• Published 12th Jan 2017
  • 1,500 Views, 101 Comments

POWER RANGERS STARFLEET (Starfleet Humans:) - DakariKingMykan



Several of the humans from Equestria Girls/Starfleet Humans team up to fight an evil planet broker

  • ...
145
 101
 1,500

Episode 14: A Comet's Tale: Part 3

EPISODE FOURTEEN

The rangers were still shocked and baffled by what they had just learned.

“Twilight, are you sure about this?” asked Buddy.

“There can be no mistake.” replied Twilight “Lightning is the Comet Ranger.”

Krysta was still trying all she could to deny what was going on. “It can’t be! Lightning would never do such a thing… especially to all of us.”

The others couldn’t have agreed more. Lightning was not the kind of person to work for evil creeps, not even if being blackmailed or threatened. “Which suggests only one thing…” said Celesto “Somehow Vulcan must’ve brainwashed Lightning and is controlling him.”

“Which means we have to figure out some way to break that control and save him.” added Sunset.

“That’s going to be easier said than done.” said Rainbow “We still don’t know where Vulcan’s tower is, so we can’t even go try to find him.”

“I don’t think we’ll even have to find Lightning.” said Fluttershy “Knowing Vulcan, he’ll send him after us again.”

A moment of silence followed, as everyone contemplated the facts that they would have to fight Lightning again, even if he was their friend, but none of them seemed too keen on bringing themselves to do it.

Even Celesto felt as down about it, but he pointed out, “We can’t let Lightning destroy the city; thousands of people.”


The rangers all hesitated, but ultimately Rhymey said…

“Whether or not it seems wrong or right,
If Lightning shows up, we’ll have to fight.”


Fluttershy hung her head low, and the others felt just as concerned.

“Come on, guys, snap out of it!” said Spike “Remember how you saved Twilight when she turned evil?”

Twilight palmed her forehead, “Oh, you had to bring that up.”

“No, he’s right…” said Sunset “We did have to fight you, but we were able to save you… just like… just like it was with me.”


Despite the painful memories, the rangers all agreed that they could do it all again and try to help Lightning.


(Que Intro)


The next day, Lightning was fully revived, and given his morpher back, thus, placing him again under Vulcan’s evil influence because of the codes programed into the morpher.

Vulcan was walking with Lightning through the prison discussing the next plan of attack. “We’ve managed to isolate the remaining flaws in your powers and natural strength.” Vulcan said to Lightning “But just in case, we shall team you up with the monster Desperado.”


Lightning smirked and said “It is well worth the effort that if by doing so I may please you, Master Vulcan… especially to make up for my previous blunder.”


Vulcan snickered proudly, “Much as I trust your rising efficiency, I don’t want you taking any huge risks. We still have yet to fully understand the full potential of your powers, and the rangers are worthy adversaries, they’re always up to tricks as well.”



The other three minions were watching from a few floors up and felt badly neglected and rather jealous by the favor Vulcan seemed to take in Lightning.

“Look at him hogging all the attention!” Marla complained “We work ourselves to the bone and he takes all the notice.”

“The only work you’ve done the past while is on your nails and your hair.” scoffed Keto.

“Still, this could be the chance we’ve been waiting for…” Bronc pointed out “If all goes well, the rangers will be defeated for good.”

The others couldn’t argue with that.


“I must go now…” said Lightning “I wouldn’t want to keep the rangers waiting for their doom.”

Vulcan agreed and dismissed him, and then walked off himself, making his way for his private lab where his other little creation stood… hidden out of view from anyone else.

“I haven’t forgotten about you.” Vulcan whispered to… whatever it was he was making.



Meanwhile, despite all the impending dangers, the people of Mystic Island chose to continue their daily routines, and show that they were not about to let monsters keep them at bay.


Even the rangers decided to kick off and go about their own business until something happened.

They all went with Twilight and Spike, accompanying them on their walk in the park. Also, for Twilight to silently show them all something she had been working on since the other night.

“I developed this new ability into your morphers, it’s called the “Able-Boost Mode” When activated it’ll increase your speed and strengths ten-fold.”

She rang a computer simulation on the suits in Able-Boost mode, showing that the rangers would become stronger and faster.

“Whoa! Awesome!” cried Rainbow “It’ll be like having our full Starfleet powers back again.”


“Well, almost…” said Twilight “The Able-Boost can only work for one minute.”

“That’s it? Just one minute?” asked Fluttershy. “I’m afraid so.” replied Twilight “Over-using it would have too much of an impact on your natural equilibriums. In fact, just using them as they are might make you feel a bit woozy, but it’s the best I could do.”


“Well, hopefully it will help us all
to save Lightning and make the baddies fall.” said Rhymey.

“I hope it does too…” said Krysta as she looked off in the distance wondering where Lightning was.

Fluttershy softly patted the bird’s little head again, but she honestly didn’t know what else to tell her. She just hoped Krysta would continue to be brave and trust in them to save Lightning.


Suddenly, everyone heard the sounds of people of screaming nearby followed by more people running away in panic.


“Let’s go!” said Sunset, and she and the rangers dashed off while the two animals stayed with Twilight, and they all hid behind a bush keeping out of sight.


The people were still running about in panic, as a giant lasso roped a huge tree, and someone pulled on the rope actually forcing the tree down, nearly falling over so many people.

A group of joggers dashed off as fast as they could, but the stranger whipped out a revolver that shot laser pulses instead of bullets. He fired at the runners making sparks fly all around them and causing the runners to fall and roll down grassy slopes.


The stranger blew on his gun and stashed it.

He was a creature that resembled that of a wester cowhand, with an armored vest, a black ten-gallon hat with spikes round the rim, and he even had a big Yosemite styled mustache

“Alright…” he shouted “Which of you lily-livered varmints wants a taste of Desperado now?”


“We do!” shouted Sunset.

Desperado turned and saw the rangers staring at him, almost like cowboys for the draw.

Buddy was livid seeing the tree and a few others had been pulled down. “You sicko…! How could you do that to innocent trees?”

Desperado laughed and stroked his rope, “I can do many things with my enchanted lasso, and I’m a’tendin’ to rope you all into my clutches too. YE-HAW!”


“Okay, this guy is really starting to annoy me.” said Rainbow. The others felt the same and all stood together.

“It’s Morphin’ Time!” shouted Sunset.

“STARFLEET MAGIC… POWER ON!!”


Once morphed, the rangers grabbed their weapons. “Time to Shine…!” Sunset declared.

“Draw!” shouted Desperado, and he drew his gun as the rangers began to rush for him. He fired two shots, but the rangers kept on coming. He fired again, still he missed.

He sheathed his gun and tipped his hat, “Coral time…!”

Rhymey swung his sword, but missed and Desperado karate-chopped him, and shoved him off.

Fluttershy dashed at him with her shield out front to guard against attacks, but unfortunately she didn’t watch for her legs, and Desperado grabbed his rope and whipped her, tripping her up.

Suddenly, he heard a whip crack, and he turned to see Buddy holding his Plasma Whip. “Show me what’cha got, tough guy.”

Desperado snickered, “Boy, you don’t the ropes like I do.”

Then he showed off his mad roping skills, whirling, twirling, leaping through, and skipping over.

Buddy then retorted by showing his equally good skills with his whip, but in a swift move, he struck the monster hard and sent him rolling along the ground. “Why you, mean-green thumb...! I’ll get’cha!”

He tried to charge, but was suddenly bombarded by Sunset and Rainbow blasting him with their weapons. “More like we got you!” said Sunset.

The rangers all regrouped together and Desperado got up to his feet. “Don’t y’all be gettin’ a big head now… I still got a trick or two up my sleeve.” he whistled loudly.



Twilight and the animals were watching from the big bush, away from the fight. “Who’s he calling?” Spike asked.

“Look!” cried Twilight.


From out of nowhere came Lingos appeared, and Comet Ranger came leaping in beside the monster, and looking raring to brawl. “I’m back…” he teased.

The rangers expressed concern for his appearance.


“Lightning…!” Krysta peeped softly. She tried to fly over to him, but Twilight grabbed her and held her back, “No, Krysta! It’s too dangerous!”


Once again, the two sides stared each other down like a real shootout was about to commence.

“Lightning, listen to us…” cried Sunset “You’re being controlled. You don’t know what you’re doing.”

“Silence!” snapped Lightning “Nothing you say or do will spare you the agony of defeat.”

“Well said, partner…” commented Desperado “These here City Slickers need to realize this world ain’t big enough for us all.”


“Come on, Lightning. Don’t do this!” said Buddy Rose.


“But I will!” shouted Lightning, and he leapt into action, and he was followed by Desperado “YE-HAW!” he shouted as he and the Lingos charged.


“We don’t have a choice!” said Sunset “Let’s move!”


Given that there were so many enemies, the rangers had to divide up.

A swarm of Lingos charged at Rainbow, but she kicked them off, and shot at them with her cannon. “Time to really turn things up!” she said as she charged her cannon to full power.

“Sonic Cannon… Engage!”

“Fire in the hole…!” Rainbow shouted as she fired a thunderous blast that shot right through the swarm of Lingos in a straight line.


Rhymey served and dodge each and every Lingo that came at him, and then charged up his sword…

“Raid Blade… Engage!”

“Okay, Rat…
You can take that!” Rhymey shouted as he gave his sword a huge swing, and the glowing blade extended and struck all the Lingos around him down, and they exploded.

Suddenly, Desperado stepped in and fired his gun at Rhymey, making sparks fly and Rhymey went down.

“Rhymey!” cried Fluttershy, and she rushed over to help her boyfriend, when Lightning leapt down in front of her, “Not so fast!”

The two rangers began to brawl, but Lightning still seemed to be too strong for one ranger to handle alone.

Lightning knocked Fluttershy’s shield away, and despite Fluttershy’s efforts to hit him, he blocked her every move and punched her hard and send her rolling along the ground.

“We’re coming!” Sunset shouted as she and the other rangers came rushing to help, only get lassoed by Desperado’s rope. “Grab a bull by the horns!” he laughed.

He pulled hard in the rope slamming the three rangers all about, damaging them with each strike.


Twilight and the animals winced at each blow as they watched from behind the bush.

“This is so not good!” cried Spike.

“Really, what was your first clue?” snapped Krysta.


The rangers tried to break free from the rope, but it was a lot stronger than it seemed. As For Rhymey and Fluttershy, they rushed in to try to help their friends, but Lightning ambushed them.

“That’s as far as you go.” He hissed, and he kicked them both hard to the ground.

The two rangers got up and fought valiantly, while also attempting to try and get through to him. “Lightning, you have to believe us…!” cried Fluttershy.

“Never!” shouted Lightning as he leapt up high and kicked her hard.

Rhymey then jumped in, swinging his sword at him, but Lightning dodged his every swing, and even blocked his arms with his own.

“Can’t you tell…
You’re under a spell?”

Lightning growled and knocked Rhymey’s sword away and then flipped him over.

“I made the mistake of not finishing you off before… an error I don’t intend to repeat this time!”


Rhymey and Fluttershy sat together, not knowing what to do next, while the others were still tied up in the rope and Desperado pointed his gun at them, “I’m a’gonna count to ten, then fire, for the satisfaction.”


“Any last words?” hissed Lightning.


“ABLE BOOST…!” Twilight shouted. Everyone turned to face the bush, and saw her bolt upright and calling to the rangers “Use the Able Boost!”

“Silence!” shouted Lightning, and he unleashed a wave of his comet energy at her. Twilight and the animals dashed for cover just missing the blast.


“She’s right… it’s our only chance.” said Fluttershy.

Rhyme nodded…

“I’m with you…
Now let’s do!”

The two rangers stood together and shouted, “ABLE BOOST MODE… ACTIVATE!” and the pressed on their morpher badges…

“Able Boost Mode… Engage!”


“What’s this?” snapped Lightning. He watched as Fluttershy and Rhymey were bathed in streams of bright light, the color corresponding their respective ranger colors, and when the light faded, they stood where they were, but their suits were pulsating brightly.

Both of them felt a surge of power coursing through them.

“This feels incredible!” said Fluttershy.

“What in the hotel bills?” shouted Desperado.

Rhymey clenched his fists tightly, and then he sprinted over the monster and punched hard in the face, not even giving him a chance to react, and sent him skidding along the ground, dropping his rope, allowing the other rangers to wriggle free.

“Hey, way to go, Rhymey.” said Rainbow.

“I got to try this myself.” added Buddy.

“Well, let’s do it…” said Sunset, “Able Boost Mode… Activate!”


Twilight and the animals gazed at all five rangers, now glowing beautifully, admiring the coolness.


Lightning and Desperado didn’t seem to think it such a big deal.

“Let’s crush ‘em!” said Lightning to Desperado. “You got it, partner.”

The two rushed forth.


“Let’s see what this Able Boost can really do.” said Sunset.


Just before the two villains could strike, the rangers all zipped off causing them to miss.

“Right behind you…” Susnet teased. The two villains turned round and saw the rangers standing behind them. “Blast ‘em!” shouted Lightning, and he began to fire his comet blasts while Desperado fired his laser beams, but the rangers stomped forth through the barrage of blasts, actually taking the hits and not even flinching thanks to their enhanced strengths.

“This can’t be!” cried Lightning.

The rangers rushed forth, Rhymey and Fluttershy punched the two villains hard, and sent them flying backwards.

And Buddy and Rainbow both charged after Lightning.

Lightning was furious, but it seemed the tables had turned and he wasn’t able to return a single hit, and got struck hard and the two sent him sailing upward and he crashed down hard on his back.


“No, no… stop!” cried Krysta. She was worried they were taking it too far, and didn’t want Lightning to get really hurt.


“She’s right.” cried Buddy, “Let’s go after the monster.”

“Right…!”

The rangers dashed off, leaving Lightning flat on his back.


As for Desperado, he grabbed his rope, “I’m a’gonna rope y’all to the ground for this!” he shouted as he lassoed Sunset and tried to bind her as tightly as he could, but Sunset used her new strength and actually broke the rope, much to Desperado’s shock.

And the other rangers came sprinting in from many directions, striking him mercilessly.


Twilight and the animals were most pleased. Spike howled in rejoice.



The rangers stood together, and they stopped glowing. Their one-minute was up. “Whoa! I’m feeling a bit woozy here!” Sunset groaned as she held her head.

“Me too…” said Buddy “But it’s not so bad.”



At Vulcan’s tower, Vulcan was losing his patients. “Those rangers are always up to nasty tricks. Do it, Keto.”

Keto nodded, “FORTISSIMO!”

He only fired one. “I don’t need to shoot another. I think the rangers are in for a BIG enough surprise as it is.”



The mugic made its way to Mystic Island, and grew Desperado to a huge size. “YE-HAW… time for the BIG showdown now.” he thundered.


Twilight and the animals shuddered in fear at the sight of the giant creature, and they ran for it while they could.


“Let’s go guys!” said sunset “…Jet-Star Megaord!”


The Megazord arrived on the scene, already fully transformed, and the rangers beamed into the cockpit.



Lightning sat upright and groaned angrily. Then he looked up and saw the fight about to commence, and he was determined to get the rangers back!


Desperado gripped his rope, which was repaired thanks to the mugic, “Time to rustle me some rangers.”


“Look out for the lasso.” cried Rainbow, but the Megazord already got roped, and was bound tightly.

“Everybody, hang on!” shouted Sunset.


Desperado laughed, and pulled the megazord over like he did the trees in the park, and down the rangers went with a huge thud.

“Like beatin’ a dead horse...” Desperado then grabbed his gun, “Any last words, Varmints?”

The megazord suddenly kicked its leg up, booting Desperado hard and sent him rolling along. “Why you cheatin’ dogs!”

“Call that the quick-kick!” teased Rainbow.

The megazord stood and stretched out from the rope, breaking it to bits and then pulled out its sword.

“I ain’t scared of that over-grown pocket-knife…” shouter Desperado, “Not while I got my laser revolver!”


“We’ll see about that.” protested Sunset.


Desperado fired his gun at the megazord, hitting it but hardly doing much damage other than a few small explosions. The megazord just charged right forth and took a great swing with its sword SLASHING the gun’s mouth out, destroying the weapon.

“No!!” cried the creature.


“Too bad…” said Sunset “Star Slash… Go!”


The saber was already charged and powered… the megazord slashed the creature hard. “I’M GOING OUT TO PASTURE!!” he shouted before he exploded and was imprisoned.


The rangers cheered over their successful capture, but suddenly there was a bright flash of light coming from behind.


“What’s going on?” asked Sunset.

“I don’t know…” replied Buddy “But the scanners show an immense amount of power is forming behind us.”


The megazord turned, and what the rangers saw was Lightning, laughing maliciously as he actually expanded in size and grew as big as the megazord. This was due to the comics energies from the power of the comet.


“Thought I was down for the count, huh?” he called out.


The rangers were shocked and somewhat amazed…


…As were Twilight and the animals as they watched the whole thing down below, and away from the battle.

“…Am I seeing what I think I’m seeing?!” cried Spike.


“Lightning!” whimpered Krysta. “He… he can actually grow in size? That’s incredible!” added Twilight. The animals gave her a sour glare. “What? It is… despite the problem we have.”



Lightning cracked his knuckles and socked his hand with his fist, “You may have beaten Desperado, but I won’t be so easy!”


“Lightning, please…” Sunset called “We don’t need to fight like this.”


“Spare me the pacifism!” snapped Lightning, and he rushed forth, and attacked, striking the Megazord hard making sparks fly and rocking the rangers in the cockpit.

“He’s coming round again!” cried Fluttershy, and Lightning did, jump-kicking and hitting the megazord again, knocking it into its back. Lightning then proceeded to kick the saber away.

…It crashed way outside of the park, stuck into the ground.

“The saber!” cried Sunset.

“We’ve got to get it back!” said Rainbow. She pulled on her controls, and made the megazord kicked Lightning off. This allowed the megazord to stand upright again, and dash for the saber...!

“Oh, no you don’t!” yelled Lightning and he leapt up high and over in front of the megazord again “I’m not finished with you yet.” And he gave the megazord huge punch to the chest sending it back a few paces.


“Lightning, please!” cried Fluttershy “We don’t want to fight you!”


“Oh, what’s wrong?” teased Lightning “Is it because I’m not like you guys at all? Well, that can be fixed!” with that, he pressed on his morpher badge.

“What’s he doing now?” asked Buddy.


Everyone then watched as Lightning began to glow and he shouted out, “COMET STRIKER…ARMOR UP!”

Programed into his powers was a special transformation technique, allowing him to don a powerful suit of armor, silver and white with red stripes around the wrists, ankles, belt, and Lightning had actually become his very own megazord!


The rangers, Twilight, the animals; all were positively speechless!



At Vulcan’s tower, all the villains were watching with such excitement and joy. Vulcan laughed wickedly, “An excellent creation, Bronc.”

Bronc bowed thankfully, “Thanks to the information we obtained from Twilight Sparkle’s computer gave me just enough to create our very own megazord.

The Comet Striker: armed with weapons and technologies similar to that of the rangers’ megazord, but enhanced with the cosmic energies of the comet, and a brutal lethalites of the volcanic energy.


…The rangers have no chance against this power!”


Marla and Keto were bubbling with excitement, and anxious to see the rangers finally fall.




“Take a good look at me now, rangers…!” Lightning sneered at them “Now I’m just like you in every way, only far superior.”

He then reached behind him and handed the saber back to the megazord.

“Why did he just give it back?” asked Rainbow.


Rhymey growled softly…

“He feels he can beat us no matter what,
We still have to fight him, like it or not.”


“I hate to say it, but you’re right.” said Sunset. “If you want a fight, Lightning, let’s go!”


Lightning snickered and charged forth, thrusting his fist forward, but the megazord blocked it with the blade of its saber.

“I still have another arm, duh!” snapped Lightning, and he socked the megazord hard, but it wasn’t beaten yet.


“Stay strong guys!” cried Sunset.


The megazord charge forth and swung it’s sword hard, but Lightning blocked the attack with his left arm, and knocked the saber out of his way with his right, only to receive a huge kick from his opponent making sparks fly.

“Not bad, but not good enough!” sneered Lightning, and from out of his wrists came two medium sized blades.

“Oh, boy…! This can’t be good!” said Rainbow.

Even Rhymey felt a little concerned, and he was the master fencer.

“Two blades to one,
But it can still be done.”



The two hulks clashed blades with one another in a strong fencing brawl, but Lightning still had the upper-hand due to having two blades. He used one to block any attacks, and the other to strike back.


“They’re getting creamed up there!” cried Spike, “We’ve gotta do something!” added Krysta. Both she and Spike gazed at Twilight, but even she had no idea of what to do at this point.



Even the rangers were starting to run low on options as they took another double strike from Lightning’s blades and the megazord was knocked backwards.


Sparks were starting to fly inside the cockpit, and the lights were fade-blinking. “Damage levels reaching critical!” cried Buddy “We can’t take much more of this!”


“Switch to emergency power before he gets us again!” cried Sunset.


The megazord still stood tall and Lightning laughed, “Say goodbye, rangers; you’re finished!”

With that, his two blades began to glow, and he spun round once in a slow pirouette as the scene around him became an illusionary field of space as comets passed by. “Have a taste of my Super Space Strike!”


“He’s going to strike us!” cried Fluttershy.

“What are we going to do?!” whimpered Rainbow


Sunset clenched her fists, “Quick guys…!”



“Attack!” shouted Lightning, and he thrust his two blades forth, like striking comets.

KAPOW!! A massive explosion!


The animals were in shock, and Twilight, tears flowed down her face as she screamed up, “NOOOOOO…!!!”


To Be Continued…!