• Published 21st Nov 2016
  • 676 Views, 98 Comments

Rise of the Numbers - goldenrise365



Gold has just escaped internal darkness multiple times. The final person he faced was a dark copy of himself with an army of Numbers Monsters. Now that the Numbers are on earth, Gold and his friends must gather new allies and save the world once more

  • ...
6
 98
 676

The Darkest Future Part 1

A figure strode down the hallway of the old school. The paint was peeling off the walls after not seeing the daylight for years. The sky had remained black for the past 15 years. No sun shone, no stars wrinkled, no moon existed. Everything existed in a wave of blackness. And it was all the figures doing. "After all these years, I finally have the means of making sure I reign." He pulled a scroll out of his coat and looked it over once more. "Now I can exact revenge on those that stopped me before. Sealing me in that statue 15 years ago gave me time to think, and let my power grow." He raised a hand as shadows wrapped around his arm. "That stupid resistance will fall."

The sound of a door opening got his attention. He threw a dark sphere in the direction of the sound. "AHHHH!"

"Got ya." The figure walked up to the sphere of darkness and reached inside. He plunged his hand inside and pulled out the intruder. "I thought I got rid of all the Stars. What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to stop you," said Star.

"Yeah right. Your only a scout. Your deck could never beat me." The dark figure chuckled.

"That's not true. As long as I believe in my deck, I can win. You taught me that." Star was thrown into the rusted lockers.

"You will not compare me to my weaker half! I destroyed him a long time ago!" The dark figure removed his hood. His skin was white like paper and his hair was black like tar. A scar covered his right eye. "I am The Dark Emperor!" A circle of black flames surrounded the two. "I would send you to the Nether World, but I have more important things to do."

"Your a coward for not facing me."

"No your the coward. Why else would you come alone." Dark tossed Star to the other side of the hall. He walked to the crumbled entrance. The crumbling statue was like a waiting hand to him. "Time to change the past."

"DARK!" A figure walked out from behind the statue.

"Ah Sunset. Or should I say leader of the resistance." He gave a bow. "To what do I owe the honor."

"Stop playing. I'm here to get back Gold." She activated her duel disk.

"Oh my sweet, naive Sunset. Gold is gone. And you and the others are the cause."

"Shut up!" Tears began streaming down her cheeks. "I will get him back, and finish you for good."

"Fine, if a duel will show you the truth, then let's battle." A skeletal duel disk appeared on his arm.

"Let's duel!"

Dark Emperor: 8000
Sunset Shimmer: 8000

"Ladies first," said Dark with a sly grin.

"Be quite." Sunset drew her card. "I play Card Destruction. So now we each send our entire hand to the graveyard and draw a new one." Both duelist discarded their cards and drew new ones. "Now I banish the fire, and earth attribute monsters I just sent to the graveyard, to bring out Lava Emperor!"

-----------------

Lava Emperor
ATT: Fire
Level: 8 stars
Warrior/Effect
Once per turn, destroy all cards on your opponents side of the field.
Attack: 3000
Defense: 2900

-----------------

The ground beneath the two cracked. Two volcanoes sprouted from the earth. They rose into the air as a figure made from molten rock appeared. It had red armor and a cape made of lava. "Ah, an old favorite."

"Then you remember it's effect. I end my turn with two face downs." Two cards materialized in front of Sunset.

"Finally. I get to make my move." Dark drew his card. "I'll start by playing the field spell, Hall of Memories." When dark placed the card, energy shot from the school. A long, dark hallway was created with doors on every side. "Time for a trip down memory lane."

"What do you mean?" asked Sunset.

"I'll show you. First I summon out Enraged Spirit."

-----------------

Enraged Spirit
ATT: Dark
Level: 3 stars
Fiend/Effect
Your opponent can not use monster effects.
Attack: 1000
Defense: 900

------------------

A door next to Sunset opened. A hand reached out of the darkness, and pulled Sunset through the door. She floated in the empty space until an image materialized in front of her. It was when she went completely evil. "You remember this night. The night when you had your true power."

"No. I won't look." Sunset tried to turn, but she was forced forward.

"You can not forget your past. You wasted a possible chance on true power for some friendship." Sunset was thrown back into the duel. A black shadow stood on Dark' s side. "And just like your power, your Lava Emperor has none. I end my turn with a face down."

'Did I really waste my potential with friendship? No! My friends helped me through thick and thin. I have to win this.' "Its my turn." Sunset drew her card. "Your monster is still weaker then mine. Lava Emperor, attack his spirit! Eruption Fist!" Lava Emperor surrounded its fist in lava and drove it towards the spirit.

"Your still a fool Sunset. I activate my trap, Magical Cylinder." The lava blast went through one cylinder, and fired the blast at Sunset.

"Ahhh!"

Dark Emperor: 8000
Sunset Shimmer: 5000

"I end my turn with a face down." Sunset placed her card.

"I draw." Dark drew his card. "I sacrifice my Spirit to Summon out two Demonic Tokens." Two doors opened and Sunset was held back by two black hands. A door moved in front of her. "Let's go back to that fateful night. The night my weaker half was lost."

A light came from the door. It showed a duel between Sunset and Gold. The only thing was, Gold was being taken over by shadows. "No, not this!"

"Yes this. This was the night that you got rid of Gold. Your friends never forgave you after that. And I wouldn't blame them. You were too weak to defeat me." Sunset collapsed to her knees. Tears stung her eyes. "And I will summon a monster just to prove how weak you are." Dark raised his hands. "It's time for the sun to set on the resistance!"