• Published 21st Nov 2016
  • 676 Views, 98 Comments

Rise of the Numbers - goldenrise365



Gold has just escaped internal darkness multiple times. The final person he faced was a dark copy of himself with an army of Numbers Monsters. Now that the Numbers are on earth, Gold and his friends must gather new allies and save the world once more

  • ...
6
 98
 676

Enter the Pawn

Gold and his friends were in the gym preparing posters for the upcoming music showcase. Burst, Inferno, Ace, and Steele had a band formed for the showcase. "Are you sure you don't want to join us Gold?" asked Burst.

"Yeah. I don't really play anything, and its not like I need more publicity." Gold suddenly felt an odd presence. 'This could be the odd energy my dad felt.' "I have to go check something." He left the gym and followed the strange energy. He walked to a dark corridor. "I thought they fixed the lighting."

"I feel that the darkness is better." A figure stepped out.

"Who are you?"

"My name is unneeded. I'm just here to tell to stay out of my way. Everything that is about to transpire is destiny."

"Destiny is never written."

"I'll just prove how wrong you are. Today you will battle against one of your friends who has been brainwashed by a card. You will receive a card to help defeat him. And it will only be the beginning."

"How do you know all this?"

The dark figure chuckled. "That is on a need to know basis. And you don't need to know." The dark figure stepped back into the darkness.

"Wait!" Gold ran forward but missed the figure. "Dang it. Is what he said true?"

There was sudden screaming coming from down the hall. A kid with a duel disk strapped to his arm was running from the direction of the screaming. "He's gone crazy!"

"That's the last time you'll hurt Derpy!"

"That sounds like Light." Gold ran in the direction of the shouting. He found Light standing in front of Derpy.

"Anyone else want to mess with us?" shouted Light.

"That's enough Light. You've gone over the deep end."

"I'm just making sure no one messes with us."

"By dueling? Your a guy who uses words, not cards."

"Well I changed that."

Gold looked to Derpy. She mouthed the words help us. "If you won't listen to reason, then a duel should get through to you." Gold pulled out his duel disk and activated it.

"Fine by me." Light activated his duel disk.

"Let's duel!"

Gold: 8000
Light: 8000

"Since I challenged you, I'll go first." Gold drew his first card. "I'll start by summoning out Phoenix Spirit in defense mode." A bird with fiery wings appeared. It covered its face with its wings. "I place two cards face down to end my turn."

"My move." Light drew his card. "I'll summon out Infernity Archfiend in Attack mode." A creatures with horns and six eyes appeared. "Then I'll place five cards face down. Now my Archfiend will attack your Phoenix." Archives charged up its fist and destroyed Phoenix. "I end my turn."

"My move." Gold drew his next card. "And now thanks to my Phoenix Spirit's effect, he can return to the field." The phoenix returned to the field.

"That's an interesting effect."

"Glad you like it. Now I'll summon out Crimson Armor Master in attack mode." A human in red armor appeared. He wielded a dark red crystal blade. "Then I'll equip him with Flaming Heart to boost his attack to 3000." A red arura appeared around Armor Master. "Attack his Archfiend." Armor Master charged forward and sliced through Archfiend. The shock wave pushed back light.

Gold: 8000
Light: 6800

"I end my turn."

"You may have gotten the first hit, but I'll be the one standing." Light drew his next card. "First I send one card to the graveyard, and then I will place activate Bounty of the Grave. This card allows me to gain life points equal to the attack points of a monster I send my graveyard."

Gold: 8000
Light: 6900

"I end my turn there."

'Only getting 100 life points. What are you playing at?' Gold drew his card. "I activate Magical Revolution. Now you take damage equal to the amount of face up spell cards x500."

"Not quite. I activate Doom Slinger's effect. By removing him from play, I take no damage. Now you can choose to activate his second effect."

"Which is?"

"If I draw a monster card, you will take all the damage from your card times two. If it's a spell or Trap, I take the damage."

'I'm playing with 3000 damage, but I have to finish this duel quickly.' "I will activate his effect."

"Leaving it up to fate I see." Light drew his card. "Your mistake. He revealed the monster card."

"No." A surge of energy struck Gold.

Gold: 5000
Light: 6900

"That's what you get for playing with fate."

"Well it's still my turn. Now I'll sacrifice my two monsters to summon out my strongest. Come forth Crimson Dragon!" Crimson descended to the field from a white cloud.

"Time to save you Light."

"The mighty Crimson Dragon. Soon you'll be nothing but a puppet in this game."

"What do you mean?" asked Gold.

Light let out a dark chuckle. "In my possession I hold a unstoppable monster. No mortal can surpass his power."

"Wait! That sound like the power of the Numbers," said Crimson.

"Seems like your Dragon is not as brave as he seems."

"That may be but he still has an unstoppable ability, and next turn you will see it. I end my turn."

"Not today." Light drew his card. "You may think I'm all talk, but it's time to show you my true monster. I overlay the two level seven monster in my hand to build the overlay network." The two cards turned into purple lights that went into a galaxy portal. "I summon out Number 11: Big Eye!" The portal exploded. A white spire with a yellow ring descended from the a black cloud. A huge eye opened up at the top of the spire. The number 11 was on its ring, and the number was also on Light's neck.

"Number 11," said Crimson. "He was called the Spellcaster Puppeteer."

"Why's that?"

"I'll show you. By removing one overlay unit, I can take control of Crimson Dragon." A light shown from the eye and drew in Crimson.

"Your now my puppet Crimson," said Big Eye.

"I can't fight it."

"Now Crimson, attack Gold." Crimson charged up his blast and fired it at Gold.

Gold: 2000
Light: 6900

"Now I'll activate my Card Blaster. By getting rid of my four other face downs, I can hit you with 1200 points of damage." Another surge struck Gold.

Gold: 600
Light: 6900

"I think you suffered enough. I end my turn."

'If I don't get another monster on my field I'm done for.' Gold drew his card. He now had two Pot of Greeds in his hand. 'Hope this works.' "I activate the two Pot of Greeds in my hand." A faint glow appeared around Gold's deck. He drew his four cards. "Wait I don't remember having these cards."

"Get on with your move," said Light.

"Might as well see what happens. I activate Double Summon. Now I summon out Star Seraph Sage." A metallic item appeared. The middle split as light shown from it. "And Star Seraph Scale." A gold scale appeared. "And because of its effect, I can summon out Star Seraph Scout." A second metallic item appeared. It had odd wing-like object coming out of it.

"So you got out three monsters. They're not powerful enough to take on my monsters."

"Maybe not alone. But I can build an overlay network for an Xyz summon." The three monsters turned into yellow lights that went through a portal. "Come on out Number 102: Star Seraph Sentury." The portal exploded. A warrior like being descended. He had the odd wing-like objects coming from his head. He also wielded a bow.

"What?!?"

"I have a Number."

"That is right Gold. I have come to aid you in your fight against the darkness." Seraph turned to Big Eye. "One enemy at a time."

"You may have a Number, but he is still weak."

"Not when he activates his effect. Seraph can half your monster's attack, and negate its effect." Seraph summoned an energy arrow, and fired it at Big Eye. His attack was lowered, and Crimson was released.

"This is not good," said Light. He looked worried.

"And now Crimson will destroy Big Eye and gain his original attack." Big Eye was destroyed in a single blast.

"Uh oh."

"Now it's time to finish this duel. Crimson Arrow Attack!" Crimson and Seraph's attacks combined and wiped out the rest of Light's life points.

"Ahhh!" He was blown back from the attack.

Gold: 600
Light: 0

Derpy ran over to Light. "Are you ok?" Gold ran up to the two.

Light gave a soft smile. "I am now. Thanks to Gold here." Light collapsed after that.

A sphere of light left Light's chest and floated over to Gold. He reached out for it. The light turned into Number 11's card. "This is only the beginning." Derpy was trying to get Light up. "Let's get him to the nurse." Gold and Derpy carried Light away.

---------------

"That is true young Gold." The dark figure watched the whole duel. "And my three other puppets will make sure your end is near." The figure opened a looking portal to see Sunset showing the Dazzelings around. "Just as planned."