• Published 12th Dec 2016
  • 8,426 Views, 2,374 Comments

How to Disappear Completely - shortskirtsandexplosions



Flash Sentry's world sucks. Maybe it's high time he left it.

  • ...
88
 2,374
 8,426

PreviousChapters Next
Please

"No..." Flash said.

His eyes opened. He beheld a confused Soarin.

His voice pierced through the moment. Solid and true.

"I'm not a good person, Soarin," he said firmly. "And it's not enough." A deep breath. "None of it is. I have to... I've got to do this... please..." He grimaced. "Luna's held the fort long enough for me... but there's still something I've got to do. Something I've got to m-make right." He fought the urge to tremble but failed. "She knows it. I know it. Please... please won't you help me do this?"

Soarin stared calmly at him. "What is it that you have to do, Flash?" He slowly shook his head. "Do you even know?"

Flash sniffled. "Anything." He slowly stood back up, pushing against the lampost. "Everything." He teetered slightly, but managed to position himself upright. "Please. All of this is going to work out just right if I can just... just... bring it home. I know it. I feel it." His wings coiled tightly. "Don't rob me this opportunity, bro. I'm... I-I'm begging you."

"Flash... just..." Soarin seethed. He clenched his eyes shut as his wings flexed, unflexed, and tightened rigidly at his sides. "Dang it all to Tartarus..."

Sadly, Flash hung his head—

He felt a strong hoof grip his shoulder.

"?!?!" Flash gasped as he was hoisted up into the air.

"Friggin'... end of me... I swear..." Half-frowning, Soarin practically carried the teenager upwards in a side-hug. With strong wings, he flew the two of them towards the tower where the Midnight Oil—and Blueblood skiff—were presently moored. "...gotta have a sane... waking mind at the helm. Guess that's gonna be me."

"Hmmmmm..." Flash smiled deliriously. "Love you too."

"Oh stuff it." Soarin grumbled, covering a lot of air. "Save it for when we're on the ship."

PreviousChapters Next