotta be this way.”

Then she charged up her cannon to full power…

“Sonic Cannon… Engage!”

“…FIRE!!”

She blasted directly at the laptop, blowing it out of Marla’s hands, blowing it to pieces. “No!!” cried Marla. “The downloads… they’re ruined!” shouted Bronc.

Twilight shut her eyes and clenched her fists tightly was the pain and woe struck her right through the heart. Though it was understandable, it still hurt!

“Why you, blasted rangers!” thundered Keto “We’ll teach you!”


Sunset told Twilight duck down and out of sight while she and the rangers dealt with the villains, and what a furious fight it was.

The minions, so angry that their plan seemed to have failed, fought more ruthlessly than ever, striking and blasting the rangers hard, but the rangers still managed to fight back, striking them all back, making sparks and explosions fly.

“Star scepter… fire!” shouted Sunset, and she bombarded Marla with a cluster of stars and beams.

Bronc fired his eye-beams, but Fluttershy reflected the blast back at him with her shield.

“Time for a little mugic!” snarled Keto, but before he could try anything…

“Oh, no you don’t!” Buddy snapped, and with his whip, he struck Keto’s hands making him drop his staff. “Take this!” Rainbow shouted, and shot at him with her cannon, knocking him hard into Marla and Bronc and sent the trio rolling along the ground.

“Yeah! Three down, and one to go!” hollered Sunset.

“I agree…” said a second Sunset, which confused everyone at first, but then realized it was obviously Devila, disguised as Sunset.


The two red rangers then began to brawl and spin around, confusing everyone.

“Guys, help me out!” cried one of the Sunsets.

“No, help me out!” cried the other, but the rangers stood puzzled and frustrated.

“Oh…! Which one do we help?” cried Fluttershy.

The rangers then cast a look Twilight, but she shook her head and told them. “I don’t have my scanner with me, it’s still in my backpack at school. You have to figure it out yourself.”


The two red rangers continued to brawl, and then engaged in a fist lock. “Why don’t you just give it up!” shouted one of them. “It’s YOU who should give up!” protested the other.


“Ugh! This is making my head ache!” groaned Rainbow, but saying that gave Buddy an idea. “Maybe we can outsmart the fake one…” then he called over to the two rangers… “Hey, Sunset…!”

“What?!” the two rangers said at the same time.

“Why don’t you use your Star Scepter?”


The two rangers liked the idea, and each got out their star scepter, and began to parry at once another like having a swordfight. “Time to kick this up a notch…” said one of the two, and she prepared to charge her scepter up.

“Fine by be…!” sneered the other, and she got out her scepter and charged it up straight away.

“Aha!” shouted Buddy, and he and the others ran over to the first Sunset-- the real Sunset!

“What?! How could you tell?!” shouted Devila.

“You may look like me, and copied my powers, but they don’t work exactly the same… otherwise when you charged up your weapon it would’ve said…” she paused and then charged up her scepter, and the automated voice called out…

“Star Scepter… Engage!”

Outraged, Devila fired a powerful beam form her scepter, but Sunset countered with her own power, pushing Devila’s force back at her, colliding into her with a huge explosion, knocking her over, and she transformed to her normal state. “You’ll pay for that!”

“It’s YOU who’s going to pay!” shouted Sunset “Bring ‘em together guys!”

“Right…!” shouted the others.

“Weapons, Combine!”

“Star Slammer… Ready!”


“You think I’m scared of that that thing?!” shouted Devila, and she foolishly lunged forth as the rangers all stood together, “STAR SLAMMER… ULTRA-STRIKE!!”

The weapon was whirled round, and slammed right on Devila, causing her to jolt and flare up, “OKAY, NOW I’M SCARED!!” she hollered before she exploded, and was imprisoned in a sphere.

The rangers rejoiced, and Twilight was very pleased, but still a little upset that it came at a price of her laptop.


Speaking of her laptop, the three minions were salvaging at its shattered remains, but it was already hopeless. “It’s completely destroyed!” whined Marla.

Keto angrily pounded the ground, “We were so close!”

“Wait…!” snapped Bronc, and he bent down and picked up his own USB-Stick that he was using for the downloads, the one part of the whole thing still in one piece. “There may still be a chance… Let’s go!”

Then he and the others, not caring at all that Devila had been captured, teleported and went back to Vulcan.

“No! They got away again!” thundered Sunset.


“We better go, forget those slime!
We’ll get them next time.” said Rhymey.

With that agreed, they all took Devila’s sphere with her inside, and headed back to school.



When the minions got back to the tower, Bronc handed the disc to Vulcan to see if the download was successful in getting anything of any importance at all.

“Well this mission was certainly a bust.” groaned a Keto.

“Well why didn’t you cast more mugic then?” sneered Marla.

“Hey, I dropped my staff, what did you want.”

“Will you two knock it off!” thundered Bronc “Things are already bad enough as they are. Master Vulcan hasn’t said a word since we returned. He must be furious with us.”


That’s when Vulcan came out from the labs, and the minions immediately fell quiet, fearing for his oncoming wrath, but much to their surprise, he didn’t seem too upset.

“Master Vulcan…?” asked Bronc.

Vulcan was clutching the USB-Stick and snickered, “You don’t don’t how lucky you are, all three of you.” he hissed.

The minions were more confused than ever.

“But we failed to beat the rangers?” said Marla.

“And we didn’t download all the data you wanted.” added Keto.

“Perhaps…” said Vulcan “But after reviewing this disc, you did manage to gather a little bit of information that could prove useful to us in the future.” he snickered, and then said “For this, I suppose I will spare you all… this time.”

Then he walked off with the disc still in hand, leaving the minions speechless. It wasn’t often Vulcan acted like this, which lead them to believe whatever they managed to download had to be something very big.




Once the rangers and Twilight got back to school, after dropping off Devila at the base, they headed straight to the Prinicpal’s office, where Cadance and Shining Armor were delighted to see her back safely, but Spike was so happy he tackled her to the ground and licked her face all over.

“Okay, Spike! Okay! I’m glad to see you too!”


Fluttershy pulled Spike off of her, and the others helped her to her feet.

“Twily, I’m so glad you’re okay.” said Shining Armor. “We all are…” added Cadance “And I’m really glad you beat that imposter of me. The whole school knows that it wasn’t me either.”

“Yeah…” Twilight said “But still, my laptop. All that work… so many years… so many projects… all lost in one split second.”


The others felt pity for her, especially Rainbow as she was the one who blasted the laptop. “I just did what I had to do.” she said.

“Right, Rainbow…” said Sunset “If Vulcan had gotten the files, he could’ve found out all our secrets, or worse; find where our base is.”

“If he got all that… then,
He would bust us wide open.” said Rhymey.


Twilight smiled weakly, “I understand, and I guess it was for the best. I’ll just retype all my projects up again, and I can download copies from the base.”


“There, you see… maybe it wasn’t so bad after all.” said Buddy.

“And besides…” added Fluttershy “You’re safe too. That means a lot to us.”

The others all nodded, and Twilight felt very touched. “Thanks… all of you.”

Author's Note:

Twilight may be playing the Damsel in Despair a bit, but it helps the plot go along.

She's just no fighter like the actual Starfleet fighters, or the rangers. it