• Published 12th Jan 2017
  • 1,500 Views, 101 Comments

POWER RANGERS STARFLEET (Starfleet Humans:) - DakariKingMykan



Several of the humans from Equestria Girls/Starfleet Humans team up to fight an evil planet broker

  • ...
145
 101
 1,500

Episode 5: Musical Workout

Author's Note:

This goes to all the people who have been or are planning to get up my butt lately about my style of writing, and insulting me about my ways and my supposed ways (That you THINK are real)

If you honestly think a whole bunch of down votes and crummy reviews are going to get me to stop making MY fic MY way the way I PREFER it (So I don't have to put up with much of the garbage I've seen on TV and other stories these days...)

...Ha!

(Respond to this in your comments with any of the same old insults or non-helpful advice, and you will be ignored)

EPISODE FIVE

Vulcan was doing some basic warmups to help him get into better shape and even out all the cramps and stiffness he had suffered from being locked up for five centuries. Every other single monster in the prison, not even Marla, Bronc nor Keto had been locked up as long as he had.

He even used the monitors to hack into TV-satellites and watch workout shows to help him keep up a good routine.

“You’re doing it!” the TV instructor said “You’re becoming mighty. Pump those guns.”

Vulcan stretched out, and twisted about as the people on the show did. “Yes… Yes!!” he shouted “I can feel the burn!” he literally could feel it as his hair burned a bright yellow, and his scaly skin sweat.

He was really starting to believe he felt ready for a challenge, when something went pop inside him, and he held his aching back. “A’RGH!! My back!” he groaned.

Keto heard him and rushed in, “Master Vulcan. Hang on sir…” he waved his cane and produced a new Mugic, “Song of Resurgense.”

The power of the melody magically took away the pain from Vulcan’s back, but that was about all it could do. “Thank you…” Vulcan said, rather gruffly “Say, what else can your Mugics do?”

“Nothing really much.” replied Keto “They can make creatures grow, heal them slightly or even power them up, but I can only use so many Mugics at a time. Besides, it’s been a long time since I’ve used most of them; ever since Starfleet locked me up for fifty years. I’m still a little out of touch.”

Despite those warings, Vulcan already had an idea, an idea so wicked that he snickered softly which grew into a maniacal laugh.”


“Sir…?” Keto called to him “Are you alright?”

Vulcan stopped laughed and glared down at him wickedly “I’m more than alright… but the rangers soon won’t be.”


(Que Intro)


The rangers and their fellow students were in P.E that day, doing track and field events to help work on their physical efforts. The rangers thought this an excellent chance to beef up their training and to keep fit for when they had to rush into action.

There was lap running, hurdle jumping, and even shotput throwing and high jumping.

Most of the rangers did excel at the events with ease, especially Rainbow Dash. Running the laps and jumping the hurdles were her favorite kind of events.


Fluttershy, however… she didn’t really do so well. She often got really nervous when in P.E class, despite her Friendship abilities and Ranger powers, and all she had been through… it wasn’t quite the same.

She didn’t run as fast in the racing events. She got the worst timing. She tripped over the hurdles. She could barely find the strength to even pick the shotput put and just drop it in front of her, let alone throw it far, much to the other students’ humor as they laughed at her.


Easily, the most embarrassing was the high-jump. The other rangers managed to leap gracefully and successfully over the bar set at high points, but Fluttershy, her nerves got to her again with everyone watching her. She ran as fast as she could, but all she could hear were people making fun of her, even though no one was saying anything, and she crashed into the bar instead of jumping over it, and it was set the lowest possible level so pretty much ANYONE could jump over it too, while

The rangers sighed and groaned at her fumble, while the rest of the class laughed at her. Then the insults started to fly.

“Look at the so-called pink ranger now.”

“If she can handle scary monsters, why can she handle a simple jump?”


Fluttershy felt so embarrassed she had nearly forgotten how to move, or even blink her eyes.



The gym coach blew his whistle at everyone, “Alright, alright! That’s enough! Everyone hit the showers. Class is up for the day.”

As the students all headed for the locker rooms, the other rangers helped Fluttershy up, giving her sympathy.

“Don’t let them get to you, Fluttershy. You tried hard…” said Sunset.

Fluttershy didn’t feel any better.


As the rangers went off to hit the showers, the coach called to Fluttershy, “Can I speak with you a moment please?”

Fluttershy squeaked nervously…

The coach was not mad at her, but deeply concerned, “It really pains me to tell you this, but your P.E grades aren’t looking very good, and if you don’t start improving your stats I’m afraid I’m going to have to transfer you to a different class.”


The other rangers all gasped.


“Transfer me?” squeaked Fluttershy “You mean… to a special class?”

“I’m afraid so…” replied the coach, and he held out a pamphlet of the special class he would send her too called “Division of Underachieving Minors.”

“D-U-M…?” Buddy Rose asked in concern, “You mean Fluttershy will be… Dumb?”

“It’s not even spelled right, there’s no B.” Rainbow pointed out, but regardless of whether it was spelled right Fluttershy was already on the verge of tears. “But… but I…?”

“It’s for your own good, Fluttershy.” the coach assured her, “To be honest, I’m not even sure how you make it as a ranger.” and then he left.


Fluttershy couldn’t only gaze at the pamphlet as, her hands quivering nervously as she just read those large letters … D-U-M…! “I don’t want to be dumb!” she cried.

“You’re not dumb, Fluttershy.” said Sunset.

“Yeah…” added Rainbow “Besides, you’re always great in action when we’re in battle.”

Fluttershy shook her head, “It’s not the same. Then there’s no so many people watching me, and I know all of you are counting on me which helps me, but here… I just feel everyone watching me, expecting me to mess up… and I do.”

All she could hear were those insults echoing in her head combined with people laughing, and then she remembered what the coach just said. This was making her begin to doubt her abilities as a ranger.


Rhymey hated to see his girlfriend so distraught and upset.


In the Boy’s showers, he and Buddy Rose went last as usual, so not to be with all the others boys snooping around to learn other things about their being rangers-- where their base was, who the brains were behind it all and that stuff.

As he and Buddy washed up…

“How could people say that stuff to her?
She is a wonderful girl, and a fine ranger.”


“Well yeah, but she didn’t really do so well in class.” Buddy said “She never was one for athletics and stuff. Remember the Friendship Games…?

Rhymey did recall the events then…

Though Fluttershy tired her best, and while she did excel in the academic features, she always ended up in last place in every single athletic game and event due to her Scopophobia-- a fear of being watched-- which caused her to miss, trip, stumble, and fall every time.


“And besides…” Buddy pointed out “Think of this, we all became rangers only because we were the only ones left who didn’t get hit in that explosion.

I’m not trying to open a can of worms here, but those are the facts.”


Rhymey couldn’t deny that either, but this only made him more than determined to help Fluttershy out.




It was only a half day, and school was out before lunch, as the faculty had to make discussions regarding Celestia’s upcoming maternity leave which would start soon, which meant they needed find a temporary Principal.


Rhymey had gotten permission to set up some equipment in the track field, while the others were literally dragging her out.

“Come… on, Fluttershy!” Rainbow grumbled as she dragged the “This practice will do you a world of good.” added Sunset.

“I can’t… I just can’t.”

“It’s either that, you’ll be dumb, remember!” said Rainbow, but that only made Fluttershy cringe even harder, and more determined now to run away so she wouldn’t have to even think about P.E, or any special class, and especially no one having to watch her fall.


Rhymey didn’t like the way they were treating her and he stepped in.


“Fluttershy, I know this is frightening to you,
And it’s something you’re uncomfortable to do.
But while all others wish to laugh and shout,
We just want to help you out.
So you won’t have to held back,
We can bring your grades up to the rest of the pack,
And I ask you calm and nicely,
Will you try… for us… and me?”


Something about the pureness of his rhymes and the honesty and belief in his voice always warmed her inside, and she couldn’t refuse, especially seeing as all her friends wanted to help out.

“Oh… okay…”

Rhymey smiled lovingly at her, and the others thought it was a very sweet moment.




Elsewhere, a sinister moment was happening…


Keto appeared in a dark alley a few blocks away from Canterlot High, and with him was a rather skinny and wimpy creature, wearing a and green and yellow jump-like suit, and his head was that of a bald headed, pointed eared, and barely visible facial features, his name was Stump, and it was aptly named for him as well.

Despite he was a criminal and despite being locked up for crimes he committed, he had been stripped of all his weapons and powers ages ago, and now he seemed nothing more than a mere weakling, hardly capable of walking and chewing gun at the same time.

“You sure this is great idea?” Stump asked.

“Oh, stop whimpering already!” grumbled Keto “With the help of my Mugic, you’ll be stronger and greater for the first time in… well… ever! The rangers will never even know where you’re getting your powers from anyway if I stay out of sight.”

Stump still didn’t feel so optimistic, but he reluctantly agreed to go along with the plan.



Back in the schoolyard, Fluttershy already changed into her training outfit. The others changed as well, and Twilight and Spike sat on the sidelines to act ad judges to calculate flaws in performances.

While Spike napped beside her, Twilight was scribbling down sketches of the field, as well as angles and trajectories. “Ready when you guys are.”


Sunset nodded, “Okay, now each of us will go first. Then you try and do exactly as we do, Fluttershy.”

“Um… okay.”


The first event was a simple lap around the track. “And… GO!” shouted Twilight as she clicked her stopwatch, and the rangers took off across the field… and Fluttershy was in last place right from the get-go, despite her natural magical skills would make her fast, she kept glancing over at Twilight watching her, expecting her to do good, which slowed her down.


Then they all tried wall jumping, and Twilight showed Fluttershy a sketch she had drawn, “If you pick up enough speed, and jump right here at this point, you should make it over.”


The others rangers ran, leapt and made it over the wall flawlessly, but Fluttershy… she got her running speed right, but then her mind went back to Twilight and the others watching her… which made her forget to jump!

CRASH!! Right through the boards, much to the others shock. Fluttershy didn’t even feel the pain from impact due to her magical strength…but she looked back at the hole shaped like herself in the wall, “Oops!” she pepped. Her cheeks went bright red.

The others only sighed.


Rainbow decided to try and get a little tough with her and acted like a drill coach. “Okay, here’s the deal.” she said, “You are going to listen to what I say, but not watch me. Then maybe you can think about what’s coming ahead instead what’s around you.”

Fluttershy only trembled softly.

“Um, Rainbow… that’s not helping.” said Sunset.

“Oh, sure it is.” retorted Rainbow, and then she practically yelled at Fluttershy “Now you get in there and show ‘em what your made of!”

Fluttershy walked silently and twiddling her fingers to the starting point of the obstacle course that was setup…

....Swinging punch bags, tire-hoping, a net climb, and finally a zip slide onto a huge, cushy inflatable mat.

The best record so far by any student was thirty-five seconds.

“Ready, Fluttershy?” Twilight called. Fluttershy nervously gulped!

“Ready… GO!!”


Fluttershy took off, and her entire run was a disaster…

The punch bags bumped her around like a pinball, back and forth, back and forth…

She tripped over the tires, twice…

She could barely find her footing in the net, and wound up climbing very slowly…

Finally, the zip-line-- she lost her grip half way through and ended up falling face-first in the sand below!


The others winced when she fell, and Rainbow smacked her forehead in dismay.


Fluttershy wasn’t hurt, but she couldn’t stand this any longer. “It’s just no use!” she cried “I can’t do any of this stuff right.”

“That’s nonsense-talk!” thundered Rainbow “We didn’t coach you to be a quitter! We didn’t help you so you could be transferred to some “Dumb” class… even if it’s not spelled right!”

“Um… Rainbow…” Buddy tried to cut in to get her to stop shouting.

“Are you saying that after everything we’ve done to help you, you’re just going to give it all up… JUST LIKE THAT?!!”

“YE-E-ES!!” Fluttershy sobbed. Her tears were cascading down her face, and she ran of crying and humiliated!

“Fluttershy, No!
Don’t go!” Rhymey called.

He was very annoyed with how Rainbow had just acted and gave her an angry stare before running off after his girlfriend!

Even the others weren’t very pleased with Rainbow overdoing it, and Rainbow herself regretted her actions, “I guess… maybe I did go a little too far.”

The others all sighed.


That’s when Spike yawned and stretched out, “So what did I miss?” he asked, but he soon could tell he missed a lot… the way the others gawked at him and questioned how he could’ve slept through all that.

“We better go find, Fluttershy.” said Sunset.

“I’ll head back to the base and see if I can track her.” said Twilight, and she scooped Spike up into her knapsack before running off for the nearest jump tube.

“Come on, let’s go.” said Buddy, and he and the others ran off.



Rhymey ran down the streets, knowing Fluttershy couldn’t have gotten too far, the way she ran in her current state.





He found her, sitting on the ground behind a large garbage dumpster, weeping miserably into her hands. It broke his heart seeing her like this.

“Fluttershy,
…Please don’t cry.”


She looked up at him with cascading tears on her face. “I just can’t do it, Rhymey.” she sobbed, “I’m supposed to be a Power Ranger, and a Starfleet/Friendship fighter, and I can’t even pass P.E.

I’m always going to be just a whimpering school-girl.”

Her confidence was really shot by this whole ordeal, it was obvious.

Rhymey sighed softly and sat next to her,

“You are a marvellous warrior, anyone can tell,
And there still many other things that you do well.
There are many things even I cannot do,
But I don’t let them get me, and neither should you.”

He lifted up her head looking her deep in the eyes…


Suddenly, their moment was broken by someone calling to them, “Oh, how sweet.”


They looked ahead and saw a monster-- Stump-- glaring at them.

Rhymey bolted upright and stood in front of the Fluttershy, while she, still shaken from her weariness and sadness, hid behind him.


“My name is Stump, and I’ll be the one who’ll be destroying you now.”

Rhymey noted his weak stature, and couldn’t help but chuckle.

“You think you can beat us alone?
Look at you, all skin and bone.”


Stump was not amused…


…and Keto peeked round from within an alley hissing softly, “That can all be changed…” and he conjured up a Mugic, “Song of Fury!”



The Mugic appeared over Stump and began to play.


“That’s a Mugic!” cried Fluttershy, and she noted the different song it was playing…

…that was when Stump began to grow seemingly more muscular, more powerful than he was before. Even his voice went from dumpy to deep and frightful. “Yeah, now that’s more like it.” he snickered as he flexed his muscles.

“Uh, oh!” cried Flutershy.

Rhymey clenched his fists. “Let’s go.” he rhymed.

Fluttershy rubbed her eyes dry and then proudly stood by her boyfriend. “Okay, I’m ready… It’s Morphin’ Time!”


“STARFLEET MAGIC… POWER ON!!”


Once they were morphed, they summoned their weapons.

“Raid Blade!”

“Strong Shield!”


“Lingos!” shouted Stump, and he was joined by a huge swarm “Now, get them!”


Rhymey and Fluttershy charged at the Lingos, Rhymey hacked and sliced his way through the creatures, and Fluttershy used her shield to block attacks, and kicked and punched the creatures away.


Rhymey noticed she was dodging their attacks like the swinging punching bags that hit her on the course, but she dodged the attacks like an expert.


Half the Lingos were already down, but Keto decided to kick things up a bit and launched another Mugic, “Song of Focus!”

The Lingos were bathed in the magical music, and their red eyes flashed brightly with more focus, and they lunged at the rangers with more fury than ever, and the rangers found it harder to land any hits on them, or defend themselves.

Rhymey took a swing with his sword, but missed as the Lingos dodged and then double-punched him hard.


“Rhymey!” cried Fluttershy, but then she got kicked in the arm, losing her shield, and then was grabbed by the arm and swung hard into a wall.

“They’ve never been this strong before!” she called over to Rhymey.

Rhymey agreed, and they both knew it was the Mugics that were doing this, but where were they coming from? Right now that was the least of their worries, especially since the monster himself was ready for a brawl.

“Let’s get busy!” he sneered as he pounded his strong fists together, and hit the rangers with huge punches, knocking them clear across the road like baseballs at a park.

“Wow, this feels incredible!” said Stump, and then he charged at the two rangers for more.

“Look out!” cried Fluttershy, and she and Rhymey rolled out of the way causing Stump to miss.

Rhymey then hit his morpher and contacted the other rangers…


“Mayday! Mayday!
Rangers, help us right away!”

He gave the coordinates…


“Hang tight! We’re on our way!” Sunset responded.


“Nothing will save you Rangers now!” growled Stump, and he turned to eye at Fluttershy. She wasn’t willing to give up so easily. “I’ll show you!” she sneered and tried punching and kicking him, only for Stump to block her every attack with his huge fists.

“Uh, oh!”

“My turn now…!” growled Stump and he gave chase with Fluttershy running fast.

Rhymey tried to run and help her, but the Lingos jumped him and held him back.


Fluttershy was forced to keep running, faster then she had all day, and she leapt up, up right high onto the roof of a small shop.

Stump leapt up high onto the roof as well and cracked his huge knuckles, “Nowhere to run now little pink!”

Fluttershy was scared, but she still tried her best to fight him off, punching and kicking, while Stump dodged and swerved about to avoid and block her hits, and he punched her hard making sparks fly and sent her rolling along the roof and stopping near a transformer.



Rhymey took a huge swing with his sword, slashing the Lingos out of his way.

“Oh, my…!
…Fluttershy!!” he called up onto the roof.


Stump stomped right towards Fluttershy snickering wickedly.


Rhymey wanted to jump up and help her, but a few more Lingos held him back.


Keto watched everything from the alley and was most amused, “This is it…” he muttered to himself as he gazed up on the roof “Finish her off!”


Stump pounded his huge fists together, “Say goodbye!” he thundered and then swung his fists back, but Fluttershy could already see her chance, and she leapt up high and over him, causing Stump to drive his fist hard into the transformer, shocking him, jolting him, making huge flows of sparks and explosions.


“Oh, no!” cried Keto.


Fluttershy landed safely on the roof. “Wow, that comes as a shock.” she joked, “and so does this…! KEE-YA!” Executing a powerful jump-kick, she booted him right off the roof and sent him crashing down hard into the street below.


As for the last of the Lingo’s, Rhymey knocked them all into one place…

“Once and for all,
You villains shall fall!” he snarled at them and he activated his sword’s charge mode.

“Raid Blade… Engage!”


His sword glowed brightly as he spun around on one foot in a pirouette, and then gave a single slash, unleashing a wave of Lightning at the creatures, destroying them in an explosion.



The other rangers, in their ranger suits, finally made it on the scene. “Whoa, what happened here?” asked Rainbow.

“Hey look…” Buddy said pointing up on the roof, where he and the others saw Fluttershy leap off the roof and land gracefully to the ground. She didn’t even flinch or seem the least bit scared.

“Looks, like Rhymey and Fluttershy handled It.” said Sunset.


Stump groaned as he lay on the ground, struggling to get up, but flopped down flat.


“You may as well give up.” Fluttershy said sharply to the fallen monster “No what do you say. Come quietly, or do we get rougher?”

Stump felt too sore to answer… until another Mugic began to play-- the Song of Resurgance-- and as his body glowed in the light as the tune played his injuries healed and regained strength. He laughed as he got back onto his feet, “How about you give up, or I’ll get tough?”


“What happened?” asked Sunset “Where did that Mugic come from?”


“I can answer that…” hissed a voiced. The rangers looked and saw someone walked out form an alley-- a stumpy little man wearing a mages costume and carrying a small staff in one hand and a spell book in the other.


“Who are you supposed to be?” asked Buddy Rose.

“Name’s Don K. Keto, Master Mugician and humble servant to Master Vulcan; but just call me Keto.

Many decades ago, in the Dimensional Universe, though I seem small in stature, as a Mugician I was able to use my powers to gain anything I desired from anyone-- I stole from women and children, I robbed a few intergalactic banks-- my life was perfect and rich, until Starfleet interfered and sent me to prison.”

“Well pack up your bag of tricks shorty, because we’re sending you right back to jail!” sneered Rainbow.

Keto chuckled “Really…”


“Yes, really…” said Sunset, and she and the rangers got out their weapons, and were about to from the Star Slammer.

“I don’t think so…” Keto hissed as he conjured another mugic, “Refrain of Denial!”


As the song played, the rangers’ weapons stopped glowing and didn’t combine.

“No way!” cried Buddy.

“What the hey…?!” rhymed Rhymey.


Sunset remembered her magical studies of mugic, “Refrain of Denial: It has the power to negate special effects of weapons and spells.”


Keto and Stump laughed at the rangers. “So you studied mugic, huh?” Keto teased “Well here’s one I’m certain you’re all familiar with.” he looked over at Stump “You ready…?”

“You bet!”


“I think our problems are about to get bigger!” cried Fluttershy.

She was right as Keto conjured not one but two of the same mugic, “Fortissimo!”

The magic caused both Keto and Stump to grow really big and tall.

“Ah, yeah, this is the stuff.” boomed Stump, and Keto stretched his long arms out, and then he looked down at the tiny rangers. “I wonder what little squashed rangers will be like.” he joked, and he raised his huge staff to swat them like flies.

“Watch it!” shouted Sunset, and she and the rangers all dodged. Sunset then quickly hit her morpher contacting the base, “Launch Star-Jets!”

“Summon Zords!”


Keto wasn’t able to negate the summoning of the zords, and soon the jets had arrived and the rangers beamed into their cockpits. “It’s time to shine!” shouted Sunset.

The jets hadn’t combined yet as the rangers didn’t feel quite ready. So they zoomed past the two villains, flying over, and around them in furious angles.


“So, you wanna play, huh?!” thundered Stump and he swung his large arms to swipe at the oncoming jets, barely missing.

“Whoa!” shouted Rainbow “Bad move, big boy! Take this!”

“I’m with you, Rainbow.” Called buddy, and they fired their jets’ lasers, hitting Stump full blast in a shower of sparks and small explosions.


The other three jets headed straight for Keto.

“Time to fight,
So say goodnight!” hollered Rhymey as he flew past him, nearly knocking his large hat off, and the girls fired missiles, but he swung his staff like a baseball bat, hitting them hard and making them explode before reaching him.

“I don’t believe it!” cried Sunset.


Keto laughed and shouted, “Oh, yeah… well believe THIS then-- Song of Ember Nova!”

“Ember Nova…?! That’s an Attack Mugic!” cried Sunset, and as the music started playing, fireballs began to appear like loaded weapons. “Everybody look out!” but Keto already launched the flame balls. There were so many flame balls that the rangers couldn’t hope to dodge them all!

Their jets were bombarded hard, and all the rangers felt themselves tumbling and being rocked about and nearly losing control of their jets.

“Oh, that is IT!!” snarled Fluttershy, and she rushed her jet straight forth.

Stump lunged forth, “Come here you!” he roared as he swung his fists about, but Fluttershy pulled back on her steering and swerved skillfully out of the way.

“Hey! Hold still!” thundered Stump, and he swung again only to miss as Fluttershy swerved. “Okay, that’s it!” shouted Stump, and he leapt up to tackle the jet as it zoomed by, only to miss and crash right into Keto. The two villains fell to the ground.

“Hey!”

“Get off me!”

“I’m trying!”


“Way to go, Fluttershy!” said Rainbow.


Fluttershy could only gawk in disbelief muttering “Wow, I can’t believe I just did that.”


“Okay, guys, let’s bring them together.” said Sunset, and the others agreed.


“Zords Combine!”

“Jet-Star Megazord… Ready!”


The two villains finally managed to scramble to their feet, only to see the Megazord standing and bopping its metal fists ready to fight.

“One target instead of five…? No problem.” Stump snickered, and he cockily lunged forth to attack, when suddenly, about halfway across he began to feel strange, and in a bright flash he lost his extra strength and powers, reverting to his normal skinny self, and he crashed right into the megazord, ricocheting right off it.

“Hey! What happened to my awesome strength?” he whined.

“The mugic wore off…” said Keto “I’ll fix that though,” but as he waved his staff to try and restore Stump’s power… nothing happened, hardly even a few flickers. “Uh, oh…!”

“What? What gives?”

“Oh, no!” cried Keto “I’ve used so much Mugic, my power’s running too low.”


The rangers were delighted to hear this. “You two want power… you got it.” Sunset called to them “Draw the saber!”


“Star Saber… Engage!”


Stump, knowing he didn’t have a chance, cowardly hid behind Keto.

“Hey, don’t hide behind me!” Keto shouted, and the two struggled in a disagreement, while the rangers finished powering the saber, and Sunset called, “Star Slash… Go!” and the megazord slashed, sending the power-star forth.

“Whoa!” Keto cried a she leapt aside, and Stump got hit by the force. “SOME HELP YOU WERE!!” he thundered at Keto before he exploded!

Then, the megazord turned to face Keto to make it two-for-two, but Keto could tell, what with his power weak and the megazord still strong, he would have to run. “You got lucky today… but there’s always next time!”

He activated his teleporter and was gone.


“Ah, nuts, that was our chance to get him!” groaned Buddy.

“We’ll get him someday.” said Sunset, and then for the monment they rejoiced their victory as they beamed their latest capture into the cockpit, sphere and all. “Monster Captured! Mission Complete!”




Vulcan saw everything on his screen, and angrily pounded the console roaring like a tiger. “Blast those rangers!!”

In his fit, he popped another stiff muscle, which made him angrier than ever. “Just you wait until I get you back here KETO!!” he thundered as he walked off riving and thrashing in rage, even shoving the Lingos aside as he went.


“I sure don’t want to be in Keto’s shoes when he comes back.” said Bronc.

Marla sighed with pity, “Poor little guy, I almost actually feel sorry for him.”



The next day, in P.E, the Coach made the students do the same exercising events from yesterday, and also set up the obstacle course. All the students did well, and then it came down to Fluttershy.

“Ahem… any time you’re ready…” he said with a sarcastic tone.


Fluttershy took her place at the start to run her lap, and when the coach yelled “Go!” she tore across the field flawlessly, and didn’t slow down a bit, much to the Coach and Students’ surprise.

At the hurdle jumping, she never tripped once.

She threw the shotput much further than half the class. Not the furthest of all, but enough to pass.

Then came the high jump, and as the students prepared to lower the bar to the lowest setting, “Leave it where it is!” she called over to them.

“But it’s on the highest level.” the coach reminded her.

“Just leave it!” Fluttershy sneered at him, and she charged forth and leapt majestically, soaring over the bar.


The rangers cheered for joy while everyone else was silent and shocked.

Nevertheless, the coach did have to give her a good passing grade, and while all the other students hit the shower at the end of the period, the rangers cheered and huddled around Fluttershy.

“That was incredible.” cried Sunset.

“How did you do it?” asked Buddy.

Fluttershy explained to them, “Well, this may sound silly, but I was really just thinking of the battle.”

While she ran, jumped and did everything else, she imaged the monster and the Lingos were attacking or chasing her, and that she was trying to outrun, escape, and fire at them, and that everyone was counting on her to save the island.

“…And it worked, I didn’t think of anyone laughing at me at all.”

The others were very impressed, and Rainbow shyly stepped forth, “Um… Fluttershy, I’d like to apologize.”

“What for…?”

“For putting all that pressure on you, and yelling in your face like that. Can you forgive me?”

She said nothing, but smiled and hugged her friend, much to the Aww of everyone. Then they all decided to hit the showers, but Fluttershy and Rhymey stood in the empty gym taking a moment alone.

Rhymey gazed lovingly into her eyes,

“You may be nervous and timid a lot,
But you have courage and strength too,
No matter what anyone else may have or got,
Know this Fluttershy… I always believe in you.”


She blushed, and turned bashfully away for a moment, but she was smiling. “Thank you, Rhymey…” and she leaned forward and pecked his check, and turned to walk to the girls’ locker room, but Rhymey softly held her hand and gently pulled her back towards him, capturing her lips with his.

She was at first surprised a bit, but closed her eyes, and curled her arms round his neck enjoying the embrace…

…Until the Coach blew his whistle at them. “Break it up, you-two… you’ll be late for your next class.”

The couple shared a small laugh.