• Published 21st Nov 2016
  • 677 Views, 98 Comments

Rise of the Numbers - goldenrise365



Gold has just escaped internal darkness multiple times. The final person he faced was a dark copy of himself with an army of Numbers Monsters. Now that the Numbers are on earth, Gold and his friends must gather new allies and save the world once more

  • ...
6
 98
 677

Ambition Destroys

Paladin was running from the crumbling building. "I need to get to the hospital. Please be ok Gold." She continued running as the situation got worse. The sky turned red and lightning struck the ground. Portals began opening up. Zombie-Type monsters were coming through. A Headless Knight tried to grab Paladin. "Hands off!" She kicked the monster away and ran off. But she didn't get far. The monsters were cornering her. She kicked and scratched at them but nothing happened. "This is when I wish I still had my falcon wings."

"Stay away from her!" A figure came charging through. The figure had black hair, cobalt blue skin and light blue eyes. He had a navy blue jacket with white fur around the hood and he had a symbol of a dragon on his right shoulder, a black shirt, black pants, and black shoes. "Time for all of you to play nice."

"Mercury!"

"Hey Pal." He had a big smile on his face.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?"

"Are you still annoyed by it?"

"What do you think?"

"Then I'll still continue doing it." A monster tried sneaking up on him, but he punched it away. "Time to be the hero." He charged straight through. He jumped over monsters, kicked, and punched. He was toying with the zombies, until he got caught by a Headless Knight. "That didn't go as planned. Plan B." Mercury pulled out of the knight's and began tap dancing.

The Zombie-Type monsters looked at each other in confusion. "What are you doing?" asked Paladin.

"Giving these monsters a show, and you an escape." Mercury began jumping around. "Let's bring forward my partner, Buster Dragon."

A dark scaled dragon with feathers and purple skin materialized in front of the Zombie-Type monsters. "Hello boys." He began tap dancing along side Mercury.

Crimson sighed and ran away. She dove behind a wall. "Ok Sky, let's take down this army." Sky Dragon materialized and Crimson hopped on. The two took to the sky. "Shinning Blast!" Sky Dragon sent a brilliant sphere of light at the army. Zombie-Type monsters were blasted away.

"And that's the curtain call." Mercury climbed onto Buster. "Dragon Barrage!" Buster sent out blasts like a shotgun. "And that's game!"

"Not quite!" The two turned to see Slash and Midnight. Slash turned to Crimson. "Your the last remaining relative of Golden Rise. Dark Emperor would award us greatly for brining you to him." He then turned to Mercury. "And you're just a pest we need to destroy." Slash turned to Midnight. "Do you think you can grab the girl while I take out the trash?"

"Of coarse!" Midnight flew over and grabbed Paladin. The two took off with Sky Dragon trying to catch up.

"Now to deal with you." Slash summoned a giant scythe. "Just hold still and I'll make this quick."

"There's no need for weapons. We can talk this out." Mercury and Buster began backing away.

"Ok. I'm a reasonable being. How about we battle and see who's deck rains supreme?"

"And what do I get if I win?"

"If you win, the girl will return to you. If you lose, your soul is mine."

"Doesn't seem that I have a choice."

"No you don't." Slash summoned a pure black duel disk. He placed a card in the field slot. The ground gave off a purple fog, and Buster Dragon disappeared.

"Where'd my partner go?"

A menacing grin snaked across Slash's face. "His spirit has gone to a good cause, like yours will."

"I'll make you pay for that." Mercury activated his blue duel disk.

"Let's duel!"

Slash: 8000
Mercury: 8000

"I'll go first." Slash drew his card. "I summon out Shadowknight Archfiend in Attack mode." A being in grey tinted armor descended onto the field. It had metallic wings, a sword for an arm, and a shield for another. His red eyes stared into Mercury's soul. "And just like a knight, he was made to protect his King. I end my turn with a face down."

Mercury smirked. "You should've started out stronger." He drew his card. "I'll finish you in one turn. First I summon Buster Whelp of the Destruction Swordsman." A small, white creature hopped out of a portal. It had six legs, gold horns and feathery wings. "Then I sacrifice two monsters to summon out Buster Bladder, the Destruction Swordmaster." A warrior in purple armor jumped through a second portal. He had two purple horns, and a green handled sword. "Now for my ultimate move. I tune Buster Whelp and Buster Bladder to summon out Buster Dragon!" Nothing happened when he called on his partner. "Buster Dragon, come on out!" Still nothing. "Uh, what's going on?"

"Its the field spell I played. Soul of the Numbers. We are only allowed to summon out Number Cards from our extra deck."

"I end my turn."

"My move then."

Slash: 7100
Mercury: 8000

"Now I sacrifice my knight to bring forth Summoned Skull." Summoned Skull walked from the shadows onto the field.

"Hello weakling."

"Now I activate Copy. This lets me summon out a copy of Summoned Skull." A see through copy appeared. "Now I overlay my two Summoned Skulls to Xyz summon..." The two monsters turned into purple lights, and entered a galaxy like portal. The portal exploded. "Number 24: Dragulas the Vampiric Dragon!" The number 24 burned into the ground. A dragon with purple and red skin floated down to the field. It had razor sharp, silver wings. His body was covered in silver armor.

"It feels good to be back out on the field." Dragulas's and Slash's eyes glowed purple.

"Then I activate DNA Surgery to change Dragulas into a machine-type." His body was covered in electronics.

"Now for a combination of Megamorph and Overdrive."

Dragulas: 9600

"Then I activate another field effect. Your monsters lose all their attack points." The two monsters fell to their knees. "Time to end this. Vampiric End Blast!" Purple energy washed over Mercury and his monsters. When the dust cleared, all that was left was a single card. Inside was Mercury. "Ambition can be a person's worst enemy." Slash picked up the card. "You were too ambitious for your own good, and you had to pay." Slash put the card away. A vision of a tiny boy flashed through his mind. Slash grabbed his head. "What was that? Doesn't matter, I have work to do." Slash summoned his bat wings and took off.

Comments ( 8 )

Wow that was quick but, I worried what will happen and found about what happened to Mercury.

8170872

Yea, Slash handles his problems quickly and forcefully.

Wow. So the little boy. Is he slash and midnight child.?

8172759

Not quiet, but close.

8174212 Really? So then a clone.?

Great story pls update it

Wonder if this will update?

Also, where's Spike? Where was he during all of this?
Will he get to duel too?

7979778
Speaking of stories, I wonder if Spike got to duel in any of your Yugioh stories there?

Login or register to comment