• Published 12th Jan 2017
  • 1,500 Views, 101 Comments

POWER RANGERS STARFLEET (Starfleet Humans:) - DakariKingMykan



Several of the humans from Equestria Girls/Starfleet Humans team up to fight an evil planet broker

  • ...
145
 101
 1,500

Episode 10: the High and the Flighty

Author's Note:

Excluding this author's note...

-This ep had over 7500 words, WAY too much, so I widdled it down to a near exceptable length, but it wasn't easy (Had to cut so many parts, but it's the rule)

-Between working on this, Teen Titan Idol (A fan-made commercial for it) Super Pay Cards, and playing Hyrule Warriors... it's very strenuous to balance this all out.

EPISODE TEN

Hawaii, almost twenty-five hundred miles away the U.S Coast…

Molt: A muscular creature with shiny red skin, positivity hot to the touch, and he had the power to absorb forms of heat to create molten lava attacks

Vulcan had sent Molt to Hawaii on a special mission, to gather special energy emitted from the lava within the volcanos all over the islands, and assisting him were Lingos wearing special heatproof suits that Bronc had designed for them.

“Come on, you louses, move it! Keep that energy coming.” shouted Molt as he absorbed more energy for the Lingos to store in special containers to take back with them to Vulcan. “Steady there now. We haven’t got all day!”


Unfortunately, their interference and tampering with the molten craters caused even the most long-dormant volcanos to come to life again, threatening to erupt and destroy all of Hawaii.

The rumbling already made the islands start to shake, and all the people, tourists and locals were falling into a panic, but there was already no time to evacuate everyone as those volcanoes would blow within minutes.


As molt and the Lingos watched the people panic, Molt couldn’t help but laugh, “Run all you like, no one can save you!”

“No one but us you hothead!”

Molt turned and saw the rangers all standing together, having just arrived in their star-jets after receiving the alert.

“You made a big mistake coming here, rangers.” snarled Molt, “I’ll make sure you never leave here alive… GET THEM!!”

The Lingos that were empty handed began to rush the rangers while the others all teleported back to Vulcan’s tower with the energy they had stolen.

“Go guys!” shouted Sunset, and the battle was on, and all at the same time the volcanoes were dangerously close to erupting!


(Que Intro)


The rangers fought valiantly, punching, kicking and knocking all the Lingos out of their way.

“These guys just never learn.” remarked Buddy

“Too bad for them.” added Rainbow “Now for Flame over there!”


Molt scoffed, “Speaking of flames, take this!” and he drew in a huge breath and unleashed a barrage of molten-fireballs, striking the rangers hard and knocking them over.

“What a shot!
That was hot!” groaned Rhymey.


Molt laughed, “Not hot enough, eh? Well, take another blast!” and he unleashed another wave of fireballs. “No!!” shouted Fluttershy as she leapt in front of everyone with her shield ready, “Strong Sheild, show your stuff!” she said as she charged her weapon.

“Strong Shield… Engage!”

Her shield began to glow with a bright pink light.

“Hey, what’s that?” shouted Molt, but he got his answer as his fireballs hit the shield and were actually absorbed and repelled back hard, along with a strong burst of power from the shield itself.

“Alright, it’s time to shine!” hollered Sunset “Bring the weapons together!”

“Weapons Combine!”

“Star Slammer, Ready!”


Molt got up angrily and roared, “The Heat is on!” but then he saw the rangers standing together with their Star Slammer ready “…Or not.”

“STAR SLAMMER… ULTRA STRIKE!!”

The rangers struck Molt hard, “WHOA!! TOO HOT TO HANDLE…!!” Molt shouted, and he exploded and was imprisoned. However, the volcanoes were going crazy as black smoke started to spout from their mouths, and the very islands themselves began t quiver.


“The volcanoes…! They’re going to erupt!” cried Fluttershy.

“The lava will flow for miles insight,
They’ll destroy everything in a fiery might.” said Rhymey.


Back at the base, Twilight was working up all her calculations and trajectories of the area, combining with what information and knowledge she had of geology and volcanic-activity.

“Those mountains are going to blow any second!” cried Spike.

Twilight and Celesto ignored his whining and continued to observe and Twilight finished her computations. “Okay rangers, listen…” Twilight called into the radio “Once you get into your Star-Jets, there are two sections that need to be covered; you need to plug the lava flow from the mouth of the volcanoes, and but you also need to disrupt a series of gas-pockets under the sea. I’m sending you the coordinates!”

Each of the rangers understood the instructions, and called for their jets which were hiding nearby.

Once they beamed inside their cockpits, “Okay, let’s split up…” said Sunset, “Fluttershy and Rhymey, you two take care of the gas-pockets in the water. Buddy and Rainbow, you’re with me, we’ll plug up those volcanoes.”


The rangers all agreed and split up.


Rhymey and Fluttershy headed out to sea and steered their jets into the water-- it was a good thing they were made to do so.

Fluttershy was a little scared at first, especially by the impact, but once the view was clear she gazed in awe at the ocean all around her. “It looks just as beautiful when we last saw it.”

Rhymey, keeping in contact with her agreed,

“I feel the same way too,
But now we have a job to do.”


They split up, steering their jets to their respective destinations.



Meanwhile, the others were hovering near the smoking volcanoes, and using their missiles and lasers, they fired into the mouths of the volcanoes, blasting the rock walls inside and creating massive rock-slides that fell over the lava, blocking the flow.

This did help simmer things down, but not by enough as the pressure was still growing beneath the blockage.


Fortunately, Rhymey and Fluttershy came across flat areas on the seabed, honeycombed with pockets of gases and air flows below the surface that actually fed all the way to the volcanoes.

As instructed, Rhymey and Fluttershy fired their lasers at the grounds, blowing them wide open into fissures-- much like poking a hole through a gas-line-- at once the gases ruptured and blew the water into furious geysers that shot out through the waves of the surface, but nothing too harmful or serious.


With that, the volcanoes stopped erupting. The geysers were still blowing from the sea but would eventually burn themselves out, and nothing bad would happen.


The Hawaiians all rejoiced that their home was saved thanks to the rangers, and the rangers all rejoiced as well for a job well done.


Celesto was very proud of them. “Well done, Rangers; mission complete. Return to base.”



Meanwhile, Vulcan was surprisingly calm despite that Molt had been captured. “This volcanic energy is what we really wanted anyway.” he hissed as he watched the Lingos unload it all into a special generator he had hauled out.

“I don’t get it…” said Marla “What do we want all this energy for anyway?”

Bronc whapped her upside the head,

“Ow!”

“We already explained this… it’s for a special project we’re working on; One that will surely bring the rangers to their knees; correct, master?”

Vulcan nodded in agreement, “Unfortunately, this volcanic-energy, powerful as it is, will not suffice. We require another boost of power from a different kind of energy, and not just any kind; something really big, something extreme…”


He then silently thought, “There’s also something else I can use this energy for. Most likely it won’t be needed, but it’s best to be thorough.”

The minions wondered what he was thinking, but didn’t dare ask, seeing the kind of mood he was in. for now, all they could do was wonder where what other source of energy they needed for their project… and where to get it from.



Meanwhile, the rangers were well on their way back to Mystic Island to bring in their catch and to refuel and prep their jets for the next battle.


“Hey, I’m getting something on radar.” said Buddy “…A whole fleet of ships ahead on the water.”


Everyone else got the same blips on their radars. “Hey, I bet it’s the U.S.N Sentinel.” said Rainbow, “Many of their patrol ships come out in this area every day to watch out for potential threats.”

“She is right,
And soon we’ll be in sight.” said Rhymey.

Fluttershy felt very nervous and whimpered “Maybe… maybe we should alter course. I mean, what if they see us? What if they think we’re enemies?”


The rangers all felt that was a possibility, but their current course was the fastest and shortest possible way to get home, and already having used up plenty of power form their getting to Hawaii and the battle and chaos, they didn’t want use up any more without taking too big a risk.

“Well, they can’t track us with their equipment.” said Sunset “Let’s try and fly a bit higher so they won’t see us themselves.”


Agreeing, the rangers made their jets soar up high…but it was already too late!


Onboard the mother-ship, the commander and his crew had already seen the Star-Jets with specialized telescopes. “What sort of vehicles are those?” the commander asked “I’ve never seen anything like them.”

The men and women tried and tried to lock onto the mysterious vessels, but their best tracking equipment came up blank. “It’s no good, sir…” said the lieutenant “Whatever those craft are they don’t show on radar.”

“Have you managed to make any radio contact with them?”

“None sir… We can’t seem to get onto their frequency.”

The commander was starting to feel a little uneasy about this. He knew Washington hadn’t scheduled any target practice for the fleet, and no government agency he knew of could have possibly designed such unusual craft.

He could only assume the worst! “It must a surprise hostile attack from a foreign country. All hands, level-one battle stations. Arm all warheads!”

The ship alarms sounded as all air-missiles were aimed on their launchers and ready.

The rangers of course were much too far away to see, or hear anything that was going on.


“Fire one and two…!” Two small but powerful armed missiles were launched from the first ship and headed straight for the star-jets…


The rangers’ warning alert sounded. “Missiles!” cried Sunset!

“Look out!” shouted Rainbow!

The missiles got closer, and the rangers swerved out of the way causing them to miss, but those missiles were heart-seekers and chased after the jets.

“Sunset, on your tail!” called Buddy.

Sunset hammered on the controls all she could to shake the menacing missiles, but they kept gaining on her, until she swerved carefully downward, causing the missiles to try and follow, but ended up crashing into each other and exploding.

Everyone felt so relieved, but the danger was far from over.


“Launch missiles three and four!” shouted the commander, and two more missiles were launched.


“Scatter!” shouted Sunset, and the rangers veered their jets away, but the two missiles followed after Fluttershy.

“Help me!” she cried.

While Rhymey dashed to help his girlfriend, Sunset contacted the base to warn them of the attack!


“Can’t you just call them on the radio?” suggested Spike. “That’s impossible, Spike.” said Celesto “Our communications work on an entirely different principle.”

He then ran off to make a very quick emergency phone-call, leaving Twilight to advise the rangers.

It was out of the question for the rangers to return fire to the gunboats, or they’d be really proven to be hostiles to the men and women aboard. “Try using your weapons to blast them!” Twilight suggested.


Heeding her advice, the rangers steered and spun their jets all around to try and get the rockets in sight, while Fluttershy continued to try and dodge them.

Rhymey was closing in, diving straight down from above, and fired his lasers. Kapow! One of the missiles was destroyed, but the second one was still gaining on his girlfriend.


“Guys, heads up! More missiles!” shouted Rainbow. The oncoming rockets forced the rangers to scatter about to avoid being hit, unable to get at the missile chasing Fluttershy.

Sunset saw the missile gaining on her, and it was too close to her now to shoot without the risk of hitting the jet instead, but not wanting Fluttershy to get hit, she did the only thing she thought she could try and rammed straight onward towards the oncoming jet and missile.

“Sunset, what are you doing?!” shouted Buddy.

Rather than answer, Sunset called to Fluttershy “PULL UP!!”

Fluttershy saw Sunset coming straight at her, shrieked, and yanked on her steering gear soaring straight upward, causing the missile to lock onto Sunset’s jet and chase after her.

“SUNSET!!” everyone shouted as the watched the rocket gain on her. She tried her very best to shake it, but it was no good…!

KAPOW!! The missile struck the jet’s back end, and the force of the explosion rocked Sunset hard in the cockpit as her systems began to go haywire “I’ve been hit! I’m losing control!”

The back of her jet was blazing as she began to lose height, but still the rangers were forced to dodge the remaining missiles.


“Twilight, Sunset’s been hit… she’s losing control!” cried Fluttershy.

“We can’t shake off these other rockets.” added Rainbow.

Twilight and Spike had nearly fallen into a state of shock, but Celesto came to them “I’ve just been on the phone to Washington. Let’s hope they can stop this senseless attack!”



The commander was ordering another salvo of rockets to be fired, when the communications console went off.

“Washington, sir… emergency call.” said the lieutenant.

The message was played; “Message to sentinel commander: Stop attack immediately! Unidentified craft are Star-Jet machines belonging to the Power Rangers!”

Everyone was shocked and nearly froze with great fear and shame of their actions, especially the commander. “Quick, stop the launch, and destroy the remaining missiles!”

The remaining two missiles to automatically destroyed, but Sunset’s jet was still blazing in back and she was still losing height.

“Dear god, what have I done!” the commander murmured!


Though the attack ceased, Sunset’s jet was in bad shape. The smoke from the blazes had reached the cockpit, and even with her helmet on, it was getting hard to breathe and see.

“It’s no good, I’m losing control!”


The rangers cried out for assistance from the base, and Celesto called to them, “Sunset, bail out! Rainbow, catch her. The rest of you, use your tractor beams to guide the jet back to base!”


Sunset quickly ejected and was launched from her cockpit in her seat, and her parachute opened.

“Hang on, Sunset!” Rainbow called. Carefully parking her jet in free float, she let Sunset calmly float down. Sunset strapped herself down tightly, “Okay, go!” she called, and Rainbow steered her jet off.


Meanwhile, with no pilot, Sunset’s jet began to take a nose dive to the waters below, but the other rangers fired their tractor beams and steadied the ailing jet, and carefully guided it back to the island.


“Quick, prepare emergency landing pad.” said Celesto.


Right near the island, by the launch bay entrance in the rocky side, a large square pad stretched out from within the rock, and large foam blasters were mounted on it.


The other four Star-Jets were coming in, bringing Sunset’s flaming jet towards the pad, buut suddenly, the tractor beams began to flicker softly.

“Uh-oh…!
Power’s low!” cried Rhymey.

“Easy, guys… Don’t drop it!” shouted Buddy.

“It’s no good, I can’t hold it!” cried Fluttershy, but just as things were getting really bad, Rainbow came in and fired her own tractor beam to help stabilize the jet enough to soften the descend.

The jet then landed on the pad with a loud thud, and the flames began to spread.

“Release foam, all sections!” shouted Celesto.


While all that was going on, the other jets touched town in a clearing near the edge of the island, and Sunset hopped down from Rainbow’s jet and stared sadly through her helmet at the sight of her wrecked Star Jet.


By nightfall, all the worst was over, and the all the jets were safely back inside the hanger.

The others decided to take Sunset out for dinner, feeling it would help her stay strong.

“Are you feeling okay, Sunset?” asked Fluttershy.

“Yeah, I’m fine… just shaken.” replied Sunset “I can’t believe this happened.”

Rainbow crumpled her napkin angrily “Just let me get my hands on the sentinel commander, and to think, I used to dream about being guys like them!”

“Hey, take it easy, Rainbow.” said Buddy “Getting mad at the sentinel isn’t going to help anything.”

Rhymey agreed and said…

“We should be thankful you are alright,
All that happened gave us quite a fright.”

Sunset smiled softly that everyone was showing good care about her, and it was good to know that Celesto and his team were already working to put her jet right again, but the fact still it would require at least a week or two to make repairs. Until then, it would be impossible to form the megazord.

They just hoped they wouldn’t need it anytime soon.



At the base, Celesto had teams working in round-the-clock shifts, day shift and night shift, to repair the jet.

Professor Brain was pained that his lovely creation was attacked so senselessly.


Twilight came in to deliver him his ordered dinner from the galley. “How’s it coming, Professor?” she asked. “Oh, slowly I’m afraid, Twilight.” replied Brain “Even with our current figures and assets, it will still take quite some time.”


While the workers all did their jobs, Celesto and Spike watched from the observation deck above, and Celestia and Luna had joined them, having heard of the crisis.

“Boy, what a mess.” groaned Spike.

“I cannot believe the sentinel would do this!” said Luna. She and the others were all just as outraged as anyone, but getting angry about it wouldn’t help. The most important thing was to fix the jet and fast.

“I’ve just ordered all the new components.” said Celesto “Once they get here, my teams will have to work round the clock to fix things up.”

Spike felt a little shiver run down his spine, “Are you okay, Spike?” Celestia asked. “I’m just worried, that’s all. I mean, what if the people making all that stuff find out about us. They could find out where we’re based.”

“Oh, don’t worry about that, I took careful steps.” said Celesto “Each and every component I’ve ordered from different aircraft corporations around the world. None of them know what they’re building. It’s only when they arrive here that the puzzle unravels.”

“An excellent precaution.” commented Luna.

“Yes…” her brother-in-law said “But I just hope we get it fixed soon. I’d hate to think of what would happen if Vulcan found out about this.”

Everyone feel silently, fearing disaster if that happened! Vulcan would virtually have a free hand if he found out the megazord was inoperative!


Two days had passed, and there hadn’t been any attacks, or sign of alien activity. A good sign to everyone, and it meant the rangers could catch up on their school-work and other chores.

Twilight, being a student as well, couldn’t spend all her time lurking around at the base. She did have her homework and school assignments to work on as well, but in her every spare moment she spent the time working on her new laptop, configuring programs for the megazord.


“How’s it coming, Twilight?” Sunset had to ask.

“Well, some of the new parts have come, but the Star-Jet was damaged deeper than we thought, and more systems need replacing and reconfiguring.” replied Twilight “It could take a little longer than we thought, but we’re doing our best. Let’s just hope the megazord isn’t needed.”

Everyone was very hopeful, but rather uneased at such a thought.


At the tower, Vulcan had locked himself up in his private chamber for days, experimenting with the wads of volcanic energy obtained. He had not come out since, not even to eat… possibly he had a different metabolism so he didn’t require much sustenance like most creatures…

…Regardless, he left strict orders not to be disturbed, not for anything at all, under threat of extreme punishment!


“Ugh! It’s been two solid days!” growled Marla “I’m tired of being cooped up in here.”

Bronc looked from his tinkering and scoffed, “Well complaining about it sure isn’t going to make it any livelier.”

Marla clenched her fists and bolted upright, “That’s it! I’m going to send out a monster.”

“Don’t…!” said Keto as he stepped in front of her “You know Vulcan doesn’t like it when we just send monsters without his consent…”

“Pah…!” grunted Marla shoving him out of the way, “Like he’s even going to notice or care since he’s so wrapped up with whatever he’s doing.”

It was in vain that the boys tried to talk Marla out of it, and neither one of them dared to disturb Vulcan, but both feared and said to each other “…She’s toast.”



Nevertheless, Marla sent a random creature out, not even bothering to look at its credentials and files. She was that bored and wanted to stir some excitement.

The monster she chose was female creature called Airdrea; and she was rather ravishing creature; humanoid, with a human like face, but she had talons for feet, claws at the end of her wings like hands elegant silver wings, but the beauty was only skin deep… as she was just as ruthless as any monster, and do powerful air-attacks.


She demonstrated this by flying over the city…

People too one look at her and screamed and ran, which only amused her. “Time for some aeronautics.” she snickered, and her wings shined and she dived down, soaring past the sides of buildings and power pole, slashing at them with her wings like blades, and causing huge explosion and bits of rubble to go flying about.

Airdrea could only laugh at the destruction she was causing, and Marla applauded the joy, “Now this is what I call stirring up chaos.”


Meanwhile, thought he rangers were in separate classes that period, some were taking a test, others doing regular work, their morphers began to buzz waring them of danger.

One-by-one, each ranger excused themselves from class, though the teachers felt slightly annoyed, and many of the other students jealous that they got to leave, everyone more than understood duty was calling.

Twilight, unfortunately was the only one who couldn’t be excused so simply, and she couldn’t blow her cover and let people know she was in alliance with the rangers, all she could do was with them all luck in her mind.


Soon, the rangers, morphed, were on the scene and in time to find the streets were in such a mess; fallen lampposts, bits of broken debris, blazing cars that were smashed up…

“Oh, my goodness!” cried Fluttershy.

“Just let me get my hands on who did this!” snarled Rainbow.

Suddenly, they heard someone cackling wickedly, and they all turned round to see Airdrea glaring at them. “So, you’re the rangers… you don’t look like much to me.”

“Oh, really…?” sneered Sunset “Then I don’t think you realize what we’re really like.”


Airdrea clenched her fists, “Lingos, attack!”

A swarm of Lingos appeared and lunged for the rangers, and the fight was on.

Four of the rangers trounced the Lingos, while Sunset had smashed her way through the swarm and engaged with Airdrea.

Sunset leapt up high for a jump kick, but Airdrea put her wings out and over her like a shield. Sunset’s feet hit the wings like hitting a solid wall, “Going airborne…” said Airdrea and she flung Sunset up into the air, tumbling backward, but she landed safely on her feet.

The rangers all huddled together. “You okay, Sunset?” asked Buddy. “Don’t worry, I’m fine.” she answered.

“Ha! Not for long you won’t be. None of you will…” Airdrea sneered, and she flapped her wings hard blasting a wave of air at the rangers, that nearly blew off their feet.

“Hey, she’s gone!” cried Rainbow.

They all looked high and low, and suddenly, “LOOK OUT!!” cried Fluttershy, but Airdrea already swooped down and struck them all hard making sparks fly.


Marla jumped for joy, cheering. “This is more fun than an airshow.”


Airdrea halted in midair and zipped back striking the rangers again. “That’ll knock the wind out of you.” she laughed “And soon I’ll knock you out for good along with your entire city!”


She came round for another swoop, but this time Buddy felt ready for her, “Plasma Whip!” and he lassoed the creature by her talons. “Got’cha….Whoa… Hey…!”

He thought he had her, but Airdrea flew so hard that she dragged him along with her, way up high.

“Buddy!” shouted Sunset.

“Trying to get me by the tail, huh?” Airdrea called back to him, and she began to fly and swoop in furious circles and dives to shake him off.

Buddy groaned and fretted of being dropped from such a height, but maintained his grip tightly.

“Maybe we should try and shoot her…” suggested Rainbow, and she got her Sonic Cannon, but Rhymey heled her back saying…

“No, that won’t do.
We may hit Buddy too.”


“What can we do then?” asked Fluttershy.


Airdrea was still swerving and diving vigorously to shake Buddy off of her. “Haven’t you fallen off yet?”

“Not… by… a longshot!” shouted Buddy, and suddenly he found his opening. “You just played right into my trap!”

“Huh…?!”

“What’s he talking about?” wondered Marla.

“I let you drag me around like this to tire yourself out, so you wouldn’t be prepared for this; charge it up!”

“Plasma Whip… Engage!”

With his whip fully charged, he let her have it, and sent a wave of shocking energy along the line. Airdrea screamed and roared as the shocks jolted her, making sparks fly, and Buddy released his whip from her grip, skillfully swung onto a hanging flagpole and landed safely on the ground, while the monster crashed hard onto the road.


The rangers huddled together. “Great job, Buddy.” said Sunset. Buddy nodded and said “She’s swift, but she’s not swift-witted.”


Airdrea angrily got up growling, “It’ll take more than that to clip my wings.”


“And much more is what you’re going to get, rangers!” Marla called out, and she called to the tower for Keto to do his thing.

“…FORTISSIMO!!”


In almost no time at all, Aridrea was grown huge! “Talk about your wingspan!” she remarked.


At the base, Celesto saw this on the monitors “I was afraid this would happen.”

He contacted the rangers and told them, “Rangers, Sunset’s Star-Jet is still out of action. We can send the other four jets, but, as you know, you won’t be able to form the megazord.”


The rangers were deeply concerned, but knowing they couldn’t just sit and do nothing while that monster threatened their city. “Send them…” said Sunset “We’ll have to make do with what we’ve got.”


“Right…” said Celesto, and then he called to the staff “Launch the four star jets!”


Soon the four jets were on their way, and the four rangers beamed aboard leaving Sunset behind. “Go get her, guys.” she called to them.


Airdrea flew up, up, up over the city to confront the jets and laughed at them, “So you wanna take to the sky, huh? No problem!”


“You got nothing on us, Airdrea!” sneered Rainbow.


Rhymey did the calculations on his onboard computer…

“We will have to weaken her very much,
Then our tractor beams can beat her with one touch.”

“That won’t be easy without the megazord.” added Fluttershy.

“Well then… here goes something.” said Buddy.


The jets rushed forth and fired their lasers. “Oh, yeah!” shouted Airdrea, and put up her wing-defense again. The lasers hardly even scratched her much.

“Try our missiles then!” shouted Rainbow, and she fired a barrage at her, but Airdrea skillfully swerved and dodged each one causing the missiles to fly harmlessly off the island and into the sea. “Not good enough.” she teased and she soared right at the jets, striking them hard with her solid wings.


Each of the rangers were rocked about in their cockpits nearly losing control of their jets, much to Sunset’s horror and Marla’s delight.

“Direct hit…!” Marla cheered.


“This isn’t working.” Sunset called to Celesto at the base, “The jets aren’t strong enough alone. We need more power… a resource… anything!”


Celesto angrily pounded the console in frustration. “I can’t believe this!” he grumbled “Right now I could just get my hands on the commander of the sentinel and…”

At that moment, Sunset snapped onto an idea “That’s it… The Sentinel! They put us out of action; they can put us back into action!”


“Of course!” said Celesto, “It’s a longshot, but it may work.” and he quickly whipped out his cell-phone to make another call to Washington.


Meanwhile, the rangers continued to chase after Airdrea, and fired their weapons at her again, but her defenses stood strong and she continued to dodge moves as well, and then struck back with all her might.

Rainbow’s jet tumbled and soared about, heading straight for a high-rise.

“Rainbow, Pull up!” shouted Buddy!

Rainbow pulled and pulled on her steering gear with all her might, and narrowly managed to soar straight up avoiding the building. “Whoa, that was way too close!” she cried as she look back at what could have been a huge accident.

Suddenly, Airdrea popped up on top of her hood cover, frightening her. “I see you… I dee you in trouble!” and she literally grabbed the jet and whirled it round, and around and flung it off towards the others.

“Look out!” cried Fluttershy, and every scattered about just in time to miss. “You okay, Rainbow?” Buddy called. Poor Rainbow felt nauseous and nearly vomited inside her helmet, “…Did we win yet?” was all she could respond with.

She shook herself back to normal. “How can we take down this feather duster?”


Suddenly, Celesto called to them all over the radio, “Rangers… we have a plan. It’s a longshot, but it just may work.”

He told them all to lead the monster out to sea to precise coordinates, and the sentinel would be sure to meet them there.

“What?!” snapped Buddy “You expect us to trust those marine morons after they nearly shot Sunset down?!”

The other ranger concurred, and each slandered at the Sentinel, but Sunset spoke severely to them. “Look, the whole thing was My idea… and this just may be our only hope to catch this flying freak. So grow a back bone and just do it!”


The others had never heard her spoken that severely before, but Celesto actually smiled, and held in a chuckle thinking he couldn’t have said it better himself.

The rangers were still rather hesitant, but seeing no other way in their current status.

“If you’re sure about this,
What have we got to miss?” said Rhymey.


“Let’s go…!” Rainbow hollered, and the star just headed straight out to sea.


“Huh? Where are they going?” sneered Marla “We were just about to destroy them, too!”


The monster was furious! “No one runs away from Airdrea. Winged mistress of the skies! The only you leave is when you are destroyed!”

She spread out her wings and followed the rangers off the island. “Hey! What about me?” Marla called, but she was already left on her own. “Fine…! I guess I’ll just have to watch things from the tower.”

Then she teleported and was gone.

As for Sunset, feeling there was really nothing more she could do, decided to head back to the base to observe things from there, but she really wished she was with her friends!



The rangers flew far, far out to see, leaving the island and the United States coastline far beneath to horizon.


“Okay, we’ve reached the spot.” Buddy said into the radio “Where’s the Sentinel?”

“They’re on their way.” replied Celesto “They’ll be with you in a bit. Meantime, try to stall the monster until they arrive.”

Rainbow groaned, “Can’t we ever get an easy break?!”


Airdrea swooped past her and the other jets, and then turned to face the rangers. “So you lead me all the way out here… to be destroyed at sea? Rather a low way to go, but fine by me… as long as you’re out of the picture for good!”

The rangers steered their jest forth, firing their lasers and missiles, but Airdrea continued to evade and block every attack, and strike the jets hard.

“We can’t keep this up forever!” cried Fluttershy “Our jets will take too much damage!”

The rangers knew that would be a disaster that couldn’t bear consideration. Having one Star Jet busted was bad enough, but all of them…!


Airdrea laughed at the rangers, “I honestly can’t tell what would be sweeter; sinking you into the sea, or blowing out of the sky with a bang!”

Suddenly, she heard a loud bang coming from far away. She turned round just in time as a blast hit her hard.

“Hey look!” cried Fluttershy. The rangers all looked out, “It’s the Sentinel…!” said Buddy.


The three gunships were far down but not too far from them.


“Direct hit, sir!” said the lieutenant to the commander.

“Right…” said the commander “Keep the creature in our sights, but don’t hit the jets no matter what.”


He wasn’t pretending to be professional, he meant every word. Ever since he regretted his previous actions, and he would face hearings back at headquarters, he wished for a way to make things right. Thank goodness he was given the chance.

“Prepare all guns!” he ordered, and all his gunmen took up their positions using huge armed cannons on the ships’ decks. No missiles would be fired, not wanting them the chase the jets.


“What is this!” shouted Airdrea.

“Your worst nightmare,
And it’s right there!” said Rhymey, and quickly he and the others veered their jets away safely.





“Attack…!” shouted the commander and his me fired their guns.

Airdrea was forced to swerve and dodge swifter than ever, as well as put up her wing shield. “You lousy Earthmen!” she shouted “I’ll sink your precious ships to the bottom of the deep!”

With that, she lunged down towards the commander’s boat.

“Incoming!” hollered the commander, but just as Airdrea was about to strike, Rainbow came soaring in and rammed her jet clear into the creature knocking her far out!

“Get her guys!” Rainbow hollered.

Rhymey and Fluttershy’s jets burst from out of the sea, and gave her a surprise attack from underneath; firing their lasers at her, and she didn’t have time to raise her defense or swerve.


“You’ll pay for that!” she hollered.


“I think not!” said Buddy “Fire Missiles!”

He fired, but this time Airdrea was ready and put up her wing defense, and didn’t get hurt by the missiles on impact! “Ha! Your little fireworks didn’t work!” she scoffed, but she was suddenly rammed by Buddy’s jet… which was his real plan all along.

“Look out below…” he called, as everyone watched Airdrea fall towards the sea.


“Open fire!” shouted the commander on the ship, and his gunmen fired an endless barrage of shots. Not a single hit missed and Airdrea was practically being held up in midair by the shelling.

“I think I’m getting airsick!” she screamed.


The rangers saw this as their change. “Everyone, charge your tractor beams.” Buddy called to them.

They all did as told and fired their beams at the creature. The tractor-beam succeeded in shrinking her down, imprisoning her in a sphere, and Buddy hauled it into his cockpit.

“It worked!” he cried. Everyone cheered for joy, even the men and women on the ship, and the commander felt very relieved, and pleased to have helped the rangers.

“All together guys…” Buddy called to his comrades.

The other all nodded, and altogether they declared, “MONSTER CAPTURED! MISSION COMPLETE!”


Back at the tower, Marla couldn’t believe her eyes. “What… just… happened?!” she squealed.

“Um… I’d say the rangers just won again.” grumbled Keto.

Marla threw such a hissy fit, many of the Lingos walked away covering their ears.

“Ha! You ought to save your whining for when Vulcan hears about this.” said Bronc.

However, much to everyone’s surprise, Vulcan was still locked up in his private lab. Surely he would have come out in a fiery wrath to reprimand Marla, but it was all silent and still as he knew nothing of what was going on.

“If either of you tell him of this, I’ll give you guys such a nag you won’t know what hit you!” she threatened Bronc and Keto.

The guys shuddered at such a thought.



While inside Vulcan’s lab, the true reason he couldn’t hear anything was because… he was almost completely unconscious. He practically looked as if he tried to fight an army single handed, and lay on the floor weary and shaking softly.

Either it was because he was so-overworked, or the other fact being the large blood stain on his right arm, as if he had given his own blood to something… something relating to his special secret project.

“Must… work… creation!” he groaned “Preserve…Must… be cautions!”



The rangers finally made it back to base with their capture, and Sunset gave them a warm welcome, and they all joined in a group hug.

“That was incredible!” cried Sunset.

“The fact that we beat the monster without using the megazord… it was AWE-SOME!” said Rainbow.


“Well, we wouldn’t have done it without the commander’s help.” Fluttershy reminded everyone, and they all remembered…


Leaving their jets on free-float to leave them and thank the commander in person for helping them, even shaking his hand.


“I just hope you can all forgive me for my previous actions. I only wish there was more I could do to make it up to you.”


“Well, thankfully it wasn’t worse.” Buddy said “I guess this is our way of saying let bygones be bygones.”

“Well, thank you, Power Rangers, just the same.”



Celesto approached the group and cleared his throat, “Sorry to break up this rather touching moment, but shouldn’t all of you be getting back to school?”

The rangers’ features twisted into sour faces, and they groaned softly.


Nevertheless, they found themselves back in school, and having missed three periods that day, they were forced to stay an hour after school to complete their tests and missed assignments, plus an extra thirty minutes for running into Cadance and Luna earlier…

…To which the ladies found amusing, “Think we’re being too harsh on them?” Cadance asked, but her aunt shook her head, “Despite being close to us, we can’t always pamper and spoil them.”

The ladies snickered, but the rangers all had to groan again.