• Published 16th Dec 2016
  • 806 Views, 13 Comments

Violet, I need your help again - Fizzyberries302



It has been a year since the human, Violet-Rose came to Equestria and helped Discord win the girl of his dreams, her cousin Fluttershy. Now Discord is planning on proposing to her, but he doesn’t know how. He then seeks help from the pony that set

  • ...
2
 13
 806

Wedding

Four months later

Fluttershy was standing in front of a lengthy mirror, staring at reflection. Rarity had done an excellent job at making her dress, she had even made the dresses for her bridesmaids; Pinkie, Applejack, Twilight, Rainbow, Violet and herself.

“Oh Fluttershy, you look like a princess in that gown.” Violet said.

She truly did; the dress was ivory white with a short train and vines along the hem and gold highlights. Her veil was adorned with pearls, her mane was in a loose bun with the veil over eyes and a wreath of roses was resting on top of her head. She only wore blush and lip gloss and on her hooves were gold slippers. Violet was wearing a simple teal gown that blended well with her coat. Her blonde mane was in its usual loose style. On her hooves were silver shoes and she wore pink lip gloss.

“Thanks to Rarity, Discord’s going to drop dead when he sees you.” Rainbow joked. She was wearing a shimmering red gown, with lightning bolts along the hem.

“I hope not, then we'd have to cancel the wedding and have a funeral instead.” Violet grinned.

“Ouch! Seriously Applejack, you always pull to hard, I’m not a filly anymore I can tie my own bow.” Apple Bloom cried.

She and the CMC were going to be the flower girls, even though they were thirteen. Each of the CMC were wearing matching white dresses, with pink frills along the edges and a wreath of pink roses on their heads. Applejack was wearing an autumn coloured dress, her mane was let loose over her shoulder and she had a single rose behind her ear. Rarity was dressed in a shiny blue gown that had two layers. The layer underneath was a lighter blue then the upper. Her mane was curled and resting over her shoulder. Pinkie was wearing a pink and blue dress with a layer of lace underneath. She wore candy clips in her curly hair. All and all, they all looked beautiful.

The wedding was going to be held in the Canterlot throne room. Princess Luna was performing the ceremony and the Mane Fives coltfriends and Comet Blitz were the groomstallions. Except for Spike, who was the ring bearer. “Just think, in a few hours you’ll be married.” Rarity said.

The mares and three fillies jumped at the frantic knocking at the door. It was Spike. “Hello, Violet are you in there? Emergency!”

Violet rolled her eyes. “It's probably nothing,” she said.

“One second Spike!” she hollered.

The teenage pegasus walked out into the hall. Spike was wearing the same tux he wore at the Gala last year. But the dragon was panting and out of breath.

“Thank goodness, Violet we have a problem.” he looked off to the side, with a worried expression on his face.

“What’s the problem?” Violet asked.

“It’s Discord, he’s getting,” he whispered the rest in Violet’s ear. “Cold Feet.”

“WHAT!” Violet gasped.

Her shock turned to rage as she sprinted down the hall to the grooms dressing room, followed by Spike. Violet burst open the door to find the several stallions wrestling Discord to the floor. “I can’t do it! I’m too young!” he cried, desperately.

“You’re a thousand years old! That’s far from being young!” Soarin groaned, trying to hold his head down.

Discord went to snap but Flash Sentry grabbed his hand. “Don’t let him snap!” he cried.

“Alright Discord, what’s this about getting cold feet?” Violet asked, venomously.

The group of stallions got off Discord and the draconequus stood up. “Violet! You’ve gotta help me! I can’t do it!” he cried.

“Yes you can, you’re not abandoning my cousin at the altar.” Violet spat.

“I’m sorry Violet, but this is the truth. I can’t do it!” he cried, giving her a puppy face.

Violet’s eyes were filled with pure rage. “Don’t make me drag you out there like a sack of potatoes!”

Discord was now begging on his knees. “Violet, please get me out of here-OW!" he cried as Violet slapped him across the face.

“I can’t believe you! After everything I’ve done to help you get with Fluttershy in the first place, you’re throwing it all back in my face. If I hadn’t helped you, you’d still be on that couch, wallowing in misery!”

She violently grabbed his beard and yanked him over so he was looking in her eyes. Even the other stallions were afraid of the teenage pegasus. “Now tell me. Who was the one who set you up with her in the first place? Who was the pony who had to set her job aside to help her friend propose? Who was the one who gave you advice on how to get the girl?!” she demanded.

Discord hung his head. “You…” he trailed off.

“Now tell me this Discord. Do you love my cousin?”

“Of course.”

“Do you want to hold her?”

“Yes.”

“Do you want to stand by her side?”

“Yes!”

“Then what are you waiting for!” Violet cried, grinning. Her plan had worked.

Discord jumped up and snapped himself into a white tux, white shirt, blue vest and pink bow tie. “Okay I’m ready!” he cried.

Violet laughed. “Now get your ass out there and kiss that bride!”


“I can’t do this…” Discord whimpered, clutching his tail. “What was I thinking when I proposed…she’s going to leave me.”

“That's rich coming from you,” Violet said, smirking.

“No one asked you Violet!” he snapped.

They were standing underneath an arch of roses. Since Fluttershy and Discord had few relatives, the ponies from Ponyville and Cloudstale sat on the bride’s side and the ponies from Canterlot sat on the grooms. Discord started to sweat and kept glancing at the door. “It’s actually quite hot in here.” he muttered, turning the end of his tail into a fan.

“Will you relax? We’ve only been standing here for three minutes.” Comet said, who was Discord’s best stallion. Violet was the Maid of Honour.

“But every pony is already here, shouldn’t we start now?!” Discord choked.

“Discord, just remember. It all be over in a few minutes.” Rarity said.

“Thanks…” he grumbled.

“Quit your yapping, it’s starting!” Soarin hissed.

Discord turned his tail back to normal and stood still. The bird choir started and the doors opened and the three fillies hopped down the aisle.

“Why am I here?” Discord muttered. Comet lifted his chin and Discord gasped at what he saw. Her face was hidden behind the veil, but he was certain she was looking straight at him.

“That’s why,” Violet whispered.

The bride walked up to her future husbands side and the couple turned to Luna, who began to proceed with the ceremony. “Mares and Gentlecolts, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union between Fluttershy and Discord. Never in the history of Equestria has there ever been a love so powerful, so strong, yet it started from the most unlikely circumstances. I never thought that Discord would be capable of love, but a lot has happened in the past year. From enemies, to friends and now they wish to be together forever.”

She then turned to Fluttershy. “Fluttershy, do you take this…um…draconequus to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?”

“I do.”

The blue alicorn turned to Discord. “And do you, Discord, take this mare to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?”

“I do, forever and always.” he said, gazing into his bride’s eyes.

“There you go Equestria, a real life Beauty and the Beast story. Now if any of you says that these two cannot be married, speak now or forever hold your piece.”

There was silence all around the room. Luna continued. “In that case, may we have the rings?”

Spike held up the pillow for Luna to grab the rings with her magic and hand them to the couple. Discord slipped the chain around Fluttershy’s neck, while she slipped his onto his middle talon.

“By the power vested in me, I know pronounce you, husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.” Discord didn’t waste a second and lifted her veil, tenderly pressing his lips to hers. The crowd burst into a state of applause. Fluttershy and Discord barely noticed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reception was held in the gardens, under the full moon. While cutting the cake Discord behaved himself while giving her a bite, but Fluttershy smeared frosting over his nose. He was about to get her back, when she surprised him by licking it off. When the banquet was served, Violet jumped up onto an empty table and clinked her glass. Everypony turned to her attention, ponies started chanting. "Speech! Speech! Speech!"

Violet chuckled. "What do ya think I'm standing up here for; the weather?!" She looked at her wings. "Wait a second; I'm a pegasus, so shouldn't I be controlling the weather?!" Everypony laughed at her joke, Violet cleared her throat. "But in all seriousness, I have a few words to say to the bride and groom."

She turned to look at Fluttershy. "Fluttershy, when I came crashing into your kitchen, you welcomed me into your home. You and your friends helped shape me into the mare I am now, and that's saying a lot. I'm glad you did what you did, because if you hadn't welcomed me into your home, you never would have found out that I am your cousin. I'm not a mare of many words, but I can just say this. Thank you Fluttershy, for everything and I wish you and Discord all the best for the future. Again, thank you." The crowd awed and Fluttershy started crying.

Violet turned her attention to the draconequus sitting next to her. "Discord, you were my first friend when I came to Equestria. You came to me when you needed a shoulder to cry on, and I stood by your side as your best friend. I set you up with Fluttershy and I don't regret a thing, most ponies would frown in disgust but I'm different than most ponies, who are none the wiser." Violet glared at a certain unicorn stallion in the crowd.

"I'm looking at you Blueblood!" The prince scowled but sat still when he saw Comet eying him as if he was a piece of meat making it clear that the incident at last years Gala hadn't been forgotten.

"But enough of that; Discord you’re the one who turned me into the pony I am now, both you and Fluttershy helped me find my true self and where I belong." The ponies awed at the speech. "I wish you two all the best for the future and I think we can all hope to see some little chaotic babies in the future." Violet smirked as the crowd laughed. Discord and Fluttershy blushed from embarrassment.

"But in all seriousness, I'm happy for the both of you; and one more thing Discord. Fluttershy is the only family I have left, so if you hurt her in anyway, you'll end up in a garbage bag at the bottom of a lake, are we clear?" said Violet, with an icy glare.

Discord laughed. “We’re clear!”


When the bride and groom had their first dance, Violet turned to her coltfriend. “Comet, I’m thinking we should spruce things up. With a song,” she winked at him.

“Ah…gotcha.”

They walked up to the DJ booth where Pinkie Pie and Vinyl Scratch were providing the music. Violet whispered in Pinkie’s ear to change the song. Pinkie instantly understood and shouted through the mic. “Let’s get this party started!” The music changed and Violet and Comet jumped down from the booth, holding microphones and started to sing.

Violet: Love is in bloom,
A beautiful bride, a handsome groom,
Two heart’s becoming one,
A bond that cannot be undone,

Both: Because Love is in Bloom,
A beautiful bride, a handsome groom,
I said, love is in bloom,
You’re starting a life and making room,
For us,

The guests all started to bop to the music. Discord began to spin Fluttershy around to the beat.

Both: Love is in bloom,
A beautiful bride, a handsome groom,
Two heart’s becoming one,
A bond that cannot be undone,

Comet: Love is in bloom,
A beautiful bride, a handsome groom,
Two heart’s becoming one,

Both: A bond that cannot be undone,

Comet: Your special day,
We celebrate now,

Violet: The pony way!

Both: Your friends are all right here,
Won’t let these moments disappear,
Because love is in bloom,
A beautiful bride, a handsome groom,
A said love is in bloom,
You’re starting a life and making room,
For us,

By then, all the couples had joined the bride and groom on the dance floor.

Both: Love is in bloom,
A beautiful bride, a handsome groom,
I said love is in bloom,
You’re starting a life and making room,
For us,

Both: Love is in bloom,
A beautiful bride, a handsome groom,
I said love is in bloom,
You’re starting a life and making room,
For us,

They trailed off as fireworks took off into the sky. Fluttershy and Discord pressed their foreheads together, gazing into each other’s eyes. The teenage couple high hooved each other and watched as Discord pressed his lips to Fluttershy’s. Violet nuzzled her own coltfriend. The song wasn’t lying, there really was love in bloom.

When the carriage arrived to take the newly-weds on their honeymoon. Violet approached Discord. “Violet, none of this would have been possible if not for you. Thank you, Violet.” Fluttershy stepped up next to her new husband. “Yes thank you Violet. None of this would have been possible if you hadn’t helped. Love you Violet.”

The three friends embrace each other. “I love you guys too.”

“Actually, since we’re married, we need to have our own home, so we’re moving out to our own place,” Discord explained.

“What? But…what about me?” Violet asked.

“Don’t worry, we won’t be far. See, Celestia and Luna gave us their old castle, it was in ruins before, but Discord fixed the place up. It’s in the Everfree Forest, but we set up a pathway that will stop any wild beasts from attacking visitors.” Fluttershy explained.

“As long as you stick to the pathway, no harm will come to you.” Discord said.

“But…but what's gonna happen to me?”

The married couple looked at each other. “Well, we don’t need the cottage anymore so,” Discord handed Violet a slip of paper. It was a real estate form, signed by them.

Violet looked up at her new family. “You mean…”

“That’s right Violet, the cottage is yours.”

“I…I don’t know what to say?”

“I also added some more rooms for you to put whatever you want in there.” Discord explained. The crowd awed at the scene. Violet couldn’t help it anymore and flung her arms around her family. “Thank you.” she whispered.

They pulled away and Discord took Fluttershy’s hoof. “Shall we go my dear?” He lifted his bride into the carriage and sat down next to her. The carriage started and they rolled out of there when suddenly Fluttershy remembered something.

“Oh wait, we need to see who the next brides going to be. She stuck her bouquet out the window and hollered. “Ready girls!”

The Mane Five crowded around, Rarity jumped up yelling. “MINE! This time for sure!”

However, the bouquet flew right above her head and the crowd parted to see that it had landed in the Maid of Honour’s hooves.

Pinkie squealed. “Violet you caught it! That means your next down the aisle.” She then started to imitate a wedding march.

Comet chuckled and walked up to her, wrapping his arm around her. “You would look beautiful in a wedding dress.”

Violet blushed. “Let’s wait until I’m old enough.” she said, smiling watching the carriage drive off into the sunset.

Author's Note:

Yes...you are correct...that was a reference to 'Bride of Discord'. But hey, it's my favourite fanfic EVER!!!

Also, I cried when Discord and Fluttershy left Violet the cottage. And Violet caught the bouquet!!! However...I have to wait until she's old enough before I can write about her marriage.

Finally, thank you so much for reading. Please like and share this! :pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 6 )
Comment posted by Fizzyberries302 deleted Dec 16th, 2016

Will it actually be, what, 3 actual years before the new one will come out?

I doubt you will do that. There has to be a certain time jump with the chaotic babies, and their marriage.

Comment posted by Fizzyberries302 deleted Dec 19th, 2016

7801338
You definitely might be doing just that

More storys please!!!

Login or register to comment